Kaweah Delta Health Care District Employee Reviews

great
Monitor Technician (Current Employee) –  visalia calforniaAugust 31, 2016
I love working at kaweah but there no positions in the field that I work in. There are wonderful people that work hard to make Kaweah who they are.From the housekeeping and the kitchen everyone is great.
Where to start
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Visalia, CAJuly 23, 2016
First, old hospital. Second, non-Union so they don't push breaks and if you can't take one, you don't get compensated. Union workers tried to come and they basically told us to ignore them and all this horrible stuff about unions. Now that I work in a hospital with one, I am way happier. To Continue, Suppose to get two 15s and one 30 min lunch..... Basically we only took our lunch, unless you smoked and a lot of staff did, ( guess living in the top 3rd worse air quality in the nation isn't enough?) THEN they take more then required and your poor co-worker had to watch 12 patients ( yours and hers till you came back). We always, ALWAYS, ALWAYS were over ratio on the oncology med-surg. 1-5? Nope! 1-6, then when your smoking co-worker needed her 600th break, you got 12. Which leads me to no break nurse. 3rd and lastly the nurses. Med-surg floor? AMAZING co-workers ( even the smokers who took many breaks were still supportive and kind). Specialty floor like Mother Baby???.... High school. High school all over again, And I actually didn't have problems with girls in high school like I did with these group of ladies. Clicky, unsupportive, just plain cold hearted to new hires. Whole floor eats their own young. Maybe they are sad and miserable that the live in Visalia? I have NO clue, but it was a nightmare and within 6 months I literally was crying and asking for my old job back on the floor I hated but at least my co-workers were supportive and cared more about nursing then looking good at work and didn't hurry through their work so they can sit and talk to their husband on the phone  more... for 45 mins ( my preceptor who I timed). Yeah. Oh, and the educator for mother baby?! Oh God! This intimidating older lady who I never saw smile and was just soooo.....sigh, Mean? For a lack of better word? Try Tulare or if you REALLY enjoy med-surg then do it just don't expect all your breaks and if you go on oncology expect over ratios.  less
Pros
Some nice nurses, private rooms and no WOWS!
Cons
No break nurse, old hospital. Mother baby? Then expect horrible co-workers. Non Union
great
Environmetal services (Former Employee) –  Visalia, CAJuly 13, 2016
great good co workers and staff and management ever thing was really great good place to work at to move up for future exp great way to start from great place
Full 8 hours, little to no supervision
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Visalia, CAJune 10, 2016
When on graveyard shift, which started at 6pm, management would leave at 730pm, with little to no communication about changes in in expectations as it pertained how my job was to be performed.
I loved my job however it did not work for my family. My boss was great as well as my co-workers. The hardest part of the job was being away from my f
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Visalia, CAMay 5, 2016
I was a Med/Surg nurse for years. I learned so much. I had great mentors that I will always cherish. My manager took me under her wing because I was a young nurse. When I went to the PACU/Recovery room I worked with a great team! I loved every day no matter if we got a break or not! I had to leave because my husband worked 3 hours away.
I enjoy typing and working as a medical transcription. I have been in this profession for over 10 yrs.
Medical Transcription (Former Employee) –  Visalia, CAApril 14, 2016
A typical work day is being there on time. Work in cubicle with computer and transcribing machine and foot pedal. Pull-up workload and begin typing reports starting from Stat on down to simple x-ray reports. Listen to physicians dictation and edit work and send to physicians for signing work off. Communicate with co-workers as day go by we concentrate on getting all work done for the day. I had a phone at my desk that I answered also and transferred calls if needed to the right department. The hardest part was trying to understand a doctor with German accent. The most enjoyable part was talking to patients and relatives as I walked through hospital. The atmosphere was a good feel at KDH when I worked there. They promoted education and was excited about you improving yourself.
Pros
They always gave away trips and gift baskets to employees annually.
Cons
Not enough parking.
Productive workplace
EXTERNSHIP (Former Employee) –  Visalia, CAFebruary 23, 2016
Daily Internship job performance include: Abdominal & small parts, OB, pelvic and breast ultrasound in a high volume setting.
Pros
relaxed atmosphere
Kaweah was overall a good place to work
Patient Accounts Clerk / Mail Room Service (Former Employee) –  Visalia, CADecember 15, 2015
one a typical day at work I would work with patients files on certain days I had to do mail I would sort threw it and hand it out. At Kaweah I learned how to be organize and prioritize my time, the work environment was good and I got along with my co-workers just fine.
Patient Access Service Representative
admitting (Former Employee) –  Visalia, CANovember 1, 2015
Typical day register patients for anything hospital related
Management tons of nepotism favorites. HR was no help and didn't advocate from staff since they wanted their families in the department.
Pros
awesome coworkers; ability to move with departments
Cons
management favoritism, HR cover ups
Kaweah Delta Hospital
Environmental Services Aide (Current Employee) –  Visalia, CAAugust 21, 2015
Hard work environment with very supportive supervisors. Very rude nurses and doctors. Good security measures, so you always feel safe. Everything is kept very clean and working. My co workers in EVS are the best part of the job, we all keep each other cheered up when the job gets tough. There's always new people to meet in the hospital environment. You never really know what to expect to happen. I sweat a lot doing this job, at times even bleed. Being a Housekeeper in a hospital setting is not an easy job. Not only due to the various bodily fluids that are constantly needing to be cleaned, but it is mainly the extremely degrading nurses and doctors that treat you like you're worthless. At $9 an hour it's hardly worth working there.
fast paced with alot of customer service
Cold food/ Cashier/ Barista (Former Employee) –  Visalia, CAAugust 1, 2015
my typical day would consist of handling patients special diet food orders preparing there meals so they would enjoy them efficiently. cooking an washing food prepping food for side dishes or salad bars. stocking an cleaning doctors lounges. cleaning the cafeteria tables counters an equipment. making coffee espresso for doctors nurses an guests.making an baking pastries in the cafe.
Pros
taste testing the food an meeting new people
Cons
short staffed
productive
unit secretary (Former Employee) –  visalia, caJune 27, 2015
fast paced environment. Great learning opportunity. Daily patient and patient family interaction. Worked weekends and holidays.
Productive and fun place to work.
EXTERNSHIP (Former Employee) –  Visalia, CAJune 22, 2015
NA Only did my externship here, can't really say how it is to work for them cause they never gave me a chance. My manager at the time said they were going to hire me but communication was not there.
healthcare..
surgical team assistant (Current Employee) –  Visalia, CAApril 23, 2015
I've learned so much working here, I did not quite know what i was coming into. Until this day i am learning something new everyday. A typical crazy day at work is usually the end of the week. We are always full beds and maxed out. My floor comes together as one and we all help out eachother! We have excellent management and my co-workers are great! I would say the hardest part is when sometimes a delivery can go bad, or a case go bad. I've learned to pull myself together under pressure and understand these things happen. I've learned lots of medical terminology i never knew before. Lot's of information about labor also!!
Pros
Being apart of something big and important! A longtime career..
Dysfunctional Environment
Social Work (Former Employee) –  Tulare CountyJanuary 3, 2015
Being of service to patients is a wonderful experience unlike any other. The management is extremely political and secretive. Management is unethical and protects one another, regardless of misconduct. This is an environment where "see no evil, hear no evil" reigns. If you are regular staff and don't mind playing political games, are ignorant to dysfunction, or simply don't care about ethics and morals...work here.
Pros
large community employer
Cons
labor board hotspot, minimal advancement opportunities
Lying co workers
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Main HospitalNovember 25, 2014
Coworker lied and had me fired. I worked overtime for them and was actually more into customer service than they were. This place is hiding the truth and covering up things to save themselves from legal problems. Watch out if you're there to be fair and treat people right. If you just want a pay check and okay with lying go for it. I can't wait to see the lawsuit they will get someday. I'll definitely be doing what I can to have that place discovered for what it really is.
Pros
Pay and benefits
Cons
Bad Management
Fun
Kitchen Crew (Former Employee) –  Visalia, CANovember 20, 2014
Great supervisors good hours great health benefits great co workers hours can be long and you do have to work most holidays and weekends but over all good place to work with great friendly people
Pros
free drinks
Cons
working holidays
...
LVN Nurse (Current Employee) –  Visalia, CANovember 19, 2014
I loved working for KDH, but my job has been eliminated due to cut backs of work force.
About myseld
Health Unit Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Visaia, caSeptember 29, 2014
A typical day at work includes the ability to ensure help and information to patients, visitors, and employees. It is my responsibility to coordinate the changes that occurs every minute. I learn to always adapt to the changes. The diversity group I work with is the profession in adapting to a variety of people or duties. I manage the issues that is presented to me while working and direct it to proper area or group that can better assist the problem. My co-workers are a professional diverse group that continues to help others the best they can. It is a pleasure to work with such an amazing group. The hardest part of my job is not being able to go outside of my job role. I tend to want to do much more to serve the best for the patients or my co-workers because I enjoy the work that I do. This, the reason for my passion to move forward with my career where I can do much more. I am looking for a career job in the field of Health Administration. Although, I may not fit some requirements, I always strive to learn the process of the industry work flow. Let me prove my abilities to you.
Pros
I can work individually or be a team player, organized and energetic to working with new ideas, responsible and accomplish task at a timely matter.
Cons
I do prefer to work M-F only.
Politically Ran Organization no diversity
Dietary Support Housekeeping Technician (Former Employee) –  Visalia Main HospitalSeptember 29, 2014
There is no accountability for lazy staff. They say they are saving money but spend money on lazy people No open door policy. Almost everyone is related so there is plenty of favoritism. Mistreated if you are not hispanic. They are not innovative and is being ran in the primitive way. Most of the people have never worked anywhere else so the are very closed minded. Not open to the outside. No diversity within the facility.
Pros
Cons
Too many to mention

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kaweah Delta Health Care District. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9