Kaweah Delta Health Care District

Kaweah Delta Health Care District Employee Reviews

Productive and fun place to work.
EXTERNSHIP (Former Employee), Visalia, CAJune 22, 2015
NA Only did my externship here, can't really say how it is to work for them cause they never gave me a chance. My manager at the time said they were going to hire me but communication was not there.
healthcare..
surgical team assistant (Current Employee), Visalia, CAApril 23, 2015
Pros: Being apart of something big and important! A longtime career..
I've learned so much working here, I did not quite know what i was coming into. Until this day i am learning something new everyday. A typical crazy day at work is usually the end of the week. We are always full beds and maxed out. My floor comes together as one and we all help out eachother! We have excellent management and my co-workers are great! I would say the hardest part is when sometimes a delivery can go bad, or a case go bad. I've learned to pull myself together under pressure and understand these things happen. I've learned lots of medical terminology i never knew before. Lot's of information about labor also!!
Dysfunctional Environment
Social Work (Former Employee), Tulare CountyJanuary 3, 2015
Pros: large community employer
Cons: labor board hotspot, minimal advancement opportunities
Being of service to patients is a wonderful experience unlike any other. The management is extremely political and secretive. Management is unethical and protects one another, regardless of misconduct. This is an environment where "see no evil, hear no evil" reigns. If you are regular staff and don't mind playing political games, are ignorant to dysfunction, or simply don't care about ethics and morals...work here.
Lying co workers
Security Guard (Former Employee), Main HospitalNovember 25, 2014
Pros: pay and benefits
Cons: bad management
Coworker lied and had me fired. I worked overtime for them and was actually more into customer service than they were. This place is hiding the truth and covering up things to save themselves from legal problems. Watch out if you're there to be fair and treat people right. If you just want a pay check and okay with lying go for it. I can't wait to see the lawsuit they will get someday. I'll definitely be doing what I can to have that place discovered for what it really is.
Fun
Kitchen Crew (Former Employee), Visalia, CANovember 20, 2014
Pros: free drinks
Cons: working holidays
Great supervisors good hours great health benefits great co workers hours can be long and you do have to work most holidays and weekends but over all good place to work with great friendly people
...
LVN Nurse (Current Employee), Visalia, CANovember 19, 2014
I loved working for KDH, but my job has been eliminated due to cut backs of work force.
About myseld
Health Unit Coordinator (Current Employee), Visaia, caSeptember 29, 2014
Pros: i can work individually or be a team player, organized and energetic to working with new ideas, responsible and accomplish task at a timely matter.
Cons: i do prefer to work m-f only.
A typical day at work includes the ability to ensure help and information to patients, visitors, and employees. It is my responsibility to coordinate the changes that occurs every minute. I learn to always adapt to the changes. The diversity group I work with is the profession in adapting to a variety of people or duties. I manage the issues that is presented to me while working and direct it to proper area or group that can better assist the problem. My co-workers are a professional diverse group that continues to help others the best they can. It is a pleasure to work with such an amazing group. The hardest part of my job is not being able to go outside of my job role. I tend to want to do much more to serve the best for the patients or my co-workers because I enjoy the work that I do. This, the reason for my passion to move forward with my career where I can do much more. I am looking for a career job in the field of Health Administration. Although, I may not fit some requirements, I always strive to learn the process of the industry work flow. Let me prove my abilities to you.
Politically Ran Organization no diversity
Dietary Support Housekeeping Technician (Former Employee), Visalia Main HospitalSeptember 29, 2014
Cons: too many to mention
There is no accountability for lazy staff. They say they are saving money but spend money on lazy people No open door policy. Almost everyone is related so there is plenty of favoritism. Mistreated if you are not hispanic. They are not innovative and is being ran in the primitive way. Most of the people have never worked anywhere else so the are very closed minded. Not open to the outside. No diversity within the facility.
I GOT TO TRAVEL EVERYDAY
CNA HHA CARETAKER (Former Employee), Visalia, CASeptember 22, 2014
Pros: the mini vacations
Cons: when a reset ran late & had to drive in the fog
HUFFY SERVICE FIRST : WAS A FUN JOB. IT WAS MY FIRST EXPERIENCE OF BEING A SUPERVISOR & I LOVED IT. I GOT TO TRAVEL TO DIFFERENT PLACE EVERY WEEK. HARDEST PART OF JOB WAS HUNTING DOWN SHELVES ETC IN STORE FOR RESETS. BEST PART OF JOB WHEN RESET CAME OUT PERFECT!!
I LEARNED I WAS SMARTER THAN I THOUGHT AT THAT TIME IN MY LIFE! I HAVE LOTS OF COMMON SENSE!! MY DIRECT BOSS WAS COOL. HE HAD CONFIDENCE IN ME :)
Opporunity to grow and learn throughout career, education encouraged.
Charge Nurse (Former Employee), Visalia, CAAugust 20, 2014
Love my experience at KD. Encouraged to advance my career through education, many opportunities available. Nurturing learning environment. Magnet status.
discriminating against non bilingual
none (Former Employee), visaliaAugust 2, 2014
I did the pre screening for medical assistant online, once I marked that I was not bilingual, It said didn't meet the job criteria for the job and could not proceed, they didn't even review my resume, but I was successfully able to proceed for laundry worker position, wow little opportunity for U.S citizens
It is all about the paper and not experience
Data Clerk (Current Employee), Ancillary servicesJune 18, 2014
Pros: great medical and dental benefits
Cons: poor salaries, employees not treated fairly and very political
This company says they want to be transparent and want to be a great place to work, but they only want nurses and people with Master degrees. There is not any room for advancement for those who have been in the field for multiple years and have proven themselves as great employees. This is a very political executive and director level management teams that have no clue what is really happening and if they do they do not care. The HR department does not even give internal candidates the courtesy of an interview or a phone call or anything. There is not any accountability among the leadership team. If you are not a nurse with a BSN or a MSN then you do not even matter. I know people who have applied for multiple positions and they were highly qualified and they never even heard back from Human Resources. Salaries are at the bottom and people are not paid fairly.
good team work and management
Clinical Nurse I (Former Employee), Visalia, CAApril 9, 2014
This is also a teaching hospital with a lot of opportunities. Staff is very experienced and helpful.
Not a good company.
Security Officer (Former Employee), Visalia, CAJanuary 16, 2014
NOT a company to work for. You get in trouble for doing your best. they do not treat you well. The main manager went to the mental ward and was picked up by the police. But yet he still works there.
Management knowledgeable
Physician/Clinic Office Coordinator (Former Employee), Visalia, CADecember 2, 2013
Pros: nice work environment
Cons: patients' you get to know sometimes died.
The management was easy to work with. Friendly and confident staff.
They do not know what they want
RN (Current Employee), Main CampusSeptember 9, 2013
Pros: nice area to live and work
Cons: old facility, management is unsure of themselves, and do not know what they want from their employees.
Executive management are on the fence as it relates to being an all star healthcare system. Not sure of themselves or confidence in their employees. Accountability is another word for punishment.
Manager's are awful
LVN (Current Employee), Visalia, CASeptember 4, 2013
The management favor certain employees and do not hold each equally accountable
fun place to work, but little room for advancement.
Marketing Specialist, Senior Marketing Specialist (Current Employee), Visalia, CAAugust 8, 2013
Exceptional place to work with exceptional leadership. Just limited room to grown.
Great teamwork!
Registered Nurse (RN) (Current Employee), Visalia, CAJuly 3, 2013
A great place to work! Great teamwork focus, patient caring, safety is always a priority.
A real look at this job from someone who has done it
Security Guard (Current Employee), Main Campus Visalia , CAMarch 17, 2013
Pros: no free lunch comes out of check.
Cons: inexperienced management, lazy staff, if you want to transfer to another dept. you will get wrote up so you will not be able to
I don't want to start out as a sour puss but the truth is the benefits and pay are the only perks to the job as KDMC Security. Your upper management will start out with concern and it will go away the longer you are employed. You can expect to be wrote up if you try to do your job according to the policies which change when it suits management. You will wear a sharp uniform and badge but don't count on any respect the EVS employees actually are more respected than you. The medical staff will never see you as important unless a patient goes crazy and tries to kick their Butts.Then you will be patted on the back but soon laughed at and joked about. So what is your job comic relief for staff and a person they can vent their built up hostility towards. No matter what situation do as little as possible you will be respected by your supervisor more. Also the manager preys on the weak and will try to obtain information about your co workers so he can create a paper trail for termination purposes. If you are looking only at the pay find another job even if it pays less you will have more job security. If you fall for the bait be ready to constantly be scrutinized by everyone and don't count on all the promises they will make you regarding protective gear or oc spray, tasters, etc the other staff working there are better equipped than you will ever be as a private citizen waiting on VPD to respond as you deal with the same thugs they do. They are armed and have back up it will be just you and more than likely you will eventually get injured or fed up of all the political bs. Be careful who you try to reprimand or you will be getting your pink slip and last checks. I have always been told if it looks to good to be true it more than likely is. Good Luck and make the right decision.

June 29, 2013

How much do you guys start out making? and what does the driving security do?

Kaweah Delta Health Care District Salaries