Kaweah Delta Health Care District Employee Reviews in United States

I enjoy typing and working as a medical transcription. I have been in this profession for over 10 yrs.
Medical Transcription (Former Employee) –  Visalia, CAApril 14, 2016
A typical work day is being there on time. Work in cubicle with computer and transcribing machine and foot pedal. Pull-up workload and begin typing reports starting from Stat on down to simple x-ray reports. Listen to physicians dictation and edit work and send to physicians for signing work off. Communicate with co-workers as day go by we concentrate on getting all work done for the day. I had a phone at my desk that I answered also and transferred calls if needed to the right department. The hardest part was trying to understand a doctor with German accent. The most enjoyable part was talking to patients and relatives as I walked through hospital. The atmosphere was a good feel at KDH when I worked there. They promoted education and was excited about you improving yourself.
Pros
They always gave away trips and gift baskets to employees annually.
Cons
Not enough parking.
I loved my job however it did not work for my family. My boss was great as well as my co-workers. The hardest part of the job was being away from my f
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Visalia, CAMay 5, 2016
I was a Med/Surg nurse for years. I learned so much. I had great mentors that I will always cherish. My manager took me under her wing because I was a young nurse. When I went to the PACU/Recovery room I worked with a great team! I loved every day no matter if we got a break or not! I had to leave because my husband worked 3 hours away.
healthcare..
surgical team assistant (Current Employee) –  Visalia, CAApril 23, 2015
I've learned so much working here, I did not quite know what i was coming into. Until this day i am learning something new everyday. A typical crazy day at work is usually the end of the week. We are always full beds and maxed out. My floor comes together as one and we all help out eachother! We have excellent management and my co-workers are great! I would say the hardest part is when sometimes a delivery can go bad, or a case go bad. I've learned to pull myself together under pressure and understand these things happen. I've learned lots of medical terminology i never knew before. Lot's of information about labor also!!
Pros
Being apart of something big and important! A longtime career..
great
Environmetal services (Former Employee) –  Visalia, CAJuly 13, 2016
great good co workers and staff and management ever thing was really great good place to work at to move up for future exp great way to start from great place
Patient Access Service Representative
admitting (Former Employee) –  Visalia, CANovember 1, 2015
Typical day register patients for anything hospital related
Management tons of nepotism favorites. HR was no help and didn't advocate from staff since they wanted their families in the department.
Pros
awesome coworkers; ability to move with departments
Cons
management favoritism, HR cover ups
It is all about the paper and not experience
Data Clerk (Current Employee) –  Ancillary servicesJune 18, 2014
This company says they want to be transparent and want to be a great place to work, but they only want nurses and people with Master degrees. There is not any room for advancement for those who have been in the field for multiple years and have proven themselves as great employees. This is a very political executive and director level management teams that have no clue what is really happening and if they do they do not care. The HR department does not even give internal candidates the courtesy of an interview or a phone call or anything. There is not any accountability among the leadership team. If you are not a nurse with a BSN or a MSN then you do not even matter. I know people who have applied for multiple positions and they were highly qualified and they never even heard back from Human Resources. Salaries are at the bottom and people are not paid fairly.
Pros
great medical and dental benefits
Cons
poor salaries, employees not treated fairly and very political
Lying co workers
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Main HospitalNovember 25, 2014
Coworker lied and had me fired. I worked overtime for them and was actually more into customer service than they were. This place is hiding the truth and covering up things to save themselves from legal problems. Watch out if you're there to be fair and treat people right. If you just want a pay check and okay with lying go for it. I can't wait to see the lawsuit they will get someday. I'll definitely be doing what I can to have that place discovered for what it really is.
Pros
pay and benefits
Cons
bad management
Productive workplace
EXTERNSHIP (Former Employee) –  Visalia, CAFebruary 23, 2016
Daily Internship job performance include: Abdominal & small parts, OB, pelvic and breast ultrasound in a high volume setting.
Pros
relaxed atmosphere
Kaweah was overall a good place to work
Patient Accounts Clerk / Mail Room Service (Former Employee) –  Visalia, CADecember 15, 2015
one a typical day at work I would work with patients files on certain days I had to do mail I would sort threw it and hand it out. At Kaweah I learned how to be organize and prioritize my time, the work environment was good and I got along with my co-workers just fine.
Where to start
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Visalia, CAJuly 23, 2016
First, old hospital. Second, non-Union so they don't push breaks and if you can't take one, you don't get compensated. Union workers tried to come and they basically told us to ignore them and all this horrible stuff about unions. Now that I work in a hospital with one, I am way happier. To Continue, Suppose to get two 15s and one 30 min lunch..... Basically we only took our lunch, unless you smoked and a lot of staff did, ( guess living in the top 3rd worse air quality in the nation isn't enough?) THEN they take more then required and your poor co-worker had to watch 12 patients ( yours and hers till you came back). We always, ALWAYS, ALWAYS were over ratio on the oncology med-surg. 1-5? Nope! 1-6, then when your smoking co-worker needed her 600th break, you got 12. Which leads me to no break nurse. 3rd and lastly the nurses. Med-surg floor? AMAZING co-workers ( even the smokers who took many breaks were still supportive and kind). Specialty floor like Mother Baby???.... High school. High school all over again, And I actually didn't have problems with girls in high school like I did with these group of ladies. Clicky, unsupportive, just plain cold hearted to new hires. Whole floor eats their own young. Maybe they are sad and miserable that the live in Visalia? I have NO clue, but it was a nightmare and within 6 months I literally was crying and asking for my old job back on the floor I hated but at least my co-workers were supportive and cared more about nursing then looking good at work and didn't hurry through their work so they can sit and talk to their husband on the phone  more... for 45 mins ( my preceptor who I timed). Yeah. Oh, and the educator for mother baby?! Oh God! This intimidating older lady who I never saw smile and was just soooo.....sigh, Mean? For a lack of better word? Try Tulare or if you REALLY enjoy med-surg then do it just don't expect all your breaks and if you go on oncology expect over ratios.  less
Pros
Some nice nurses, private rooms and no WOWS!
Cons
No break nurse, old hospital. Mother baby? Then expect horrible co-workers. Non Union
Kaweah Delta Hospital
Environmental Services Aide (Current Employee) –  Visalia, CAAugust 21, 2015
Hard work environment with very supportive supervisors. Very rude nurses and doctors. Good security measures, so you always feel safe. Everything is kept very clean and working. My co workers in EVS are the best part of the job, we all keep each other cheered up when the job gets tough. There's always new people to meet in the hospital environment. You never really know what to expect to happen. I sweat a lot doing this job, at times even bleed. Being a Housekeeper in a hospital setting is not an easy job. Not only due to the various bodily fluids that are constantly needing to be cleaned, but it is mainly the extremely degrading nurses and doctors that treat you like you're worthless. At $9 an hour it's hardly worth working there.
Dysfunctional Environment
Social Work (Former Employee) –  Tulare CountyJanuary 3, 2015
Being of service to patients is a wonderful experience unlike any other. The management is extremely political and secretive. Management is unethical and protects one another, regardless of misconduct. This is an environment where "see no evil, hear no evil" reigns. If you are regular staff and don't mind playing political games, are ignorant to dysfunction, or simply don't care about ethics and morals...work here.
Pros
large community employer
Cons
labor board hotspot, minimal advancement opportunities
fast paced with alot of customer service
Cold food/ Cashier/ Barista (Former Employee) –  Visalia, CAAugust 1, 2015
my typical day would consist of handling patients special diet food orders preparing there meals so they would enjoy them efficiently. cooking an washing food prepping food for side dishes or salad bars. stocking an cleaning doctors lounges. cleaning the cafeteria tables counters an equipment. making coffee espresso for doctors nurses an guests.making an baking pastries in the cafe.
Pros
taste testing the food an meeting new people
Cons
short staffed
Ex employee
security (Former Employee) –  visaliaOctober 2, 2012
Only a few of the security staff are fun to work for. But the management can be a lot better. The main boss should not be working there,due to the way he runs the place and his personal things. They will let you go for no reason. if you frel that you are not neening treated fair and you take it up to upper management then you get fired. So no dont work there.
Pros
nothing
Cons
dont even try it
Review
Anonymous (Former Employee) –  Visalia, CAAugust 4, 2012
I am so happy to be away from such a political ran organization. The Leadership does not follow their own mission statement! They don't back their employees unless it services their own purpose. Look at their job board.....They cannot fill middle mgmt positions because it is known that the Leadership Team won't back them up when it is really needed! Employee dedication is not recognized, which is a shame. The leadership of this orgnization does not truly value their hard working employees.
Pros
health benefits
Cons
lack of leadership that cares....middle mgmt that lack integrity
good work ethics, co workers friendly, integrity, values, caring
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Visalia, CANovember 1, 2012
work was precisely all about integrity...A typical day at work was about attending to the patients and the work duties that needed to be preformed. I enjoyed arriving at work knowing that the work I get paid for was going to be performed in such a genuine manner.

I learned that not everyone is the same in nature, for we are all unique in our own way. Every individual has a blueprint and this is what makes you you...Some people deal with stress, problems, and life differently; this is why it is important to always approach people in a nice manner no matter how the treat you because a smile can go a long way.

Management was always fair and nothing was never out of the ordinary. However, my co workers were awesome to work with,. it was all about team work,. the hardest part of the job was probably losing a pt that was a pediatric
Pros
free lunch, bonsus
Cons
short staffed, short breaks
Great Company (hospital) to work for
RN,BC Board certified Gerontology Nurse (Former Employee) –  Visalia, CASeptember 21, 2012
In my last job running the Wellness Center I enjoyed working with the Elderly very much. I got along well with the LVN's and caregivers that worked in Assisted Living. They would come to us for support and we had a good working relationship with them. The Hospital had a partnership with Living care, so my RN partner and I were the Only Hospital employees. At times it was hard working with the management of Living care when we didn't agree with the care or employees hired by them. But, all in all, it was a wonderful experience in Nursing!
Pros
working independently
Cons
working with another management but, under our hospital management
A real look at this job from someone who has done it
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Main Campus Visalia , CAMarch 17, 2013
I don't want to start out as a sour puss but the truth is the benefits and pay are the only perks to the job as KDMC Security. Your upper management will start out with concern and it will go away the longer you are employed. You can expect to be wrote up if you try to do your job according to the policies which change when it suits management. You will wear a sharp uniform and badge but don't count on any respect the EVS employees actually are more respected than you. The medical staff will never see you as important unless a patient goes crazy and tries to kick their Butts.Then you will be patted on the back but soon laughed at and joked about. So what is your job comic relief for staff and a person they can vent their built up hostility towards. No matter what situation do as little as possible you will be respected by your supervisor more. Also the manager preys on the weak and will try to obtain information about your co workers so he can create a paper trail for termination purposes. If you are looking only at the pay find another job even if it pays less you will have more job security. If you fall for the bait be ready to constantly be scrutinized by everyone and don't count on all the promises they will make you regarding protective gear or oc spray, tasters, etc the other staff working there are better equipped than you will ever be as a private citizen waiting on VPD to respond as you deal with the same thugs they do. They are armed and have back up it will be just you and more than likely you will eventually get injured or fed up of all the political bs. Be careful  more... who you try to reprimand or you will be getting your pink slip and last checks. I have always been told if it looks to good to be true it more than likely is. Good Luck and make the right decision.  less
Pros
no free lunch comes out of check.
Cons
inexperienced management, lazy staff, if you want to transfer to another dept. you will get wrote up so you will not be able to
About myseld
Health Unit Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Visaia, caSeptember 29, 2014
A typical day at work includes the ability to ensure help and information to patients, visitors, and employees. It is my responsibility to coordinate the changes that occurs every minute. I learn to always adapt to the changes. The diversity group I work with is the profession in adapting to a variety of people or duties. I manage the issues that is presented to me while working and direct it to proper area or group that can better assist the problem. My co-workers are a professional diverse group that continues to help others the best they can. It is a pleasure to work with such an amazing group. The hardest part of my job is not being able to go outside of my job role. I tend to want to do much more to serve the best for the patients or my co-workers because I enjoy the work that I do. This, the reason for my passion to move forward with my career where I can do much more. I am looking for a career job in the field of Health Administration. Although, I may not fit some requirements, I always strive to learn the process of the industry work flow. Let me prove my abilities to you.
Pros
i can work individually or be a team player, organized and energetic to working with new ideas, responsible and accomplish task at a timely matter.
Cons
i do prefer to work m-f only.
Productive and fun place to work.
EXTERNSHIP (Former Employee) –  Visalia, CAJune 22, 2015
NA Only did my externship here, can't really say how it is to work for them cause they never gave me a chance. My manager at the time said they were going to hire me but communication was not there.

2.8