Kaweah Delta Health Care District

Kaweah Delta Health Care District Employer Reviews

good team work and management
Clinical Nurse I (Former Employee), Visalia, CAApril 9, 2014
This is also a teaching hospital with a lot of opportunities. Staff is very experienced and helpful.
Not a good company.
Security Officer (Former Employee), Visalia, CAJanuary 16, 2014
NOT a company to work for. You get in trouble for doing your best. they do not treat you well. The main manager went to the mental ward and was picked up by the police. But yet he still works there.
Management knowledgeable
Physician/Clinic Office Coordinator (Former Employee), Visalia, CADecember 2, 2013
Pros: nice work environment
Cons: patients' you get to know sometimes died.
The management was easy to work with. Friendly and confident staff.
They do not know what they want
RN (Current Employee), Main CampusSeptember 9, 2013
Pros: nice area to live and work
Cons: old facility, management is unsure of themselves, and do not know what they want from their employees.
Executive management are on the fence as it relates to being an all star healthcare system. Not sure of themselves or confidence in their employees. Accountability is another word for punishment.
Manager's are awful
LVN (Current Employee), Visalia, CASeptember 4, 2013
The management favor certain employees and do not hold each equally accountable
fun place to work, but little room for advancement.
Marketing Specialist, Senior Marketing Specialist (Current Employee), Visalia, CAAugust 8, 2013
Exceptional place to work with exceptional leadership. Just limited room to grown.
Great teamwork!
Registered Nurse (RN) (Current Employee), Visalia, CAJuly 3, 2013
A great place to work! Great teamwork focus, patient caring, safety is always a priority.
A real look at this job from someone who has done it
Security Guard (Current Employee), Main Campus Visalia , CAMarch 17, 2013
Pros: no free lunch comes out of check.
Cons: inexperienced management, lazy staff, if you want to transfer to another dept. you will get wrote up so you will not be able to
I don't want to start out as a sour puss but the truth is the benefits and pay are the only perks to the job as KDMC Security. Your upper management will start out with concern and it will go away the longer you are employed. You can expect to be wrote up if you try to do your job according to the policies which change when it suits management. You – more... will wear a sharp uniform and badge but don't count on any respect the EVS employees actually are more respected than you. The medical staff will never see you as important unless a patient goes crazy and tries to kick their Butts.Then you will be patted on the back but soon laughed at and joked about. So what is your job comic relief for staff and a person they can vent their built up hostility towards. No matter what situation do as little as possible you will be respected by your supervisor more. Also the manager preys on the weak and will try to obtain information about your co workers so he can create a paper trail for termination purposes. If you are looking only at the pay find another job even if it pays less you will have more job security. If you fall for the bait be ready to constantly be scrutinized by everyone and don't count on all the promises they will make you regarding protective gear or oc spray, tasters, etc the other staff working there are better equipped than you will ever be as a private citizen waiting on VPD to respond as you deal with the same thugs they do. They are armed and have back up it will be just you and more than likely you will eventually get injured or fed up of all the political bs. Be careful who you try to reprimand or you will be getting your pink slip and last checks. I have always been told if it looks to good to be true it more than likely is. Good Luck and make the right decision. – less

Chirs – June 29, 2013

How much do you guys start out making? and what does the driving security do?

Fast Pace Office
Private Board Exchange Operator (PBX Operator) (Former Employee), Visalia, CAJanuary 9, 2013
At PBX there are no two day's the same. Everyday is full of new calls, codes, turmas, and much more. Most of our dutys would require team-work, and I had great co-wokers! It was not only my duty but a reward to me in knowing that I helped each of my customers with what ever service they had requested from me.
Great team working hospital
RN, Clinical IS Educator (Former Employee), Visalia, CADecember 8, 2012
A typical day is very busy. I learned How to put the skills I learned to be nurse into practice thanks to the help of great leaders and mentors. Many of my co-workers became friends. The hardest part about my job was working dying patients and their families however this was the best part of my job. I loved being the nurse for these families.
good work ethics, co workers friendly, integrity, values, caring
Phlebotomist (Former Employee), Visalia, CANovember 1, 2012
Pros: free lunch, bonsus
Cons: short staffed, short breaks
work was precisely all about integrity...A typical day at work was about attending to the patients and the work duties that needed to be preformed. I enjoyed arriving at work knowing that the work I get paid for was going to be performed in such a genuine manner.

I learned that not everyone is the same in nature, for we are all unique in our own way. – more... Every individual has a blueprint and this is what makes you you...Some people deal with stress, problems, and life differently; this is why it is important to always approach people in a nice manner no matter how the treat you because a smile can go a long way.

Management was always fair and nothing was never out of the ordinary. However, my co workers were awesome to work with,. it was all about team work,. the hardest part of the job was probably losing a pt that was a pediatric – less
Ex employee
security (Former Employee), visaliaOctober 2, 2012
Pros: nothing
Cons: dont even try it
Only a few of the security staff are fun to work for. But the management can be a lot better. The main boss should not be working there,due to the way he runs the place and his personal things. They will let you go for no reason. if you frel that you are not neening treated fair and you take it up to upper management then you get fired. So no dont work – more... there. – less
Great Company (hospital) to work for
RN,BC Board certified Gerontology Nurse (Former Employee), Visalia, CASeptember 21, 2012
Pros: working independently
Cons: working with another management but, under our hospital management
In my last job running the Wellness Center I enjoyed working with the Elderly very much. I got along well with the LVN's and caregivers that worked in Assisted Living. They would come to us for support and we had a good working relationship with them. The Hospital had a partnership with Living care, so my RN partner and I were the Only Hospital employees. – more... At times it was hard working with the management of Living care when we didn't agree with the care or employees hired by them. But, all in all, it was a wonderful experience in Nursing! – less
It was a pleasure working for kaweah
Surgical Technologist (Former Employee), Visalia, CAAugust 31, 2012
Great coworkers, staff and doctors. Case loads were even between all the techs and there was a firm, fair and consistent policy.
Review
Anonymous (Former Employee), Visalia, CAAugust 4, 2012
Pros: health benefits
Cons: lack of leadership that cares....middle mgmt that lack integrity
I am so happy to be away from such a political ran organization. The Leadership does not follow their own mission statement! They don't back their employees unless it services their own purpose. Look at their job board.....They cannot fill middle mgmt positions because it is known that the Leadership Team won't back them up when it is really needed! – more... Employee dedication is not recognized, which is a shame. The leadership of this orgnization does not truly value their hard working employees. – less
Secutity
Security Officer (Former Employee), Visalia, CAJuly 3, 2012
Pros: nothing
Cons: everything
They are a company who will cut corners and does not care a bout the employees. They hire people who look out for them selfs. They will let you go for nothing. I would rather go to fresno then this place.
MOSTLY A FAMILY ENVIRONMENT
Certified Phlebotomist (Former Employee), VISALIA ,CAJune 22, 2012
NOT A PERFECT PLACE TO WORK, BUT ONE WHERE YOU FEEL LIKE FAMILY. PT CARE IS VERY IMPORTANT. BUT MANAGEMENT TO BE BETTER.
Front Desk receptionist
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee), Visalia, CAApril 18, 2012
Answering phones and greeting members working with the public was always great everyday was the same but different it was a good place to work.
Fun working environment
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee), Tulare, CAApril 9, 2012
I never really saw going to work as a job, it was more of a activity I enjoy doing. The hands on environment allowed me to gain the knowledge and care to apply in all medical working fields.