Kay Jewelers Employee Reviews

fun place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Temple Hills, MDMay 24, 2017
I enjoyed kays until they closed the store I started at and moved me out my comfort zone then everything went down hill

I went from home to Spanish land and my Spanish isn't that fluent yet
So that's was a major adjustment I had to do
Pros
discounts
Cons
managmenr
Great pay horrible hours
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Chambersburg, PAMay 22, 2017
Kays is a great place to work. Good pay, great advancement but terrible hours. If you dont mind working alot i would definietly recommend it. Also lots of perks for the managers
No life
Sales (Current Employee) –  Glen Burnie, MDMay 21, 2017
This company has made changes with the commission and it is terrible. You work really hard to meet the standards and you get pennies along with the low salaries.
Started great, ended horribly
STORE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  IndianaMay 21, 2017
I really liked this job when I was brought on board. Advancement was quick, and recognition was easily given. Then, once you begin to succeed, then they apply tremendous amounts of pressure, and burn you out.
Good Money, Long Hours, Work Work Work
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAMay 20, 2017
Its an ok company to work for. Very stressful as they pressure you with sales numbers and quotas and credit apps. But people who've sold jewelry before would understand this a bit or maybe other sales. Depending on location management may be great in others not so great at all. I've experienced great managers who teach and train and then there are others that make you sale for them. Bummer!! Money is great if your good at it and the commission is good too!! But its mall hours so they become long and boring. Bright side you can advance in most stores or else where if you can sale!! They love building new stores and there's always room to move but don't have a few bad months in sales! Demotion happens QUICK!!!
Productive place to work
Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Orangeburg, SCMay 19, 2017
Great place to work . great workplace to become a leader. Employees are very friendly and we all work together as a team to reach all of our daily goals. Hours are great and flexibility is very convenient. Can be taught great retail experience dealing with jewelry at a proffesional level.job satifaction is definitely met at this job.I Like the fact that you can move up to a position that would benefit you in many ways. We as employees are challenged everyday by receiving daily goals, thatveach employee must meet. A couple examples would be things such as warranties and sales.
Customer service is greatly crew hired of us as a sales consultant. You must be able to properly greet the customer close out a sale , or even having great communication skills when receiving or making phone calls.
Pros
Commision based
Cons
Short breaks
Productive and competitive environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  DeLand, FLMay 19, 2017
A typical day at work included putting merchandise out on the floor and putting it away at night. You help customers that walk through the door with jewelry purchases and jewelry repairs. I learned a lot about diamonds and sales. The management at the store I worked are awesome people. They were very willing to help with any questions you have and to better your skills to become successful. The hardest part of the job is staying on top of the standards of the sales industry. The most enjoyable part of the job is when you know you are successful and are meeting all standards set by the company.
Sink or swim
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Broomfield, COMay 19, 2017
Kay is a good place to learn how to self-motivate. One has a chance to rise quickly based off of how much you sell. The downside is the commission percentage is largely not up to an individual sales person but based off of how well the entire store is doing compared to budget. The cream usually rises to the top though.
Pros
learn the basics of sales
Cons
high pressure
Good depending on management
Sales (Current Employee) –  TennesseeMay 18, 2017
Has potential to be a great job. It entirely depends on your work ethic, what you want out of the job and more than anything the management. Bad management can ruin the job for you.
Sell Sell Sell
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCMay 16, 2017
This is a very corporatized company only focusing on the standards in which you are expected to produce. VERY large company with tons of locations and the ability to travel and move with the company.

Want to know more about Kay Jewelers?

Ask a question
Every kiss begins with K
Assistant Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXMay 15, 2017
It's a stress free environment but can get busy at time staff is sweet and wonderful from all ages. You get to be a part of one of the best times for the custom
Pros
Fun job, training is amazing
Cons
High volume store
fun people
Product Consultant (Current Employee) –  Laurel, MDMay 10, 2017
love working with the staff, i have learned that a person can sell to anyone with great customer service skills. Sometimes can be very slow . the hardest party of the job would be to make the sales goal.
Fast pase
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALMay 8, 2017
A typical day at work would be having different kinds of people looking for different types of jewelry. You had to learn to think fast and be quick on your feet. Learn the different products and their prices which constantly changed. The hardest part of the job would be trying to find something someone wants in a small price range.
Pros
Getting to interact with new people everyday
Cons
Having a quota and sometimes not being able to meet it do to slow business.
Amazing Company
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WAMay 6, 2017
I enjoyed my time with this company. I learned a lot about management and over all customer service in the jewelry industry. This is a great company although I enjoy expanding my experience outside of jewelry.
Very enjoyable environment...
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Commerce, GAMay 6, 2017
I enjoyed working for Kay Jewelers. A normal day starts off at a moderate pace; there is always paperwork. Customer service can be fast or slow paced depending on the time of year. Managers were very knowledgeable, but not always as professional as needed. The hardest part about working there are the hours. Retail's hours are very demanding and my family's demands are as well. I have learned and been trained on how to recognized gems and diamonds and that is very rewarding. I really enjoy meeting the needs of the customers, and introducing them to new possibilities of the beauty of jewelry.
Pros
There is room for advancement.
Cons
The hours vary.
It is a good place to start your sales or jewelry career.
Jewelry Consultant (Former Employee) –  Taylor, MIMay 6, 2017
It is a good place to start learning the jewelry trade. It is too cut throat to actually be promoted as they want you to always "play as a team" but only promote through "individual statistics".
Great Customer Base, Good Experience
Jewelry Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Monaca, PAMay 5, 2017
At Kay Jewelers I really enjoyed my coworkers. They strive to maintain a family environment with a comfortable atmosphere. However, the managment are promoted soley on sales, regardless how the sales are acheived, not based on leadership ability. This makes for unqualified management and a high employee turnover. The company does offer good compensation for an entry level sales job.
Pros
Good starting pay. Foot in the door for Jewelery Sales
Cons
Unqualified manage
Great organization with plenty of advancement.
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCMay 3, 2017
I started out as a sales associate and within 8 months I was offered an asst Manger job. Within the next year, I had my own store. This company rewards hard work. Excellent place to work, learn, and develop.
Pros
Training opportunites
Jewelry
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Elizabethtown, KYMay 2, 2017
I absolutely loved working here they care about you and assist with anything you needed. Pay wasn't that good and came without benefits. It's fast paced.
productive and fun working place
Jewelry Consultant (Current Employee) –  Appleton, WIMay 2, 2017
Kay Jewelers is a great place to work. I would highly recommend them. They work hard to train and help you gain the knowledge of being a jewelry consultant

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kay Jewelers. Our community is ready to answer.