Kay and Associates Employee Reviews

great place to work
Light Production/Electrical Assembler (Former Employee), Lombard, ILDecember 30, 2014
Pros: some benefits vac pay
Stable work Great places to work friendly atmosphere promotes growth dependable company easy to call everything positive
I would recommend them to friends Typical work day 7 am-330 pm overtime is available and not mandatory coworkers are positive and helpful company promotes a team environment
Contractor for Coriant/Tellabs
Engineering Technician (Current Employee), Naperville, IllinoisNovember 6, 2014
Very high tech, fun place to work, with great people. The hardest part of the job is to actually end the day. It is very fulfilling to supply product to customers. As well as, fix problems and improve processes.
Great working environment
MH-60-S Aircraft Maintenance Technician (Former Employee), Lemoore Naval Air Station, CASeptember 14, 2014
Daily tasks are easy to understand and accomplish with little interruption from managment.
Poor
Airframe Structural Mechanic Second Class (Current Employee), Lemoore, CAAugust 28, 2014
There is a lack of management and ability to have maturity and separating navy and civilian life.
Highly experienced professionals with a desire for perfection
Training Coordinator (Current Employee), Fort Lewis, WAJune 9, 2014
Pros: rewarding work, great pay, great management
Kay and Associates, Inc. employees only the best and highly trained individuals to work on their Contract Field Team (CFT) government contract teams. These teams work along side the most elite and fastest paced military units in the world and provide a service that meets and exceeds that customers expectations; often without gratuity.
horrible company
Logistics (Former Employee), fort polk, laMarch 27, 2014
Pros: pay
Cons: lazy workers, bad management, and lots of childish back stabbing
the only good thing about this company was the pay. Upper management didnt care about employees or if things went missing. I worked supply and the lady in charge of supply didnt know what she was doing and the property book was so screwed up it was ridiculous.
A decent place to work.
F-18 Ordnance Specialist (Current Employee), KuwaitFebruary 14, 2014
Pros: work environment is relaxed, but professional
Cons: the per diem rate doesn't always match the cost of living.
I've got no complaints about the company. Management in Kuwait is great, given the circumstances. The toughest part of the job is the drive to work.
Contract work, flexible
Coordinator/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), KuwaitJanuary 21, 2014
Pros: flexible
In 1960 Kay and Associates, Inc. (KAI) was founded to provide exceptional quality and cost effective technical services to both Government and Commercial customers worldwide. Today, with nearly 50 years of experience, our world class customers have come to expect the very best from KAI.

KAI's recent challenges include the management of complex depot level aviation maintenance operations, operation of all levels of metrology laboratories, maintenance test flight, flight training, management and operation of customer owned ground support equipment/rolling fleet and direct maintenance support of daily flight operations.

Importantly, KAI's staffing solutions also provide our customers with a flexible, cost effective business approach to address their information technology, engineering, manufacturing and warehousing requirements as well.

KAI's award winning "ISO 9001:2008" certified technical support capability stands ready to address your most challenging strategic, program or project level needs. Our scalable, state of the art financial and project management, recruiting, communications and field support systems make us uniquely qualified to craft and support a solution best suited to your end user requirements.
Good working environment
O-Level Ordnance Technician (Current Employee), KuwaitNovember 15, 2013
Pros: great pay, and health benefits
Cons: being 7k miles away from family.
A typical day at work consists of doing special and scheduled maintenance on the aircraft. We also load/download live and inert munitions. The best part of my job is my co-workers we get along great and have great chemistry. We are like a well oiled machine. Everyone knows what needs to get done and we do it. The hardest part of the job is being in the Middle East.
Excellent company to work for.
General warehouse contractor. (Former Employee), Buffalo Grove, ILNovember 14, 2013
Pros: working for this agency.
Cons: none.
This is an outstanding company that not only takes care of their employees but is also most attentive to working closely with the employees to solve issues. They have very good clients that they work with. This is a most gratifying company to work for as well as with.
Working with military on tool management and distribution
Tool Room Attendant (Current Employee), Windsor Locks, CTOctober 29, 2013
working with this company gives me the ability to have one-on-one support with the workers along with data research for complete satisfaction for the customer. The hands-on experiance i have obtained is a big help to help others.
Productive and friendly work enviroment.
MECHANIC I (Former Employee), Little Rock AFB, ArkansasOctober 15, 2013
Greta pay and benefits. Very good hours. Paid Holidays off.
good job, good pay, HORRIBLE management and staff
former employee (Former Employee), fort polk, laSeptember 27, 2013
Pros: pay, easy job
Cons: drama drama drama
the job its self is great, and the pay was OK. But the drama and rumors within this workplace make for a hostile and tense work environment. Staff are Constantly trying to hurt each other. Its a vicious cycle. And when you complain to get help, management sweeps it under the rug because usually the people causing the issues have been there for years and years, and they are friends with the higher ups, so as a new person you are completely on your own here. The stress completely out weighs the pay. Proceed with this company at your own risk. And im not talking badly about the KAY corporation as a whole, im talking badly about the fort polk job site. good luck.
WORKPLACE
F/A-18 IMA COMPOSITE SUPERVISOR (Current Employee), STATE OF KUWAITAugust 22, 2013
Pros: work hours, good vacation lots of holidays...
Cons: being away from family..
WORKING ON THE F-18 PROGRAM FOR THE KUWAIT AIR FORCE HAS BEEN A BLAST FOR THE PAST 10 YEARS..
Outstanding company.
Sr. Air Base Operations Manager (Former Employee), UAEMay 9, 2013
Everything they stated they backed up. Would appreciate another opportunity to work with them
Supervisor of 35 dedicated aircraft maintenance technicians.
Site Manager (Current Employee), New Orleans, LAApril 3, 2013
Pros: outstanding work environment.
Cons: local traffic conditions.
Morning attendance meeting at 0600, assigning tasks and safety briefing. I have learned a great deal by supervising personnel for 3 years in my capacity. Outstanging Management Support from the home office makes my job a lot easier. My co- workers consist of 35 decicated professionals. The hardest part of my job is helping personell with personal issues. The most enjoyable part of my job is always meeting our production goals from day one.
ALWAYS INTERESTING
OH-58C scout (Current Employee), FT.Polk LouisianaDecember 24, 2012
Pros: working with the us army
Cons: short lunches
I ENJOY WORKING WITH THE PEOPLE THAT I DO. I HAVE BEEN WITH THE COMPANY FOR 7 YEARS AND HAVE LEARNED A GREAT DEAL AND EXPANDED AS A PERSON.
Good company to work for, meet most of my needs.
Jet Engine Technician (Current Employee), Seymour-Johnson AFB, NCOctober 23, 2012
Pros: 10 hours shifts and 4 day work week was great.
Cons: had to buy company health care, when i was already covered.
Working on a contract field team build-up and tear-down of jet engines.
Sight manager was a good fit for our team, keep us busy and on task
The Team works together good and most days were uneventful, production and quality was very high.
The hardest part working here is dealing with other organization, either there standards were not as high or they didn't have the supervision to keep them on task.
Job satisfaction in this position is great; However, I would have like to have a stronger opportunity for advancement. Would of liked to have been challenged with more responsablity.

May 12, 2013

Are you still working out of SJAFB?

OK job.
Electronic Countermeasures Technician (Former Employee), KuwaitSeptember 10, 2012
Pros: ok pay.
Cons: location.
Job was good but the location was terrible. Too hot and dusty. Driving was very hazardous.
Good company good pau
Aircraft Mechanic II (Current Employee), Dover AFBJuly 11, 2012
Kay and associates is a good company to work for. The work is sometimes intense but overall a good work environment. Work is done in three shifts an shift leads are flexible with times as long as you are consistent with work practices.