Kay and Associates Employee Reviews

Good company
Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Fort Drum, NYJanuary 9, 2017
this company was decent to work for. had good benefits, along with a person that came into the shop weekly to check and see if we needed anything. committed to their employees
Great company to work for!
Plane Captain (Current Employee) –  IL, usaFebruary 16, 2017
A great company to work for. Management team is very supportive and have an open door policy for suggestions and/or concerns. Strong team support from coworkers and other peers. Work culture and environment is superb.
Disapointed In the way Both Parties handled my Employment
Line Technician (Former Employee) –  707 Dayton Road Ottawa Il 61350June 23, 2016
First was told by Kay it was 40 hours a week some OT. well it was not 6 am To 6pm mandatory with every Saturday for the first three month's, The revolving door continued as well during my work for B&B Smartworx. This was not a big out fit mind you.
It was a bit concerning but none the less I kept going on with my Business. I Would Come in give more then what is expected every day. The Pay was horrible. And it was never good enough when it came to exceeding production demands.
Still learned I was a Hard and precise worker being thrown into extreme conditions, and worked well with others. And did my Job well and beyond what was called.
Kay & associates leading Management was no where to be found after this Company slowed down and sent people home Which I complained to them about it and that I at least need 40 hours a week! So on a daily basis almost exactly a year later when I started. Did not receive a 40 hour work week since last year. a complete polar opposite. Now Kay & associates accepted the notion from the company their reason was a work stoppage/slowdown Which Kay & Associates called me needed to tell me they had to cancel my assignment due to lack of work. No need to show back to work this following Monday. Which Mind you they were still pulling people in to hire just recently as well the Postings they have for all Positions currently on this website.
Makes a lot of Sense right???
There was nothing hard about the Job.
And there were some good employees that I had a fun with and were very Productive Together and exceeded above there standards and it did
  more... not matter who I worked with. Getting My work done and always having to help others. But it was never the other way around.That was an issue as well but always there on time ready to work.
I also saw management and supervisors let go of people for no good reason, and with good manipulating tactics then to find out they Lie or make a story to get an employee to get out the door. when the word gets around. Now did Kay and the employer hand in hand have anything to do with the way I was handled??? I don't have the answer to that But I am sure the People that do know are the ones who have to live with themselves. Not Me!
If you want a great career with no possible advancement making not even a guarantee salary of 23,000 and no Benefits. A revolving door when the place gets to busy and they don't know how to manage it or treat people with respect and dignity.Then This is the place for you, Even if an Agency wither it is Kay blesses you there optimistic vibe to connect you forward with a possible employment by a company Known now as Atvantech B&B Smartworx.
Pros
Easy Job, Able to perform my Job well
Cons
occasional Harrasment, No accountabilty, Hostile work envoirment, Horrible Pay and dishonest Management
Bom Dia - Like to travel
Technical Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Rio de JanerioOctober 20, 2016
It is fun and rewarding. Great pay, some stress. Long distance travel abroad. Room for advancement and upward mobility. Good job as long as you are willing to travel overseas.
Watch your back with these guys
Sr. Metrologist (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LANovember 18, 2015
Hostile work environment, Kay and Associates is profit driven - not quality driven. There is no management just government over site. Kay and Associates underbids a contract by cutting management positions. Kay and Associates frowns upon collective bargaining. Pay is good, but don't expect any benefits. Kay and Associates is a contract company all they provide is manpower, no services. All they do is manage contracts. The government contract is usually 3 years and individual contracts 1 year. Basically it's a temporary position. Not really a secure job.
fast paced
Powertrain Repairer and NDT Technician (Former Employee) –  Hunter Army Airfield, GAOctober 29, 2016
heavy work load, with a fast paced, customer focused company. some times the management was hard to reach to discuss problems with. took over contract from M1 and was not totally ready for the contract.
never worked here
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJanuary 3, 2017
I wouldnt know how to summerize kay and associates because i have never worked here before but i will glady take time out to look up the company ans see what they are about.
Great Starting Place for New Mechanics
Launch and Recovery Lead (Current Employee) –  Pt Mugu Nawc, CANovember 14, 2015
Great starting place for new mechanics with little or no experience. Job is very restrictive, experienced maintainers will feel limited implementing their skills and knowledge. Easy work platform, great new aircraft, contract has possibility to expand well beyond our current state. Just needs more time and money invested in this program.
Pros
Work hours 7:30-4:00
Cons
No 401K match
excellent company
Maintenance Control Shift Lead (Current Employee) –  Lemoore, CASeptember 5, 2016
Very well structured company. Take good care of employees. Hardest part of the job is rotating shifts every 3 months. Great place to work very friendly co workers.
General prop and rotor shop
General mechanic 1 (Former Employee) –  Beeville, TXOctober 5, 2015
This company had no clue what they were doing, trying to take on the jobs with way to much vigor which inadvertently and figuratively speaking shot themselves in the foot
Pros
close to home work
Cons
managment, hours worked, Hardly any compensation what so ever
Good working environment
O-Level Ordnance Technician (Current Employee) –  KuwaitNovember 15, 2013
A typical day at work consists of doing special and scheduled maintenance on the aircraft. We also load/download live and inert munitions. The best part of my job is my co-workers we get along great and have great chemistry. We are like a well oiled machine. Everyone knows what needs to get done and we do it. The hardest part of the job is being in the Middle East.
Pros
Great pay, and health benefits
Cons
Being 7k miles away from family.
great place to work
Light Production/Electrical Assembler (Former Employee) –  Lombard, ILDecember 30, 2014
Stable work Great places to work friendly atmosphere promotes growth dependable company easy to call everything positive
I would recommend them to friends Typical work day 7 am-330 pm overtime is available and not mandatory coworkers are positive and helpful company promotes a team environment
Pros
some benefits vac pay
Disaster in Disguise
O Level Ordnance (Former Employee) –  KuwaitJuly 28, 2016
So there I was out of the military going to college full time when I get the job offer. Being the only source of income for my daughters I took it. Should have known better. The process alone just to get to the worksite took forever. You have to pour a ton of money into a job basically that you dont even work at yet. I came from the rag squadron with more I level under my belt but knew the basics. Was told that they had guys from helo squadrons with no experience hired into this field so I took the bait. Signed my contract and when I get there its chaos. Doing stuff that wasnt in my contract. Hostile work enviroment. Like others have said before. You have guys that have been working here for years and are set in their ways. Your life becomes difficult if you step outside their zone of comfort. Constant harassment and alpha male arguing. God forbid if a female works here after hearing the inappropriate remarks that come from here. So after working for less than 90 days I resigned and decided the work enviroment isnt worth it. So they tell you to find your own way home and they yanked money from my accounts without notifying me..all in 1 day of me resigning. Felt like they tossed me to the trash. So all the cheap talk they tell you when your signing your paperwork was all a lie. I wouldnt recommend this job to anyone that has a family. If you like to work with unprofessional children then apply. Veterans your worth more than this place offers. Take your time and research and network. Dont jump into a job like I did because you see dollar signs. I took this as a life lesson. To  more... educate yourself in new fields of work and gain new skills. Always have a backup plan.  less
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Hostile work enviroment, gossip, unorganized
Productive and friendly work enviroment.
MECHANIC I (Former Employee) –  Little Rock AFB, ArkansasOctober 15, 2013
Greta pay and benefits. Very good hours. Paid Holidays off.
Engine maint.
Engine Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Swanton, OHApril 14, 2016
Good place to work, very laid back. Must be qualified. Co-workers are okay. Learned a lot about the jet engines and how they work.
Good company to work for, meet most of my needs.
Jet Engine Technician (Current Employee) –  Seymour-Johnson AFB, NCOctober 23, 2012
Working on a contract field team build-up and tear-down of jet engines.
Sight manager was a good fit for our team, keep us busy and on task
The Team works together good and most days were uneventful, production and quality was very high.
The hardest part working here is dealing with other organization, either there standards were not as high or they didn't have the supervision to keep them on task.
Job satisfaction in this position is great; However, I would have like to have a stronger opportunity for advancement. Would of liked to have been challenged with more responsablity.
Pros
10 hours shifts and 4 day work week was great.
Cons
had to buy company health care, when i was already covered.
good job, good pay, HORRIBLE management and staff
former employee (Former Employee) –  fort polk, laSeptember 27, 2013
the job its self is great, and the pay was OK. But the drama and rumors within this workplace make for a hostile and tense work environment. Staff are Constantly trying to hurt each other. Its a vicious cycle. And when you complain to get help, management sweeps it under the rug because usually the people causing the issues have been there for years and years, and they are friends with the higher ups, so as a new person you are completely on your own here. The stress completely out weighs the pay. Proceed with this company at your own risk. And im not talking badly about the KAY corporation as a whole, im talking badly about the fort polk job site. good luck.
Pros
Pay, easy job
Cons
DRAMA DRAMA DRAMA
Safe, Fun, and Productive work environment
Assembler - Parker Hannifin -Temporary full time (Former Employee) –  Buffalo Grove, ILFebruary 23, 2015
Day would start out with a quick talk about what is coming through ans is needed to be accomplished for the shift
Learned how to put various "medium bore" pneumatic and hydraulic Cylinders
Co workers where relaxed but very safety conscious, and worked well with management.
The hardest part of the job was getting into the groove of how things went together.
The most enjoyable part of working there was the fellow employee's
Pros
clean work environment
Cons
abrupt contract seperation
Supervisor of 35 dedicated aircraft maintenance technicians.
Site Manager (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LAApril 3, 2013
Morning attendance meeting at 0600, assigning tasks and safety briefing. I have learned a great deal by supervising personnel for 3 years in my capacity. Outstanging Management Support from the home office makes my job a lot easier. My co- workers consist of 35 decicated professionals. The hardest part of my job is helping personell with personal issues. The most enjoyable part of my job is always meeting our production goals from day one.
Pros
outstanding work environment.
Cons
local traffic conditions.
hectic workplace and stressfull atmosphere.
Structure Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Beeville, TXJune 19, 2012
Inspect aircraft component and determine if it needed to be replaced or repaired depending on guidelines placed by the faa and company regulations. I started sweeping floors and earned the right to call myself a structure mechanic now after three years of hard work. The management could have fought more for their employees but it was a tough place to be employed at. My co workers were like any other place. You meet some you connect with and some you dont. that;s life.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kay and Associates. Our community is ready to answer.