Kay and Associates Employee Reviews

Competative
Sheet Metal Fabricator (Former Employee) –  Beeville, TXNovember 14, 2017
Competitive work place, with a steady flow of work. Friendly colleagues and managers. Close to home, and made spending time with my family easier and was able to attend events my kids were involved in.
Pros
Steady work
Cons
Occasional Overnight Shift
CookTek fun and family atmosphere
Coil Station Assembler (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 24, 2017
My day included building sub-trays, spinning coils, putting adhesives on the coils and taping them down so they could dry. I also measured and cut the coils to required lengths. I enjoyed all parts of this job all the steps to building the sub-trays to the finshed product to pass on to the next phase.
Pros
Warm atmoshphere, raffles, potluck lunches, birthday celebrations and holiday parties
Cons
The company moved to Dallas Texas
Solid company.
GSE Worker (Current Employee) –  Edwards AFB, CAJuly 20, 2017
Not too many negatives I can say about this job. Good benefits and good pay. Training leaves something to be desired and there seems to be a culture of favoritism.
Pros
Good pay and benifits
Cons
Hypocrasy among the management and favoritism.
Work is great, managers another story
Aerospace Structural Welder (Current Employee) –  Buffalo Grove, ILJuly 5, 2017
Work is easy. Managers at site are at times stuck back in the 1960. They resist change to new ideas from younger workers. There response is we didn't need that when we were doing that job.
Pros
Free Shirts
Cons
Managment
Boring company to work for
Maintenance Control Supervisor (Former Employee) –  KuwaitJune 16, 2017
I felt this company was not worth working for as they are just pushing people through to get numbers where they need to be. They considered us bodi3es and did not inform us of certain issues involved with living in Kuwait.
Pros
Cons
Poor company to work for
This company failed in Beeville
Lead Instructor and Master Composite Technician (Former Employee) –  Beeville, TXApril 28, 2017
Was not happy with the company as a whole. I really don't wish to expound. I provided a service as best as possible. This is all I can and will say about my tenure.
Great company to work for!
Plane Captain (Current Employee) –  IL, usaFebruary 16, 2017
A great company to work for. Management team is very supportive and have an open door policy for suggestions and/or concerns. Strong team support from coworkers and other peers. Work culture and environment is superb.
Friendly place to work
Aircraft Mechanic 1 (Former Employee) –  Lemoore, CAJanuary 28, 2017
I learned alot in the 2 years that I worked there. I do not have any further comment about kay & associates. It was a fun, and freindly place to work. Management was friendly towards all employees.
Pros
very friendly mplace
Cons
it was good place to work
Sr. Technician/ Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Fort Drum, NYJanuary 12, 2017
i liked working there is was a great place to work. managment was good to work for and it had good comunication lines for work to be done and i enjoyed work with military.
Good company
Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Fort Drum, NYJanuary 9, 2017
this company was decent to work for. had good benefits, along with a person that came into the shop weekly to check and see if we needed anything. committed to their employees
never worked here
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJanuary 3, 2017
I wouldnt know how to summerize kay and associates because i have never worked here before but i will glady take time out to look up the company ans see what they are about.
fast paced
Powertrain Repairer and NDT Technician (Former Employee) –  Hunter Army Airfield, GAOctober 29, 2016
heavy work load, with a fast paced, customer focused company. some times the management was hard to reach to discuss problems with. took over contract from M1 and was not totally ready for the contract.
Bom Dia - Like to travel
Technical Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Rio de JanerioOctober 20, 2016
It is fun and rewarding. Great pay, some stress. Long distance travel abroad. Room for advancement and upward mobility. Good job as long as you are willing to travel overseas.
excellent company
Maintenance Control Shift Lead (Current Employee) –  Lemoore, CASeptember 5, 2016
Very well structured company. Take good care of employees. Hardest part of the job is rotating shifts every 3 months. Great place to work very friendly co workers.
Disaster in Disguise
O Level Ordnance (Former Employee) –  KuwaitJuly 28, 2016
So there I was out of the military going to college full time when I get the job offer. Being the only source of income for my daughters I took it. Should have known better. The process alone just to get to the worksite took forever. You have to pour a ton of money into a job basically that you dont even work at yet. I came from the rag squadron with more I level under my belt but knew the basics. Was told that they had guys from helo squadrons with no experience hired into this field so I took the bait. Signed my contract and when I get there its chaos. Doing stuff that wasnt in my contract. Hostile work enviroment. Like others have said before. You have guys that have been working here for years and are set in their ways. Your life becomes difficult if you step outside their zone of comfort. Constant harassment and alpha male arguing. God forbid if a female works here after hearing the inappropriate remarks that come from here. So after working for less than 90 days I resigned and decided the work enviroment isnt worth it. So they tell you to find your own way home and they yanked money from my accounts without notifying me..all in 1 day of me resigning. Felt like they tossed me to the trash. So all the cheap talk they tell you when your signing your paperwork was all a lie. I wouldnt recommend this job to anyone that has a family. If you like to work with unprofessional children then apply. Veterans your worth more than this place offers. Take your time and research and network. Dont jump into a job like I did because you see dollar signs. I took this as a life lesson. To  more... educate yourself in new fields of work and gain new skills. Always have a backup plan.  less
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Hostile work enviroment, gossip, unorganized
Disapointed In the way Both Parties handled my Employment
Line Technician (Former Employee) –  707 Dayton Road Ottawa Il 61350June 23, 2016
First was told by Kay it was 40 hours a week some OT. well it was not 6 am To 6pm mandatory with every Saturday for the first three month's, The revolving door continued as well during my work for B&B Smartworx. This was not a big out fit mind you.
It was a bit concerning but none the less I kept going on with my Business. I Would Come in give more then what is expected every day. The Pay was horrible. And it was never good enough when it came to exceeding production demands.
Still learned I was a Hard and precise worker being thrown into extreme conditions, and worked well with others. And did my Job well and beyond what was called.
Kay & associates leading Management was no where to be found after this Company slowed down and sent people home Which I complained to them about it and that I at least need 40 hours a week! So on a daily basis almost exactly a year later when I started. Did not receive a 40 hour work week since last year. a complete polar opposite. Now Kay & associates accepted the notion from the company their reason was a work stoppage/slowdown Which Kay & Associates called me needed to tell me they had to cancel my assignment due to lack of work. No need to show back to work this following Monday. Which Mind you they were still pulling people in to hire just recently as well the Postings they have for all Positions currently on this website.
Makes a lot of Sense right???
There was nothing hard about the Job.
And there were some good employees that I had a fun with and were very Productive Together and exceeded above there standards and it did
  more... not matter who I worked with. Getting My work done and always having to help others. But it was never the other way around.That was an issue as well but always there on time ready to work.
I also saw management and supervisors let go of people for no good reason, and with good manipulating tactics then to find out they Lie or make a story to get an employee to get out the door. when the word gets around. Now did Kay and the employer hand in hand have anything to do with the way I was handled??? I don't have the answer to that But I am sure the People that do know are the ones who have to live with themselves. Not Me!
If you want a great career with no possible advancement making not even a guarantee salary of 23,000 and no Benefits. A revolving door when the place gets to busy and they don't know how to manage it or treat people with respect and dignity.Then This is the place for you, Even if an Agency wither it is Kay blesses you there optimistic vibe to connect you forward with a possible employment by a company Known now as Atvantech B&B Smartworx.
Pros
Easy Job, Able to perform my Job well
Cons
occasional Harrasment, No accountabilty, Hostile work envoirment, Horrible Pay and dishonest Management
Engine maint.
Engine Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Swanton, OHApril 14, 2016
Good place to work, very laid back. Must be qualified. Co-workers are okay. Learned a lot about the jet engines and how they work.
Watch your back with these guys
Sr. Metrologist (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LANovember 18, 2015
Hostile work environment, Kay and Associates is profit driven - not quality driven. There is no management just government over site. Kay and Associates underbids a contract by cutting management positions. Kay and Associates frowns upon collective bargaining. Pay is good, but don't expect any benefits. Kay and Associates is a contract company all they provide is manpower, no services. All they do is manage contracts. The government contract is usually 3 years and individual contracts 1 year. Basically it's a temporary position. Not really a secure job.
Great Starting Place for New Mechanics
Launch and Recovery Lead (Current Employee) –  Pt Mugu Nawc, CANovember 14, 2015
Great starting place for new mechanics with little or no experience. Job is very restrictive, experienced maintainers will feel limited implementing their skills and knowledge. Easy work platform, great new aircraft, contract has possibility to expand well beyond our current state. Just needs more time and money invested in this program.
Pros
Work hours 7:30-4:00
Cons
No 401K match
General prop and rotor shop
General mechanic 1 (Former Employee) –  Beeville, TXOctober 5, 2015
This company had no clue what they were doing, trying to take on the jobs with way to much vigor which inadvertently and figuratively speaking shot themselves in the foot
Pros
close to home work
Cons
managment, hours worked, Hardly any compensation what so ever

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kay and Associates. Our community is ready to answer.