KB Home Employee Reviews

they always listen for improvements to make it better
Regional Warranty Manager (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCOctober 9, 2017
good team environment culture is changing for the better continue to improve products and value engineering at its finest always looking for improvement
Productive and Relaxed place to work
Starts Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 9, 2017
A typical day : Print reports , submit details on orientation of homes, print and submit water tap checks to start process on new construction homes.Everything about this place of employment was pleasant.
Pros
overall pleasant
Enjoyed working for KB Home a strong home builder
New Home Sales (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLSeptember 29, 2017
Would welcome working for KB Home, the staff is helpful and training is always available. A very good home builder. They have great benefits as well as management being on hand to help.
challenging Sales culture - Dynamic high velocity sales environment
New Sales Counselor (Current Employee) –  San Ramon, CASeptember 27, 2017
Challenging Sales culture
Dynamic high velocity sales environment
Great to work with management and co-workers
Excellent time management, organizational
Excellent communication skills
Effective working enviorment
Pros
great place to wrok
productive
Senior Customer Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Denver, COSeptember 21, 2017
I would come in get all the new claims set up in the system. contact field representatives make sure they received the new claims, do follow up on existing claims. take calls from homeowners and contractors. schedule repairs, approve purchase orders. management was good. work place culture good.
Pros
learning trades
Cons
filing system not effective
False promises
Land Development Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 4, 2017
Being a yes man, lying and promising more that reality can achieve and blaming you for not achieving it, is how management runs the group. Throwing your team under the bus, may make you look great, but you won't get you team to anything more.
Stressed by Management - Degrading Employer
New Home Sales (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 17, 2017
Not such a good company to work for unless management has changed significantly and the people at the top have begun to care more about their employees. Blame the victim mentality to protect their friends and keep their friends in their positions when they should be fired for being horrible people and bad at their jobs. Very political and internal workers are passive aggressive and at times unprofessional - they get nasty for no reason.
Cons
Bad people with minions
Multiple management with different agendas
Licensed Internet Inside Sales Specialist (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 2, 2017
Multiple management with different agendas. Not enough training
on new products. Learned products and closing sales skills.
Good workplace culture.
great people
Onsite Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJuly 25, 2017
This job was a lot of fun helping new owners to close on there new home. I will arrive to work by 6:30am to set-up my calendar for home walks and customer appointments 3, 6, and 11 month service. Then my other appointments already on my calendar is for homeowers with issue's it can be anything inside or outside. My homeowners had respect for me because I always told the true about how to processed with taking care of their claim.
grreat work place
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZJuly 14, 2017
they have a great team built up and they are able to adjust when needed and are flexible with any employees needs if one arises. Would absolutely work for them again
The Best Job Ever!
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJune 24, 2017
I totally loved working for KB Home. I had a great boss who was very intelligent, competent and compassionate. I had complete confidence in his ability to lead us.

The company over all was absolutely a great place to work. Very relaxed environment and the executives and managers treated everyone regardless of position with respect. I felt valued and I thoroughly enjoyed interacting with my colleagues.

They also believed in hiring within, therefore, there was growth potential.

My salary as well as the benefits were EXCELLENT!

One of the best perks besides wonderful company holiday parties every year, was free coffee, tea every day and breakfast on Friday's.
Pros
Health benefits, 401K benefits, paid vacation and sick leave and free breakfast on Friday's.
Cons
None (other than getting laid off in 2008 due to the Recession)
Very busy accounting derpartment
KB Home Account Auditor (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 19, 2017
i enjoyed my jov with KB Home, the advancement opportunities were very good and the pay was good. I enjoyed the variety and challenges of the multiple locations.
Pros
Quarterly employee optings
High Pressure Corporate environment
Land Development Superintendent (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 12, 2017
Develop land holdings from grading through Bond release. Completed 750 lots over 2.5 Year, including SWPP and OSHA compliance. Re-certified all pads on all projects and maintained LVVWD water mitigation requirements.
Good company
Assistant Superintendent (Former Employee) –  Castle Rock, COMay 22, 2017
Good company but they worry too much about meeting quotas for their share holders instead of taking care of the employees. The management does not support the employees the way they should
Very competitive place to work
Superintendent of Construction (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMay 2, 2017
Crazy place to work, but had a great time. Management never failed to step in when needed. Other superintendents wouldn't hesitate to lend a hand either. CSR/Office staff were wonderful. The pay was just not enough for the stress.
Pros
Fantastic people, great benefits
Cons
stress and low pay
Great place
Lead Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAApril 23, 2017
Very receptive to new ideas , very supportive. Loved training provided. Very fun people there. I liked that they trusted the ideas of the sales counselor. Always implement ed ideas. And marketing was fantastic
Pros
Nice homes
Cons
Long hours. 7 tooo late
management
CONSTRUCTION SUPERINTENDENT (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVApril 15, 2017
KB corporate policy for even flow on construction of homes was not followed. Created log jamb of homes under construction and forced unrealistic procedures to correct situation. Unfortunately managements push created poor quality construction that superintendents had to present to buyers, and then maintain ongoing customer care.
Great place to work!
Studio Consultant (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXApril 11, 2017
KB has a family feel in a corporate environment. Training is pretty straight forward and there is onsite training and other consultants to assist you with your questions and training until you are ready to begin appointments on your own.

Employment is a guarantee as long as you can sell and there is an upside in the housing market.
Pros
Great benefits and options for compensation
Cons
Downfall in the housing market
Great place to work for
Bilingual chinese customer service representative (Current Employee) –  Ontario, CAApril 8, 2017
Follow up and ensure customers satisfaction.
Great customer services will get good reviews and good business.
Good management, good benefit, and good diversity culture.
Customer always right.
Help people with language barrier.
Enjoy the training and opportunity
Sales Counselor (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXApril 4, 2017
I have really enjoyed the opportunity KB home has given me in New Home sales. I had no experience, they provided all the training needed to be successful.