KBI Biopharma Employee Reviews

Life at KBI
Biopharmaceutical CRO - Specialist (Current Employee) –  Durham, NCOctober 11, 2017
This company is going through serious transition. Management is out of touch with employees. It's great for a new college grad or Seasoned Vet looking for a paycheck.
Improvement Needed
A/P Clerk (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCJune 21, 2017
There are many great employees at KBI. However management and communication are ineffective and need to be improved. Advancement really depends upon which department you work in and who you work for.
Great coworkers, terrible company
Senior EM Associate/Senior Microbiologist (Former Employee) –  Boulder, COJune 10, 2017
No work/life balance. I worked several weekends with no compensation as I was saleried. No extra pay, no days off. Turn over was high and the hours were long with no benefit. Life events (such as heart conditions or sick pets) were frowned upon.
Pros
Occasional free lunches, great emplyees
Cons
No breaks, weekend work, night work
I was a temp. contractor. It was a good job
Short- Term Contractor (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCMay 31, 2017
I was temporary contractor helping them do IT work for a week so I can't speak too much about what it is like there. But from what I saw and experienced, it was a friendly and nice place to work.
Pros
Friendly
Cons
Don't have any
Disorganized
Associate (Former Employee) –  Bouder, COApril 16, 2017
An incredibly disorganized company....seems like there is no one in charge. Management only cares about profit and not following any proper procedure. Company is devoted to those in their 20s and older, experienced, workers are denigrated.
Pros
High Pay
Cons
Demeaning, discriminatory workplace
Its a job
Manufacturing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Durham, NCFebruary 20, 2017
Its a growing company with a lot of opportunity .The managers lack direction.I learned a lot in the field starting off but it started to become stagnant after a while.The workplace is inconsistent because its newer and the foundation its shaky.
Pros
Free breakfast, massages
Cons
fast paced inconsistent
Low key
Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCFebruary 9, 2017
This is a growing company and there are lots of opportunities to improve efficiency, as many processes were not scalable when implemented Management is decent. Compensation is fair.
Pros
Competitive Salary
Cons
Process efficiency
Great
In-Process Associate (Current Employee) –  Durham, NCDecember 9, 2016
KBI Biopharma is a great place to work. The workers and the environment is very friendly. The company benefits are great and enjoyable if given the opportunity to work for the company.
Good Company
Sr. Research Associate, Biopharmaceutical (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCMay 10, 2015
Good start up company when I worked there. Business plan has changes significantly since I left the company in 2007. Most of the original management is still there.
Pros
Nice Small Company
Cons
Start-op future
A secure place to work
Senior Research Associate (Current Employee) –  Durham, NCMarch 2, 2015
There is definitely job security at KBI for anyone who can do the work. The culture is very friendly, however there are the general challenges of working for any CRO

Ask a question about working or interviewing at KBI Biopharma. Our community is ready to answer.

KBI Biopharma Reviews by Location