KBP Foods Employee Reviews

Employers are great. management not so much.
KFC, Team Member (Former Employee) –  Pontiac, MIJune 23, 2017
The managers(specifically KFC) are lazy and expect you to do your job for them. From mine and other's experience if there is a football game and it's your day off, they will tell you you have no other choice but to clock in for them unless you're fired. The employees aren't really much of a trouble, you can get along with them very easily.
Hardest part of the job are always the rushes, sometimes you get help, sometimes you don't, hence the minute amount of customer complaints per day. What I learned from then to now is that you should pick your battles. If you feel as if you're being treated lower than an actual person, find another job as soon as possible.
Pros
Great co-workers
Cons
Lazy management
Unorganized
KFC Team Member (Current Employee) –  Waldorf, MDJune 19, 2017
the job itself is likable and fairly easy although scheduling and management are horribly unkept. products are constantly unproperly stocked and employees aren't very well treated.
Managers suck ... Gm doesn't care about nobody
Cook/Prep (Current Employee) –  Marietta, GAJune 8, 2017
Gm hired me acting like she cared.. Then the tables turned she became very rude. The store became very nasty coworkers was getting sick working there. Its so much drama you have mangers sleeping with co workers . Nude photos being past around.. Managers dont care about your help so unorganized. Talk to adults like children. Managers talking about what they need or do in the personal life..General Manager was nasty, trashy, rude and very disrespectful...They will talk about you behind your back like its nothing. They stand over you like hawks.
Pros
Meet cool peeps
Never work here
Co manager (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 3, 2017
One of the worst companies you can ever work for they dont care about u one bit pay sucks for all the stress and bull you have to deal with. They dont care about you one bit.
Pros
Cons
Pay work life balance benefits management
Petty and rude
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  MarylandMarch 9, 2017
I've been with this company almost 3 months. I was brought in as an assistant manager then was told by the district manager that he wanted me to be a restaurant managing partner after my training. He was fired before my training was up. The area coach told me multiple times that he was putting me as an RM in 3 different stores. WELL TRAININGS OVER! Puts me in a store with an overrated RM. My trainer and her staff is a well put together crew but the store I'm in now is a joke. The RM blames me for the mistakes her overrated but under achieved shift manager has done. I've reached out to my area coach and he just shoves my cry for help to the side to talk down to me and talk about how great the RM I'm working with is and how he will fire me because she says I'm not worth the time or money I'm paid. If that isn't unprofessional talking idk what is...The store has a staff member who's been there 6 years and makes less then a cook that's eorked there 8 months. That's beyond backwards and ungrateful of a company.
Pros
Its a job
Cons
No breaks for managers, rude supervisors, no team moral
Great Company
Co Managing Partner (Current Employee) –  Clearwater, FLFebruary 11, 2017
My review is never bad about a company, but I would say some people fit in and some people do not. When there is a team that has a culture of hostility and negativity and then another team of positivity and absolute kindness- it is really not a match. The ultimate goal is to get off the bottom of the market. In order to that staffing is required. My overall rating is the company is good, but the value of it's employees and staffing decisions are poor.
Pros
Free meals, 401k and full benefits
Cons
joe public, hostility from both cutomers and employees, dangerous work environment, very high volume in stress
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Calhoun, GAJanuary 20, 2017
Can be fun, there are nice people that i love working with. Always room for improvement. My management team is very caring and consuderate. Can be strict at times for certain things just like any job. Great job to have.
Pros
Great job
Cons
Low pay for hourly employees
They were good employer but had flaws
Managing Partner (Former Employee) –  Excelsior Springs, MODecember 28, 2016
They made sure to take care of you but the problem was that when it came to time and time management they weren't very people or family orientated I worked about 12 to 16 hours a day I was short-handed and my area coach just kind of blew me off when I told him I was exhausted and that's what finally led me to snap and quit
Pros
Great people
Cons
Only worried about bottom line
productive
Shift manager (Former Employee) –  Orland Park, ILDecember 8, 2016
open store
manage money
manage staff
work with my co-workers
manage food inventory
learned to please people even when they are wrong.
Hardest part of job was when it short staff
most enjoyable part of work was working with my co-workers.
Pros
nice staff
Cons
short staff
Fun workplace, good team members
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Rio Grande Valley, TXNovember 7, 2016
We would get 2 hour breaks in a 4 hour shift. They would sometimes tell us to go in later due to it being so slow, and sometimes we wouldn't even get a break because of a rush ..
Pros
50% off on food, promotions
Cons
2 hour breaks
well organized
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Sandwich, ILNovember 4, 2016
The bosses always come every once in a while to check up on us and to see how we are doing. Everything is very organized and they make sure everything is going how it's supposed to.
Work has caused me to neglect my children
Co manager (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCOctober 26, 2016
I love my job. I have been working for the Kfc brand for 6 yrs. Kbp just bought our stores from Luihn food systems 2/2/13. I have tried to work these 55 hours a week and I have made it through. In the end my children have suffered the most. I have pleaded with my upper management to adjust these hours so I could have time with my children. I have no choice at this point. My children need their mother.
Pros
Free meals, meet new people, satisfaction fron a happy customer
Cons
No breaks, 12 hrs shifts 4 days a week an one 8 hr shift, im hardly ever home wit h my children
great
KFC (Current Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCSeptember 17, 2016
love working for Luhins Foods. I was trained by a very professional and knowledgeable manger.I learned how to prioritize and the ability to complete a task in a timely fashion.
Company is too strict
Manager (Current Employee) –  Auburn Hills, MISeptember 12, 2016
Very strict company, very little pay. Company expects to much from workers, but refuse to give anybody a well deserved raise. Would not really recommend working here.
It is what you make it.
Co-Managing Partner (Former Employee) –  Chesterfield, VANovember 4, 2015
I wanted to do something different after being stuck in the corporate world for 10 years and this was a nice change. I started as an assistant manager and was quickly promoted to a Co-Managing Partner. The job itself is not hard at all. You do have to enjoy what you do and have a passion for people. As a co-manager, the success of your restaurant rides on your shoulders. The job did offer the right worklife balance for me as I was required to work at least 50 hours but that could easily turn in to 60-65 hours.

As a member of management, I had to pay attention to the numbers. My salary was tied to the profit of the store so the hardest part is getting your employees to understand how just wasting ketchup packets eventually starts to hit your paycheck. However, I really did not have to do to much to get them to understand as I had the respect and love of my team. Alot of managers just assumed that they could be successful just sitting in the office all day but I tell you, you can not. I did all positions in my store as needed. It wasn't beneath me to run the register or cook if I had to. The hardest part for me was working with my partner. Again I was a co manager so there was another piece to the puzzle. If you dont see eye to eye, that can be a bit challenging. His heart was in the right place but we had to different methods. I am flexible so I made it work but ultimately chose to leave the position because I never had any time to myself. I would have to go in on my days off and practically never got off at the end times that was set for me.

All in all, as a team member
  more... I can say that you wont make much. As a member of management, the potential is there but you WILL have to work for it..  less
Pros
Loved the people and the flexibility
Cons
Standards were sometimes a bit high
Healthy, happy, and fun work environment.
Cashier/Drive Thru (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEJune 1, 2015
I enjoyed my time with KFC the crew members were always delighted to see each other and everyone was always happy. Working with KFC was like a family we all were smiles and we all were good at working with each other. My co-workers were the best part of this job in my eyes, my co-workers were always joking and having fun on top of their general duties.One of the hardest parts of this job would be having to handle certain customers and making them leave happy but I myself was always pretty good at that. One of the most enjoyable things about this job would definitely be the co-workers, all of us worry about each other and take care of each other just like a familly.
Pros
Make friends at work, 50% off all food while working, short breaks when needed, happy work environment.
Cons
Sometimes get rude customers, often hectic, sometimes too much to handle.
Ever changing environment and great customers encountered daily.
Managing Partner (General Manager) (Current Employee) –  8100 AMF Drive, Mechanicsville, VAApril 7, 2015
Accountable for growing sales, budgeting and controlling profitability by following cash control/security procedures; utilize available reports to identify opportunities, maintaining inventory; managing labor; ensuring correct operational procedures are followed; and taking appropriate actions to improve results. Additional responsibilities include reviewing financial reports; providing leadership to the team to ensure customer satisfaction; identifying staffing needs to meet business needs; recruiting, interviewing and hiring team members and direct management team; developing and training all staff; conducting performance appraisals; taking necessary disciplinary actions; and improving performance and morale to minimize turnover.
Pros
Ate for free
Cons
Hard to stay clean in a restaurant when you have to fill in for a cook
Did not like the job at all
Team Member (Former Employee) –  GeorgiaJune 5, 2014
The managers were the worst, and the co-workers there where unprofessional.
Does not recommend working here.
Great Company to work for
Managing Partner- Restaurant (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 25, 2014
This was a goal as a teenager to run my own restaurant. This was a great experience for me. I learned and obtained a lot of skills with this company. I enjoyed every workday.
Decent workplace, nice location and cool coworkers
Team Member / Team Member Trainer (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEJuly 21, 2013
We have a newer store so it is easier to keep clean. a typical day at work would be a 4-11 shift closing the drive thru. breaking down cress cores and putting food in bags in well pans. the hardest part of this job is easily the customers. at my location they are so incredibly rude. the best part is the coworkers. we all get along well at my location.
Pros
free food occaisionally, flexible hours
Cons
sometimes hard to maintain solid hours, low pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at KBP Foods. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7