KCI

KCI Employer Reviews

co-workers & management
Accounting Assistant (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXJanuary 30, 2015
I looked forward to going to work and the sense of accomplishment at the end of the day. I appreciated being under strong and good leadership and being part of a hardworking team that supported each other in getting our job done. We all worked hard, but also had fun that included team building events and luncheons. Management was always supportive in balancing family and work.
Attitude and Gratitude is everything!
helping people
healthcare intake spec (Current Employee), san antonio, txJanuary 18, 2015
Pros: helping people
Cons: difficulty in moving up
A typical day involves working about 60 new orders per day from hospitals in the NE area of the U.S. obtaining patient benefits and eligibility for use of medical equipment. Process unbilled accounts for those areas to ensue payments are received in a timely billing manner. Process sales orders and ensure all RX paper work is clean for billing.
No good reviews
Intake Specialist (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCJanuary 16, 2015
I obtained employment through Randstad Staffing for KCI. I reviewed KCI reviews and they weren't good, but I accepted the job to have my own opinion about the company. The reviews were exact employees were very unprofessional management as well the had their favorites and were very clickish. My overall experience was terrible.
Inspection of Highways and Bridges
Lead Inspector, Charlotte-Mecklenburg Resurfacing (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCJanuary 16, 2015
Good job doing inspection of all phases of construction. Learned the North Carolina Specs and Standards. Management was the NCDOT over all my projects. Managers taught me tasks to become a lead inspector. I managed 3 inspectors, and taught and trained them the skills to be productive and successful inspectors. Hardest part of the job is managing multiple operations in multiple locations. The most enjoyable part is taking pride in working hard and the satisfaction of a successfully built project.
no advancement
technician (Former Employee), HanoverJanuary 14, 2015
Pros: other technicians that you work with are great
Cons: very poorly run office management is out of control
working at kci you wi ll never get promoted . pay raises seldomly happen. not a great place to work. They do not pay techs what they are worth. management Does not appreciate Their techs work and only look out for themselves. however if you would like to go fishing or to a Ravens game by all means apply for a management position but as a technician you will never be asked to go. golf do you like golf apply for management and you may play golf. project managers do not listen or help their technicians they sit behind a desk and tried to run the job from there
Very Productive Employment
Claim Specialist II (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXJanuary 7, 2015
Customer service , data entry, perform all duties assigned to me, the ability to resolve difficult accounts, and ability to train team members. Excellent company to work for , great environment and excellent training with co workers
Productive always a fun day at work
Field Technician II (Former Employee), Raleigh, NCJanuary 3, 2015
Pros: wonderful coworkers
Cons: management
While i was working with KCI i learned many new skills that i know they will help me in life. Every day at work was a new day with new experiences and problems that we had solve but i enjoy every minute i work.
Public to Privately held company
Director (Current Employee), San Antonio, TXOctober 27, 2014
Growth by acquisition. Potential IPO candidate when market it right. Great environment, overall.
Good Company
Senior PM/MEP Coordinator/Owners Representative (Current Employee), Johns Hopkins Health Systems FD&COctober 13, 2014
Pros: good people
Cons: usual
My Boss is a good Person
My job is to over see Construction Projects and Johns Hopkins Health Systems for their Facilities Design and Construction Group
Great company and benefits.
Appeals Specialist (Former Employee), Dillon, MTOctober 8, 2014
Management was great to work for. I had great on the job training for DME claims submission and follow up.
Good Pay And Benifits
Technition (Current Employee), Hanover, MDOctober 7, 2014
Pros: good pay benifits
Cons: no hours cold weather
Install Fiber Optic Cable Flag For Workers When Needed Work Over TIme If Job Needs To Be Done On Time
Fantastic work atmosphere
Service Consultant (Current Employee), Englewood, NJSeptember 23, 2014
Busy environment, productive days, medical equipment delivery, and business to business sales. Excellent communicator and listener i thrive in a fast paced environment. Ability to work and make decisions independently. My fellow co-workers are hard workers, team player, punctual, and display great character.
The hardest part of the job is dealing with the rush hour traffic in the metro area. The most enjoyable part of the job is making the customers happy.
if you want to settle
Service Consultant (Former Employee), shrewsbury massSeptember 11, 2014
Pros: free phone.
Cons: on call one weekend a month....starting fridays at 5 untill monday at 7 am
this is a company who really doesnt appriciate its employees....
they dont listen to the inside issues....all they care about is pushing the equipment in and out. the oncall is brutal you work 2pm till 10pm...then you are most likely to get paged and you could very well be back to work by 2-3 am. it is definatley not job for a family orientated person. The management staff do not care just get it done.
Nice place to work/very family oriented
Service Center Driver (Former Employee), norcross,gaSeptember 10, 2014
Pros: long lunch breaks, great pay, nice people
Cons: poor supervising
I arrive at work and clock in to start my daily duties , I completed my first wave of daily duties up until lunch time. After lunch the second wave of duties were completed until the shift was over. During my time at KCI , I learned the true meaning of production and how to be productive while working. The management team was very good, and I really learned a lot from them. However, the supervisor team still has room for growth. My Co-workers were great, we all treated each other like a family. The hardest part of the job was getting along with the supervisor, she was a very difficult person to deal with at times. The most enjoyable part of the job was my co-workers, we all helped each other and made sure that we completed the job.
An OK Employer
Ciaims Specialist II (Former Employee), CLaims specialist representative IIAugust 18, 2014
Left to continue my education. I liked working there until I got a new supervisor. I had several supervisors prior and all were great. The last one was awful. This hastened my decision to leave to finish school. Co Workers were gossipy
The company does not appreciate employees who made great contribution to it!
SME (Former Employee), Braunchburg, NJAugust 2, 2014
Pros: noting
Cons: it does not appreciate employees who work hard and make great contribution to the company
Some managers and directors in this company does not appreciate employees and treat them as slaves. I worked there for several years and made a great contribution to the the company. I worked many many over time hours, and weekends for a critical project, but got no comp time or extra pays at all. They take credit but leave the blame to others. Some manager and director in IT department know little or nothing about technology but they still try to make technical decision. They blamed technical experts like myself and other employees once issues happen. They don't take responsities but blame people who report to them. These manager and director do not understand, and know nothing about technologies. All they do is talking and taking credit!
This is the company that no matter how hard you work, and how much value and contribution you add, does not appreciate its people! The worst of all, they even fire people whose performance were top of the line every year, and who are the technical leads working extramely hard and made great contribution to the company!
They even play dirty tricks - if they wanted to get rid of you, they would purposely rate you very low during annual performance evaluation, so that they could have excuse to fire you, no matter how great you are!!!! Once they let people go, they then place people they know to establish their own network.
potentially good place to work, no real job security since they only do temp to hire.
Order Recert Specialist (Current Employee), San Antonio, TXJuly 30, 2014
Pros: really casual dress which made for good moral
Cons: poor management and coordination between departments causing further workloads
I am currently working @ KCI as a Randstad Staffing employee but have been advised as our project ends so will our assignment with KCI. As a Recert Specialist I would coordinate with providers, patients and insurances companies to ensure all documents and required authorizations have been submitted and received. It is strictly back office function so we have the ability to complete our workload without being micro managed witch I do enjoy. I have strong customer service skills and am very knowledgeable however seeing how this was a temp to potential hire position their is simply no job security. I am a fast learning, hard working employee looking for something more long term.
Ever changing positions
ASSET RECOVERY SPECIALIST (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXJuly 20, 2014
Pros: great healthcare
Cons: short lunches
Call center position with great co workers and management. I learned to adhere to a tight schedule and different techniques on keeping calm with irate customers.
cleanind hospital beds fullfilling orders
service consultant (Former Employee), san leandro .caJune 22, 2014
Pros: beinfg rewarded for good work etchics
Cons: lack of staff
pulling order request ,preparing beds for deliveries for homes and hospitals.what i have learned is how new products work in servicing patients on how new products work,management make sure all service needs are met in a timely manner.me and my co-workers were a strong team good service levels, hardest part of the job was getting equipment loaded and delivered on time in a fast paced work place, most enjoyable part of my job was helping patients
KCI
Project Management Intern (Current Employee), San Antonio, TXJune 11, 2014
Pros: free lunches, discount program
• Accountable for the coordinating management of multiple projects directed toward strategic business and other organizational objectives; relaunched and rebrand of the employee discount program
• Build credibility, establish rapport, and maintain communication with stakeholders at multiple levels, including those external to the organization.
• Define and initiate projects, and assign Project Managers to manage cost, schedule, and performance of component projects, while working to ensure the ultimate success and acceptance of the program.
• Maintain continuous alignment of program scope with strategic business objectives, and make recommendations to modify the program to enhance effectiveness toward the business result or strategic intent.

Great EPMO team
Great Food at the Cafe
Ice Cream Social

1 2 3 4 5

About KCI

Kinetic Concepts, Inc. (KCI) exudes positive energy for wound-healing purposes. The company's active healing solutions (AHS) business – Read more