KCI Employee Reviews

Good benefits and employee discounts with retail and restaurants
Claims Specialist (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXApril 13, 2017
Good company to work for. Workday is pretty fast paced with constant diversity and changes in the medical field. Good people and teamwork environment as well. Hardest part of job is also the constant changes in procedures due to the fact of changing medical field. Most enjoyable is good benefits and good people to work with.
Pros
company discounts for different vendors and companies
Cons
lack of advancement
clinical account manager
Clinical Account Manager, Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXApril 7, 2017
responsible for maintaining and driving sales of NPWT across the post acute setting. Learned a great deal about sales. the Sales process, key players and decision makers, territory and account plans. The hardest part is breaking down doors and smoke screens that prevent open conversations. I most enjoyed the freedom to plan and develop my territory to meet goals.
Pros
company car
employee review
Regional Administrative Coordinator (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TX 78249March 21, 2017
The company has under gone several changes over the years with change of management and culture. Teamwork among departments were cohesive and helpful. Communication with employees is a big drawback.
Benefits
Cons
High Stress
Great Place
Repair Tech I (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMarch 17, 2017
Great Place that does a very good job of making you feel like an important part of the team withouit taking away any of your personal identity. Whether you like to work in a team or by yourself.
steady work
CALL CENTER SPECIALIST Research & Resolution (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMarch 15, 2017
I have worked at this place for 15 years. I really like working for this company and management works with you with your schedule.
Management once a month tries to do something for the employees to let us know we are appreciated. The only thing I wish I could see improvement on is opportunities for advancement. It seems difficult to move up with the company and you are stuck at your current position. External applicants seem to get the jobs internal applicants are seeking even though external applicants do not have knowledge of our products or process.
Pros
Job Security
Cons
little room for advancement.
Don't work there
Construction Manager (Former Employee) –  Rock Hill, SCMarch 7, 2017
Worked for KCI for 3 years. They don't appreciate your work, and if you don't get your money right. Don't expect a raise. Management is horrible, employees are disgusted with management.
Pros
Can't think of any
Kci
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Oxnard, CAMarch 6, 2017
I was a temp at KCI, but in that year, I learned quite a lot as they make Wound Vac Machines and distribute them to the hospitals and sometimes for at home care for elderly patients.
n/a
Field Technician II (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 3, 2017
Pros
Nice cross functional relationships providing a good opportunity to learn. Retirement plan is nice if you can stay long enough to be vested.
Cons
small outfit so salaries were a little low. Dependent on the amount of work coming in from larger telecom companies
Productive and Friendly staff
Custodian (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 28, 2017
This job made me learn how work hard and fast. I would have to clean 25 floors so in order to make sure everyone had the necessities I had to be fast. I had no complaints because I worked hard in order to keep everyone happy.
Pros
Long Breaks, Full time, Free Drinks, Food Places across the streets
Cons
No access to certain floors.
Fun coworkers and challenging work
Environmental Scientist (Current Employee) –  Newark, DEFebruary 26, 2017
Great place to start a career right out of college and learn a lot about working in a professional environment. A typical day is usually low stress which makes the work more enjoyable.
Pros
low stress
Cons
Work is sometimes unclear
Great atmosphere
Claims Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXFebruary 24, 2017
Fast paced and an overall great working environment. Mostly this job is based on productivity and getting the patients what they need in a timely matter.
Pros
Fast paced
Cons
Limited patient contact
Good days and bad days
Concrete Laborer (Former Employee) –  Isanti, MNFebruary 13, 2017
Good company to work. Sometimes you work late with lights not knowing your going to work late. Sometimes you get done early not knowing it's going to be a short day.
Pros
Great people to with
Cons
Work thru lunch at times, no breaks at times
Professional in the Collections Depart.
Collections Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXFebruary 13, 2017
was a great place to gain knowdeledge and progress in this company. Fast pace and quick skilled. Friendly staff and nutural envoirment across the board.
Pros
Able to grow in the company
Cons
good place to work, flexible with employee hours
Patient Customer Service (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXFebruary 10, 2017
friendly employees, easy to work with management. Learned a lot of patience in handling and processing very important orders for very ill patients.
Hardest part of the job was only the intense training but once out after a week or two everything falls into place.
Enjoyed spending the day with all employees and friends.
Pros
Good pay, good hours and insurance benefits
Cons
short lunch breaks only 30min for all no exceptions
producvity and stressfull
Collector (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXFebruary 7, 2017
I worked for the collections team and it was very stressful, even thou I was a top collector for 9 months straight, it was hard to keep up with all the states to collect on. you have to be very willing to bust your butt on the work load in front of you.
Pros
one hour lunch
Cons
stressful
Terrible treatment of reps
Sales Rep (Current Employee) –  Somewhere, USAJanuary 23, 2017
Good place to start career, but not a career position. Get your foot in the door in medical and get out of here. Very few opportunities for advancement.
Enjoyed interaction with medical people
Technical Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 16, 2017
Must of the function was educating nurses and physicians to understand new technology for wound healing. Enjoyed the piorneering aspect to locate wound care physicians which wanted to us this technology.
Pros
Educational sale
Cons
Management pressure
Not very friendly.
Crew Chief - responsible charge of field crew (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJanuary 12, 2017
I worked in the tampa office for seven years. I was laid off with no notice. No chance for promotion because I was in the field most if the time. People where friendly benefits are very nice. Be careful what you say, middle management will throw you under the bus.
Benefits
Cons
Job security
Ok for temp position
Claims Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 9, 2017
Hired for a temp position. work was ok but had bad history with this company due to discrimination when applied for a full time position. Most employees hired for temp so they do not have to pay benefits.
Pros
work
Cons
no future
Great place to work at the time
Account Executive, Clinical Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Lenexa, KSDecember 28, 2016
Company instability-sold several times since origination of company, which always lead the private equity firms buying KCI to terminate senior leadership and lay employees off from the top down.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at KCI. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval