Kean University

Kean University United States Employee Reviews

Office Work
Office of Public Administration (Current Employee), Union, NJApril 7, 2015
I love working at Kean University because it is very convenient for me. I live on campus during the fall and spring semester so it is easy to get to. In addition, my boss is very easy to talk to when you do have an issue with something. My boss works around my school schedule
great coworkers
Non Automotive Mechanic (Current Employee), union njMarch 23, 2015
Pros: assignments
Cons: politicians
every day here is a gamble you dont know what is going to happen i went from mechanic to secratary doing the bosses job. had i have the opportunitity to excell i would have but i have become a threat due to the lack of work being done i revealed work thats has not been done which revealed who hasnt done any work. goes to show its who you know not what you do here at kean university.great coworkers learned alot from. the hardest part is doing my bosses job he cant remember anything. the most enjoyable part is when i get a mechanical assignment
Academic Environment
Full Time (Current Employee), Union, NJFebruary 8, 2015
Had several opportunities to learn new skills. Received mentoring from professional staff, administrators, and professors.
Boring
Student Liaison (Former Employee), Union, NJFebruary 6, 2015
Boring and boring and boring and boring and useless and boring I didn't like the job because I was always watching people and sitting and doing nothing. It was a waist of time.
. The work environment is friendly, motivating and supportive
Teacher (Current Employee), Elizabeth, NJFebruary 5, 2015
Pros: the work environment is friendly, motivating and supportive.
Cons: this is a part time job
I have been working for Kean University from the last three years, and my experience has been phenomenon. The work environment is friendly, motivating and supportive. I can always count on my program director Janis Jensen and my colleagues. Whenever, I have a question. The team will always be there to motivate. Our program director is a perfectionist. She works very hard for the program. We start building our curriculum months before the actual classes. The teaching methods are totally different. The whole program is about project based teaching. We chose our thematic topic from United Nation‘s millennium goals and build our lesson plans according to political social cultural issues prevailing in our society. We call ourselves the facilitators not the teachers. Class room environment is interactive. Student interacts with native students every day talking about the issues while learning language from them at the same time.The job is part time. It’s a summer language course actually which sometimes stretches till fall. There’s a comfortable and understanding relationship with our program director. The management always tries to help the employees. We are trying to introduce the full semester course but we have not been successful in doing so.
great work environment
Medical Office Manager (Former Employee), Union, NJJanuary 30, 2015
excellent staff and directors, the environment is healthy and they push you to become better at your job and as an individual.
Amazing schooling experience
Lead International Sports Writer (Former Employee), Union, NJJanuary 21, 2015
Kean University taught me most of the things I know at the professional level I am at so far in my life. One of my best decisions was to attend this school and graduate with a BA in Writing.
Fun
commentator (Former Employee), Union, NJJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: fun
it was Campus job, so it was really easy. you are able to work with your friends
Great learning experience
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee), Union, NJJanuary 10, 2015
My two years as a graduate assistant was the learning experience I needed in order to further myself in my career. It has allowed me to gain ample knowledge of the science field in general and have hands on experience with equipment that students aren't able to use. I feel the background knowledge I have acquired during my time at the university, will help me excel quickly when placed in a more professional environment. Another attribute the job has given me was patience. I learned to work through my problems during experiments and determine the changes I needed to make when conducting it the next time. Communication skills with my professor gave me the confidence to become sure of protocols and trust myself. Having this fundamental expertise is the basis of a bright future ahead of me.
Very good staff and work place
Academic Specialist (Current Employee), Union, NJJanuary 1, 2015
As a student I would like to say that all staff members of Kean University are well behaved and very helpful to students for academic problems. They put their efforts to make sure students learn maximum from given class and lab.

As a employee I can say that all staff members are respected well and paid well.
Productive Workplace
Peer Counselor/Peer Mentor/Head Peer Mentor (Former Employee), Union, NJDecember 13, 2014
Pros: free food, special connections, experience, proximity
Cons: management
The Exceptional Educational Opportunities(EEO) Program at Kean University is a program located in the university's Educational Opportunities Center(EOC) A typical day in the office starts off by clocking in, and getting your time card assigned by your respective adviser that you are assigned in the beginning of the Summer. During Summer Session I, you are assigned a counselor/adviser, whom you will be working directly with during your tenure. Each Summer Session II a new caseload of Freshman get admitted to the program, and you are to be a direct liaison to them on behalf of the program, and the university.
I learned so much from being a Peer Mentor. It allowed me to connect with the Freshman on a personal level, and allowed me to be tool of success for them, on their way to achieving a degree. My co-workers were a diverse group of people, who I had to work with in order to coordinate programming for the Freshman. The hardest part of the job, was definitely managing times to see all of the Freshman assigned to me, and the most enjoyable part was definitely seeing the appreciation, and academic success from my Freshman cohort.
NIce environment
Clerical Associate (Former Employee), Union, NJDecember 9, 2014
I enjoyed working in the admissions office at Kean University. The staff was very friendly and were always willing to help when needed.
Student worker
Student Worker (Former Employee), Union, NJNovember 12, 2014
Assisted students with school related activities. General office duties performed.
Productive and fun workplace. Flexibility.
Academic Specialist (Current Employee), Union, NJOctober 20, 2014
Busy but fun.
Great people to work with - management, co-workers and students.
A lot of learning opportunities.
Lab Assistant
English Department Lab Assistant (Former Employee), Union, NJSeptember 22, 2014
Everyday I had to check the computer labs and every once in a while I had to check if at about 30 computers in each classroom were working efficiently. Besides that when a professor or student was having trouble using a computer, I would be there to assist them.
relaxing work environment
Occupational Therapy Internship (Former Employee), Union, NJSeptember 7, 2014
Pros: long lunch break
Cons: not a lot to do
a great place to work with a relaxing atmosphere. Not much to do but when there's work to do it's very satisfying to know you're helping someone to change their life.
relaxing work environment
Occupational Therapy Internship (Former Employee), Union, NJSeptember 7, 2014
Pros: long lunch break
Cons: not a lot to do
Fun at first until you switch departments
Executive Treasurer; Academic Specialist (Former Employee), Union, New JerseyAugust 13, 2014
Pros: somewhat flexible work schedule. food and drinks at meetings and events.
Cons: treasurer job ended in one year. no benefits for treasurer job. no benefits for academic specialists, temporary employment with no gaurantee of continued work
I worked in one fun, friendly, and easy part-time job as Executive Treasurer in student government. I learned more about management and how to apply it on the job. Management was friendly, helpful, and professional. My coworkers were also the same. It was hard to solve problems with the time given in the job. I really enjoyed the fun on and off the job that the department provided. After that job ended, I applied for another job in any department and was called in to be a part-time Academic Specialist. I assisted graduate academic coordinators in setting up student field placement contracts. It was very high pressured job. The amount of work greatly exceeded the number of work hours provided. Management dragged their feet with modifying the job by making it full time in order to help balance out the workload. The job was still part-time when I left. I mostly enjoyed the somewhat flexible work hours and the ability to serve the public which were the students. My coworkers were friendly and I enjoyed working with them.
Educational Advancement Opportunities
Math/Spanish Tutor (Former Employee), Union, NJJune 18, 2014
Jobs at Kean University encourage growth as individual with professional goals.
Fun and great environment for academic research
Student Researcher (Former Employee), Union, NJJune 1, 2014
Kean offered the opportunities necessary for successful training and nurturing of student researchers entering the biotech field. The faculty and at the NJCSTM are some of the most caring and brilliant professors in the university. They make the success of students their priority by providing the most student oriented mentoring, training and teaching. With their experience, they provide many research opportunities for students to equip them to grow into their career fields whether as teachers or researchers.

1 2 3 4 5