Kean University

Kean University Employer Reviews

Educational Advancement Opportunities
Math/Spanish Tutor (Former Employee), Union, NJJune 18, 2014
Jobs at Kean University encourage growth as individual with professional goals.
Fun and great environment for academic research
Student Researcher (Former Employee), Union, NJJune 1, 2014
Kean offered the opportunities necessary for successful training and nurturing of student researchers entering the biotech field. The faculty and at the NJCSTM are some of the most caring and brilliant professors in the university. They make the success of students their priority by providing the most student oriented mentoring, training and teaching. – more... With their experience, they provide many research opportunities for students to equip them to grow into their career fields whether as teachers or researchers. – less
wonderfu;
Principal Investigator (Former Employee), Union, NJMay 19, 2014
I loved it had great fun. I tried new things. Had lots of fun.. I had lots of fun!! I really liked my managers amd coworkers.
Oroductive, busy and fun work place
clerk typist (Current Employee), union njMay 13, 2014
A day at Kean is dealing w/ students, staff and faculty. Taking complaints via email and phone. Ofiice work at a fast pace and getting everything done.
Research Assistant (Current Employee), Union, NJApril 29, 2014
Working with Dr. K has been a pleasure. Theres always been something new to learn. Even though this job is credit based and not within the scientific field it had opened my mind a lot. Working on research on teen drivers have taught me a lot and also challenged me in many ways.
Where I attained both my bachelor's and Master's degree
Graduate Clinician (Former Employee), Union, NJApril 27, 2014
This school has prepared me to practice as a speech language pathologist. The faculty, coursework, and available resources has made it possible for me to reach my full potential.
Graduate Student Run Lab
Running Student Enzyme Lab (Current Employee), Union, NJMarch 17, 2014
I optimized a hemoglobin digestion assay, and screened drug and natural product catalogs to check for pepsin inhibition. I manage 4 students in this lab.
Room for growth
Usher, Technician and Managerial Work (Former Employee), Union, NJMarch 5, 2014
Pros: met new people
Cons: standing a lot
I only left this job because I graduated from Kean. I learned a lot about managerial work and back stage work.
Productive place to work. I am able to get a lot of things done
Educational Opportunity Fund Secretary (Current Employee), Union, NJFebruary 19, 2014
Being a secretary in the EOF office at Kean University has taught me a lot more about customer service. It provides plenty of opportunities to exercise patience and character.
Productive fun, grea internship
Graphic design Intern (Former Employee), UnionFebruary 5, 2014
Responsibilities included design concepts; presentations of ideas and samples to clients; working with a printer; client contact. Projects include: posters; brochures; CD label; identity system; exhibit catalog; and direct mail. CLIENTS include The Theatre
Department at Kean University; Social Work Department; Fine Arts Department; and CAS Gallery at – more... Kean University. – less
A Day In The Life Of My Work Place
Director Of Sports (Current Employee), Union, NJJanuary 27, 2014
Pros: easy job
Cons: not enough hours
My Typical Day Of Work Includes Waking Up Early To Travel There Before Classes Start. Its Usually Pretty Empty In The Mornings Becuase No One Tends To Work Out At 8AM. My Boss Is Usually Already Complaining About Something When I Am Walking Through The Door, Or Rushing To Leave Because She Never Stays A Full Work Day, Or Has Her Grandson With Her. My – more... Co Workers I Absolutely Adore. They Are Really Nice And Usually Tend To Have Good Conversation. Although The Job Is Really Easy The Pay Is Horrible And I Always Have To Beg For More Hours. I Am Hoping To Be Able Find A Good Paying Job Doing Something I Love And Making More Money, Because College Is Not Cheap! – less
Challenging workload but rewarding relationships
Clerk Typist/ Event Planner (Former Employee), Union, NJJanuary 9, 2014
Pros: networking and free pizza!
Cons: no breaks, students crying.
Tight knit working environment. Very busy workplace with an extravagent event always being planned. Very close relationship with students of all ages. The culture in this office is geared towards Students (rightfully so) and it creates a special dynamic among the Administration.
easytech
Student Technician (Former Employee), Union, NJDecember 6, 2013
worked on projects made sales customer
Helped give technical expertise and guidance to customers

Gained experience with issues in troubleshooting

Worked with a number of technical devices such as laptops, desktops, printers, copiers, and shredders.
Enjoyed my job!
Office Manager (Former Employee), Union, NJNovember 30, 2013
Pros: flexibility, developing new processes, interaction with all cultures and classes of management
Kean University has rewarded me and given me a solid foundation as a Project Coordinator/Office Manager. Because I love working as a leader, I was able to lay several foundations and build upon several processes for making life at work fundamental and easy. From faculty to student workers--working in 2 academics departments, many were happy to come – more... and work with 2 of the chairperson's. – less
Multicultural campus,emphasis on delivering 110% customer service
Managing Assistant Director/Compliance Officer (Current Employee), Union, NJNovember 4, 2013
Pros: beautiful campus, good commute
A typical day includes interacting with students, parents and student services personnel which is the most enjoyable part of the job.
This was a typical new Internet enviroment
Computer Laboratory Assistant (Former Employee), Union, NJOctober 9, 2013
Install software.
Check for viruses
Help the students in general was the best part
Competitive and fast pace work environment.
Confidential Secretary (Current Employee), Union, NJSeptember 5, 2013
Each day is filled in either time sensitive or on going projects that need to be handled. There is the same amount of work that is routine that is associated with running a school.
great
your co-workers
the harde
exciting
boring
A job to get pass to do school work between breaks.
Desk Assistant (Former Employee), Union, NJAugust 27, 2013
Pros: being independent
Cons: co-workers, schedule
The environment was well-welcomed but it was not professional with the co-workers. The job itself was easy and good for college students for a quick homework or studying, and still get paid.
Family oriented loving place
Student Worker (Former Employee), Union, NJAugust 23, 2013
Pros: working on campus
Screen and transfer calls, respond to caller inquiries and relay messages. Perform a variety of clerical duties including spreadsheets and filing.

1 2 3 4