Kean University Employee Reviews

Educational Opportunities Center has the best staff
Educational Opportunities Center (EOC) Mentor (Former Employee) –  Union, NJAugust 2, 2017
The EOC staff has more of a family morale than anything. What I loved most about working here was the morale between everyone from the front desk through to the Faculty advisors. Everyone looks out for each other and is genuinely interested in the best for every employee as well as student.
Pros
Great ambiance
Cons
A lot of work to take home
Easy Fun Job
ACADEMIC SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Union, NJJuly 31, 2017
The job is great if you don't have an issue interacting with students. However once you get use to the people and the students at the college, it becomes very easy to work there.
Pros
Free Lunches for certain meetings
Cons
The Dean
Amazing University.
Director of University Relations (Former Employee) –  Union, NJJuly 14, 2017
I loved every moment of my work at Kean. I worked there for over 14 years in various positions and it was the most fulfilling work I have ever done in my life.
Kean univeristy was a place that gave me great opportunities education and job.
Assistant in Tutoring Center (Former Employee) –  Union, NJJuly 11, 2017
a typical day working at the tutoring center of Kean University.

tutors students an average of 3 appoints. setting up appointments.
at the end of every semester working of reports base of our performance and the students (customer)
Adjunct Instructor (Current Employee) –  Union, NJJuly 5, 2017
Great place to work my Department is very supportive and does not Micro Manage me.

I show up and conduct my classes without any issues
Students are motivated
Pros
Great place to work with good pay
Daily
Industrial design internship (Former Employee) –  Union, NJJuly 3, 2017
At the Writing Center I made sure to give enough attention to those coming in for their papers and grammar issues. Each session is 50 minutes long and they were all different depending on the difficulty of the paper. It was a good experience because I had to deal with different individuals.
Fun, learned a lot
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Union, NJJune 9, 2017
Worked there over the summer as a research assistant, we were allowed to work at our own pace provided we were getting things done every week towards our goal.
Assistant to Vice President
Graduate Assistant Diversity Center (Former Employee) –  Union, NJJune 7, 2017
Working a Kean provided me with an opportunity to complete my Master's in Business Administration while learning to work in an active professional environment. There were a myriad of personnel and schedule issues that surfaced each day that required immediate attention. I enjoyed the fast paced environment of the office knowing that the decisions that I made would have a positive impact on those I was servicing. The work I was doing learning offices skills complemented the technical business skills I was learning in class. The most enjoyable part of my job was interfacing with people and being able to resolve their issues. This was particularly gratifying in working at the Kean Diversity Center dealing with individual sand the families of those who had suffered through the Holocaust.
Pros
Learning office operations, being able to solve people issues
Cons
Was limited in hours I could work do to school regulations
A work environment for College Students.
Event Staff (Former Employee) –  Union, NJJune 6, 2017
It was very fun and convenient. I was a college athlete so working for event staff was awesome. They were flexible with my schedule and it worked out great.
Pros
good hours
Cons
couldn't do it full time
Good place to work at.
Front Desk Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Union, NJJune 5, 2017
Very nice and enjoyable place to work in. Fast paced environment with incoming walk-ins and phone calls. Used up to date softwares such as Ellucian, Putty, Track-It..
Productive and refreshing as students strive towards accomplishing the feat of receiving their degree in the field of study chosen.
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  Union, NJMay 23, 2017
The typical day at work is awesome because there is a diverse population include huge gaps in age which allowed me to learn from the young and old as well as individual from different nationalities and cultures. This is definitely the most enjoyable part of the job.
Pros
learning from people with different cultural backgrounds.
Cons
breaking away from intellectual conversation that take place in classrooms, etc. to go to work.
As a college student it was great....
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Union, NJMay 22, 2017
As a college student this was a great job. They were flexible with hours and worked around your class schedule. If you need a day off you just called but obviously you didn't get paid for that time off. Its great for college students just wanting to make a little bit of spending money.
seemed like a nice place
Assistant Coach- Women's Basketball (Former Employee) –  Union, NJMay 22, 2017
nice school; good athletics programs
great facilities for a div 3 school.
big state school and easy to recruit student athletes there.
nice offices for athletics staff
Very rewarding work
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee) –  Union, NJMay 18, 2017
I've worked for Kean a for about a year now and both classes I've taught have been great. The kids are very interested and the admins are very supportive. It's a great place to work if you're just starting out, as well. They walk you through everything but trust you enough to let you do your thing in the classroom.
Opportunities for growth
Lecturer Professor (Former Employee) –  Wenzhou, CNMay 11, 2017
A typical day at work consisted of me teaching and advising students. I developed an online course for the university for a course I have taught for almost 18 years.
good place to work, fun job
Office of Residential Student Services (Current Employee) –  Union, NJApril 20, 2017
I think Kean University is a great place to work, very diversified and a great opportunity to move forward. Hours are very flexible and work will take into consideration your class schedule
Administration is Not Supportive of Staff or Students
Professional Services Specialist (Former Employee) –  Union, NJApril 19, 2017
The current administration at Kean University does not support the staff or students. Not a happy working environment.

Employees do not feel that admin supports the staff or faculty and the effects of this trickle down to the students.

Constant battles between union and admin.
Community and Camaraderie
Educational Consultant (Current Employee) –  Union, NJApril 17, 2017
Kean has a relaxed work environment and is a solid place that enabled me to grow as a young teacher fresh out of college. I felt secure and safe, knowing that I always had a job in the semester to come.
Productive and fun place to work
Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  Union, NJApril 13, 2017
Working at various offices at Kean University was a great experience. I was able to learn from my supervisors and grow as a professional. I held two managerial positions and it helped me prepare for other managerial opportunities in the future and I really enjoyed working with my teams. A typical day started around 9 or 10 am and concluded around 6 pm. I completed a lot of daily office tasks, for example answering phones. But I also was in charge of staff schedules and facilitating meetings, workshops, and staff trainings. I also learned how to conduct staff evaluations and lead my team in a positive and professional manner.
Great
Academic Specialist (Former Employee) –  Union, NJMarch 26, 2017
I loved every minute of working for kean university. The staff is amazing and the people here are so diversive. Lots to learn from. People are very nice.