Kearney & Company

Kearney & Company Employee Reviews in United States

Okay company to work for. Has its obvious flaws
Staff II Accountant (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, VADecember 10, 2015
Kearney overall is an okay company to work for. The company gives you a great opportunity to learn. Great opportunities to travel as well as fun activities outside of work. In terms of the work, there were many occasions where my group and I were completing the same assignments sometimes 7 different times which was very annoying. The company believes in maximizing your production, so whenever you complete assignments early, supervisors will make sure you are working something even though the assignment given has no direction. In these assignments, changes were always made which was repetitive and annoying. Also, a lot of favoritism and biases often occurred which was very annoying. Work life balance wasnt good. Often stayed late to work because the Manager wanted to look good whenever leadership arrived. Experienced some racism also.
Pros
Great benefits with nice opportunities to learn, events after work
Cons
Work life balance, politics, pay
Excellent growth environment
Staff II Accountant (Current Employee) –  AtlantaSeptember 16, 2015
Management provided all resources necessary for developing entry level accountants into accounting consultants of all experience levels
Great Working Environment
Current Employee (Current Employee) –  Alexandria, VaAugust 7, 2015
Kearney offers a great working environment for its employees. The work-life balance culture they offer is definitely given priority. It's also nice being able to come in to work and be around some of the most friendly people I know!
Pros
Comfortable working environment
The Best Place I Ever Worked
Staff I (Current Employee) –  Alexandria, VAJuly 29, 2015
I love this company. They believe in work-life balance, education, and company culture. They truly lookout for their employees. The work environment is wonderful; it's diverse and friendly. They are well organized and they make sure you are in the loop of everything. The headquarters is beautiful. They always throw events especially family friendly events. There is always someone there to assist you with any inquiries you may have.
Pros
Great benefits, abundant amount of training, free lunches and more
Cons
No cons
Large company with small company values
Senior Manager (Current Employee) –  Montgomery, ALMay 31, 2015
I've worked for Kearney & Company for just over a year, and they have treated me extremely well. Absolutely no complaints whatsoever
Pros
Excellent treatment
Cons
Subject to JFTR Government travel regulations
Outstanding company
Senior Manager/Staff II Accountant (Current Employee) –  Dayton Ohio and Fairview Heights IlOctober 1, 2014
I worked with a group of professionals on a project for the U.S. Air Force. My typical day involved working directly with the client to identify system requirements and document those requirements for future integration into the newly developed accounting system.

Management and co-workers were hard working and dedicated. They took time to teach as well as listen to my input. The hardest part of the job was keeping up with the changing needs of our client. The most enjoyable was being part of the development a new AF accounting system that would make new technology available to AF Financial personnel.
Pros
compensation and benefits were good
Cons
job stability because of working on a government contract
A great Company to work for.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, VAAugust 3, 2014
My time at Kearney & Company was short due to not enough hours I was given at the company because of budget reasons. Besides that, it is a great and positive place where you go to work and be happy. Great management and good working people who mind their own business.
Pros
breaks, free food, good-natured people.
Cons
not enough working hours.
Great job
Accounting (Current Employee) –  Alexandria, VAJuly 28, 2014
I work with very fun, energetic, young people who love doing what we do; that makes it enjoyable. A typical day at work would be reviewing documentation that auditors will attempt to use when doing their audit.
Pros
management, salary, people, culture
Cons
none so far
Top accounting firm
Supervisory Senior Auditor (Current Employee) –  Alexandria, VAJuly 29, 2013
One of the top accounting firms to work for. They provide auditing/consulting/financial services to the federal government exclusively. Always listed in top percentages of "Best places to work" surveys. One of the only accounting firms to pay overtime to employees. A typical day depends on the project you are assigned to. Great benefits, including sporting event/concert ticket raffles.
Great small feel place to work
Manager (Current Employee) –  Alexandria, VAJuly 5, 2012
Kearney is a great company with a great culture. They are also great in the industry they are in with a strongly respected reputation. The employees certainly work hard and play hard. The small business feel is great, however, nepotism can be pretty rampant, especially since it is family owned. Great opportunities for advancement and fun people to work with.
Internal Cost Accountant (Current Employee) –  Alexandria, VAMarch 4, 2012
Great place to work with excellent benefits. They work hard, but definitely emphasize enjoying life as well. Management treats their employees well.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kearney & Company. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4