Keck Medical Center of USC Employee Reviews

Positive Experience
Accounts Payable Specialist (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CADecember 22, 2017
Although i was only a temp here i had and amazing experience. It felt very welcoming and I felt comfortable. The Directors are so involved and provide with very good feedback with honesty
Pros
time and distance from my house
Cons
I didnt get to stay
Horrible to work for
Shift Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CANovember 14, 2017
Keck Medical OF USC is not a diversity place to work. I am very dissatisfied with this company. To be very well know thru out that Country this is the most embarrassing place to work.
Productive and balanced work culture
Information Services Student Intern (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 24, 2017
Keck medical is an established brand of USC. The work is pretty balanced with mentors being very helpful and involved with the work the entry level programmers are assigned.
Management issues
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CASeptember 6, 2017
Keck is overall a good place to work, however the current manager at this location is terrible. Favoritism is an issue and she is unapproachable about any problem you may have.
Pros
Keck overall great
Cons
Poor management skills at this location
great work environment
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 28, 2017
a great working experience and I learned a lot about working in the field. At times I wasn't doing anything which made time seem to take forever. The lunches were great though.
Pros
free meals sometimes
Cons
no breaks, often found myself not doing anything
great experience
Staff RN (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 16, 2017
worked in the operating room, very busy. The surgeons rule there. not always enough staff. Staff worked great with each other. very long cases and able to work as much OT as you wanted. If you were on call you, expect to work. Learned how to do every service there.
Pros
great experience
Cons
very busy
Medical Team
Acute Care Nurse Practitioner (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 13, 2017
The work culture is excellent. The attending is always available to support the learning and advancement of skills. Multidisciplinary rounding of the team is geared toward patients' excellent outcome.
Love my Org
Clinical Quality Abstractor (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJune 12, 2017
Best part: The pride we take in the care we give. Our staff.

Hardest part: Relating to new staff that doesn't care to understand the history of things.
Productive and challenging
Value Analysis Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJune 6, 2017
USC is expanding fast, it's a challenge but doable on keeping up with the pace. Administration acknowledges and praises for a job well done. Enjoyed the openings of new clinics and being part of it.
Pros
Growing rapidly
Cons
getting the proper staff in place for the new processes in place
Too much work not enough pay
Lab Assistant/Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMay 21, 2017
Cultural is bad and bad moral, overloaded with work, and management team doesn't recognize good workers, paid is lower than other hospitals around the area.
Pros
Close to freeways
Cons
Bad neighborhood
My Clinical
Registered Nurse Student (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMay 12, 2017
This is where i did my Clinical. The staff was great and the hospital itself was a pleasant and valuable learning experience for me. I would love to work here full time .
Don't confuse this locale with Keck USC in Los Angeles
Staff RN (Former Employee) –  PeriopMarch 28, 2017
This is NOT a position at Keck USC LA! It is a small, poorly run community hospital . Keck s acquiring them has done NOTHING to improve the toxic unproductive work environment! All good nurses and ancillary employees jumped ship early. Leaving a mostly toxic poor work ethic environment to swell. Unionization has only aided in prevention of removing toxic employees! HR dept incompetent.
Pros
Small facility
Cons
Toxic work environment, unethical workers, ineffective administration
Productive and busy
Scheduler (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMarch 20, 2017
Great Company to work for! All the employees are caring and loving to their patients. All the offices are on top of the flow of the clinics. Any question that the patient need is met.
Pros
Caring Staff
Cons
Under staffed
Poor nursing administration
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Keck Medical Center of USCJanuary 3, 2017
Nursing administration is deplorable. They do not adequately staff their units. It is not a good place to work. The hospital is nice but considering it is an academic facility it often has broken equipment. Sad.
Horrible place to work management is horrible
Insurance Verifier (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CADecember 13, 2016
Worked here for almost two years 1 full year as a temp they never hire permanent until forever. Management has no idea what their doing it's like a circus everyday. It's all about favoritism & kissing the bosses butt. This is the exact dept I worked in pre arrival/surgery dept. the manager didn't even know how to do our job but would complain everyday & want to get you in trouble. No one lasts in this dept they all come in go. Lost a lot of good employees for their horrible management skills. No time to take breaks or lunches because so much to do would tell them they did nothing about it. Good luck trying to work here in this dept pre arrival.
Great benefits.
Pathologists' Assistant / Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CANovember 17, 2016
Typical day use to be enjoyable then it got very political and stressful

What I learned working here is that your qualifications and experience don't matter , only who you know.

Mgt people skills were far below acceptable

Most co-workers were fantastic to work with but it wasn't enough to keep me there.

Hardest part of the job was dealing with the difficult personalities that administration never seemed to do anything about.

My immediate co workers were the best thing.
benefits
Cons
hard to get breaks, unsupportive Mgt with no integrity
If you want to achieve greatness stop asking for permission.
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJune 3, 2016
• Performed EKGs
• Performed blood draws
• Assisted with cystoscopies, vasectomies and circumcisions
• Took vital signs to assist all doctors
Not Worth The Headache
laboratory staff... (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAApril 27, 2016
This hospital does not practice what they preach. Ethical behavior is lacking in management, but favoritism is acceptable and obvious throughout the department. Most hospitals encourage employees to report patient care and procedural problems, and then reward you for it. This department will not fix reported issues, and will retaliate against you if you report them. If you decide to apply here, keep your head down and be the voiceless worker bee they want.
Pros
They spend a lot of money on flowers and trees, so it looks nice
Cons
Favoritism. Does not offer competitive pay. Hires inexperienced staff.
Great place to master your skills
Certified Surgical Technologist (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAApril 14, 2016
A typical day means 7 ENT case back-to-back. Hospital is a teaching institution that is always looking for the next big thing in medicine. Ample opportunity to work with top-noch surgeon and advance equipment.
Pros
Top-notch surgeon and advance equipment
Cons
Case load
Rn
CCU/PACU Nurse (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAApril 7, 2016
Very nice place to work. Excellent pay and benefits. I enjoyed working for such a great Hospital.
There's opportunities to grow and educational support.
Pros
money and benefits
Cons
different hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Keck Medical Center of USC. Our community is ready to answer.

Keck Medical Center of USC Reviews by Location