Keenan & Associates Employee Reviews

Great Place to work
Senior Eligibility Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Torrance, CAMay 26, 2017
Fast paced. Supportive management. Company provides and supports advancement. The environment is positive. I would recommend to those looking for a challenge as you are always busy.
no diversity, management sucks
agent (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAApril 24, 2017
Management is full of old white folks who don't know how to use a computer. Minorities fill the roll of underpaid slave labor and when you speak up, you're out the door. Not a place to build a career, especially if you're not white. You will likely be offered a "temp" job for a whole year then they toss you out like a dog.
Pros
Cons
racism lives here
A lot to learn - be ready to hit the ground running
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Torrance, CAApril 10, 2017
A typical day at work could consist of a huge workload, to finding things to do. I learned a lot about the industry and marketing side of the insurance brokerage. Management is extremely busy and not always readily available. The hardest part of the job was making decisions that we need answers to from upper management and not having them be available for answers - so you have to be able to make sound decisions. The most enjoyable part of the job was completing a complex assignment it resulting in a successful endeavor.
Pros
Casual Fridays
Cons
Workplace Politics
Employee Benefits Specializing in School Clientele
Voluntary Benefits (Former Employee) –  Torrance, CAMarch 6, 2017
Provided wonderful opportunities for advancement and learning and allowed me to cut my teeth in the employee benefits arena. They had a niche clientele of public schools.
I would rather not review
Account Manager/Schools K-12 (Former Employee) –  Westlake, CAFebruary 15, 2017
When writing your review, please consider the following guidelines:

Focus on the company and your individual experience while employed there
Provide details about why you liked or disliked working at the company
Ensure any facts you include in your review are true and accurate
All submitted reviews are subject to the terms set forth in our Terms of Service
Data entry
Data Entry / General Office Clerk (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAFebruary 8, 2017
3rd party Insurance, responsible for handling workers compensation claims, new enrolments, filing, photo copying, phone inquiries and other duties
Good
Cons
Heathcare
Great staff and learning opportunity
Health Management Program Director Assistant (Current Employee) –  Torrance, CAOctober 19, 2016
Loved the work but it was a temporary position. I experienced many different job opportunities and worked at trade shows, with the public and in the office.
Pros
Diverse challenges and job responsibilities
Cons
Temporary position
Fun place to work, met a ton of great people
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Clemente, CA 92673June 21, 2016
No two days alike. Able to become even more proficient in Microsoft Office & learned new software such as SalesForce where I learned to track client information & run various reports.

I enjoyed working with service-oriented people & will miss the many clients I've come to know personally.
Pros
Excellent benefits
Cons
Too much office politics
Clickish, cut-throat environment
Safety & Environmental Consultant (Former Employee) –  Torrance, CA 90510May 5, 2016
Management staff is a revolving door with each one looking to make his/her mark at the expense of someone else. Employees are very clickish and promote a non-team environment.
Pros
Cons
many
Fast Paced Eniviroment
Senior Eligibility Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Torrance, CAMarch 31, 2016
Keenan & Associates work environment is a very fast paced. In my 7 years at Keenan & Associates I have learned alot, but also enhanced my set skills. The last couple of years we have had a I think management turn over. Not sure why it is to hard to retain quality management.

My experience with co-workers is great. We are all very professional and work together as a team. The hardest part of my job is sometimes not having a enough time in the day to finish up what I am working on. The most enjoyable part of the job is having a job that I confident with and that I know has confidence in me.
Pros
Company recognation and bounes
Cons
Not enough time in the dat
Supervisor and customer service
Supervisor and assist manager (Current Employee) –  Riverside, CAJanuary 3, 2016
Keenan is an excellent company. It is family owned and they truly care about their employees. We have numerous additional benefits which is a strong incentive for their employees, I would recommend to anyone to work for Keenan. I am only leaving as I am moving out of state
Good Start for learning insurance
Benefits Implementation Manager (Former Employee) –  Torrance, CANovember 15, 2015
Keenan is a family owned business that provides insurance services to the public entity and school markets. They are a niche company. They provide excellent benefits to their employees
Pros
Benefits and Pay Good.
Cons
Worklife Balance, Management to stiff
Claims Supervisor for Workers Compensation
Supervisor and assist manager (Current Employee) –  Riverside, CQJune 29, 2015
I supervisor 8 employees -6 examiners and 2 assistants. I review files, work with my team in resolution of claims. This is a very challenging position however, I love my job. The hardest part of my job is employee issues and addressing them. I can do it very well however it does not make it easy. The most enjoyable part of my job is working with people and knowing at the end of the day I have helped someone, whether external or internal. Customer service is very important in my job and my skills in this area are exceptional.
Over Worked
claims (Former Employee) –  Torrance, CAFebruary 11, 2015
Management is not experienced with managing a team. Constant micro managing leaves no time for work. Work load is overwhelming. One employee doing 2 peoples work. Favoritism, passive supervisors and dominant and rude colleagues. I am so glad I left.
Pros
n/@
Cons
no breaks or lunch
Awesome company with future expansion opportunities
Claims Assistant (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cordova, CADecember 23, 2014
The daily shifts were very flexible depending on your job/life balance. They offered the 9/80 schedule and would also work with you if you had a commute. I took IEA classes to further myself with the company, which was provided by the company. Management had an "open door" policy, which they took very seriously. My coworkers and I got along very well, everyone was very personable, as well as professional. I loved the constant pace of the work, but sometimes it would be a tad overwhelming. I loved developing the relationships with clientele and working closely with vendors as well as clients.
Pros
Great benefits, lots of employee moral boosting functions
fast growing place
Sr. Claims Examiner (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CADecember 11, 2014
enjoyed working there, nice location. A lot of work, a lot of support keeps you very busy
Good company
Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Westlake Village, CANovember 22, 2014
Worked for a short period of time. Overall was a good company to work for.
Strange Working environment
Senior Claims Specialist (Former Employee) –  TorranceSeptember 25, 2014
This place was very clicky,,It was who you know that made the difference
The Corporate Experience
Sales and Marketing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Torrance, CASeptember 11, 2014
While insurance can be sort of on the dull side, Keenan is a very stable company. When I worked there, it was a corporate type of setting. I was able to learn and grow but at a very slow pace. Work life balance was a plus there and I love Dan Keenan, he was very fun to work with. I would recommend Keenan to anyone.
Pros
work life balance
Cons
slow pace
Supportive Legal Team
PRIME Bill Review Specialist (Former Employee) –  Torrance, CAJuly 30, 2014
Legal team are supportive and nice to work with...very trusting, understanding and patient.