Keene State College Employee Reviews

There is great chemistry between the staff and management.
Plumber/Pipefitter (Former Employee) –  Keene, NHJuly 25, 2017
An overall great working experience, fantastic work environment. The management does not not over manage the staff, they trust their staff will do their job and do it well. There is something to be said for that. If employers could respect and trust their employees and allow them to do their jobs the way they know, I believe we could have a much happier workforce.
Educator
College Professor, Adjunct (Former Employee) –  Keene, NHJune 18, 2017
Part time college professor - teach Safety Studies students OSHA General Industry 1910 30-hour course. Worked full time while teaching at night, enjoyed students!
Pros
Working with your minds
Cons
Long nights after full time job
A good place to work, but still struggles to live up to its potential.
Lecturer (Current Employee) –  Keene, NHJune 16, 2017
As an adjunct faculty member, the school offers a reasonable salary, but job security and collegiality vary from department to department and semester to semester. This is not too different from most colleges and universities. The administration is in a constant state of flux due to the lack of a clear institutional strategy and being nothing more than a temporary resume builder for many administrators.
Excellent opportunity to conduct research in college
Student Researcher (Former Employee) –  Keene, NHMay 30, 2017
Keene State College provides an excellent situation for students to work in the field they are going in. Working in the research department was a humbling experience. I got to work with Autistic children and study how their minds worked in regards to emotion compared to a child without Autism.
Pros
experience in the field
Cons
disorganized
Not a good workplace
Equipment Room Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Keene, NHMay 17, 2017
Assistant to manager of the film equipment room on campus. Duties consisted of

managing the equipment, cleaning and fixing gear, and administering it to students. I

managed daily returns and check outs. Responded to email requests and helped

determine equipment policies. I led workshops teaching students how to use equipment

like the steady-cam, jib, and dolly.
Relaxed work environment and an easy job to go along with it
Mail Clerk (Current Employee) –  Keene, NHMay 11, 2017
Almost every day I work in the mail room as a mail clerk. This job is very relaxing (with the exception of certain holidays) and is a nice way for a college student to make money. The people that work there are very friendly and helpful.
Pros
flexible hours, easy job
Cons
poor pay
Part time/Adjuncy employee
Keene State College (Former Employee) –  Keene, NHApril 20, 2017
I worked as a Adjunct faculty. They did have a union where adjunct could purchase Health Insurance which was great, but overall they do not offer any benefits to adjunct faculty. Otherwise, my experience there was always good.
Loved it
Assistant Women's Basketball Coach (Former Employee) –  Keene, NHApril 7, 2017
I had a wonderful experience at keene state, i attended college here and then was lucky enough to be employed by them for two years. The staff was wonderful.
Good learning experience in an academic setting
Restoration and Permaculture Internship (Former Employee) –  Keene, NHMarch 29, 2017
Set internship goals. Report to your advisor and establishing goals for the day and or week. Keep open communication with advisor via email and in person during office hrs . I learned the basics of how to restore an ecosystem on a community level with native and edible plant species.
Pros
Working outside
Cons
Getting dirty
Friendly enviroment
Physical Plant Department Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Keene, NHMarch 18, 2017
Great teamwork experience. Never had problems with managers.
Enjoyed to work there with respectful coworkers. Learned basic office etiquette and equipment.

Want to know more about Keene State College?

Ask a question
Fun and inspiring.
Eco-Rep (Current Employee) –  Keene, NHMarch 6, 2017
I greatly enjoy working with Eco-Rep's. I was and still am passionate about the job and what it entails. I love teaching people ways to be more sustainable and eco-friendly. It is very rewarding when you are able to explain various environmental issues, such as climate change, to someone who does not understand it, and the ways that you can help or minimize the contributions.
Pros
You get to work with people who are just as passionate about the Earth and environment as you are.
Not recommended
Senior Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Keene, NHFebruary 15, 2017
KSC used to be a great place to work, and it still is, depending on which department you are in, but the climate has changed for the worse over the past several years and most employees are overworked, very stressed out, and are fearful of their job security. The benefits are great which is why most people continue to stay, but the overall environment is not good or healthy anymore, which is too bad as this is detrimental to the education of the students, and the overall health of all of the employees.
Pros
excellent benefits
Cons
no job security due to constant restructuring
Two years as an RA was good
Resident Assistant (Former Employee) –  Keene, NHFebruary 1, 2017
Every week we had meetings which became more brief and more relaxed. By the end of the year I was already checkout out with two months left to go.

Rounds went late into the night, though there was a range of time we had to do them.

Workplace culture was optimistic, understanding, and open-minded.

Management was good - fun, excited, and transparent as they could be - no complaints there.

Most enjoyable part of the job was being around everyone and knowing your residents - you are responsible for the connection you have - and the potential is a great one.

Oh, and they give you room and board.
Pros
Independent work, understanding management, free room and board
Cons
Late night shifts
Fun University to Be Affiliated With
Dietetic Intern (Former Employee) –  Keene, NHJanuary 12, 2017
I was a dietetic intern at Keene State from 2015-2016. The Internship was well run and the program was able to match me with diverse opportunities in Western Massachusetts and New Hampshire. I had a fantastic experience with the program and would highly recommend it to others specifically those interested in community nutrition.
Exciting
Internship (Former Employee) –  Keene, NHSeptember 28, 2016
This was an internship for 4 months.
I was there from monday thru friday for 2 hours of the day and on a basic day just helped out Pat Hearn with the schedules.
Keene State is where you want to be!
Tour Guide (Former Employee) –  Keene, NHJuly 19, 2016
Keene State College is a great college. Not just in academics, extra curriculars and sports but is welcoming all students with new experiences and life long memories. The admissions department is so friendly and immediately welcomes you to Keene with open arms and answers to questions. The other tour guides are super friendly students are there to give you their own perspective!
Great leadership in BEST tutoring program!
Biology Tutor (Current Employee) –  Keene, NHFebruary 19, 2016
I have been a tutor for a short time and I adore it! Management is fantastic to work for and the position is great as i get to help other students while really cementing my understanding of the materials.
Amazing community of people with a large amount of incredible professors
Architecture Student (Former Employee) –  Keene, NHJanuary 20, 2016
Comparing classes with other friends attending different schools, the longer classes; yet less of them per week, gave a seemingly less stressful work load week by week and opened the opportunity for a life outside school. Great professors with strong interests in their teachings keep the interest up as well as meeting some fantastic people who will continue to be friends for years to come made the whole college experience fantastic. Not to mention I learned an incredible amount about something I’ve loved throughout my life and got to create the stepping stone to continue doing what I love.
Pros
Great gym, food, downtown, campus in general
Cons
Curriculum forced un-interesting classes, some annoying winterizing techniques, expensive laundrey
Work for credit
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Keene NHOctober 14, 2015
Keene State College gives a unique opportunity to students who want to earn extra credits. You can work as a Teaching assistant and provide assistance to educators and students. There are very few of these positions and are hard to get.
Great job with the worst boss.
Campus Safety Officer (Former Employee) –  Keene, NHAugust 27, 2015
Everything about the job is great except for the Director. You will be micromanaged to death, told you are inadequate and constantly criticized. Watch what you say because people will befriend you and then stab you in the back. Oh and don't ever raise your voice to the students because they are the generation of entitlement. Good luck.....you'll need it.
Pros
pay and benefits
Cons
Bad management, poor leadership.