Keene State College Employee Reviews

Not recommended
Senior Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Keene, NHFebruary 15, 2017
KSC used to be a great place to work, and it still is, depending on which department you are in, but the climate has changed for the worse over the past several years and most employees are overworked, very stressed out, and are fearful of their job security. The benefits are great which is why most people continue to stay, but the overall environment is not good or healthy anymore, which is too bad as this is detrimental to the education of the students, and the overall health of all of the employees.
Pros
excellent benefits
Cons
no job security due to constant restructuring
Fun University to Be Affiliated With
Dietetic Intern (Former Employee) –  Keene, NHJanuary 12, 2017
I was a dietetic intern at Keene State from 2015-2016. The Internship was well run and the program was able to match me with diverse opportunities in Western Massachusetts and New Hampshire. I had a fantastic experience with the program and would highly recommend it to others specifically those interested in community nutrition.
Great job with the worst boss.
Campus Safety Officer (Former Employee) –  Keene, NHAugust 27, 2015
Everything about the job is great except for the Director. You will be micromanaged to death, told you are inadequate and constantly criticized. Watch what you say because people will befriend you and then stab you in the back. Oh and don't ever raise your voice to the students because they are the generation of entitlement. Good luck.....you'll need it.
Pros
pay and benefits
Cons
Bad management, poor leadership.
Keene State is where you want to be!
Tour Guide (Former Employee) –  Keene, NHJuly 19, 2016
Keene State College is a great college. Not just in academics, extra curriculars and sports but is welcoming all students with new experiences and life long memories. The admissions department is so friendly and immediately welcomes you to Keene with open arms and answers to questions. The other tour guides are super friendly students are there to give you their own perspective!
Exciting
Internship (Former Employee) –  Keene, NHSeptember 28, 2016
This was an internship for 4 months.
I was there from monday thru friday for 2 hours of the day and on a basic day just helped out Pat Hearn with the schedules.
Great leadership in BEST tutoring program!
Biology Tutor (Current Employee) –  Keene, NHFebruary 19, 2016
I have been a tutor for a short time and I adore it! Management is fantastic to work for and the position is great as i get to help other students while really cementing my understanding of the materials.
Amazing community of people with a large amount of incredible professors
Architecture Student (Former Employee) –  Keene, NHJanuary 20, 2016
Comparing classes with other friends attending different schools, the longer classes; yet less of them per week, gave a seemingly less stressful work load week by week and opened the opportunity for a life outside school. Great professors with strong interests in their teachings keep the interest up as well as meeting some fantastic people who will continue to be friends for years to come made the whole college experience fantastic. Not to mention I learned an incredible amount about something I’ve loved throughout my life and got to create the stepping stone to continue doing what I love.
Pros
Great gym, food, downtown, campus in general
Cons
Curriculum forced un-interesting classes, some annoying winterizing techniques, expensive laundrey
Great first real world experience helping clients meet goal through exercise.
Personal Trainer (Former Employee) –  Keene, NHOctober 1, 2014
Great management, only encouraged us to ask questions and extremely helpful. Learned how to work with various people of all different backgrounds. Had a great work environment and we all learned from each other.
Pros
great environment and learned a lot about working with individuals and exericse.
Cons
not great pay
Work for credit
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Keene NHOctober 14, 2015
Keene State College gives a unique opportunity to students who want to earn extra credits. You can work as a Teaching assistant and provide assistance to educators and students. There are very few of these positions and are hard to get.
Fun to work at a college
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Keene, NHOctober 30, 2013
I enter the lab and analyze each pictures of diesel and biodiesel particles taken by a transmission electron microscope. I used ImageJ to measure the diameter and surface area of each particle. If I make a mistake, I go over it again until it is correct. What I learned was to think deeply in trying to solve a problem with the research and get better results. Working with a professor was the most enjoyable part of the job.
Pros
Present the project to two conferences
Cons
Short term position
Good place to conduct research
Lab Technician (Current Employee) –  Keene, NHFebruary 16, 2015
If you can get into the right research lab here you can contribute to meaningful research. Our lab is funded by both the NIH and NSF for the research we are conducting, allowing us to charge full steam into our projects.
Independent Research
Independent Study (Former Employee) –  Keene, NHDecember 15, 2012
This was a study working under a grant during my undergraduate studies. It was extremely worth while to conduct an independent study. The small size of Keene State College allowed me to work directly with my professors and learn a great amount of skills.
Great Leadership opportunity
Keene State College Resident Assistant (Former Employee) –  Keene, NHMay 14, 2013
Was able to support and aid twenty six college freshman through their first year. pointing them in the right direction in regards to resources and opportunities on campus.
Pros
Free Room and Board
nice insitution
IT Technical Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Keene, NHFebruary 15, 2015
Nice institution
well maintained
enjoyable working environment
enjoyable college to take classes at
teachers are very knowledgeable
Great School
Student (Current Employee) –  Keene, New HampshireMarch 26, 2014
All professors show a great interest in the students and ensuring that they are best fit for the real world. They are always willing to help.
Pros
Education, Opportunities
Cons
Well, it's not free
Research
Undergraduate Researcher (Former Employee) –  United StatesAugust 8, 2012
The school provided me with an opportunity to do graduate level research while still in undergrad. It was a great experience not all colleges can give their undergrads.
Relaxed work environment
Graphic Designer (Former Employee) –  Keene, NHJanuary 2, 2014
A very tight knit and friendly work place atmosphere filled with coworkers eager to see and help you succeed.
Pros
Flexible schedules
Cons
Low Pay Grade
Hall Monitor
TDS Hall Monitor (Current Employee) –  Keene, NHFebruary 8, 2014
This is a great job. I get to work 5 hours a week on campus watching over the students and being able to study.
Pros
On campus, in a new building
Cons
only 5 hours a week
Geography Department
Ashuelot River Atlas Project in Keene, N.H. (Former Employee) –  Keene, NHSeptember 10, 2013
Great teachers, great town, strong guidance, and a feeling of belonging.
Very good learning enviroment
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Keene, NHApril 26, 2012
I loved Keene State, it had a very good learning, and community oriented environment.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Keene State College. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2