Keesler Federal Credit Union Employee Reviews

Great place to work.
Mortgage Processor (Current Employee) –  Biloxi, MSAugust 23, 2017
Great place to work. I've learned a lot in a short period of time about mortgages thanks to the support from my peers and management. The best part is that Keesler is all about promoting and career development from with-in. They provide all the resources and are very helpful.
friendly environment
TELLER (Former Employee) –  APO,AEMay 2, 2017
I really enjoying working with all the management there as well as all of my coworkers, i felt very supported while learning all i could about the credit union environment and ways. It felt like home.
Great Credit Union and Benefits
Teller Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Waveland, MSApril 9, 2017
Keesler is a great credit union to work for. Management is very laid back, however, you are expected to remain professional when members are present. They value the members and the employees. Benefits are great. There are a lot of opportunity to advance as long as you work hard.
Great place to work. Excellent benefits. Fun to work here.
Staff Development Specialist (Current Employee) –  Gulfport, MSMarch 21, 2017
Love Kessler. Ready for a change of scene. Want to live outside Mississippi and unfortunately, KFCU is not nationwide at this time. I would highly recommend anyone who wants to work in a professional and high performing place to apply at Keesler Federal Credit Union!
Great Company
Teller (Former Employee) –  Waveland, MSJanuary 24, 2017
Very family oriented. fun place to work. loved my manager and coworkers. I learned a lot about banking and finance here.
Pros
parties
Cons
location
Leadership
Teller II (Former Employee) –  Picayune, MSNovember 1, 2016
A typical day at work consist of helping members with transactions for their accounts and answering their questions. The most enjoyable part of the job was assisting the members.

My co-workers were great to work with, up to the assistant branch manager.

The hardest part of the job was not having a understanding supportive top management. Having a underlying constant threat of being written up or having points being added up against you. You will be scheduled to work on the days you have requested off three weeks in advance forcing you to call in. You are not allowed to switch days off with other co-workers.

What I've learned is there is no lenience within the branch or the company for call in's even if you have a doctor's excuse.

The leadership is poor within the branch.
Pros
Members are awesome
Cons
Leadership is poor
Everyone is friendly and cares and makes things fun
Teller (Former Employee) –  Diamondhead, MSJune 21, 2016
Keesler is great. They help you with anything you have problems with and don't quite know and they make sure you get all proper training and it's easy to move up and around.
Cons
Short lunches and in some locations no breaks other than lunch with 9 hour shift
Fun and productive
Teller I (Former Employee) –  RAF AlconburyApril 12, 2016
Excellent place to work. Very friendly staff and management. Uplifting and supportive co workers. Because it was a small place, we had alot of regular customers who would come in with a smile and brighten your day!
Mortgage Department Only
Mortgage Loan Officer (Former Employee) –  Biloxi, MSMarch 12, 2016
Mortgage department had very poor management and the credit union overall would not do anything about it. Regardless of continual complaints from numerous employees that had left the mortgage department.
Team Player achieving common goals
Assistant Branch Manager/Loan Officer (Former Employee) –  Gulfport, MSMarch 9, 2016
High Volume environment learning importance of multitasking and time management. Working with and encountering all personality and behavior traits from talkers, supporters, doers and controllers. Enjoy working with motivated individuals.
Pros
Good medical benefits, sick and annual leave.
Cons
micro manager(s)
Extensive Training/Great Members
Floating Teller (Former Employee) –  Gulfport, MSNovember 13, 2015
I loved working with the members I encountered at Keesler! They are very critical of any mistake made, even if only made once and it is NEVER forgotten! One mistake as a new teller held me back from ever advancing in the company. Also, the scheduling conflicted with my son's daycare and sports scheduling and they will not work with you at all on it.
Pros
Great Members; Fun Work Mates
Cons
Not Understanding; Critical
Okay place to work
Financial service rep (Former Employee) –  Biloxi, MsNovember 11, 2015
Upper management only cares about what's best for the company, don't care about your personal needs or family needs. Will criticize you for the smallest mistake even if you only do it once.
Pros
Pay, holidays, Sunday's off
Cons
Upper management is not understanding
Banking
Lead Teller/Sales (Former Employee) –  United KingdomJuly 29, 2015
Domestic and International devisions offering banking and lending services. Credit Union headquartered in Biloxi, MS.
Enjoyed working at this small branch.
Head Teller (Former Employee) –  Pascagoula, MSFebruary 10, 2015
I worked on a small Navy Base in Pascagoula. It was nice & personable. Customers were mostly Navy, far from their home. Several would like to come in and talk about their family that they missed. I was one of 4 or 5 workers in this branch and we all worked together to make the branch a success.
I was a teller
Connie Ziz, Teller (Former Employee) –  Gulfport, MSFebruary 2, 2015
I enjoyed my management and co-workers. The pay was good and I had benefits. I would help members with deposits, withdrawals, sell bank products. I would help process night drop. I learned the difference between a credit union and a bank. The hardest part of the job is keeping up with federal regulations. I liked my members and liked that I was off on Sundays and holidays.
Pros
Paid holidays and sundays off
Cons
Lunch was only 30 minutes
what is best for KFCU
Mortgage Loan Officer/Originator (Former Employee) –  Biloxi, MSDecember 12, 2014
Credit Union is more concerned about what is best for company. Has little concern about the service they provide their members and little concern on they way they treat their employees.
General overview
Financial Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Biloxi, MSFebruary 3, 2014
Member oriented company. On the job training for new hires and company promoted positions. KFCU works to stay abreast of the banking technological age.
Great company to work for
Financial Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Gulfport, MSJanuary 15, 2013
Loved my job with Keesler. Enjoyed the people I worked with as well as the members there.
Pros
great work enviroment
Cons
not a whole lot of time for family