Keihin North America Employee Reviews in United States

easy work, but I wouldn't go back
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Greenfield, INMay 31, 2016
I worked here for 4 years, and it was a cake walk most of the time. On the other hand the work/life balance isn't that great.
made havac units seemed reasonable
manufacturing (Former Employee) –  Muncie, INApril 19, 2016
co workers kept to themselves, I learned quickly and i thought it was a great second job was there for one week then I moved. I love working hands on so it was an amazing job. wish i wouldnt have had to move
Pros
nice working invironment
Cons
got really hot but i could manage
Only work here if you are desperate or a yes-person.
Production Associate (Current Employee) –  Capac, MIApril 11, 2016
Keihin is one of the most horrible places I have ever worked. First off, they try to impress a Japanese ethno-centric view and philosophy on everything you do. Which means you can say goodbye to your individuality unless you want to be fired or never hired. Second, bathroom breaks or even getting a drink of water must be asked for and covered by someone else. That is inhumane by principle alone and just more Japanese fascist dictation. Third, say farewell to your family and/or anything you love. You will work so many hours that your marriage, relationship, and sanity will suffer. They do not care about your well being whatsoever as long as quotas are reached. Not to mention, they treat you like you are expendable...and you are! You are just a replaceable cog in their machine. Fourth, the benefits, pay, and raises are so laughable. Fifth, they are so desperate for employees they beg for you to bring in labor. I will not subject my friends and family to such lunacy. In closing, DO NOT WORK HERE EVER.
Pros
Co-workers.
Cons
It and its inhumane business model exist.
okay place
Production Associate (Former Employee) –  Capac, MIApril 9, 2016
place was okay to make money. never mind the stars due to making me review it twice. this place is horrible if you want random time off. theyll make you use your pto and vacation time and they barely give any of that.
Good training for auto parts.
Final Visual Inspector (Former Employee) –  Greenfield, INApril 8, 2016
You learned a lot of why things work and how they work inside an automobile. I taught a lot of people how to run machines and some Management...I enjoyed what I did and how it affected the outcome.
Pros
Good training.
Cons
Sending to Mexico.
Good benefits, but not much more
Production Associate (Former Employee) –  Greenfield, INMarch 24, 2016
Management never cared about taking care of big problems..Favoritism was shown factory wide. Aside from all the problems i learned how to run multiple different machines although most people you worked with made the job difficult on many levels.
Pros
Layed back
Cons
Good benefits
pro-company management,poor treatment of workers.
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Capac, MIFebruary 7, 2016
Worked here for over 16months..in that time I witnessed a mean supervisor on hvac line constantly bully employees,frequent complaints are ignored .. Production quotas are the only thing mgt. Cares about--if someone in your dept.goes on medical leave,you are required to take on his/her duties... EVERYONE IN THIS FACILITY SHOULD START AT 12-14.00/hour...VOTE UAW IN NOW!!.. Force company to treat workers with respect and pay a fair wage.never worked so hard for such little pay.
Pros
insurance, clean work environment
Cons
terrible pay, mean mgt., over worked employees.
Terrible management.
Production Associate (Current Employee) –  Capac, MIJanuary 22, 2016
I spend more time at work than I do with my family. They claim to be family oriented but they could care less. Every weekend is "mandatory." Coordinators and supervisors are terrible with communication. They keep everything secret from employees. People with restrictions are forced to operate stations that hurt them. Upper management is useless with complaints. They don't rotate you on and off stations like they are supposed too. As a result, a third of the shop is on restrictions. The actual work isn't difficult. And I don't mind my job. But poor upper management is making myself and the rest of the shop want to leave as soon as possible.
Pros
2 shutdowns and good insurance.
Cons
Terrible management and communication
Productive company
Packaging Engineer (Current Employee) –  Anderson, INJanuary 10, 2016
This is a very productive company and is very efficient. They give you 2 shutdowns during the year. One is during July 4th and the other is during Christmas.
Pros
Growing Company
6S to Success
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Muncie, INDecember 16, 2015
Day's were pretty typical and uneventful working assembly line as it's the same process over and over the entire shift. If you are lucky you would be able to switch between stations every 2 hour intervals to give your body a break. HR was wonderful, probably the best place I have worked for as far as management goes. I always felt I could trust them with any concern I had, and all of my concerns we treated as they were important. However, the management on the actual assembly line was lacking in leadership skills terribly. Their benefit package is great especially if you have a family;

The hardest part of the job was the repetition. The most enjoyable part of the job was learning the new Inman line. I had the pleasure at one point of having a line full of great co-workers, and boy did we light that thing up!
Benefits
Cons
physical consequences of repetitious motions
great place to work
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Muncie, INNovember 17, 2015
I really enjoyed working in the factory. I was always busy and I really enjoyed working with my team. We all worked well together.
Pros
They really promoted teamwork.
Cons
being out of stock can make you look bad
Challenging but rewarding work.
Temp/Final Inspector (Former Employee) –  Greenfield, INOctober 20, 2015
The job itself may not have been fun, but it kept me focused. Most co-workers were nice and easy to get along with, but there were a few every once in a while who made it a pain to work there. Management is kind and understanding.
Stayed busy most the time great enviroment
assembly line (Former Employee) –  Muncie IndianaSeptember 30, 2015
Would go to one of the five stations that I knew. Would spend two hours at each station.Just did my process on the unit then would wait on the next part so i could repeat.
Pros
Great co-workers
Cons
management wasn't that great.
Decent place to work. Nothing special.
Quality Control Technical Associate (Current Employee) –  Greenfield, INSeptember 24, 2015
I enjoyed this job. As a person just starting my career I was able to learn and gain experience while having the room to make mistakes and learn from them. If you don't take this place too seriously and use it as a stepping stone to better things, you will not be unhappy there.
Pros
Overtime
Cons
Excessive Overtime
productive
Assembly Line Production Worker (Current Employee) –  Muncie, INJune 14, 2015
I work with HVACs for Honda doing assembly, we plug in couplers an do inspection marks, plug in to see if the hvac works , we do about 4 out of 5 spots a night in finals inspection area
Pros
quick moving, focus on parts
Cons
short breaks, management is poor
I was hired by a temp service
Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Greenfield,INJune 13, 2015
I got to work at keihin for a month before my assignment was terminated. I enjoyed the job just wasn't very comfortable in some depts, it was a factory so it did get really hot.
Pros
lunchroom was the better than any other job ive worked for
Cons
wasnt anytime to try to secure the job before assignment was terminated
This is my happy place! I planned on retiring from here.But I do not think I will be chosen due to my hire date
Production Worker (Current Employee) –  Muncie, INMay 31, 2015
I love my job. It is work, but the best job I ever had. Keihin has an amazing overhead. They treat us very well! The hardest part about my job is being on my feet for 8 hrs. while on a concrete floor. It hurts my feet, legs and back.
Pros
The insurance and paid time off
Cons
If I were to clock in 1 minute late, it is an occurance and an hour of my pto time is taken
Good pay, bad job experience.
On-Line QC, Final Inspector, Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Greenfield, INMay 12, 2015
I have been a "temporary associate" for this company for over a year and a half with no inclination as to when I will be hired on. I work full time hours as well as jobs of high importance such as Quality Control and Final Inspection, but it has no effect on the speed that I will be hired. Several associates and myself have made complaints against our current coordinator with no result and I am unable to move departments or shifts without the coordinator's approval. It will not be approved because I am a necessity due to a lack of manpower.
Pros
Good pay.
Cons
Bad management.
Great Benefits, Stable, Management is Solid
Management (Current Employee) –  Anderson, INMay 6, 2015
Keihin is an Auto Parts Manufacturer whose primary customer is Honda. If you want to be paid the highest amount possible don't work in Automotive because margins are low. That being said it's one of the better places I have ever worked. They attempt to shelter their Associates from downsizing and pay cuts. The benefits are the best I have seen in more than 10 years with a single bundled cost for Health / Dental / Vision that is lower than what other companies charge for just Health. The Benefits plan is also very rich which helps a lot if you have kids.

It is a Japanese led company so there is a strong focus on Quality and Hard Work. They encourage deep thinking and increased skills. There is a great program for Engineers to advance within the company and promotions are generally available. Factory hourly Associates have fewer chances to advance. Cost cutting pressures are strong but the effects are less brutal than at similar American run companies.
Pros
Great Benefits, Stable Business, Good Philosophy
Cons
Average Pay, Low Bonus
It's a job....
Maintenance Technical Associate (Current Employee) –  Tarboro, NCApril 11, 2015
It is a ok job for a person fresh outta school to get some learning experience under there belt. Good people an good environment but very clean place at times, also your working 6 days a week for the most 10 hours a day

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Keihin North America. Our community is ready to answer.