Keihin North America

Keihin North America Employer Reviews

Keihin has a Team-like Structure
Machinist (Current Employee), Greenfield, INJune 9, 2014
Pros: lunch was served there, they are very organized
Cons: short breaks, i would like a more diverse work area or higher pay.
A typical day consists of running 4 CNC Machines that cut Injector bases, I wouldn't say its terribly difficult by any means, just lots of repetitious work. I liked most of all the people I worked with even the supervisors and managers. The most enjoyable part of my day is to see if you can beat your numbers from the day before. I also liked having – more... to work with other people around me. – less
What I learned in my years of experience
Linear Solenoid quality Inspector (Current Employee), Greenfield, INApril 5, 2014
Pros: they provide good benefits
Cons: they are not a strong company at this point to provide job stability
Through out my job experience I have learned to work with integrity, teamwork, and reliability. I learned if I work hard it will pay off in the end; the result will make room for me to advance within a company.
Ok place to work.
Machine Operator (Former Employee), Greenfield, INMarch 6, 2014
The pay wasn't great but the work was easy. In a lot of the departments you get really dirty. Some of the management is great, others not so much.
Busy quick pase job.
Material Handler (Former Employee), Muncie, INMarch 6, 2014
Pros: don't have to stand in one place like assymbly.
Cons: material handing management needs revised.
Decent job. Material handling management needs updated and revised.
productive
assembly line (Former Employee), greenfield, INJanuary 14, 2014
Pros: mangers
Cons: co workers
i enjoyed my mangers and how they taught the work. my co workers were not that good due to the fact that most of them were young. the hardest part of the job was getting the parts correct.
Hostile environment between Management and the employees
Maintenance tech associate / Solderwave tech (Former Employee), Tarboro, NCJanuary 5, 2014
Pros: healthcare
Cons: pay raises/ christmas bonuses are taken out of check
Management has a disconnect with the employees that causes a breakdown with communication. Changes for the worse occured a few years ago when management, Hr, and Plant manager changes. The place went from a 5/5 to a 2/5.
The Worst Managed Company Ever
Current Employee (Current Employee), CapaceDecember 15, 2013
Pros: insurance is fantastic
Cons: read review
The job listing for this position requests 5 years of related experience. That's longer than anyone will stay at this job. Backstabbing, favoritism, safety problems, overworked, lowest pay of all plants (Capac, MI), supervisors on drugs, horrible maintenance, downtime, dangerous hi-lo drivers, high number of associates with heart attacks, attendance – more... policy designed to eliminate associates, non-existent workers compensation (they just refuse to pay). If you have a heart attack at work and have to be taken by ambulance, they strip your personal time from you. If you don't have any time available, you will be fired for absences.

The 2 stars for Compensation/benefits are only because the insurance is incredible. – less
Hard long hours alot of lazy people 3rd shift line
shipping (Former Employee), munDecember 1, 2013
Pros: great owners
Cons: bosses didn't know three jobs
All I can say is 3rd shift line 2 supervisor was a very nasty and did drugs she defendantly had all the bosses fooled she never worked. This was the muncie plant I wish I would have said something when she grabbed. My private. Parts I could go on and on I'm over thinking. About. It in all it sucked.
Good Place to Work
Office Staff (Current Employee), Capac, MIOctober 31, 2013
Pros: growing company, adding new jobs, very clean, not too many hours, very good benefits.
Cons: tough attendance policy, strict on following rules, very high quality expectations.
Overall, KMM is a good place to work. Nice group of people to work with. The location makes it an easy drive since it's so close to I-69. They try hard to do the right thing. The environment is reserved/structured due to the Japanese cultural influence.
I wouldn't recommend this company to anyone!!!
Assembly Line Worker (Current Employee), Greenfield, INOctober 23, 2013
Cons: working 7 days a week
I work 7 days a week and now have one 10 min break and a 20 min lunch. I don't even have a home life because i'm working all the time. they lie to you, employees are burned out and tired from being at work all the time.
Long Hours, poor management, no time off
Production Associate, GDC Die Casting (Former Employee), Greenfield, INSeptember 4, 2013
Pros: pay
Cons: over worked
This company works you 7 days a week, gives no extra time off, very very strict adherence to attendance policy. They do not care how long you have been working for them, who you are, etc.. we went through over 150 employees in my department alone in less than a year.
Its was great
Line Operator / Forklift Operator (Former Employee), Tarboro, NCJuly 24, 2013
the most enjoyable thing at keihin was learning how to use the machine
Horrible place to work
Machine Operator (Current Employee), Greenfield, INJuly 18, 2013
Pros: advancement
Cons: horrible hours
Working for Keihin requires alot of physical activity including standing for long periods of time. The hours are never set and working 12 hour days and 7 days a week is possible.
die cast operator shot blast operator forklift furnace opertor
Die Cast Operator shot blast machine (Former Employee), Greenfield, INJuly 17, 2013
learn many jobs left to go to enderdel made honda automobiles manifolds and perform quality checks
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee), Greenfield, INMay 6, 2013
Easy part of job is running macines
Hardest part of job is learning computer
Clean environment, however, don"t allow much advancement.
Line worker and quality (Former Employee), Capac, MiApril 29, 2013
Pros: clean
Cons: no advancement
Super clean facility. Was an awesome place in the beginning, but with management and HR changes, has gone downhill since. Almost no advancement inside the company, even if you're pretty much trained, they hire from outside. Bad turn over rate also.
Not a company you would want to work for.
Eng. Tech. (Former Employee), Tarboro, NCApril 28, 2013
Pros: good hard working people
Cons: no sick time, management doesn't care
I work at KCST for a few years on the production floor. I was forced to work overtime after my shift and told at the last minute I would be working over the weekend. I had to use my vacation time if I got sick. Management didn't care about anything but themselves. They hand out useless bags and prizes when all you really want is a decent raise. It's – more... hard to believe but slavery is still alive in the south. And it's at KCST. – less
Lots of potential in people and the future
IT Network/Systems Coordinator (Current Employee), Tarboro, NCApril 21, 2013
Pros: fantastic benefit package, great co-workers
Cons: out of touch upper management with the day-to-day work in it, budgetary needs
The people doing the daily work on the plant floors and in the office are top-notch. The culture is "Can Do" throughout all departments. This is great when things need to get done and rather tough when some of the tools (physical and organizationally) are not provided. Some of the senior management seem to have a rather limited view in what it takes – more... to get things done on the floor. More and more I hear of new or greater expectations from each plant location but nothing new about provisions/equipment/training/headcount being provided to match those new expectations. – less
clean enviroment good place to work
Associate (Former Employee), Capac, MIApril 3, 2013
worked on a assembly line making parts for the air conditioning unit
Don't get sick here
Sales (Former Employee), Greenfield, IN.April 2, 2013
Pros: benefits, healthcare
I was only with them for 1 year, but that was enough. Like another ex-employee remarked here, the biggest issue with Keihin is that they don't like you to see using your vacation days. The only ones I saw using their vacation days, were the senior employees, the ones they really need around. They are safe. All others....I saw people almost "falling – more... apart" because of sickness (Flu, Stomach virus,etc...) and they still came to work. I'm not sure if that was because of "Groupthink" or because of HR, ( I still remember their fake smiles...). If someone was not in the office, they were either at another Keihin office, like Indianapolis, or working from home (if they had the privilege), but the unwritten attendance policy is basically: You work when you are supposed to work. Days, or weeks (Gasp!) off due to sickness or emergencies, No Go! – less

About Keihin North America

As a leading manufacturer of vehicle engine management and climate control systems, Keihin North America is focused on exceeding – Read more

Keihin North America Photos