Keihin North America

Keihin North America Employee Reviews

I was hired by a temp service
Maintenance (Former Employee), Greenfield,INJune 13, 2015
Pros: lunchroom was the better than any other job ive worked for
Cons: wasnt anytime to try to secure the job before assignment was terminated
I got to work at keihin for a month before my assignment was terminated. I enjoyed the job just wasn't very comfortable in some depts, it was a factory so it did get really hot.
This is my happy place! I planned on retiring from here.But I do not think I will be chosen due to my hire date
Production Worker (Current Employee), Muncie, INMay 31, 2015
Pros: The insurance and paid time off
Cons: If I were to clock in 1 minute late, it is an occurance and an hour of my pto time is taken
I love my job. It is work, but the best job I ever had. Keihin has an amazing overhead. They treat us very well! The hardest part about my job is being on my feet for 8 hrs. while on a concrete floor. It hurts my feet, legs and back.
Good pay, bad job experience.
On-Line QC, Final Inspector, Machine Operator (Current Employee), Greenfield, INMay 12, 2015
Pros: Good pay.
Cons: Bad management.
I have been a "temporary associate" for this company for over a year and a half with no inclination as to when I will be hired on. I work full time hours as well as jobs of high importance such as Quality Control and Final Inspection, but it has no effect on the speed that I will be hired. Several associates and myself have made complaints against our current coordinator with no result and I am unable to move departments or shifts without the coordinator's approval. It will not be approved because I am a necessity due to a lack of manpower.
Great Benefits, Stable, Management is Solid
Management (Current Employee), Anderson, INMay 6, 2015
Pros: Great Benefits, Stable Business, Good Philosophy
Cons: Average Pay, Low Bonus
Keihin is an Auto Parts Manufacturer whose primary customer is Honda. If you want to be paid the highest amount possible don't work in Automotive because margins are low. That being said it's one of the better places I have ever worked. They attempt to shelter their Associates from downsizing and pay cuts. The benefits are the best I have seen in more than 10 years with a single bundled cost for Health / Dental / Vision that is lower than what other companies charge for just Health. The Benefits plan is also very rich which helps a lot if you have kids.

It is a Japanese led company so there is a strong focus on Quality and Hard Work. They encourage deep thinking and increased skills. There is a great program for Engineers to advance within the company and promotions are generally available. Factory hourly Associates have fewer chances to advance. Cost cutting pressures are strong but the effects are less brutal than at similar American run companies.
It's a job....
Maintenance Technical Associate (Current Employee), Tarboro, NCApril 11, 2015
It is a ok job for a person fresh outta school to get some learning experience under there belt. Good people an good environment but very clean place at times, also your working 6 days a week for the most 10 hours a day
Good company to work for
Unpacker (Former Employee), Greenfield, INMarch 19, 2015
Training is great and employees treat each other with respect. Management need to step up and handle those things that are under their control.
good career building job
Assembly Worker (Current Employee), Muncie INFebruary 10, 2015
Pros: i like the people i work with
Cons: cant live off of 11.00 a hour
I do not have a typical day at work, I know the hole assembly line, so if someone is out from the day I fill in for them. I do something different every day.
Productive work place
Production Associate (Former Employee), Tarboro, NCDecember 31, 2014
Made parts for Honda
• Put connectors on and installed them in frames; Put covers on • Loaded parts through low-high temperature machine
poor work review
Quality Inspector/ Machine Operator (Former Employee), Greenfield, INDecember 3, 2014
Do not treat everyone equal needs better management. needs more flexible work shifts. your life is not important to them.
Nice place to work at.
Assembler (Former Employee), Mount Sterling, OHNovember 20, 2014
Pros: two short breaks
Cons: no lunch break
The jobs their self are set up to where it is not so much back breaking work for the employees and the plant is very clean and set up very well for safety.
Nice people to work with.
Quality Control Technician (Former Employee), Greenfield, IN.November 4, 2014
Pros: good management
Cons: pay increases ceased
A typical day at work would consist of line audits and verifications. Work Instructions were written as needed.
Productive and strict workplace.
Production Associate (Former Employee), Greenfield, INOctober 16, 2014
Pros: health care, long breaks
This is a great opportunity when you want to work on time managing skills
Disgusting Buisness Philosophy
Line Assembly (Former Employee), Capac, MIOctober 4, 2014
Pros: coworkers
Cons: very low pay, short breaks, no time to blink, and did i mention very low pay
You will never advance past $11.74 an hour, even if you have worked here ten plus years. Compensation is a downright joke. Once I found out that some of my coworkers have been there for six years and only made a little more than $11.00 an hour, I turned in my badge and shirt and walked out. The work is so fast paced you have no time to even blink. The workers should contact the Union and organize, that way they can be guaranteed annual raises that are more than twenty cents. I would not recommend this company to my worst enemy.
Productive work place and fun to work at.
Manufacturing Associate (Current Employee), Muncie, INJuly 17, 2014
Pros: meet alot of good people.
Cons: not getting to work a 40 hour week due to company selling product to another company
Productive workplace, fun environment to work in, very people friendly, I enjoy working at Keihin My Coordinator is a awesome lady to work for.
A friendly place to work and safe
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee), Greenfield, INJune 11, 2014
- Start of the shift I run masters on a few machines to figure out if they are working properly. Meeting with crew afterwards, and maintain a set rate each hour to get out of work on time.
- I learned how to run machinery, collect data, and inspect assembled parts.
- Management had its ups and downs due to the fact that they kept switching managers.
- My co-workers were friendly people mostly everyone gave you a smile walking by.
- The job wasn't really hard it was just all the standing that we had to do but it really wasn't nothing hard about it.
- I loved working with the machines and I felt good about where I was at.
Keihin has a Team-like Structure
Machinist (Current Employee), Greenfield, INJune 9, 2014
Pros: lunch was served there, they are very organized
Cons: short breaks, i would like a more diverse work area or higher pay.
A typical day consists of running 4 CNC Machines that cut Injector bases, I wouldn't say its terribly difficult by any means, just lots of repetitious work. I liked most of all the people I worked with even the supervisors and managers. The most enjoyable part of my day is to see if you can beat your numbers from the day before. I also liked having to work with other people around me.
What I learned in my years of experience
Linear Solenoid quality Inspector (Current Employee), Greenfield, INApril 5, 2014
Pros: they provide good benefits
Cons: they are not a strong company at this point to provide job stability
Through out my job experience I have learned to work with integrity, teamwork, and reliability. I learned if I work hard it will pay off in the end; the result will make room for me to advance within a company.
Ok place to work.
Machine Operator (Former Employee), Greenfield, INMarch 6, 2014
The pay wasn't great but the work was easy. In a lot of the departments you get really dirty. Some of the management is great, others not so much.
Busy quick pase job.
Material Handler (Former Employee), Muncie, INMarch 6, 2014
Pros: don't have to stand in one place like assymbly.
Cons: material handing management needs revised.
Decent job. Material handling management needs updated and revised.
productive
assembly line (Former Employee), greenfield, INJanuary 14, 2014
Pros: mangers
Cons: co workers
i enjoyed my mangers and how they taught the work. my co workers were not that good due to the fact that most of them were young. the hardest part of the job was getting the parts correct.

1 2 3

About Keihin North America

As a leading manufacturer of vehicle engine management and climate control systems, Keihin North America is focused on exceeding – Read more

Keihin North America Salaries