Keihin North America Employee Reviews

Very unprofessional, lack of communication and leads playing position
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Tarboro, NCApril 24, 2017
Didn't agree with environment and management. Too many bosses and a lot of not taking charge. Just lack of communication and not being able to take charge of your position when things went left.
kindergarten mentality from workers and mgt
floor mopper (Former Employee) –  Capac, MIApril 15, 2017
"management" is a sorry lot. young and inexperienced, inept to problem employees and the older supervisors ,TA, are hypocritical bullies. Nepotism, favoritism, 20-30 year old children with kindergarten mentality.
Safety is not practiced on all levels of management. Mockery is abundant.
Head of HR likes to play games and is useless. the referral program brings in more of the trouble makers by the trouble makers.
A bunch of bullies from the top on down. Lazy pot head kids, morons&bullies for leaders and TA's, & the quality people are just plain stupid.
kindergarten mentality from workers and mgt
floor mopper (Former Employee) –  Capac, MIApril 15, 2017
"management" is a sorry lot. young and inexperienced, inept to problem employees and the older ones(workers too) are hypocritical bullies. Nepotism, favoritism, 20-30 year old children with kindergarten mentality.
Safety is not practiced on all levels of management. Mockery is abundant.
A bunch of bullies from the top on down.
Unsure of hours, schedule changes without notice.
Assembly worker (Current Employee) –  Capac, MIApril 13, 2017
everyday is a challenge for you don't know what is going to happen. Running out of parts for bad scheduling between departments. management not checking on supplies. Everyone complaining about everything worse then a junior high.
i enjoyed my job
Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Muncie, INApril 10, 2017
At the beginning of the shift i would check attendance. then most of the time I as coordinator had to work online because of the turnover/attendance. i did learn most of my leadership skills there things were fine until they started cutting people's jobs. The hardest part of the job was having to figure things out for myself when I had a question my supervisor wasn't available.
Benefits
Cons
Turnover
Great place
HVAC Assembler (Former Employee) –  Mount Sterling, OHApril 4, 2017
The pay is good, the people are good and the work is easy (if a bit repetitive). They give long breaks for holidays when they can (I got 2 weeks off for Christmas) and management was full of great people. The only con was that the company was pretty steady and it wasn't easy to move up higher.
Pros
Steady job, great people, good pay
Cons
Hard to move up but that isn't even a big deal to me
working at keihen
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Muncie, INFebruary 26, 2017
keihen is a great place to work when I was there there benefits where great and enjoyed working there the pace was not bad at all
Pros
great benifits
Cons
lay off alot
Do not work here!!!!
Production (Former Employee) –  Capac, MIFebruary 25, 2017
By far the worse place to work. If your not upper management they don't care about you. They will not work with you at all with having to take time off. They will fire you for being a min late. Or if you have a emergency and can not make it to work. There pay sucks I worked there just under 2ish years and only made 11.45. You pretty much top out on pay at 12.
Productive Environment
Machine Tech/ Fork Lift Operator (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INFebruary 23, 2017
Great place to be employed at , very friendly staff and very educational, a lot of opportunity to grow within the company
No fun all bussinsiness
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Capac, MIFebruary 15, 2017
Not a very good place to work the cordarnators only seen to b worried about themselvds. And when you complain the company does nothing about it.
Pros
One week off in summer and for christmas
Cons
Everything elc
Good time off lack of support
QCTA (Current Employee) –  Greenfield, INFebruary 11, 2017
Work load is ok unless they try to pile more on you witch they will and will not get anything more for the work. Training is not good at all everybody is just a number they think you can just put someone out on the floor and they should be able to do the job with very little training, Management is a joke they don't see anything and they don't want to they just want everything to look good in there meetings, The hardest part of the job is dealing with the lack of support from the people above you and the lack of training of new people. most enjoyable part is going home and time off
Pros
Good healthcare, Time off
Cons
Bad managment, No support
Qcta
6AT Quality Control Technical Associate (Current Employee) –  Greenfield, INJanuary 23, 2017
Keikin is a very poor company to work for. Hr is very unfair and if you have complaints they will bluntly tell you they dont care. They work their employees to hard and are extremely understaffed. All employees are underpaid unless you are salary, which is next to impossible to get a job or any type of promotion becausr they are downsizing.
Pros
Healthcare
no work / life balance
Production Planner (Former Employee) –  Greenfield, INJanuary 7, 2017
Production is the main goal at Keihn. No work / life balance at all. Leadership is poor, too much swearing and cursing at folks in meetings and on floor over production as well as for no reasons
Pros
good benefits
Cons
bad environment
great job but moved to jacksonville florida to be with my family
First Shift Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Muncie, INJanuary 3, 2017
worked there for over five years started as a temp went to full time got advanced to quality control within a year. then spent a year as QA then got advanced to coordinator.
Worst management I have ever worked for
Line Worker (Current Employee) –  Capac, MIDecember 11, 2016
I have worked at the Capac plant for over 5 years and it has gone down hill since day 1. Management is young and inexperienced. They don't address issues that are brought to their attention. Don't bother going to HR for any kind of help, they don't know anything. If they say will find out, that never happens. Pay is poor for the work you do. Good employees get overlooked and rarely praised for doing a good job. Bad employees get to continue with bad behavior which is one reason for high turnover rate. Management does not listen to complaints, and there are several. Favoritism is rampant. The only good thing about working here is that it's air conditioned.
Pros
Air conditioning
Cons
Management, low pay, low employee morale
Nice place to work.
Engineer (Current Employee) –  Greenfield, INOctober 26, 2016
I work in the shop to make constant improvements and keep equipment running. We have make many changes that have saved the company a lot of money and cut costs.
Pros
Nice people
Cons
Moved work to Mexico.
Great place to work, good management support, good people.
Administrative Support to Market Quality (Current Employee) –  Greenfield, INSeptember 12, 2016
Inspecting market returns from Honda.
Test parts report the results to Honda.
Disassemble failed/No Good parts- analysis the findings.
Why part failed on the vehicle?
Weekly report for all US Keihin market returns.
Maintain test machines.
6s cleaning and organize market quality garage.
I enjoy working with the Quality team.
Pros
Onsite clinic.
Productive and challenging work place
Project Management Administrator (Current Employee) –  Anderson, INJuly 19, 2016
Responsible for communicating amongst Lead Project Leaders (LPL’s) to maintain up to date project status. Worked hand in hand with LPL’s to make sure all projects are meeting report milestones and request management support if needed. Responsible for updating overall project status sheets and hosting meetings with upper management.
Like any place good and bad
Forklift Operator/yard switcher (Former Employee) –  Capac, MIJuly 10, 2016
So I worked here for about 3 in a half yrs. Was on the accord line for 6 weeks. Was very fast moving environment. They time you with a stop watch and if you can't hit cycle time they'll have no problem getting rid of you. I then worked in shipping and receiving the rest of my time there. I enjoyed that very much. It was more my kind of work and what I was experienced with. My boss in shipping was great and very repectful. I was never denied vaction or time off. I learned how to drive a yard switcher backing semi trailers in and out of docks. This led me to get my cdl and eventually leave for a driving position. I enjoyed that part but the pay was not the best. Wether you were on a assembly line or a Hilo driver or a yard switcher you made the same money. It didn't pay to advance and learn more just got you off the line and away from the horrible line coordinators. They only care about numbers and if you couldn't do it they'd have no problem getting someone to replace you. Like said when I went to shipping it was a better environment then the line. The benefits and shutdowns and vaction were great but the threatening production management was terrible. Not to mention all the product had to be sorted constantly due to the fast threatening work environment
Pros
Shutdowns paid for vactions and air conditing
Cons
Horrible bosses who talk down and threaten production workers. Pay as well
Good first internship
die cast manufacture engineering intern (Current Employee) –  Greenfield, INMay 31, 2016
I learned a lot about the manufacturing engineering and gained valuable work experience and learned more about electrical engineering and how it interacts with mechanical engineering

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Keihin North America. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8