Keiser University Employee Reviews

Hostile manager
Clinical Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLNovember 17, 2017
The manager at this place would use profanity at work all the time. She was very unprofessional. She would call me after working hours to complain about students.
very fun place to work
Financial Aid Officer (Current Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLNovember 11, 2017
I accomplished a lot during the day with the amount of time given to each project. My manager was great and really wanted her staff to excel. Plus, the health insurance is paid after three years of service.
Pros
free health insurance
Cons
micro management
Family Oriented
Associate Director (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLNovember 7, 2017
Keiser University was a very family oriented place to work. The university had two objectives...Work with integrity and treat everyone fairly. It was a very fun environment to work.
Teaching Nights
English Teacher (Former Employee) –  Port Saint Lucie, FLNovember 3, 2017
I taught three nights a week and classes were four hours long. Teachers go to their classrooms and do not see each other. I only met my "Manager" once when she interviewed me. There is no actual "Job Culture" there. It is fine as adjunct work.
Pros
Good adjunct job
Cons
No support or camaraderie
Great Opportunity for Young Professional
Registrar (Former Employee) –  Doral, FLOctober 20, 2017
Being a registrar is a great experience for a young professional looking for an entry level position. If you are interested in getting your feet wet in higher education, I would suggest becoming a registrar.

A registrar is a liaison for all departments, and that's how you learn the machine of the education "industry."
Pros
Cons
Discretionary
excellent place to teach
Program Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLOctober 10, 2017
Enjoy my time teaching at Keiser University. Loved my students and had a passion for the subject matter. Management is filled with MBA's versus teachers but overall had a great experience.
Pros
autonomy, benifits, students, vacation
Cons
management didn't understand teachers
stressful atmosphere, poor management
Admissions Counselor (Former Employee) –  Pembroke Pines, FLOctober 2, 2017
Pay was good but employee moral was always low, poor management, they never encouraged employees but instead picked on, higher ups were unethical and had no morals
Pros
good pay
Cons
poor management, unethical behavior
great fun relaxed place to work
Work Study Student (Current Employee) –  Lakeland, FLOctober 1, 2017
enjoyable, fun and everyone is very nice. I never had a bad day working here. everyone is always whiling to help you with any questions. they're very flexible with your school schedule as well.
long time ago
Adjunct Faculty, Keiser College (now called (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLSeptember 28, 2017
It was a long time ago since I taught at Keiser. At the time labs were not great. I left as soon as I got the opportunity to teach at the local community college.
Part time Employment
Online Instructor (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLSeptember 28, 2017
I worked part time at Keiser University, Jacksonville. I had to leave the position for full time employment. My experience only relates to the college in Jacksonville.
Committed to university culture
Clinical Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLSeptember 27, 2017
Keiser University has its own goals and philosophies and fosters an environment that upholds these goals and philosophies. I was hired as a novice and had ample opportunity to obtain experience.
College Admissions
Associate Director of Admissions (Former Employee) –  Ft. Lauderdale, FLSeptember 12, 2017
Keiser University is a not-for-profit online university based out of Ft. Lauderdale, FL. The schedules varied to accommodate potential students in all time zones.
part time instructor
EKG/Phlebotomy CE Instructor (part-time) (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, FLSeptember 5, 2017
Great management and staff along with good student population. Enjoyed working with the school and students. I would love to go back and work with them again. Awesome school reputation.
Poor management
Didactic and Clinical Faculty (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLSeptember 4, 2017
Expectations beyond what it possible, endless committees and meetings. The students were able to grieve their grades when they truly did not work to get passing grades and were given "second chance" tests. The current director asks the students to call with NCLEX questions right after they take the test.
Non-traditional educational environment
English Professor (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 4, 2017
Keiser University caters to students of all ages, recent high school graduates to career changers to ex-military to post-ESOL, and provides a welcome professional challenge working with non-traditional college students.
Pros
Professional atmosphere requiring business dress
Cons
4-week courses limit time for mastery and reflection
Glorified Telemarketers
Admissions Counselor (Current Employee) –  Daytona Beach, FLSeptember 3, 2017
You have budgets/quotas every start. They will threaten to fire you if you don't meet daily call & enrollment quotas. Disrespectful management. AWFUL.
Pros
Pay, great allied health school
Cons
DOA & ADOA are bullies.
Productive and Busy Place
Financial Aid Officer (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLAugust 30, 2017
A typical day at Keiser. You are constantly working on a task and students are constantly coming in with questions. As a worker, you would need to practice patience and multitasking.

I learned a lot at Keiser. I learned to be patient. I learned how to use different database programs.

The management team is good at working with their team. You become a family but when it comes to the number of hours you will work. You will work more than eight.

The hardest part of the job is not being available to satisfy all students with their request and the hours that you work.

The most enjoyable part of working at Keiser is being able to make a difference and meeting all kinds of people.
Stressful
Student Financial Representative (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLAugust 27, 2017
Very stressful job. The working hours are not great. Management team need improvement. Not a happy environment. I feel as if I'm working in sale or collection. From my opinion , they don't have that view of student first.
Pros
location
Cons
work hours
Very student oriented
Associate Director of Financial Aid (Current Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLAugust 23, 2017
the culture is based around their students which is great. support from management could be stronger but satisfied with my tenure at this organization. There are alot employees that have been employed for over 10 years and that is great. Dr. Keiser and others at the main campus are great leaders and at the end of the day they are looking out for the best interest of the students and employees. Thanks KU...
Pros
salary
Cons
management support
Co workers and student were a pleasure president and management were a mess
Graduate School Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLAugust 21, 2017
Once they decided to close the grad campus and only offer on line classes they let go of me .Eventhough I had seniority at the main campus over the 2nd receptionist
Pros
The pay was fine
Cons
Position are not secur I believe their reasons for letting us go were untruthful