Keiser University Employee Reviews

Great job, must be a teamplayer and accountable
Communications (Current Employee) –  FloridaJuly 28, 2016
I work in a very collaborative environment at KU where opinions are valued, accountability and teamwork are required, and results are recognized. I've learned that the organization gives back to you what you give to it. My co-workers work as one unit and no task is too big or small for anyone, ever. The hardest part of the job is a feeling that you may have not done enough, although you might feel like you've done as much as you could, or that the trends are outpacing you. The most enjoyable part of the job is when external audiences acknowledge what we know internally, which is the value of the education we provide.
Pros
Upward mobility encouraged; inclusive approach, long-term employees, accessible administration
Cons
Somedays the work just doesn't feel like its ever done
Good employer
Regional Director (Current Employee) –  Ft. Lauderdale, FLJuly 28, 2016
I've worked at KU for nine years and find that I have never had the same day twice. With new programs, new students and new locations there is always something else to learn about. Interactions with the students are my favorite part of my job because it is wonderful to hear their stories and to learn how their lives are changing for the better thanks to their educational journey. The management always takes the time to listen and the benefits are comparable to other places I have worked. It is hard to leave work behind when I go on vacation because I truly enjoy what I do.
Pros
family-like atmosphere, good benefits, open door policy, charitable employer very active with a variety of organizations
Cons
It would be nice to have faster internet connection and wifi that is consistent and faster
Excellent environment, it's all about the students!
Part time instructor (Current Employee) –  FloridaJuly 28, 2016
Excellent environment, you're provided with all the tools you need to do your job and more, everyone is so friendly and helpful. Management is very approachable and in everything that you do, it's easy to see it's all about the students.
Pros
Everyone is so friendly and helpful, like a community
Cons
None that I can think of right now.
The tasks are mundane and tedious. No room for creativity.
Developer (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLJuly 28, 2016
Over worked with no satisfaction at the end of the day. Every process is archaic. The co-workers are great and all hangs in there as long as they can until they can not take the tasks anymore and eventually leaves. Moral is always low. The only reason anyone lasts as long as they do at this company is because of the great co-workers.
Pros
Medical benefit is good
Cons
Great opportunity to help students find their career path.
Admissions Counselor (Former Employee) –  Pembroke Pines, FLMay 27, 2016
Lots of phone work while trying to enroll students into a program that will maximize their education. Keiser is a private university which focuses on small classrooms that will provide students with individualized attention.
Pros
comfortable office atmosphere
Cons
some students make up excuses for going back to school
A great place to work
Registrar/PDSO to SEVIS (Former Employee) –  Sarasota, FLApril 29, 2016
Keiser is a great university with a very student focused approach to education. The management team works well to involve co works at all levels in decision making and campus awareness. It was one of my most challenging and rewarding jobs.
Cons
Limited time off for holidays
Greatest turnover since apple turnovers were invented.
Professor (Former Employee) –  Pembroke Pines, FLApril 23, 2016
Admissions Reps, Professors, customer relations, are fired or quit more than any company that I have ever seen!
One ex was fired, NOT ME, after four years and she has cancer!
COLD HEARTED MANAGEMENT
Pros
schools are closed often
Cons
mismanagement, hostile work environment, cold heartless management
Good Expedrience
Adm. Assistant to Dean of Academic Affairs (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLApril 19, 2016
Enjoyed working with Faculty, Staff and Students. Exciting and busy work place. Great working environment. Very Fast pace.
Pros
Exciting Place to Work
Cons
No Cons
Great job, Great people,
Admissions Counselor (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLApril 7, 2016
This position will keep you busy and motivated as you motivate students
I have learned many useful skills such as time management, Student record management,calling and following up with students.Co-workers are always helpful and caring towards each other.
There are no hard parts because all new employees are trained professionally.
The most enjoyable part is when a student is enrolled and you know that the student's life will never be the same as it was.
Pros
Fast paced which makes the days flow faster.
Cons
N/A
Excellent company to work for
Financial Aid Analyst (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLMarch 17, 2016
Upper management recognize people who performs well; however, salaries are little slow comparing to competititon. Overall, they treat you as a part of a big family.
Pros
Health benefits, paid time off
Cons
salary
I enjoyed teaching my students
PROGRAM COORDINATOR/CLASSROOM INSTRUCTOR (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLJanuary 30, 2016
I felt that the salary should have been better for me because I was a program Coordinator. Other than that the job was very rewarding for me as a instructor.
Cons
Salary
Well Balanced
Admissions Counselor (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLJanuary 20, 2016
You get what you put into it.
Typical office politics.
Will work weekends.
Various different schedules.
Hard to move up.
glorified telemarketer
Admissions Counselor (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, FLJanuary 17, 2016
you are told in the interview that you will be advising students 1 on 1; but it is mostly making outbound calls ; 80 t0 100 per day; you feel like a glorified telemarketer; required to be responsible for every part of admitting a student including financial aid which should be their responsibility; everyting falls back on admissions counselor- good or bad; must know every aspect of all the programs; kind of learn as you go after basic training; rules change and programs change constantly;praised if you make the goals; treated like a failure if not. coworkers are nice, but you work in a stuffy, dusty cubicle with no natural light or outside view. building is old and musty - will work everyday before and after a holiday and saturdays including christmas eve, day after christmas, nye, day after new years; MLK, labor day etc; you might get to go home early but wont find out until that day so you can not plan ahead. not allowed overtime, can not take time off until you earn PTO; must work 2 nights a week until 8 which makes 10 or 11 hour day. if you work sat you have to flex time ; can not exchange for day off during week; can not leave early on req late night or friday.
Pros
cooworkers
Cons
phone call quotas
Work at Keiser University online
Adjunct Faculty (Current Employee) –  Ft. Lauderdale, FLJanuary 15, 2016
I enjoy teaching students and helping them to feel what it is to be challenged and to succeed. This is so rewarding because everyone deserves to feel successful and supported.
Pros
work from home
Cons
absence of faces in the classroom
fast paced
Admissions Counselor (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, FLJanuary 5, 2016
stressful environment
doing every departments job
making a difference in the students lives is the best part
a lot of sales involve if your into sales
experience
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Fort LauderdaleDecember 24, 2015
Great company to work for, wonderful people .Great opportunity for continuing education. I have the opportunity to help others achieve their educational goals.
Great Place
Work Study (Current Employee) –  Lakeland, FLNovember 10, 2015
This is a great place to work as a student for the work study, very flexible hours, and very understanding of medical conditions or snafu's that happen.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
No health benefits
Rewarding Opportunity, Excellent Team
Director of Financial Aid, Associate Dean (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLOctober 26, 2015
I had the pleasure to work for Keiser University for over ten years. Under the leadership and guidance of many fine individuals, I had the opportunity to start as a novice in my field, and was able to learn and grow into positions of leadership. For those who are willing to learn the culture, and those who "get it", you have the opportunity to have a rewarding career in student focused higher education.
Pros
Student centered, abilty to impact
Cons
Some nights and Saturday work may be required, as workload demands
Direct Leadership
Financial Aid Officer (Former Employee) –  Port Saint Lucie, FLOctober 18, 2015
Leadership for my location was disrespectful, micromanaged, condescending to his employees, all of which lead to poor morale on the team.

Don't believe this one person was reflective of the overall practices of the company.
Good company
Professor of Nursing (Current Employee) –  Sarasota, FLOctober 16, 2015
Nice company need to compensate for jobs done by employeers. Need to provide time for vacations, time off and balance are a necessity for families.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Keiser University. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9