Keiser University

Keiser University Employer Reviews

Unique and Inviting Environement
NURSING ADMISSIONS COORDINATOR (Former Employee), West Palm Beach, FLSeptember 20, 2013
Working at Keiser University in the Admissions department was a wonderful experience! There is so very much to get done in the day but your team and management staff really provide you with all the tools to succeed. The West Palm Campus has such a professional and friendly atmosphere!
Excellent academic environment
Admissions Counselor (Current Employee), Sarasota, FLSeptember 14, 2013
Pros: access to a great body of academic leaders
Cons: long hours and weekends, holidays
Hours are typically longer than other institutions of higher learning.
The student interaction is positive
Awesome Workplace
Mathematics Professor (Adjunct) (Current Employee), Pembroke Pines, FLSeptember 12, 2013
Pros: free coffee
Keiser has Great students as an employee you select to work awesome schedules and there exists a very cordial environment.
From a student persepective
Student (Former Employee), Tampa FLSeptember 11, 2013
Keiser University is a great place to learn new skills, meet great people, and become accomplished. The OTA is fast paced, thorough, and worth every penny!
Diverse organization
Senior Bursar (Former Employee), Fort Lauderdale, FLAugust 28, 2013
Pros: diverse
Cons: lack organization at times
Keiser University is a very diverse and fast pace environment which allows a lot of interaction with different individuals from all walks of life.
A typical day
Assistant Director of Admissions (Current Employee), Port Saint Lucie, FLAugust 20, 2013
Pros: helping students
Greet everyone with a Good Morning
Check all emails and review any important information that needs to completed for the day.
Pull all reports and complete reports to be sent off to upper management.
Have one on one meetings with Employees as assigned per day.
Manage the Budget of High school enrollments
Making phones calls to students.
Interview students
Enroll – more... students – less
My background covers over 15 years of teaching, and mentoring students. The experiences in my career have placed me in numerous positions demonstrati
Full Time Faculty (Current Employee), Fort Lauderdale, FLAugust 16, 2013
Pros: i believe in taking care of students through building moral respects.
My faculty duties include teaching at least five classes per term. Evaluate new and existing students’ transcript. Track student on LDA list. Administer course observation (track improvement). My duties also include mentoring of new Professor to ensure they are familiar with our teaching platform and systems. I am the academic advisor for new and existing – more... Business students, further responsibilities include developing and updating business courses; advised students who may be on probation or close to academic dismissal on how to improve their grades; and monitor and track at risk students to ensure they are eligible to graduate.

Through the projection of self confidence, authority and enthusiasm, I am able to stimulate my students as well as my peers to promote group harmony and teamwork to maintain high moral. I implement strategies through a tactical approach, which allows me to turn defensive situations into supportive relationships with students and my peers. I believe in taking care of students through building moral respects. – less
Enriching experience in higher education
Senior Admissions Counselor (Former Employee), Fort Lauderdale, FLAugust 12, 2013
Keiser University helped me in relizing my passion for higher education and helping others relize theirs.
Work Study
Work Study (Former Employee), Melbourne, FLAugust 9, 2013
I'm glad I was able to do work study while attending school. It allowed me to start my troubleshooting experience.
Hard Work- Good Pay
Admissions Counselor (Current Employee), Melbourne FLAugust 5, 2013
Pros: people
Cons: phone calls
A typical day includes meeting with people and making phone calls.

I learned sales is not my thing.

Management is great.

My coworkers are fun. Very helpful. Very nice.

Phone calls are the hardest part of the job.

The best part? The people, students and staff.
Somewhat friendly workplace
Executive Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Fort Lauderdale, FLJuly 31, 2013
Pros: occasional luncheon
Cons: usually work through lunch
Typical work day is jam packed with many things to do.Work load is not distributed evenly. There are many people that have less to do than others.
Great education!
Ultrasound Department Classroom and Lab Instructor (Former Employee), Daytona Beach, FLJuly 31, 2013
Provided a great educational service for the State of Florida.
Solid Work Experience
Full Time Instructor (Former Employee), Pembroke Pines, FLJuly 25, 2013
 Facilitate in-class instruction; English Literature, English Composition and Interpersonal Communications, Research and Basic English
 Create class syllabus, class lesson plans and engage students in scholarly lectures
 Counsel with at-risk students and implement success plan
 Provide feedback on papers and administer grades
Beware
Instructor (Former Employee), FloridaJuly 19, 2013
Pros: teaching
Cons: working environment hostile, unethical practices
A typical day is hectic and chaos due to lack of planning and implementing programs, scheduling or changing programs without advising students. Management is dishonest, spiteful and lie to employees and students. Co-workers are too afraid to say anything or they are fired without reasons. Environment is hostile for employees. Classes are always interrupted – more... due to tours, scheduling, or the instructor is needed to do something else. Programs are started without internships set up in advance. The owners work in a bubble, do they know what is happening at their campuses? Unethical practices all around. – less
Not a place to work
Financial Aid Officer (Current Employee), Fort Lauderdale, FLJuly 2, 2013
Pros: food
Cons: benefits, bad corporate management, no work life balance
Very stressful job would not recommend you will meet great people but the work environment is not great.. Nothing but problems and policies that dont make sense. Dont work in financial aid if you want to have a life work somewhere else hours are long and the pay dont not compensate you for all the headache you will get from the job.
Keiser University - A great place to work
Program Director / Homeland Security Program (Current Employee), Tampa, FLJuly 2, 2013
Pros: ..
Cons: ...
Keiser University offers a relaxed and professional atmosphere.
student intern
Student Intern (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLJune 5, 2013
Pros: hands on experience
Cons: eating when there is time and sometimes there is no time
Learned how to be a nurse. I have always been compasionate and caring so I knew this was the right career for me. Its a very stressful job but its a very rewarding career
Non-Profit Private degree-granting institution
Admissions (Current Employee), Jacksonville, FLMay 31, 2013
Pros: salary
Cons: no flexibility in work schedule, paid time off, difficult to maintain a work-life balance
Student and faculty interaction, career counseling, enrollment support
Excellent encouraging enviroment
Associate Dean of Faculty (Current Employee), Fort Myers, FLMay 16, 2013
Students are groomed for the real world. Faculty, staff and administration are nurturing keep students success the forefront.
Student working there while attending
IT Assistant to MIS Network Administrator (Former Employee), Melbourne, FLMay 10, 2013
Pros: no comment
Cons: see below
good experience, learned many things not learned in classroom. In fact classroom instruction could have been much better, did not really get the education equal to the high price of the tuition. By the time I graduated, the school had all but abandoned it's IT curriculum and became a medical, health care career mill.

About Keiser University

Keiser University is a regionally accredited, private, career university offering master's, bachelor's and associate degrees. – Read more