Job Title: Real Estate Development Associate/Project Manager- Housing
Job Location: Providence, RI
Our client is one of Rhode Island’s largest non-profit housing developers with a portfolio consisting of over 600 units in the RI market. With a focus on design, development, construction and management of housing for low to moderate income families, our client believes strongly in their Mission and is looking for an individual with a similar passion to join their organization. The organization possesses a strong team atmosphere and a dynamic Board of Directors, and is highly respected within their sector and the community at large.
This position is an integral part of the Housing Development team and will help identify, close, and develop new housing sites. The Housing Development Associate will be reporting to the Director of Development. The Housing Development Associate will primarily be responsible for carrying out the development process of new projects. A strong background in architecture or construction is an asset for monitoring the construction of projects.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Development Project Management:
oCreate and monitor development proformas;
oManage of all property related development activities necessary to close on the project financing;
oCoordinate securing loan/equity commitments, manage the loan/equity closing process and ultimate closing on the loans/equity;
oSecure necessary zoning and site plan approvals;
oOversee and coordinate the work of the project architect;
oDevelop and update project schedules;
oDevelop a clear plan for obtaining environmental clearance for the project;
oParticipate in construction management process; including requisitions for funds;
oCoordinate bidding of construction contract to include design assistance, bidding and execution of construction contract and updating project proformas;
oBe actively involved in the lease-up/sale of the project.
- 1-3 years experience in housing development;
- Bachelor’s Degree with a Professional or Educational background in planning, architecture, economic development, law, finance or other related field;
- Must have experience in affordable multi-family project management. State housing finance experience is strongly preferred;
- Experience with HOME regulations, Low Income Housing Tax Credit program and New Market Tax Credits strongly preferred;
- Knowledgeable of zoning, land use regulations and real estate law;
- Must be able to speak publicly regarding the housing needs for working and low-income individuals and families within the area;
- Must be a proactive, highly organized individual;
- Must have a vehicle and be able to travel by car to regional sites frequently;