Who we are:
Keller Williams Realty Inc. is the #1 largest real estate franchise operation in the United States, with near 700 offices and 80,000 associates in the United States and Canada. The company, which began franchising in 1990, has an agent-centric culture that emphasizes access to leading-edge education and promotes an economic model that rewards associates as stakeholders and partners.
Keller Williams NYC is Manhattan-based franchise office; recently launched in 2011 and now ranked as in the top 10 of NYC’s largest brokerages. Our proven business model has led to rapid growth, and with more than 260 agents with us we are poised to change the landscape of the Manhattan residential real estate brokerage scene. Our goal... to be #1 brokerage firm in Manhattan in 5 years.
Internship in a nutshell:
This internship position is for savvy programmers and developers who have experience with HTML5, CSS3, PHP and MUST HAVE additional experience in open-source CMS (Drupal and WordPress, etc.) Successful applicants will be responsible for generating new code and modifying existing code on several websites operated by Keller Williams NYC. You will work alongside our onsite team and in conjunction with our third party, and gain an understanding of handling multiple projects and professional development workflow.
What you’ll do:
- Work with our development team (in- and out- house)
- Assist with the design and implementation of updates and new features to the kwnyc.com website
- Develop and edit designs HTML/CSS templates for other web projects and the official company blog
- Optimize pre-existing content to include call–to–action statements, headlines, page titles, and various meta-data
- Be based out of our Park Avenue office and commit to approximately 20 hours a week for at least 12 weeks
Requirements & Skills
- Undergraduate student or recent graduate with a major in Computer Science or related field
- Proficient in HTML (HTML 5 is a plus)
- Proficient in CSS (CSS 3 is a plus)
- Experience with PHP programming
- Extensive experience in open-source CMS (Drupal and WordPress a MUST, others helpful.)
What you’ll get:
- College credit
- An awesome resume reference from a national brand
- Connections in the real estate and finance industries
- Perks (i.e. metro card, lunch, invites to events) will be considered
- Opportunities for employment
- A place you’ll love working (and we have ping pong!)
How to apply:
- Respond to this ad and submit a resume and cover letter as a PDF file (preferred) or cut and paste into email/form. File types other than PDFs will not be opened. Please include a brief personal intro and let us know why you think this internship is a fit for you and what the most important thing is for you to get out of this internship. Also please include links to any sample portfolio work.
Keller Williams NYC is committed to providing equal employment opportunity (EEO) and will make employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, sexual preference, gender identity or gender expression, veteran status, marital status, disability, or any other characteristic protected under applicable laws and regulations. Under the Americans with Disabilities Act and other applicable laws Keller Williams NYC will provide reasonable accommodation to disabled applicants upon request during the application process to ensure equal opportunities to be considered for employment.
In compliance with the Immigration Control and Reform Act of 1986, Keller Williams NYC will hire only U.S. citizens and aliens lawfully authorized to work in the United States. Keller Williams NYC does not generally provide sponsorship or employment visa status. Employment by Keller Williams NYC is contingent upon completing Form I-9 Employment Eligibility Verification, education verification, and satisfactory reference and background checks.