Keller Williams Realty Employee Reviews

Great Culture, Truly a Career worth having
Transaction Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Lancaster, PAFebruary 10, 2017
Keller Williams mission statement is to create careers worth having, businesses worth owning, and lives worth living. The company as a whole lives up to this statement. As a Transaction Coordinator, my typical work day involves communicating with lenders, agents, attorneys, and clients regarding transaction details and due dates. I gather documentation, schedule inspections and various contract work, and stay on top of upcoming milestones for each file.
Pros
Flexible schedule and enthusiastic culture
Cons
Lack of benefits
Provided real estate needs to customers
Realtor (Former Employee) –  DeSoto, TXDecember 20, 2016
On a typical day I answered incoming calls as well as made outbound calls to potential customers. I also would follow up with previous clients a least once a quarter.
Training on a weekly basis and group meetings once a week. My co workers were supportive in helping with work load and answering questions.
Each day you decided if you wanted to work in or outside of the office.
The hardest part of the job was if you where working with a client for some time and for reasons out of your control the contract did not close or time or not at all. The disappointment sometimes you had to provide the news to the customers.
Negotiation was a must in this line of work. Location, location, location was one of the few words that we used everyday to explain some truth to making a contract more attractive.
Some of the most rewarding moments is giving the keys to a first time home buyer and seeing their families face. The memory is priceless.
Pros
salary and flexibility
Cons
commission not grantee
Very Good Learning Eviornment for Real Estate Professionals
California Licensed Real Estate Agent (Current Employee) –  Beverly Hills, CAJanuary 25, 2017
Keller Williams has a really good training program that benefits new real estate agents and experienced real estate agents. There is also a team atmosphere that can benefit the career of a real estate professional. There is an environment that can develop a top producing residential or commercial real estate professional.
fun work environment
Office/ Agent assistant (Current Employee) –  Asheville, NCSeptember 21, 2016
A typical day at work consist of balancing and managing the bank accounts, paying bills, making business calls, scheduling important events, running errands, and listing properties online. I have gained great social and professional skills working for Keller Williams. I now have better knowledge of advanced programs on the computer and have a better understanding a an assistants job. Every single day i learn something new which can sometimes be challenging but also great because I'm always up for new ideas. The one thing i am looking for in a job that i do not have now is some type of benefits.
Pros
treated well, good pay
Cons
no healthcare
Great place for new agents
Office Manager/ Realtor (Former Employee) –  Clarksville, TNJanuary 10, 2017
They provide a lot of training and assistance for new agents and are very motivating. Commission splits are high especially if you are on a team.
Pros
Potential to make a lot of money if you work hard
Cons
no job security in this market, no benefits package
Great people. Low compensation.
Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  Fort Lee, NJDecember 17, 2016
Great people. Pro-technology and training. Lunch is brought in for staff often. Health benefits offered to staff. Poor work / life balance. Low compensation. Socio-Political hierarchy in staff & management.
Pros
low compensation
Cons
poor work life balance
Very friendly people positive enviorment
Licensed Manicurist (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CANovember 22, 2016
Everyone is up beat and very helpful. lots of great training this is one of the best places I have ever worked. I need to get out and find some buyers. I also need to educate people on the great grant programs that are out ther here in California..
Pros
lots of training and sometimes free lunches great people
Cons
I need a more consistent pay check and benifits
Fast-paced environment with a variety of tasks
Marketing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 2, 2017
Flexible hours. Learned what it is like for a detailed individual to work with a non detail oriented person in a fast paced environment. Enjoyed reassuring clients that their needs would be met.
Pros
Flexible hours, fast paced, varied responsibilities, lots of interaction
Cons
No benefits
A typical day at work
Realtor (Current Employee) –  Lakeland, FLNovember 2, 2016
A typical day starts with self motivation. You are your own boss so. I make sure that I organize my time and make all my calls for my clients and future customers as well as set appointments for showings, and complete all necessary paperwork. Everyone in the office is very friendly and it feels like we are all a part of a team.
Pros
Always meeting new people
Cons
There are no healthcare benefits
Work is enjoyable and likable environment
Closing Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Johnson City, TNAugust 8, 2016
Job requires handling all clients contract to close. I had prior knowledge of mortgage and title side of closings and enjoyed learning and handling clients on real estate transaction side. Enjoy working with multiple agents, closing agents and lenders. Enjoy making it possible for clients to make a home purchase, coordinating all ends and working through the challenges. Enjoy helping others, which includes agents, clients and all parties involved in the closing process.
Pros
enjoy company, opportunities and training
Cons
no benefits, low pay for work load

Want to know more about Keller Williams Realty?

Ask a question
A great nurturing place to work!
REALTOR (Current Employee) –  2901 Emrick Blvd., Suite 100, Bethlehem, PA 18020January 23, 2017
As it is based solely on a Commission split, you need to hustle, but very flexible for working hours! Great coaching and training program!!
Pros
Training, commission structure, profit sharing
Cons
Commission only, no benefits
Great learning opportunity with a very team oriented staff.
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Porterville, CADecember 30, 2016
Here at Keller Williams i was a sales assistant to the Team Lead Agent. Each day there was something new to learn and do. We would start the day reviewing files and following up with all client calls/emails. Here i learned how to do market research and perfect my customer service skills by communicating via email and telephone to many different people. Management was obsolete for the most part, due to the agents being mostly independent, yet there were constant opportunities provided for agents to increase their knowledge about the business and technological advancements. I worked closely with many other seasoned agents, all were inviting and helpful. The hardest part of the job was tracking down documents from other agents/title companies. The most enjoyable part was the team bonding and culture that came from the experience.
Pros
Having a fun work environment while cultivating advanced communication skills.
Cons
Unpredictable pay
Only an intern but had fun!
Social Media/Marketing Intern (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAAugust 29, 2016
I was only an intern when I was with Keller Williams, but I did enjoy my time there. I can't speak on their pay or benefits, or even the job security either, but it was overall a good experience. Everyone I dealt with was wonderful!
Pros
lots of work place freedom
Great Company
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Clarksville, TNNovember 29, 2016
Was a realtor for a few months. Great compensation. 70/30. Great training and support provided by KW. Would recommend for an agent to work there. Good luck!
Not the best suitable office for me.
Sales/Listing Manager (Former Employee) –  Schertz, TXJune 13, 2016
Keller Williams Heritage has a nice team of co-workers. However it does not offer any types of benefits. If you are one that doesn't mind staying put at your desk thru your lunch then you will work great with the office manager. Not very family oriented, regardless if its a child that sick, yourself or if you even a death in the family. My experience there was not the best however I really enjoyed my work and the other employees in the office.
This is a very positive work enviroment
Realtor /Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Northfield, NJJuly 6, 2016
This position is a self motivating commission only position, I do love my career in real estate and would hope for some more benefits in the future to go with the current downward economy.
KELLER WILLIAMS as a whole is a Great Company
Real Estate Broker (Current Employee) –  Conway, ARFebruary 5, 2017
Mostly work from home. Love the technology that allows us to work from home. Really looking for a Broker role. I have learned a lot from my experience as a Realtor. Management at the Little Rock office has had many changes since 2006. The workplace culture is Great. The hardest part of the job is the expenses (no clear printout from office about cost of doing business) and taxes. The most enjoyable part of the job is that you are always learning, no two days are the same.
Pros
Easy cap, freedom.
Cons
No direct deposit, no courier service.
The office is very professional
Realtor/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Torrance, CAJuly 4, 2016
I enjoy working here and in the field of Real Estate because it gives me the option of setting my own hours and make as much as I want.
Pros
Work when you want
Cons
No Benefits
Great Culture, Great Bonus, but not so great base pay
Training and Implementation Manager ­ KWW (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJuly 7, 2016
Keller Williams is a great place to work, depending on what is important to you in an employer. The leadership is fantastic, and they always make you feel like an important piece of the team.

The amount of paid time off they give you is great. And depending on your boss and role, they allow you to work remotely a decent amount of the time.

On a day to day basis, the workplace is very laid back, but your actual workload can get overwhelming. This is due to the philosophy there. The company believes in saving money throughout the year, so that they can provide the employees with a nice end of year bonus. But that means being short on resources throughout the year.

Compensation is average, but only when you factor in that end of year bonus, which is not guaranteed. It seems like they can justify a lower base salary because of that. However, it makes it hard to leave - if you have already worked half the year, you would be throwing away a big chunk of cash, so you may as well stay until you get the bonus. If you plan on working here forever, then that shouldn't be much of an issue for you.

That being said, there is room for growth within the company, but you will not get substantial pay increases. If you are hired at a relatively low base, you are pretty much doomed to stay low forever - you don't get large bumps based on merit, workload, or performance. You will just get a fancy arbitrary title change, with not much else.
Pros
Laid back atmosphere, great leadership, culture, paid time off
Cons
Compensation, limited resources
Great training programs
Realtor (Current Employee) –  Danville, CA 94526February 6, 2017
Good training programs. Management team encourages sales teams to take advantage of the classes provided.

Career growth is solely up to you. You can remain as a realtor, or you can pursue your broker's license. There's no pressure.

But you need to generate your own leads, as there's no free leads.
Pros
Good training
Cons
Zero leads

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Keller Williams Realty. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4