Kelley Construction

Kelley Construction Employer Reviews

Self-employment
Sub Contractor (Current Employee), Hot Springs, ARJune 27, 2014
Pros: flexible work schedule
Cons: construction decrease
When business is good, it's great. When business is slow, there is a lack of income.
Very dysfunctional, unorganized, and a lot of safety violation.
Equipment operator (Former Employee), Louisville, KentuckyMarch 30, 2014
Cons: to many to list
I worked for Kelley Constitution for about 6 months, and I should have left sooner.
There are some good guys working there, however for the most part the management is extremely unqualified. I would be sent to a job for a few days then sent to another job for a week, and then sent home for 3 weeks.
It would take 2 or 3 months to get reimbursement for – more... gas or anything that I paid for.
Also they MAKE two guys room together, no matter what, and most of their workers are drunks.
Kelley Constitution is the laughing stock of the petroleum industry. – less
Productive, Family Business
Secretary (Current Employee), Pierre, SDMay 20, 2013
Kelley Construction is very family orientated. They are a great bunch to work with, and I've learned a lot in the years I've been with them.
Great Life experience
Summer job as laborer (Former Employee), Englewood, TNFebruary 21, 2013
Pros: great life skills
Cons: potential for heat exhaustion
I thoroughly enjoyed working with Kelley Construction. It was my grandfathers company so he gave me a great deal of responsibility while I was there. It taught me a lot about effective management along with great life skills. The hardest part of the job for me was the intense heat on some days when it was in the high 90s.
Work Place Consultant
Owner/Contractor (Former Employee), Blue Springs, MODecember 14, 2012
Pros: health insurance
Cons: some people not being team players
I do well in cold calling. I learned how to consult with clients in the positive of ways. I work well with Management. I am a team player. The hardest part: was bid situations. I enjoyed the presentations that I did, working with AutoCAD programs.
it's an ok company to work for
Concrete finisher / Carpenter (Current Employee), Louisville, KYJuly 21, 2012
Pros: always kept busy
Cons: racial slurs
Kelley construction is ok but there is alot of race issues concerning hispanics/ African American from a few of the workers, but I have learned to not pay attention to their remarks.