Kellogg Company Employee Reviews

Found 1,170 reviews matching the search
Fun place to work with good people.
Warehouse Specialist (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 22, 2017
kellogs is an ecellent place to work. I found the supervisors to be capable and well trained. the employees were helpful and team oriented. The pay and benefits packages are great
Pros
great environment
Cons
short breaks
they laid us all off
Territory Manager (Former Employee) –  Scranton, PASeptember 21, 2017
good job while it lasted. product went into all warehouses and they laid off all the reps. treated us well at severance with payments, car, and cell phone. fast paced and went to six to ten stores a day.
making sure my back stock was clean and stack neat
Territory Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 18, 2017
I really enjoy my job it was very challenging everyday but fun. I learned to write store order and displays. I learned how to build endcaps and displays and stackbase . merchandise product to the shelf and rotation and write store credits as well.the workplace was layed back work at my paste. The most enjoyablbe was talking with my customers and mangers.
Pros
having our company parties and taking the TRS and sales rep. out to lunch
Cons
had the best healtcare plan and vacation
Good place to work.
Driver (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNSeptember 18, 2017
Was a good company until they shut us DOWN! Poor upper management. They are just trying to save a buck at thousands of employees expense. Not a cool move Kelloggs.
good people to work with
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Zanesville, OHSeptember 18, 2017
a good place to work, good people
fast passed, many things to think about to repair equipment,
challenging, allowed to be creative in repairs to make some equipment better. makes you think on your feet, plenty of refrance materials to work with
Pros
good working enviroment
Cons
some supervisors need to go
Always chasing unrealistic sales quotas.
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOSeptember 17, 2017
This company is fading fast. They laid off 1700 workers recently. I would not suggest joining this company on any level. Long hours for little compensation. They keep adding more responsibilities with no addition of compensation.
Exellent Employer
Club Cracker/ Saltine Cracker Technician (Former Employee) –  Jackson, TNSeptember 17, 2017
Relaxed place to work, Very good MGT.,Great benefits and very careing employer.I loved working there.The pay was great and help with issues was excellent.I loved the team work we had together because we worked together and helped each other solve problems so we could keep production going for our company. Kelloggs is a great place to work very stable company I would recomend this company to everyone.They teach you leadership skills that you will need down the road.I liked the pass down meetings we had so we would know what was going on when we start our shift.If I didn't have to move at the time I would still be an employee at Ke.lloggs.
Cons
Health care expensive
Focus on Sales
Market Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LASeptember 17, 2017
Focusing on Sales, Understand the customers needs.
Organization is a must.
Proper communication with Management is key.
Working as a team, team building actives.
Long hours and a lot of traveling
Satisfaction of knowing you have done all you can do to make you and your company great by a job well done.
Pros
Insurance benifits, Paid vacations, 401K
Cons
Long Hours, Travel
Very Stressful. Ran by corporate with no idea of the impact to the plant.
Operations Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Muncy, PASeptember 16, 2017
The Bad: Corporate mandates different "time suck" reports and meetings done hourly, making it very hard to run a line efficiently. If you are promoted from within, the pay is lower than if you come in from the outside. No pension. Mediocre health benefits for the premiums we pay. We used to be a family oriented company, the current Aussie CEO and his regime have dismantled that culture. We are now profit/investor driven.

The good: Good pay for this area. No shortage of overtime. Money is no object for production (within reason). Decent PTO policy. Production managers are great to work with/for. Paid lunches.
Pros
Paid lunches. Decent pay.
Cons
Very stressful. Long hours with few days off at times.
Fast paced sales
Kellogg's Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Battle Creek, MISeptember 15, 2017
Long hours with many different stops and conversations/sales pitches. Mostly dealing with Wal-Mart's. will have to figure out what makes everyone tick to make day to day sales. Need to adapt quickly.
Benefits
Cons
Balance
Productive work
Lead/assitant supervisor (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 15, 2017
Fast pace enviroment
Goog benefits and good pay..long hours but is a good place to work for. They shutdown every distribution center nation wide thats why i had ro relocate
Position responsibilities unbalanced
CPG Sales and Operations Leader (Current Employee) –  Boston, MASeptember 14, 2017
Learned the importance of ime management
Prioritize & delegate responsibility in order to stay on pace
Hold self and others Accountability
Managing change
Its all about money
Territory Manager (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VASeptember 14, 2017
Your review is based solely on your performance compared to your unreasonable budget regardless of what anyone with the company says. Basically, if you don't hit your budget, you're not doing your job.
Pros
You can somewhat work your own schedule.
Cons
Time off, if you want Friday off work 12 hours Thursday, if a merchandiser fails to show you have to do their job too
Great job while it lasted
Delivery Driver/Warehouse (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCSeptember 13, 2017
Was told on conferences call around March that 39 distribution centers would be closing July 28- we all would be out of a job- fortunately i had enough years to retire
Trashy workplace
Production Supervisor (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CASeptember 13, 2017
If you're good at lying and sucking up to the right people, this is a place for you. Management team is a joke.This place is not about what you know but who you know. If you are starting your career, this is not a good place to learn and advance your career. You won't learn anything but to see how some managers or supervisors can get away with laziness.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Too much politics
productive
YARD DRIVER/SHIPPING (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GASeptember 12, 2017
working at Kellogg was a challenge because you never no where you going to work at that day,learn to be prepare to work in any department.management was to relax the workplace was okay.the hardest part of the job was adjusted to department temperature one might be 85 degree and one might be 50 degree.i love the pay.
Seasons Change...
Manager (Current Employee) –  MichiganSeptember 11, 2017
Not the company that I grew up in. Management leaves something to be desired and priorities continually change. We cut too deep and now we are paying.
Pros
Wage, Benefits, Work/Life Balance
Cons
Management, Unsettling and changing Priorities
fun place to work
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDSeptember 11, 2017
company in flux now . no stability. lots of talent leaving . Everyone waiting for the other shoe to drop.not stable, not stable, company in flux not stable
Kellogg still remains one of best places to work.
Utility Operator (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NESeptember 11, 2017
Learned to work as a team player,learned numorus jobs in processing of food,packing of food and shipping of product out the door.Also spent time on the training program.
Pros
Can make whole lot of money!
Cons
Spend lots of time their.
horrible company to work for
merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Albany, GASeptember 11, 2017
kelloggs treats their employees very poorly i would not recommend anyone to work for them. i worked for them for 2 years and was not treated very fairly only being given 15 hours a week with a family to support and no benifits and knowing that there was plenty of work i could have been doing. and the company forced my direct supervisor to do it all because he was a salaried employee.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kellogg Company. Our community is ready to answer.