Kellogg Company Employee Reviews

Merchandiser Part Time.
Part Time Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNOctober 28, 2016
By far the worst company I have ever worked for. My immediate manager was awesome, but terrible upper management. Was informed after 4 years that I along with many others were being laid off, then they hired all new employees the next week, well they are trying to hire new employees. Box sizes were downsized a few years ago and the price went up.

No compensation for driving your own vehicle, the only company I could find that didn't pay for mileage and gas.

Low pay. No raises. had to ask for raises,.
Pros
Good workout
Cons
To many to list.
Over Worked
Full-Time Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Akron, OHNovember 12, 2016
Typical day of work is 6-8 stores a day. Limited on time of work. Enjoyable when working alone. Hardest part is having a life out of work. You bring work home. Working under a so called hourly budget during the week is not well planned out.
Pros
Mileage Paid. Weekly Paychecks. Free Work Shirts. Samples. Meetings.
Cons
Over worked, To much to do in so little time, Schedule of hours in a day is scattered, Don't have a set time period when to start or when you finish.
Great Job if you get the right boss
Operations Coordinator (Former Employee) –  MichiganNovember 21, 2016
Was released after more than a decade because my boss had been harrasing me and I went inpatient at mental facility. Complained to HR a bunch of times. He was finally fired and then so was I after treatment and release to go back to work.
When I filed paperwork for Americans with Disabilities Act, 7 days to the date they told me my job was being "absorbed" by restructuring.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
no HR support
My take on Kellogg's as an employer
Mixer/Baker (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GAOctober 7, 2016
Mostly self supervised, more aware of work procedures than supervisors. Able to diagnose and correct problems that may sometimes occur. Worked sometimes 12-16 hours as it was necessary for relief to appear for work before leaving job. The pay was good as were the benefits, however when the company decided to close the plant no consideration was given to employees who were within 6 months of retiring in re bridging service. Management--with the exception of a few--were more concerned about themselves rather than the quality of product produced. Management showed little concern for the well being of the employees in the work place.
Pros
Pay and benefits
Cons
Unqualified supervisors
Decent place to work, if you don't mind driving your own car.
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Battle Creek, MISeptember 29, 2016
Its usually cool, but some stores are horrible, you may run into workers that doesn't like vendors some they take there attitude out on you. You will learn how to rotate, stock and maintain the product. Your managers give horrible instructions that are never clear. When you try to contact them they never answer. The hardest part of the job is when your trying to complete the job but you need to speak with your manager but they don't answer, so you can finish up.
Pros
You work alone and somewhat on your own time
Cons
Have to drive your own Vehicle
Dirty rotten company.
Part-Time Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Tupelo, MSNovember 21, 2016
I was a part-time merchandiser they quit scheduling me for work. Then quit contacting me all together. Never gave me a reason. Never told me why. Didn't even pay me my last pay check. Don't work for them. They suck. My RSR blocked my number. My manager would respond to my emails or texts. What cowards. By the way I was only employed for a single month.
Pros
Not working there anymore
Cons
All around poor company!
Poor company
Supply Chain (Current Employee) –  Jackson, TNSeptember 19, 2016
Kellogg has a very poor culture, does not provide opportunities for advancement, without standard processes or practices in place. The culture and the minimal and inconsistent advancement opportunities makes this a very miserable company to work for. Trouble retaining talent and attracting young graduates. Beware if considering joining Kellogg.
Pros
relatively high pay and bonuses
Cons
poor healthcare benefits, poor culture, no advancement, very traditional and outdated practices
Decent Job
Territory Service Representative, August 29 (Former Employee) –  Jupiter, FLNovember 26, 2016
When i first started, it was a great job with a great work-life balance.
Then i was put under poor management. My immediate mangers were did not care about me or the stores i represented and it made my life very difficult. I enjoyed working for them only because i got to interact with people on a daily basis.
Pros
some benefits like vehicle reimbursement
Cons
poor management
productive but crazy enviroment
Team Lead (Warehouse Associate) (Former Employee) –  College Park, GASeptember 9, 2016
In my point of view i think the workers could be more productive with more breaks specially for the older people working on the assembly line, allowance to drink water when needed as long as it doesn't slow down yours or others workers production. also management could be a little more down to earth letting people work and communicating as adults when a problem comes up rather than making them feel like slaves.but over all the checks looked good so i enjoyed my time there
Pros
always had overtime, but off during holidays.
Cons
not enough breaks for the amount of hours or the type of labor we performed.
Keeping your job at Kellogg's is a job in it's self.
Bakery Worker\ (Former Employee) –  Wyoming, MISeptember 8, 2016
I must start by saying Kellogg's is a safe clean place to work. If you want to work 84 hours a week on an 8 hr schedule that will rotate from coming in 4 hours early or 4 hours over seven days a week, with minimal notice. Most of this time will be spent waiting for one level of incompetence or another: i.e. failures in equipment, failures in quality, failures in people. When they are able to produce product, the work is bearable.
Pros
Clean and Safe
Cons
Incompetent Leadership
Rewarding fast paced production environment
Shipping and Receiving, mixer, packing floor ect. (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, KSSeptember 20, 2016
I had a very rewarding career with Kellogg's for the past 30 years. It was safety oriented with fast paced production skills required.I am comfortable in this career setting. In 30 years I have had several job titles of which I enjoyed. My favorite however was forklift operator . Other areas I enjoyed were machine operator, mixing,Sanatation , packing floor.Shipping , loading I enjoyed also. I had many co workers over my career with Kellogg's . I retired with high regard and good standing with Kellogg's . Kellogg's could depend on me for high quality work under stressful situations and I was regarded as highly productive. I loved the bakery environment and would love the chance to interview for positions available .
Hard working, alway their if need for overtime, compassionate.
Mechandiser (Current Employee) –  Denver, CONovember 7, 2016
Outstanding experience and career history in customer service.

deal with diversity well. Development of new business concepts.

excellent planning, communication, and organizational skills

Dependable and hard working.
Pros
First and foremost I am a people person and get along with most most all personalities.
Job filled need when I needed it.
Part time Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Frederick, MDAugust 23, 2016
Liked the position. Very hard on the body physically. No chance of moving up for a woman in this company. Definitely a "good Ole boys" club. Pay was good for a part time job. Flexible with no one looking over your shoulder watching you. You must be self starter and need little direction as communication from upper management was awful. Obvious you were just a number to them.
Pros
Good money for part time job. Flexible.
Cons
No opportunity for advancement
good company ,great benefits
MRO Relief, Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GAOctober 11, 2016
Kelloggs is a great company to work for. I really enjoyed the Staff,and the work which I had to complete,with my job I was doing something different almost everyday, The duties were not hard but they were consistence so it made the day go by fast. I got to meet people from all walks of life. Kelloggs was my second home.
Benefits
Cons
Job closed
A Job Well Missed
Palletizer (Former Employee) –  Statham, GAAugust 18, 2016
Another great job, great environment, one of the cleanest plants I have ever worked in, the workers and the team leads got along very well, My job was to stack off and shrink wrap all finished product to be picked up by fork lift. I loved the job and hate that the Kellogg & Keebler Cookies close down and gave us all severance check.
Pros
Free Cookies and Snacks
Cons
No food served in the Cafeteria, have to bring food from home.
Large company, good support. Opportunity for advancement minimal
Site Superintendent and Project Leader (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOAugust 6, 2016
I have been working at KBR for two plus years at KCMO JOC program. The company is a good, solid place to work, but the actual job is very busy and we are constantly understaffed. Need more help doing all of our jobs. Typical day is working in city office building, answering e-mails, scheduling superintendents and jobs, writing RFIs, and Preparing Estimates for city work. Working with managers from KCMO General Services, Aviation, Public Works, Parks and Recreation, Water Services, etc.
Packing Associate,Packaging Operator (Former Employee) –  Rome, GAAugust 5, 2016
I enjoyed my time with this company based on the fact that I felt that corporate actually cared about each employee individually. I started as a temporary employee and was given the opportunity to elevate my status. The diversity of the workforce was the best part for me because I was new to the area and it gave me the experience of getting to know the community
Pros
2 week vacations after hire
Cons
random work days based on need
High pressure on sales objectives and managing budget.
Retail Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Hudson County, NJAugust 1, 2016
A lot of freedom to manage to your own time, but at the same time a lot of hours have to be put in, in order to achieve sales objectives. I learned to Manage labor, prepare sales presentations and deal with rejection and abuse in order to reach my goals. The most enjoyable was to get the stores sharp and organized, and keeping our customers happy while being on top ten of our Zone sales.
Pros
Company car, company cel, no office to report.
Cons
No real day off, uncertainty and stress.
A good place to work
inventory coordinator clerk (Current Employee) –  Seelyville, INAugust 31, 2016
I have learn how to operate machinery and troubleshoot as well as how to keep track of inventory and how to find and fix discrepancies if any with inventory. I have also started learning the planning and ordering of materials and how much to order for production runs.
Pros
Good benefits and pays really well
Cons
Double standards within the plant
it's not a terrible job, but ....
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  New HampshireAugust 16, 2016
It's not a terrible company to work for, but upper management needs to step out on to the sales floor in order to really see how un realistic their expectations are. They have made a lot of changes to the company. Not good ones either. They want a months advance notice for time off, as a part time employee you get no vacation time, no holiday pay, no benefits, very little travel pay in-between stores. Over all managements expectations are unrealistic. I like the fact that you get to travel around and aren't stuck on one spot all day. But I've been with the company three years now and am really starting to dislike there high expectations and not even listening to their employees
Pros
be your own boss, traveling around, meeting new people
Cons
upper management, month notice for time off, unrealistic expectations

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kellogg Company. Our community is ready to answer.