Kellogg Company Employee Reviews

Found 1,103 reviews matching the search
great company
Territory Service Rep (Former Employee) –  La Palma, CAAugust 21, 2017
first big company I worked for always busy although I due believe they got rid of their sale team and went direct to store but what I remember is everyone being very professional and we had company cars for personal use
Pros
free car
Cons
fired all of sales team
Love to work
Territory Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ALAugust 20, 2017
Getting out and meeting new people. Management was always helpful. Getting a company car was a plus. Weekends off with family was great. Enjoyed working with such a great company
Pros
car
Cons
na
food sales
Slaes / Merchandier (Former Employee) –  Federal Way, WAAugust 20, 2017
great place to work
good hours in the morning
nice pay too
overall great, and nice people
good location
got laid off as did everyone as they down sized
Pros
most all
Cons
Hard physical labor. Great facility.
Sanitation Worker (Former Employee) –  Battle Creek, MIAugust 19, 2017
Too much drama between the union and the management staff. The training conducted by union representatives included how to milk the clock and lie to your supervisor. Also we were shown the best places to hide when not busy.
Fast paced competitive atmosphere.
Territory Manager (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYAugust 19, 2017
Fast paced competitive atmosphere.
Lots of personal interaction with customers.
Most work days are completed on your own with limited management interruption.
Pros
Somewhat flexible schedule
Cons
More company support needed in areas of marketing.
Honorable company but too many changes
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  NevadaAugust 18, 2017
Sales manager roles have flexibility but the time constraints are mostly built around customer availability

There are plenty of opportunities provided by the company to grow and develop your career

Local management in my area was outstanding but senior management varied wildly.

the most difficult part of the job was the constant changing of goals. One week all that would matter was getting labor inline, the next week it would be ensuring walmart displays were set correctly. in my 7 years in sales they changed my job title and responsibilities 3 times.

The most enjoyable parts of the job was the time spent in stores working with our customers and that feeling you got when you nailed a good sale or reached a sales goal.
Pros
Flexibility with hours, competitive pay
Cons
Constant changes, High pressure situations
A day in Kellogg
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Burley, IDAugust 17, 2017
Ordering for 15 stores and them merchandising
I learned all about budgets the hardest part was the long hours best is the family team !!
The work culture is really family worthy!!
Easygoing
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Garland, TX,rockwall txAugust 16, 2017
Was a great job till they laid-off everybody . I enjoy working with Kellogg for the past 10 years was part time at first 5years then went full time just the past year and if I knew they was going to laid off employees I wouldn't of went full time.
Fun environment to work. Had freedom to enhance customer relations and achieve quarterly goals.
Retail Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAAugust 16, 2017
The company was a good place to work. You were able to achieve your objectives in your own way. Allowed a lot of time for me to develop customer relationships. Good pay with Health, 401K, and company car.,
Pros
The freedom to make your own schedule and be out with the customers a good amount of time.
Cons
This job is being terminated across the nation.
merchandising / local sales calls to grocery and other retail stores
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLAugust 16, 2017
Most recent job took me to local retail stores to check back stock and move to shelves or displays. Worked with management regarding display needs and ideas. Travel between stops was challenging at times because of popular destination area. At end of the day sence of accomplishment.
Nice place to work
Customer Specific Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Washington, PAAugust 16, 2017
Nice place to work and great brands. Lots of opportunities if you're willing to relocate. Flexibility to work from home which creates a great work life balance. There were many perks when I worked there almost 10 years ago.
Pros
Company car
Great Place to work
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Franklin, MAAugust 16, 2017
Typical day at work would consist of driving to a predetermined store and either restocking the store with existing product or processing new product just delivered.The hardest part of the job was sometimes you were at the mercy of the truck drivers being late, causing you to run late.I loved being my own boss and working at my own quick pace.
Pros
working alone, being your own boss
Cons
when a truck driver was held up and your product wasnt delivered on time
Overall a good place to work
Analyst (Current Employee) –  Battle Creek, MIAugust 15, 2017
Kellogg has great pay and benefits. The culture has changed a lot in a negative way. No enthusiasm for growth potential and the employee moral is lackluster most days. Change is not swift and communicated well.
Kellogg provides a great team culture with Great management
Account Manager Designete (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLAugust 14, 2017
I really enjoyed my short lived employment with Kellogg. The atmosphere was great and the management was very good at what they do. I wish I was keeping my role as the company changes and laid off most of their sales staff, but I move on now to a brighter future elsewhere. I would gladly return to Kellogg someday if they required my services.
Pros
family culture
Cons
Company layoffs
Fun place to work and meet people
Retail Sales Representative- Colorado (Current Employee) –  Denver, COAugust 14, 2017
The Company made the transition out of the Direct Store Delivery, it what they thought what was best for them financially. The people were fun and liked to challenge each other to succeed in the field.
Great place to work, but poor executive leadership
Manager (Former Employee) –  DSDAugust 14, 2017
Executive team continues to promote growing the top line, however sales have continued to decline. Cost Cutting, through plant closures, DSD elimination keep Wall Street happy. No job is safe at Kellogg's. Would not recommend.
Pros
limited free product
Cons
Annual job eliminations
Excellent company to work for
Kellogg Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Battle Creek, MIAugust 12, 2017
Fast paced work environment. Extensive on the job training. Challenging. . Excellent source of sales data and equipment to ensure success in the field.
Pros
Excellent pay/ benefits.
Cons
Extensive work hours to accomplish company expectations.
a wild ride
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Battle Creek, MIAugust 11, 2017
Immediate manager and coworkers are fantastic but upper management were bullies.

Frequent evening/late night emails

fairly flexible work hours as you make your own schedule
most of the time the job could be done in 35-40 hours a week, however there are weeks where upwards of 70 hours are required

as the vacation rep i was required to do everything a regular rep would do but at a reduced pay and i was not eligible for bonuses based on sales(i.e i could sell a display that would get a rep to their sales goal but they would receive the bonus and i would get nothing except a pat on the back)
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
impossible store managers
I was a fun place to iteract with people and fun product to work with.
Route Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Spartanburg, SCAugust 11, 2017
A typical day was going out into the stores to and ordering for the product for the stores and meetings with management. To challenge myself each day.
Pros
Flexablity
Cons
last minute schedule change
great boss friendly atmosphere
DELIVERY DRIVER (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 11, 2017
really laid back atmosphere, as long as you made your deliveries and completed your job you never heard from management unless you did a oustanding job to get recognized
Pros
everything
Cons
room for advancement had to relocate

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kellogg Company. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval