Kellogg Company

Kellogg Company United States Employee Reviews

N/A
Retail Merchandiser (Current Employee), Memphis, TNApril 25, 2015
Great company to work for. I would recommend working with this company to everybody. Excellent pay and great management.
great company
Territory Manager (Former Employee), Sacramento, caApril 25, 2015
Duties:

• Maximizing Kellogg’s presence and leadership of its products at Retail according to business strategies and targets.
• Driving and achieving distribution and speed to shelf targets as well as incremental display objectives.
• Identifying new opportunities to increase share of shelf through major and minor relines.
• Develop and implement a territory sales plan to achieve company revenue and profit objectives.
• Working alongside the Retail Team Lead to execute territory specific strategies and deliver quarterly sales targets.
• Ensuring the timely execution of promotions as well as shelf objectives (according to Banners’ and store planogram compliance).
• Identifying opportunities for improvement and sales growth by collaborating and aligning with other counterparts across the Retail team
• Continuous coaching of employees to ensure product growth.
Sparse Work
Volunteer/Paid (Former Employee), TelecommunicatingApril 21, 2015
Pros: Kudos from the winning team members
Cons: Not enough work!
My job for Kellogg's is on a small contract basis and usually it is not compensated or if so, very little. I help them write packages for their employees seeking awards in various industries. So far, the packages have been very successful! Kellogg's is a nice place to work and I appreciate their kindness and consideration.
Same as Hanau Germany review
Maintenance Supervisor (Current Employee), KuwaitApril 19, 2015
Pros: Working with and teaching others
Cons: Language differences
Working with multiple different countries, nationalities during the Iraq war, helping to teach drivers training and maintenance techniques soldiers on multiple different pieces of equipment
Productive sales and budget focused company. Keeping pace with consumer trends constantly introducing new and inproved innovation of products.
Route Sales Representative (Current Employee), Pittsburgh, PAApril 15, 2015
Pros: Good health coverage and salary
Responsible for selling and merchandising products to a specifically assigned store account base. Building special displays to increase sales volume.
Forcasted weekly sales budgets while controlling labor costs. Met sales budgets by constant communication with store personell to promote upcoming promotions and new products. Constantly seeking additional locations for special displays.
Communicate work plans with part time merchandisers for timely and effecient customer service while meeting labor budgets.
Communicate with Kellogg management and coworkers to seek and pass along sales ideas.
Enjoy working with accounts to achieve a working relationship to success built on trust, honestly, dedication and reliability.
A good place to work
Maintenance Supervisor Stores Supervisor (Former Employee), Pikeville, KYApril 13, 2015
Pros: free coffee and poptarts
Cons: sometime no breaks
A good company to work with good money and befits. good products good coworkers nice plant easy to get along with. Good working conditions.

Talked to my people going off duty. approved requisitions checked open purchase orders

I learned a lot about staying in budget and inventory

We worked together to solve problems

knowing what parts were going to were out today

knowing that I did a good job that day
productive and enjoyable
Part Time Merchandiser (Former Employee), Southern Pines, NCApril 12, 2015
As a merchandiser for Kelloggs I was responsible for setting their merchandise in various stores. It's fun visiting different stores and interacting with different personalities. You learn to effectively and timely stock merchandise, clean shelves and set up displays
was great before the changes.
Retail Sales Manager (Former Employee), little rock ,arApril 9, 2015
was once a great place to work until we as salesmen were no longer able to control ordered. our job became covering for those higher up sneaking in product to stores.
One of the best places to work
Net Tech Lead (Current Employee), Chicago, ILApril 9, 2015
One of the best places to work. Good management,Balanced work ,
work from anywhere and benefits .

Career growth is depend on one's presentation skills of the value of work delivered .
A nice company to work for
Territory Service Representative (Current Employee), St. Louis, MOApril 6, 2015
Working with Kellogg, I've learned how rewarding a diverse workplace can be. I work with a variety of people but we are all alike in that we all have common goals for the company. I enjoy the different interactions I have each day with both colleagues and the various accounts I work for.
Kellogg is a great company to work for.
IT OPERATIONS ANALYST ASSOCIATE (Current Employee), Chicago, ILApril 4, 2015
Kellogg strives to give the best product to consumers. Kellogg strives for the best workplace with the diversity of workers. That pride comes through with all the workers that make up Kellogg.
Part-Time Sales Merchandiser
Wasted three years, endless tears, regret. (Former Employee), Houston and surrounding areasMarch 28, 2015
Pros: None
Cons: I think I pretty much summed it up in my review.
This company rotates their employees like they do the products on the shelf, once they feel like you are expired, they are more than willing to dump you in the trash without a second thought.

I like to think I have a good work ethic and I don't mind working. It is not...the job itself that is the problem. It is the people that I had to deal with on a daily basis that is. I never received a warm welcome when I started working here, people...be it the customers, the employees of the stores you service, the other vendors, the manager of the store, were EXTREMELY rude and hostile from day one. They would laugh at you, smirk at you, talk about you behind your back, try to get you fired, try to make you look bad. It was pretty intense and truth be told, pathetic.

One time, while I was working here, I had to take time off because I became severely depressed and I stopped talking for a month.This was about a year in....and part of me believes the job was the reason why I sunk so low, but again, it wasn't the job itself, it was the people that I had to be around while doing that job that caused me so much dread, stress, and depression.

So if you ever consider applying and working for this company, do yourself a favor and....just don't. It is simply not worth it. Looking back now, I am faced with the harsh reality that I wasted three and a half years working here and I am trying to start again . One of the reasons why I lingered so long is because I truly felt, because of the constant hollow promises from management, that I would move up within the company. They used me, – more... and abused me, deceived me just like everybody else I had to interact with while I was employed here. I believe those people are despicable and they deserve to work at a grocery store for the rest of their lives.

So, if you take anything from this review or any other negative (not really) posts on here about this company, do not even consider working here, even only temporarily, pass it up, scroll down, scroll up, close your browser, whatever. Just don't even THINK about submitting an application. You are better than this, life is short and there are no do-overs. This company does not care about you, they will just suck the life out of you, strip you of your personality, and when they feel like you can't keep up anymore, they will throw you out like yesterdays garbage.

I quit rather impulsively and I am glad I did..the reason I gave is like all the other decisions I make, bold and decisive...which is how it should be.There is a voice in our souls which tells us what to do and we obey...

God Bless – less
A day at Kellogg's
Territory Manager (Current Employee), Frederick, MDMarch 24, 2015
Pros: company car
Cons: Sometimes you work 14 hour days
You run your Territory like it's your own business.

You meet a lot of good people.

How to deal with customers every day

You only see my DM once a month

Working without enough help day to day

The freedom of every day work
the unpredictable life of a JOC business manager
Office Manager (Current Employee), Kansas City, MOMarch 24, 2015
Pros: you feel empowered, the people I work with
Cons: inconsistent work flows, since it's construction when you're busy you're busy- and when it's slow ....
As the business manager, you feel empowered to make decisions and take action when necessary. I expanded my procurement knowledge, and my management skills.

I worked with a great group of guys in a small JOC office.

The hardest part of the job is not knowing what could happen. In construction, you can either be really busy or really slow, so time management will become a fast acquired trait. But at the same time, that not knowing what to expect, makes your job exciting.
Fun and fast paced enviroment
Territory Service Rep (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZMarch 23, 2015
Pros: flexible work schedules great co-workers
This is a great company with a creditable history. requires alot of driving though. Strong communication skills and contact with store management is a must.
Poor work life balance
Retail Sales Representative (Current Employee), MIMarch 22, 2015
Pros: flexible schedule
Cons: work load, work life balance, little to no advancement opportunities
I changed career paths to create a better work life balance and made that clear during the interviewing process. However, this job requires you to be able to work at least 55 hrs a week, with no overtime pay. Even at 55 hrs a week, I usually overspend my payroll and often feel the threat of losing my job due to the overspend.
Fast paced and standing for long hours.
Assembly Line Worker and Mixing. (Former Employee), Zanesville, OHMarch 19, 2015
Assembly line work handling food product and mixing ingredients of vegetarian food. Learned how to feed off each others work. Management made sure the product was safe and clean. Very helpful co-workers as in making sure you did not fail. Standing for long hours in one spot was basically the hardest part of the job. Needing hours and was given to when in need.
Great place to work.
Manager (Current Employee), Battle Creek, MIMarch 19, 2015
Kellogg is a great place to work. Worklife balance and a great culture. The Cereal industry is struggling and Kellogg has recognized the need for change to continue to move forward. As with any change you will meet resistance and challenges and have some bumps in the culture.
Goosd
Merchandiser (Former Employee), Sacramento, CAMarch 16, 2015
It is a good job if you like variety, you get to stock, face and order product at different stores everyday. It is a great place to learn sales.
An outstanding company to work for
Route Sales Rep (Current Employee), Earth City, MOMarch 14, 2015
Pros: good salary, freedom in field
Cons: not enough time at home with family
Kellogg's is a great place to work for.I have 14 stores I'm responsible for,which includes selling,stocking and building displays.Management is very pro-active.I work with a bunch of passionate people,who strive for success.

The hardest part of the job is the current climate we live in as people's buying habits have changed,and there is a lot of competition for customer's dollars.

1 2 3 4 5

About Kellogg Company

In 1906, W.K. Kellogg saw a better way. Healthier food and a healthier work place. “I’ll invest my money in people,” – Read more

Kellogg Company Salaries

$62,500 per year
Retail Sales
$50,000 per year

Kellogg Company Photos

Kellogg Employees volunteer their time as a part of our commitment to community and the United Way.
Our 2013 Summer Interns pose for a photo during orientation.
Our European Recruiting Team shared Kellogg goodies with finance students after their ACA exams.