Kellogg Company Employee Reviews

Job filled need when I needed it.
Part time Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Frederick, MDAugust 23, 2016
Liked the position. Very hard on the body physically. No chance of moving up for a woman in this company. Definitely a "good Ole boys" club. Pay was good for a part time job. Flexible with no one looking over your shoulder watching you. You must be self starter and need little direction as communication from upper management was awful. Obvious you were just a number to them.
Pros
Good money for part time job. Flexible.
Cons
No opportunity for advancement
Keeping your job at Kellogg's is a job in it's self.
Bakery Worker\ (Former Employee) –  Wyoming, MISeptember 8, 2016
I must start by saying Kellogg's is a safe clean place to work. If you want to work 84 hours a week on an 8 hr schedule that will rotate from coming in 4 hours early or 4 hours over seven days a week, with minimal notice. Most of this time will be spent waiting for one level of incompetence or another: i.e. failures in equipment, failures in quality, failures in people. When they are able to produce product, the work is bearable.
Pros
Clean and Safe
Cons
Incompetent Leadership
productive but crazy enviroment
Team Lead (Warehouse Associate) (Former Employee) –  College Park, GASeptember 9, 2016
In my point of view i think the workers could be more productive with more breaks specially for the older people working on the assembly line, allowance to drink water when needed as long as it doesn't slow down yours or others workers production. also management could be a little more down to earth letting people work and communicating as adults when a problem comes up rather than making them feel like slaves.but over all the checks looked good so i enjoyed my time there
Pros
always had overtime, but off during holidays.
Cons
not enough breaks for the amount of hours or the type of labor we performed.
Poor company
Supply Chain (Current Employee) –  Jackson, TNSeptember 19, 2016
Kellogg has a very poor culture, does not provide opportunities for advancement, without standard processes or practices in place. The culture and the minimal and inconsistent advancement opportunities makes this a very miserable company to work for. Trouble retaining talent and attracting young graduates. Beware if considering joining Kellogg.
Pros
relatively high pay and bonuses
Cons
poor healthcare benefits, poor culture, no advancement, very traditional and outdated practices
Large company, good support. Opportunity for advancement minimal
Site Superintendent and Project Leader (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOAugust 6, 2016
I have been working at KBR for two plus years at KCMO JOC program. The company is a good, solid place to work, but the actual job is very busy and we are constantly understaffed. Need more help doing all of our jobs. Typical day is working in city office building, answering e-mails, scheduling superintendents and jobs, writing RFIs, and Preparing Estimates for city work. Working with managers from KCMO General Services, Aviation, Public Works, Parks and Recreation, Water Services, etc.
Packing Associate,Packaging Operator (Former Employee) –  Rome, GAAugust 5, 2016
I enjoyed my time with this company based on the fact that I felt that corporate actually cared about each employee individually. I started as a temporary employee and was given the opportunity to elevate my status. The diversity of the workforce was the best part for me because I was new to the area and it gave me the experience of getting to know the community
Pros
2 week vacations after hire
Cons
random work days based on need
High pressure on sales objectives and managing budget.
Retail Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Hudson County, NJAugust 1, 2016
A lot of freedom to manage to your own time, but at the same time a lot of hours have to be put in, in order to achieve sales objectives. I learned to Manage labor, prepare sales presentations and deal with rejection and abuse in order to reach my goals. The most enjoyable was to get the stores sharp and organized, and keeping our customers happy while being on top ten of our Zone sales.
Pros
Company car, company cel, no office to report.
Cons
No real day off, uncertainty and stress.
Overall not good experience for me
Randstad Temp (warehouse) (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAJuly 27, 2016
I was never really given a job title, they had me work mostly in the warehouse (that's why I just considered myself a warehouse worker) there I would write part numbers down mostly all day that my fingers would hurt, then I helped clean and get rid of stuff, I was never really explained what to do, usually I would just clean, then when I finished I would have to look for management to see what else they wanted me to help with.
Pros
Free ice cream
Cons
So much inconsistencies
Very fast pace working environment, meeting great people.
Territory Manager (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJuly 25, 2016
Your daily routine would be to travel to your accounts, on selected days you would stock your product on the shelves and or build displays. When you were done you would back stock the difference. Make sure all product was signed and priced correctly and communicate with the manager on a regular basis. You also maintained your work space and kept it neat and in order.
Certain days you need to order product for the following delivery day. communicated with managers on what was on sale and to get extra display space for your product.
Pros
Great people, personable managers. Great product to support
Cons
breaks on your own. not a lot of confidence from the District manager at that time.
A Job Well Missed
Palletizer (Former Employee) –  Statham, GAAugust 18, 2016
Another great job, great environment, one of the cleanest plants I have ever worked in, the workers and the team leads got along very well, My job was to stack off and shrink wrap all finished product to be picked up by fork lift. I loved the job and hate that the Kellogg & Keebler Cookies close down and gave us all severance check.
Pros
Free Cookies and Snacks
Cons
No food served in the Cafeteria, have to bring food from home.

Want to know more about Kellogg Company?

Ask a question
Exciting engaged with all aspects of business
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Boston, MA southshoreJuly 23, 2016
Extremely passionate and committed to role of Retail Sales Mgr. Responsible for managing territory that generated $3 million in sales
Executed strategies that exceeded company goals for sales, market and growth on a regulare basis
Established weekly targets to ensure sustainable business performance
Personally initiated additional business growth by selling incremental units above and beyond corporate display planner objectives
Interpreted and analyzed financial data to identify and develope strategies to optimize sales performance
Responsible for planning, scheduling, and overseeing of four field merchandisers to deliver and install point of sales display materials
Rewarding fast paced production environment
Shipping and Receiving, mixer, packing floor ect. (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, KSSeptember 20, 2016
I had a very rewarding career with Kellogg's for the past 30 years. It was safety oriented with fast paced production skills required.I am comfortable in this career setting. In 30 years I have had several job titles of which I enjoyed. My favorite however was forklift operator . Other areas I enjoyed were machine operator, mixing,Sanatation , packing floor.Shipping , loading I enjoyed also. I had many co workers over my career with Kellogg's . I retired with high regard and good standing with Kellogg's . Kellogg's could depend on me for high quality work under stressful situations and I was regarded as highly productive. I loved the bakery environment and would love the chance to interview for positions available .
good workplace enviroment
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Minooka, ILJuly 12, 2016
you will learn how to use the system in the warehouse and slowly start taking over with your knowledge using your leadership skills. working with your coworkers everyday to get the job done the best part about working here is you do your work without someone over your shoulder telling you what to do. At the end of the day they review your work and check what errors you made or how you can improve your work for the next day.
Pros
work on your own
Cons
schedule is not organized
Evolving Company with a Staff that has a wealth of Engineering Experience and Proprietary Knowledge
Senior Speciliast, Information Management (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 11, 2016
Each day KBR employees are challenged to solve problems critically and collaborate to improve efficiency on current processes.

I learned how to gather and provide user requirements with like minded service oriented colleagues that are devoted to providing quality deliverable on an accelerated schedule.

Management was constantly evolving to make KBR profitable in light of the declining prosperity of the energy industry and made strides to ensure employee retention.
Senior Specialist, Information Management (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 11, 2016

It's OK besides so much over time
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYAugust 11, 2016
They always drafting for overtime. One minute it's based of seniority next it's based on how many overtime hours you do during the week. Management sucks they don't properly make sure new hires get the proper training. You work so many hours they leave you by your self. The hours don't mean you actually know the job
Pros
easy and good pay
Cons
over time, 7 days a week 12 hours shifts
it's not a terrible job, but ....
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  New HampshireAugust 16, 2016
It's not a terrible company to work for, but upper management needs to step out on to the sales floor in order to really see how un realistic their expectations are. They have made a lot of changes to the company. Not good ones either. They want a months advance notice for time off, as a part time employee you get no vacation time, no holiday pay, no benefits, very little travel pay in-between stores. Over all managements expectations are unrealistic. I like the fact that you get to travel around and aren't stuck on one spot all day. But I've been with the company three years now and am really starting to dislike there high expectations and not even listening to their employees
Pros
be your own boss, traveling around, meeting new people
Cons
upper management, month notice for time off, unrealistic expectations
Horrible job
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  New JerseyAugust 2, 2016
Part time job, schedule was all over the place never any consistency, managers were ok as people but as a co-worker they sucked especially managers, way to much over stock, would be stuck in one store for over 2 hours just going thru backstock, was fired for calling my manager old lol no kidding around with this company, its ok found a better job with better $$$.
Pros
Cons
Don't do it company sucks
Wasn't Awful
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  UtahJune 15, 2016
I would honestly work here again, if it weren't for an injury that is preventing me from doing so. I surely didn't hate it, actually enjoyed working here quite a bit. A few drawbacks though: not enough hours, they'll want you to drive quite a ways sometimes simply to do a job that someone else cannot do and depending on your manager you may get thrown under the bus a few times. It is a fun job though, you really get to know great people and get your work done really early and end up having the whole day to just do as you please. Give it a try, you may find that you like it.
Pros
Great people, great hours and some good management
Cons
Pay (Kellogg is plenty big enough to pay better, come on now.)
A good place to work
inventory coordinator clerk (Current Employee) –  Seelyville, INAugust 31, 2016
I have learn how to operate machinery and troubleshoot as well as how to keep track of inventory and how to find and fix discrepancies if any with inventory. I have also started learning the planning and ordering of materials and how much to order for production runs.
Pros
Good benefits and pays really well
Cons
Double standards within the plant