Kellogg Company

Kellogg Company Employee Reviews

A great job with amazing benefits.
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHFebruary 2, 2016
This is a good place to work . Busy fast paced environment . Opportunity to grow within the company. The ability to work in many departments gives a lot more experience in the manufacturing world.
Pros
great pay and benefits
Cons
never know what shift you will be on.
A fun a great smelling place to work
Packer (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYJanuary 31, 2016
As a Kelloggs employee. I have enjoyed my coworkers and making/ smelling all of the different variety of cookies. A typical day at Kelloggs can be hectic if things aren't running correctly. One thing I appreciate about the Supervisor's is that they will jump in and help get the job done. One of the most enjoyable things to me is having a job to go to.
Pros
Can sign bids and learn other jobs.
Cons
Lots of mandatory overtime
Productive work place
Waste Feed (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, PAJanuary 26, 2016
A typical day consisted of cereal being weighed and thrown away. Using transporters to haul the cereal to the trucks where they get dumped and using forklifts to lift them so they can be thrown in the trucks
Pros
Great pay
Typical Day at Work
Consultant, Third Party Vendor Auditor (Former Employee) –  Oakbrook, ILJanuary 26, 2016
This is an excellent place to work. They are extremely flexible with your work location and accommodate your every hardware, software and program requirement to get the job done.
good benefits, tough tough job
merchandising / territory rep (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEJanuary 22, 2016
Very good benefits, but ends up being a very labor intensive job, running from store to store putting out back stock inventory. Be prepared to work long hours and days including weekends.
benefits
Cons
Labor intensive, long hours and days, weekends..
Good place to have a career
retail sales representative (Former Employee) –  UPSTATE SOUTH CAROLINAJanuary 20, 2016
Kellogg's is a great place to work but like other big companies it has its draw backs,as for as compensation it is great as far as work life balance not so keen.I enjoyed my time with them
Pros
GOOD PAYING COMPANY, GREAT ADVANCEMENT WITH DEGREE
Cons
NOT A VERY GOOD WORK BALANCE JOB.
not a bad place to work
Part -time Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Cumberland, RIJanuary 19, 2016
not a bad place to work, supervisor was very understanding and easy to work with decent hours and fairly good pay for a part time job
Best Job
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GAJanuary 18, 2016
By far best company I have worked for.
Very sad they shut plant down.
Great pay.
Treated people very good.
Great benefits
Gave me great life
High energy work force
Territory Manager (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 13, 2016
Kellogg's has a high energy work force. In addition, it is a well-organized sales operation. My day consists of negotiating incremental sales with key decision makers in order to grow Kellogg's revenue. I've learned powerful negotiating skills, as well as sustaining strong client relationships. Management provides an excellent line of communication that enables clear company directives. My colleagues and I work closely together to share best practices that further enhance sales goals. Team work is a central part of the Kellogg culture. The most challenging part of my job is to find more stimulating opportunities that will further enhance my sales expertise.
The most enjoyable part of my career is exceeding my sales goals which I've consistently done for the past 14 years.
Pros
Healthcare, company car, 401K
Cons
Growth opportunities, compensation stagnation
Good job, great benefits but felt I could do more
Packaging/Processing Operator/Line lead (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIJanuary 13, 2016
This job was good but I was extremely bored. I felt that I could be utilized a little better. This feeling prompted me to quit and start my own business.
Great products, poor Management
Global Director, KWS (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 2, 2016
Kellogg is living off past accomplishments. The company's growth strategy is non-existent, and it's Senior executive leadership is, at best, sub standard, and it's probably accurate to say is reactive and short sighted. They have no plans to develop people; put people in VP positions who are borderline incompetent, and basically reward astute political players vs people who can produce sustainable improvement.
The work life balance is excellent; and overall the pay is good, however bonus payouts have suffered recently.
Pros
Work life balance
Cons
Future growth
The people make the job
administrative support (Former Employee) –  Battle Creek, MIDecember 29, 2015
An enjoyable job working with a large team. High demand and often not enough hours to complete the job. The overall management of the company was top heavy. The team members were the best part of the job and it was hard to leave the team. Certain areas were treated differently, some better and some not so great depending on who was managing the area and responsible for the teams. However, when a crisis occurred many of the teams I worked on treated each other with a high level of professionalism and respect and were quick to come to help when it was necessary.
Pros
Great pay and excellent benefits
Cons
Often didn't replace someone who left and distributed the work to others
Great company to work for, coworkers made you feel like you were family,
Warehouse Technician and Lead (Former Employee) –  Clearfield, UTDecember 26, 2015
The employees in the plant made you feel like you were family and took pride in the product they produced. Always looking for ways to make processes better.
Pros
Great co-workers
Cons
Plant closure
The work place was very friendly.
Line Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Bolingbrook, ILDecember 22, 2015
A typical day at work was very busy.I learned how to work fast and good communication with my team crew.the management was ok.The most hardest part of the job was getting some crew members to stay on task.
it is just a job
staff management (Current Employee) –  Jackson, TNDecember 18, 2015
the experience of working at a food production plant is interesting,i do not work for kelloggs but a contractor.the pay could be more.
Pros
free food
Cons
long drive to work
hands-on
Packer (Former Employee) –  Jackson, TNDecember 16, 2015
Steady paced work environment. Keeping a clean and safe work environment throughout your work day. I learned that you ave to look out for the safety of you and others when there is high safety hazards. The best part of the work day is interacting with your coworkers to make the day go by.
fun and happy
stocker I work (Former Employee) –  Battle Creek, MIDecember 14, 2015
so I got to go to a few different place and stock product. I started off with 3 place and got down to just one place to work but I enjoyed the time I work and got to be out and see different people and talk to them some times too. I would put up about 35 cases of product each week so I got a few hours but it help out a lot.
Productive and fun work environment
Sr. Strategic Customer Account Associate (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIDecember 13, 2015
Great work culture environment. Service center located in a big city access to tons of colleges. Good starter career job and great work/life balance
something new everyday
PART TIME MERCHANDISER (Current Employee) –  High Point, NCDecember 2, 2015
I have the ability to work at my own pace and to work different locations each day. Even though I worked independently, my work is crucial for the success of my company.
Pros
the pay
Cons
the traveling
Merchandiser
Merchandising (Former Employee) –  Battle Creek, MINovember 30, 2015
Fun place to work supportive management. Decent amount of pay for work at hand, good training. But not enough work or hours to keep employment.
Pros
flexible
Cons
not enough hours