Kellogg Company Employee Reviews

Will work you to the ground, but if thats what youre looking for - more power to you.
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Rome, GAJanuary 29, 2017
Ideal for someone looking for lots of hours and hard work, with good compensation for it. Poor workplace for the family/free time oriented, because hours are completely unpredictable and it is impossible to make and keep plans. Is poorly organized/has poor communication. You feel left out on your own, but plus side to that is no annoying coworkers - you really only communicate with the scheduler and the sales rep. Advancement opportunities are available only if you are willing to travel and/or relocate.
Pros
Plenty of hours, good compensation and benefits
Cons
poor work life balance, poor management organization/communication
Just a Job
Former Lead, now just a production worker (Current Employee) –  Zanesville, OHJanuary 30, 2017
This place went from a career, to average, to just a job. It pays good and has good benefits for the area, which is why I stay. Continuous change, as they tried to become Clearfield, then PPG, now are trying all the latest factory "crazes".

Nothing is steady and many of the management initiatives hinder our work. This place used to be safe and was very clean, but they cut all the freezer cleans in half and overall cleaning frequencies to the point the oil is nasty and smokey before it is changed.

Overall, I will stay and work. I once was a lead, but backed out due to all of this change and poor leadership. I just hope our wages or benefits are not cut, otherwise I (along with lots of others) will leave.

Hanging out and hoping for change back to the way it once was.
Pros
Benefits/vacation time after all these years
Cons
Lots anymore!
Trending down
Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Battle Creek, MIDecember 16, 2016
Really impressed with Kellogg when I started but sales, morale and competence level have been dropping for years. Decreasing cereal sales and market pressure have led to a series of increasingly desperate actions to cut costs. They no longer want to hire the best people only the cheapest. This has led to considerable staff cuts replacing them with overseas outsourcing and providing dirt parachutes for impacted employees.

Very top heavy micro management that issues new strategic directives every 6 months. Rarely are any of these plans well or fully implemented as execution is not given proper attention and resources.
Pros
Salary good for area
Cons
Management, job security, decreasing benefits
Thought I would work here forever, but....
Production Supervisor (Former Employee) –  ZanesvilleJanuary 14, 2017
After working here for 4 years, I thought that this would be the place I would retire from. I enjoyed my time and the people. Unfortunately, the past year the plant has gone through major changes and many good people were let go. The morale has really gone bad and people don't care anymore. It became just a job. Left to go to another company a few months back and I have not missed this place.

Pros: Good salary, big bonus
Cons: Terrible upper management, poor leadership, lousy career guidance
Pros
$$$ was solid
Cons
Upper Management is terrible. No place to move up.
Long time employee
merchandiser (Current Employee) –  NHJanuary 23, 2017
The company has jumped the shark. Recent changes in business model drops field employees (sales and merchandising) to a sub-level that gets absolutely no support from management. "our way or the highway" mentality rules. Employees and customers no longer matter as long as the trucks leave full and return empty. Management is selling out to the shareholders in an all too obvious manner. They expect the world and when they don't get it the blame goes to the over-worked and poorly scheduled field employees. Stay away-stay very far away!!
Benefits
Cons
Everything else. Kiss your home life goodbye.
My take on Kellogg's as an employer
Mixer/Baker (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GAOctober 7, 2016
Mostly self supervised, more aware of work procedures than supervisors. Able to diagnose and correct problems that may sometimes occur. Worked sometimes 12-16 hours as it was necessary for relief to appear for work before leaving job. The pay was good as were the benefits, however when the company decided to close the plant no consideration was given to employees who were within 6 months of retiring in re bridging service. Management--with the exception of a few--were more concerned about themselves rather than the quality of product produced. Management showed little concern for the well being of the employees in the work place.
Pros
Pay and benefits
Cons
Unqualified supervisors
Merchandiser Part Time.
Part Time Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNOctober 28, 2016
By far the worst company I have ever worked for. My immediate manager was awesome, but terrible upper management. Was informed after 4 years that I along with many others were being laid off, then they hired all new employees the next week, well they are trying to hire new employees. Box sizes were downsized a few years ago and the price went up.

No compensation for driving your own vehicle, the only company I could find that didn't pay for mileage and gas.

Low pay. No raises. had to ask for raises,.
Pros
Good workout
Cons
To many to list.
Easy job with great benefits but long hours
Machine Operator II (Current Employee) –  Rome, GADecember 18, 2016
Kelloggs is a great place to work that pays really well!! The work is kinda easy considering the amount of money they pay. The benefits are great!! They could be better at training people to do their job. The hours are pretty long but since they've done a lot of hiring you don't have to work many days a week. But sometimes 6 or 7 days so you never get to see your family. But like I said the pay is great! They're making money that doctors and lawyers are making! Seriously!! I love it!
Pros
Good breaks, benefits, easy
Cons
12 hour shifts, the people
Decent Job
Territory Service Representative, August 29 (Former Employee) –  Jupiter, FLNovember 26, 2016
When i first started, it was a great job with a great work-life balance.
Then i was put under poor management. My immediate mangers were did not care about me or the stores i represented and it made my life very difficult. I enjoyed working for them only because i got to interact with people on a daily basis.
Pros
some benefits like vehicle reimbursement
Cons
poor management
it's not a terrible job, but ....
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  New HampshireAugust 16, 2016
It's not a terrible company to work for, but upper management needs to step out on to the sales floor in order to really see how un realistic their expectations are. They have made a lot of changes to the company. Not good ones either. They want a months advance notice for time off, as a part time employee you get no vacation time, no holiday pay, no benefits, very little travel pay in-between stores. Over all managements expectations are unrealistic. I like the fact that you get to travel around and aren't stuck on one spot all day. But I've been with the company three years now and am really starting to dislike there high expectations and not even listening to their employees
Pros
be your own boss, traveling around, meeting new people
Cons
upper management, month notice for time off, unrealistic expectations
Poor company
Supply Chain (Current Employee) –  Jackson, TNSeptember 19, 2016
Kellogg has a very poor culture, does not provide opportunities for advancement, without standard processes or practices in place. The culture and the minimal and inconsistent advancement opportunities makes this a very miserable company to work for. Trouble retaining talent and attracting young graduates. Beware if considering joining Kellogg.
Pros
relatively high pay and bonuses
Cons
poor healthcare benefits, poor culture, no advancement, very traditional and outdated practices
They are laying everyone off in a few months dont apply
part time merchandiser (Former Employee) –  NJFebruary 13, 2017
They are going direct ....shipping orders to stores in a few months dont apply you will get laid off
Worked for the company for 3 years no room for advancement no raises no benefits ...
Took the company cars away and we had to pay for our own gas
Pros
Cons
Toomany to list
Awsome place to work great healthcare and pay
Process Operator (Current Employee) –  Lancaster, PAJanuary 19, 2017
This is the best place to work for so many positive reasons. Kellogg spoils us with great pay, 401k match and top of the line healthcare. They also have many jobs to choose from. your future depends on your hard work.
Pros
401k match, pay, healthcare
Cons
not much time off but the pay makes it worth every min.
Offered great benefits
Transportation Manager (Current Employee) –  Syracuse, NYFebruary 18, 2017
Joined Kellogg's Snack Division in 2015 and they offered a premium relocation package and good compensation. It has been a pleasure to work with them these past two years. I am only leaving due to company wide layoffs in regards to the dismantling of the Direct Store Delivery network.
Just like mnay other companies bottom line is the only thing that matters
Merchandising (Former Employee) –  MAOctober 22, 2016
Merchandising very physical. Management, well this is" ole school boy" company! One person tells you this and one person tells you that? You work extra hours to cover missed stores the next minute your working too much OT!
Pros
Not many
Cons
Weak salary and car compensation!
Good Company lots of change
Regional Sales Trainer (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 9, 2017
Lots of change leading to instability within the organization. Great pay and benefits, constant restructure with no sense of job security within the organization.
Review
Retail Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PADecember 12, 2016
I worked a lot of hours and did not feel fairly compensated for the amount of time that I had worked there Benefits were good.
Pros
healthcare benefits
Cons
no work life balance, hours were long
good company ,great benefits
MRO Relief, Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GAOctober 11, 2016
Kelloggs is a great company to work for. I really enjoyed the Staff,and the work which I had to complete,with my job I was doing something different almost everyday, The duties were not hard but they were consistence so it made the day go by fast. I got to meet people from all walks of life. Kelloggs was my second home.
Benefits
Cons
Job closed
Kellogg finance
Plant Accountant (Former Employee) –  Jackson, TNDecember 20, 2016
Each day varied with depending upon the business need at the moment. Never could plan the next day but the flexibility of work made it more interesting. Learned SAP Symphony in various modules and new excel functions.
Pros
Pay and benefits
Cons
Finance shift to GBS
Truck Driver Class A (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORFebruary 10, 2017
Pay, benefits and management were great. Good equipment. I'd be working there for years to come if not for the lay offs. I'll miss it.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kellogg Company. Our community is ready to answer.