Kellogg Company Employee Reviews in United States

Good pay, and benefits.
Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, KSJune 23, 2016
Was able to advance rather quickly, went from operator to Team Lead in just over a year. Diverse work force, most relatively respectful, helpful, and nice. Would recommend as a good place to start in Manufacturing.
Environmental Health & Safety Technician (Current Employee) –  Augusta, GAJune 23, 2016
It is an overall good place to work. Augusta plant is a wonderful place though. The current plant manager cares for the people and the products we produce.
Seasonal College Help
Seasonal Employee (Former Employee) –  Battle Creek, MIJune 19, 2016
I worked college summer help for vacationing regular help for two summers before the program was axed in 1994. I really cannot comment on any thing else, since it has been 20+ years since I worked there.
Wasn't Awful
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  UtahJune 15, 2016
I would honestly work here again, if it weren't for an injury that is preventing me from doing so. I surely didn't hate it, actually enjoyed working here quite a bit. A few drawbacks though: not enough hours, they'll want you to drive quite a ways sometimes simply to do a job that someone else cannot do and depending on your manager you may get thrown under the bus a few times. It is a fun job though, you really get to know great people and get your work done really early and end up having the whole day to just do as you please. Give it a try, you may find that you like it.
Pros
Great people, great hours and some good management
Cons
Pay (Kellogg is plenty big enough to pay better, come on now.)
independant work
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Wausau, WIJune 14, 2016
On specific days I was expected to go to certain grocery stores and accept orders and stock the shelves with any remaining back stock and then put out any new product that came in. I occasionally assisted in building or tearing down displays.
Pros
working at my own pace
Cons
lack of communication beetween the managers and where I should be working and for how long.
Loved this place
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GAJune 14, 2016
I really loved my job. I trained, forklift and was a Machine Operator.

The co workers were great and the bosses were great.. I really enjoyed working here.
Good
IT OPERATIONS ANALYST ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 13, 2016
Great company to work for. Great people to have worked with over the years. Great experience to have learned so much in my education of working in the Data Center.
No work/life balance
Packing Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEJune 10, 2016
I love my job, but after many years of working many 80 hour weeks it can become stressful. An average day is 8 hours, although depending on overtime, they can tell you that they need you to either come in early or stay over 4 hours. Regardless of what events or appointments that you have. you cannot say no. Its a great job. Sometimes it just takes a little out of you.
Horrible place to work
Territory Manager (Former Employee) –  IndianaJune 9, 2016
If your over 50 they will get rid of you. Force you to bring in more product than store will need.
They don't care about customer needs more about hitting numbers.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Horrible management
Kellogg
Operations Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYJune 7, 2016
money is good, hours are long, get paid very well for over time. Senior management is lacking in leadership skills. Have a lot of turn around on employees and salary staff. Have been short on supervisors for at least 2 years.
Pros
money is good
Cons
senior leadership is bad
Kellogg Culture changed
Strategic Customer Account Assoc (Former Employee) –  MichiganJune 2, 2016
Kellogg's is a great company, however, with the changes compensation changed. But the co-workers and Team Leads are excellent and very fun.
Pros
It is a changing environment
Cons
Training could be better
Nice place with great co-workers
Lead Mixer Operator / Office Facilitator (Current Employee) –  Wyoming, MIJune 1, 2016
I enjoy working for Kellogg in every facet except management doesn't help you advance within the company very well. A system is in place to help, but not followed very well.
production lines
sanitation department (Former Employee) –  Muncy, PAMay 31, 2016
i have work on all three production lines /also in shipping and receiving/ and hand packing area some days were harder because of lack of team work
Pros
able to work in a frendly environment
Cons
shifts kept changeing
Fast paced environment
Picker/Packer Expediter (Former Employee) –  Lewisville, TXMay 18, 2016
Stack pallets, stage product, pick product, clean up work areas, assemble pre-cut boxes for store displays, pushing out material thats needed from customers.
Salary for an hourly job
Retail Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Texarkana, TXMay 11, 2016
I spent 50 hours or more each week stocking freight and 15 or more driving. That's all before trying to sell extra displays, building displays, or even trying to meet with management. Couple that with your boss, the regional boss, and the corporate office always sending in off season items to all of your stores without your consent. The majority of the time they wouldn't even tell you what was coming in advance. You had part time merchandisers but never had enough hours to give them.
Pros
Company car
Cons
Doing your job right forces you to work 80 hours a week
A new set of challenges every day.
Territory Service Representative (Current Employee) –  MassachusettsMay 11, 2016
A typical work day will have you out the door early(7:30) and home by dinner(8:00). The hardest part of the job is getting all your scheduled work done in a reasonable amount of time. Since I have been employed by Kelloggs they always seem to be in constant change and turmoil. It can be a great job, but from the top down it seems that they purposely make the job harder than it has to be. The most enjoyable part of the job is the relationships that you can grow with store personnel.
Pros
An ever changing environment. Never in one place longer than a few hours.
Cons
There is no appreciation for your efforts. Just another part of the machine.
production
Mixer Operator (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GAMay 11, 2016
great place to work, good people to work with, I learn a lot about operation management, food safety good pay mixing dough for production
Pros
great benefits
Cons
some people laying out work
Kellogg is a great company that creates amazing brands.
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYMay 10, 2016
During a typical day at work, you can find a way to improve to improve a process. Kellogg will empower you to look for these type of opportunities. This company has helped me learn how to engage people in different ways to build a great work environment.
Deplorable
Part-Time Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 9, 2016
Typical Day At Work- Being psychologically manipulated and abused by co-workers, customers, managers and your own internal dialogue.

What I learned- Life is short. Nothing matters. Humans are a negative species. When I die, everything about me will be forgotten, everything is meaningless. We are all pawns in a corporate and capitalist society obsessed with things of monetary value and materialistic worth, one in which that only benefits the top one percent, that rules this country, and the world with their ravenous greed and corruption.

Management- Despicable.

Co-workers- Didn't have any, but had the displeasure of working with people who worked at the various stores I had to service. What a terrible experience. Reduced my faith in humanity to an even GREATER extent.

Hardest Part of the Job- Interacting with mindless consumerist clones albeit customers, co-workers, or supervisors. Hamsters running on a wheel.The underbelly of what is wrong with society, this country, and the world.

The Most Enjoyable part- Changing my phone number the day I quit.
Pros
Cons
ALL OF IT.
The work environment was stressful and tough, but inside this rough environment there are good people.
Line Technician (Former Employee) –  Jackson, TNMay 9, 2016
A Typical day at work was spontaneous. I never knew if something would break down or added to our station. the demand for employees was always fluctuating, it was almost day and night. i learned that as an employee you either love the culture our you waist time being content.
Pros
Free Lunches, access to food products
Cons
short breaks, cheap health Care, slow advancement

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kellogg Company. Our community is ready to answer.