Kellogg Company Employee Reviews in United States

Overall not good experience for me
Randstad Temp (warehouse) (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAJuly 27, 2016
I was never really given a job title, they had me work mostly in the warehouse (that's why I just considered myself a warehouse worker) there I would write part numbers down mostly all day that my fingers would hurt, then I helped clean and get rid of stuff, I was never really explained what to do, usually I would just clean, then when I finished I would have to look for management to see what else they wanted me to help with.
Pros
Free ice cream
Cons
So much inconsistencies
Very fast pace working environment, meeting great people.
Territory Manager (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJuly 25, 2016
Your daily routine would be to travel to your accounts, on selected days you would stock your product on the shelves and or build displays. When you were done you would back stock the difference. Make sure all product was signed and priced correctly and communicate with the manager on a regular basis. You also maintained your work space and kept it neat and in order.
Certain days you need to order product for the following delivery day. communicated with managers on what was on sale and to get extra display space for your product.
Pros
Great people, personable managers. Great product to support
Cons
breaks on your own. not a lot of confidence from the District manager at that time.
decent part time job full time is a different story
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Battle Creek, MIJuly 25, 2016
Worked there three and a half years mostly as a part time merchandiser then went full time I lasted three months as a full time employee they think they own you. They will tell you what you want to hear then do what they want.
Pros
flexible schedules as a part time employee
Cons
benefits are ok. the pay could be more, management team questionable
Exciting engaged with all aspects of business
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Boston, MA southshoreJuly 23, 2016
Extremely passionate and committed to role of Retail Sales Mgr. Responsible for managing territory that generated $3 million in sales
Executed strategies that exceeded company goals for sales, market and growth on a regulare basis
Established weekly targets to ensure sustainable business performance
Personally initiated additional business growth by selling incremental units above and beyond corporate display planner objectives
Interpreted and analyzed financial data to identify and develope strategies to optimize sales performance
Responsible for planning, scheduling, and overseeing of four field merchandisers to deliver and install point of sales display materials
excellent place to work. generous benefits. good people
Driver/Warehouse (Former Employee) –  Newington, CTJuly 15, 2016
workday was busy always. the workers looked out for each other and helped if needed.
the company was a great place to work.
good workplace enviroment
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Minooka, ILJuly 12, 2016
you will learn how to use the system in the warehouse and slowly start taking over with your knowledge using your leadership skills. working with your coworkers everyday to get the job done the best part about working here is you do your work without someone over your shoulder telling you what to do. At the end of the day they review your work and check what errors you made or how you can improve your work for the next day.
Pros
work on your own
Cons
schedule is not organized
Excellent Pay
Maintenance Mechanic (Food) (Former Employee) –  Zanesville, OHJuly 12, 2016
Excellent pay, benefits and balance between work and family time. Great working environment being ac cooled. They have 8 hour and 12 hour schedules. 12 hour schedules rotate one week work 4 days and the next 3 days. Pay is weekly.
Evolving Company with a Staff that has a wealth of Engineering Experience and Proprietary Knowledge
Senior Specialist, Information Management (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 11, 2016
Each day KBR employees are challenged to solve problems critically and collaborate to improve efficiency on current processes.

I learned how to gather and provide user requirements with like minded service oriented colleagues that are devoted to providing quality deliverable on an accelerated schedule.

Management was constantly evolving to make KBR profitable in light of the declining prosperity of the energy industry and made strides to ensure employee retention.
Senior Speciliast, Information Management (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 11, 2016

not a physically demanding job but a frustrating one.
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Canandaigua, NYJuly 7, 2016
Benefits are okay, Mileage reimbursement is a joke and you are only scheduled to do a few stores a day so it is difficult to get hours.
great fun place to work
MAINTENANCE PLANNER/SUPERVISOR (Current Employee) –  indianaJuly 6, 2016
Everyone is a team player and ready to help. The plant is temperature controlled and easy to get around. I never have trouble getting this done.
Pros
great team
Cons
slow periods
Very Good Job
Associate (Former Employee) –  Battle Creek, MIJuly 1, 2016
I worked in the plant initially as a production worker making the cereal , then progressed to a crew leader held in addition bid.
I later bid on a warehouse position, and ultimately worked as a unitizer operator before my husband and I relocated to Ohio.
My job consisted of monitoring cases coming from the plant via a conveyor system to our unitizers which stacked the cases and then they proceeded to a wrapper then they were picked up by robots and taken to assigned lanes.
The hardest part of my job was clearing of conveyor jams, when things ran well it was a very good day and when they didn't it was horrible. Troubleshooting , directing of cases, housekeeping was daily. I absolutely loved my job.
Pros
paid well, opportunity for as much overtime as you want
Cons
seven days a week, mandatory overtime sometimes
Good pay, and benefits.
Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, KSJune 23, 2016
Was able to advance rather quickly, went from operator to Team Lead in just over a year. Diverse work force, most relatively respectful, helpful, and nice. Would recommend as a good place to start in Manufacturing.
Environmental Health & Safety Technician (Current Employee) –  Augusta, GAJune 23, 2016
It is an overall good place to work. Augusta plant is a wonderful place though. The current plant manager cares for the people and the products we produce.
Seasonal College Help
Seasonal Employee (Former Employee) –  Battle Creek, MIJune 19, 2016
I worked college summer help for vacationing regular help for two summers before the program was axed in 1994. I really cannot comment on any thing else, since it has been 20+ years since I worked there.
Wasn't Awful
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  UtahJune 15, 2016
I would honestly work here again, if it weren't for an injury that is preventing me from doing so. I surely didn't hate it, actually enjoyed working here quite a bit. A few drawbacks though: not enough hours, they'll want you to drive quite a ways sometimes simply to do a job that someone else cannot do and depending on your manager you may get thrown under the bus a few times. It is a fun job though, you really get to know great people and get your work done really early and end up having the whole day to just do as you please. Give it a try, you may find that you like it.
Pros
Great people, great hours and some good management
Cons
Pay (Kellogg is plenty big enough to pay better, come on now.)
independant work
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Wausau, WIJune 14, 2016
On specific days I was expected to go to certain grocery stores and accept orders and stock the shelves with any remaining back stock and then put out any new product that came in. I occasionally assisted in building or tearing down displays.
Pros
working at my own pace
Cons
lack of communication beetween the managers and where I should be working and for how long.
Loved this place
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GAJune 14, 2016
I really loved my job. I trained, forklift and was a Machine Operator.

The co workers were great and the bosses were great.. I really enjoyed working here.
Good
IT OPERATIONS ANALYST ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 13, 2016
Great company to work for. Great people to have worked with over the years. Great experience to have learned so much in my education of working in the Data Center.
No work/life balance
Packing Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEJune 10, 2016
I love my job, but after many years of working many 80 hour weeks it can become stressful. An average day is 8 hours, although depending on overtime, they can tell you that they need you to either come in early or stay over 4 hours. Regardless of what events or appointments that you have. you cannot say no. Its a great job. Sometimes it just takes a little out of you.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kellogg Company. Our community is ready to answer.