Kellogg Company Employee Reviews in United States

Job filled need when I needed it.
Part time Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Frederick, MDAugust 23, 2016
Liked the position. Very hard on the body physically. No chance of moving up for a woman in this company. Definitely a "good Ole boys" club. Pay was good for a part time job. Flexible with no one looking over your shoulder watching you. You must be self starter and need little direction as communication from upper management was awful. Obvious you were just a number to them.
Pros
Good money for part time job. Flexible.
Cons
No opportunity for advancement
A Job Well Missed
Palletizer (Former Employee) –  Statham, GAAugust 18, 2016
Another great job, great environment, one of the cleanest plants I have ever worked in, the workers and the team leads got along very well, My job was to stack off and shrink wrap all finished product to be picked up by fork lift. I loved the job and hate that the Kellogg & Keebler Cookies close down and gave us all severance check.
Pros
Free Cookies and Snacks
Cons
No food served in the Cafeteria, have to bring food from home.
great internship program
Production, Operations Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHAugust 17, 2016
the internship program at kellogg is as productive and useful as one wants it to be. you get out what you put in. you recieve exposure to different departments within the company.
Rewarding position within the company helped grow my experience and interpersonnel skills
Territory Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Lexington, SCAugust 16, 2016
Wonderful company to work for, always keeping us informed of upcoming sales within our area and is very employee-safety oriented.
Pros
Built many relationships with other vendors and store management
Cons
Constant driving
it's not a terrible job, but ....
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  New HampshireAugust 16, 2016
It's not a terrible company to work for, but upper management needs to step out on to the sales floor in order to really see how un realistic their expectations are. They have made a lot of changes to the company. Not good ones either. They want a months advance notice for time off, as a part time employee you get no vacation time, no holiday pay, no benefits, very little travel pay in-between stores. Over all managements expectations are unrealistic. I like the fact that you get to travel around and aren't stuck on one spot all day. But I've been with the company three years now and am really starting to dislike there high expectations and not even listening to their employees
Pros
be your own boss, traveling around, meeting new people
Cons
upper management, month notice for time off, unrealistic expectations
It's OK besides so much over time
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYAugust 11, 2016
They always drafting for overtime. One minute it's based of seniority next it's based on how many overtime hours you do during the week. Management sucks they don't properly make sure new hires get the proper training. You work so many hours they leave you by your self. The hours don't mean you actually know the job
Pros
easy and good pay
Cons
over time, 7 days a week 12 hours shifts
Kellogg's Sales Representative DSD
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  OhioAugust 8, 2016
The role continues to change while the DSD business continues to struggle. Upper management is riddled with people that lack management training and people skills. The hardest part of the role is that you never feel like you are part of a team since you work alone and your superiors tend to treat you like a number. You are disposable so not achieving budgets may result in immediate termination. The nicest thing about the role was being able to control when you work but new technology now monitors your every move.

Anyone looking for an entry level sales role it is a great role where you can learn how to overcome challenges and tough customers. However, if you are looking to switch careers into the industry or have any sales experience stay away from the role you will be disappointed.

The DSD business at Kellogg's will not be around long term so you may want to just avoid it all together as promotability becomes harder and harder.
Pros
Base Pay + Commission is high for the industry
Cons
Management, Training, Promotability
Its alright
Merchandise Manager (Current Employee) –  Gillette, WYAugust 7, 2016
They want more from ya but don't wanna pay ya for it
Hours are good and like working alone
Management does not care about ya at all
Pros
Work at own pace
Cons
Money
Large company, good support. Opportunity for advancement minimal
Site Superintendent and Project Leader (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOAugust 6, 2016
I have been working at KBR for two plus years at KCMO JOC program. The company is a good, solid place to work, but the actual job is very busy and we are constantly understaffed. Need more help doing all of our jobs. Typical day is working in city office building, answering e-mails, scheduling superintendents and jobs, writing RFIs, and Preparing Estimates for city work. Working with managers from KCMO General Services, Aviation, Public Works, Parks and Recreation, Water Services, etc.
Worst place to work
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  San Angelo, TXAugust 6, 2016
Management was rude and never answered phone!Then believes lies from another store and u get term and doesent appreciate u only the coworkers did! The person that does the scheduling doesent know what he's doin either!I wouldn't recommend working for them!
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Not enough hours
Packing Associate,Packaging Operator (Former Employee) –  Rome, GAAugust 5, 2016
I enjoyed my time with this company based on the fact that I felt that corporate actually cared about each employee individually. I started as a temporary employee and was given the opportunity to elevate my status. The diversity of the workforce was the best part for me because I was new to the area and it gave me the experience of getting to know the community
Pros
2 week vacations after hire
Cons
random work days based on need
A day at Kellogg's Snacks Seelyville
Operator 'A (Current Employee) –  Seelyville, INAugust 3, 2016
Overall, the job isn't that bad. It's the lack of management support throughout the day that wears you down. Even most co-workers can't be relied upon to finish a simple task. It has become a very negative atmosphere to work in.
Pros
Full Benefits
Cons
negative work atmosphere
Horrible job
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  New JerseyAugust 2, 2016
Part time job, schedule was all over the place never any consistency, managers were ok as people but as a co-worker they sucked especially managers, way to much over stock, would be stuck in one store for over 2 hours just going thru backstock, was fired for calling my manager old lol no kidding around with this company, its ok found a better job with better $$$.
Pros
Cons
Don't do it company sucks
Management needs improvement
Pipefitter (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 1, 2016
Not a great company, management needs improvement, lot of waiting around on job site waiting for materials, besides that they are an ok company to work for
High pressure on sales objectives and managing budget.
Retail Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Hudson County, NJAugust 1, 2016
A lot of freedom to manage to your own time, but at the same time a lot of hours have to be put in, in order to achieve sales objectives. I learned to Manage labor, prepare sales presentations and deal with rejection and abuse in order to reach my goals. The most enjoyable was to get the stores sharp and organized, and keeping our customers happy while being on top ten of our Zone sales.
Pros
Company car, company cel, no office to report.
Cons
No real day off, uncertainty and stress.
The company has a great culture
US Foreign Trade Compliance Manager (Current Employee) –  Battle Creek, MIAugust 1, 2016
The company is lead by the Kvalues, which dictate employee interactions with internal stakeholders and third party providers.
Pros
Compensation and benefits, work-life balance, dress for your day
Cons
Restructuring and minimal job security
Overall not good experience for me
Randstad Temp (warehouse) (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAJuly 27, 2016
I was never really given a job title, they had me work mostly in the warehouse (that's why I just considered myself a warehouse worker) there I would write part numbers down mostly all day that my fingers would hurt, then I helped clean and get rid of stuff, I was never really explained what to do, usually I would just clean, then when I finished I would have to look for management to see what else they wanted me to help with.
Pros
Free ice cream
Cons
So much inconsistencies
Very fast pace working environment, meeting great people.
Territory Manager (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJuly 25, 2016
Your daily routine would be to travel to your accounts, on selected days you would stock your product on the shelves and or build displays. When you were done you would back stock the difference. Make sure all product was signed and priced correctly and communicate with the manager on a regular basis. You also maintained your work space and kept it neat and in order.
Certain days you need to order product for the following delivery day. communicated with managers on what was on sale and to get extra display space for your product.
Pros
Great people, personable managers. Great product to support
Cons
breaks on your own. not a lot of confidence from the District manager at that time.
decent part time job full time is a different story
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Battle Creek, MIJuly 25, 2016
Worked there three and a half years mostly as a part time merchandiser then went full time I lasted three months as a full time employee they think they own you. They will tell you what you want to hear then do what they want.
Pros
flexible schedules as a part time employee
Cons
benefits are ok. the pay could be more, management team questionable
Exciting engaged with all aspects of business
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Boston, MA southshoreJuly 23, 2016
Extremely passionate and committed to role of Retail Sales Mgr. Responsible for managing territory that generated $3 million in sales
Executed strategies that exceeded company goals for sales, market and growth on a regulare basis
Established weekly targets to ensure sustainable business performance
Personally initiated additional business growth by selling incremental units above and beyond corporate display planner objectives
Interpreted and analyzed financial data to identify and develope strategies to optimize sales performance
Responsible for planning, scheduling, and overseeing of four field merchandisers to deliver and install point of sales display materials

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kellogg Company. Our community is ready to answer.