Kellogg Company Employee Reviews

Fast Paced , high stress
Territory Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Franklin, MAJanuary 6, 2018
A lot of driving, must hit budgets, deal with many different personalities in stores. My job was deleted. Have to cold sell to people in stores. Not enough merchandisers
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Too much driving, worked holidays
job
Batter mix /Wheel operator (Former Employee) –  Rossville, TNJanuary 5, 2018
good place to work,you can as many hours as u like,, I learned how to do several difference type of jobs,, the culture is a nice place to work. The most enjoyable part of the job is the pay.
Great Company to be assciated with.
Division Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 5, 2018
Top fortune 500 company to be associated with. Good management,
great employees. Top brands that are highly visible and easy to get to market,. However too many channels which eventually became an issue in distribution,
Pros
Great image
No longer viable
Territory Service Representative (Former Employee) –  OhioJanuary 3, 2018
The merchandiser position is no longer viable as well as the RSM position. Was a good job while it lasted. They got rid of all of their retail positions.
Worked for six months
Infeed (Former Employee) –  Seelyville, INJanuary 3, 2018
Worked here for six months and that was enough for me. Job was really stressful and fast-paced. They never had enough people working on the line, so there were lots of setbacks. Coworkers were always stressed and unhappy. Only worked three-four days a week. Overall, terrible place to work. I'm sad that people lost their jobs when the plant shut down, but I'm not sad the plant did shut down. Nobody really took their jobs seriously. More people standing around talking than doing their jobs. Got sent home early a few times.
Pros
30 min lunch, three day weekends
Cons
coworkers who did not help, 32 hour or less work weeks
very productive
Casepacker (Former Employee) –  Pikeville, KYJanuary 2, 2018
such a demanding fast paced environment. management and coworkers were amazing to work with. the work expectation volume was overwhelming at times. job training was superb
Pros
free food
Cons
cameras everywhere watching every move
fun workplace
Operator (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GADecember 30, 2017
kelloggs is a good job and what i learn is how to work on machine and it good place to work at and to make money at. And the most fun part about the job is that you learn more
Good company for compenastion and benefits
District Sales Manager - Nor Cal Zone (Current Employee) –  Fresno, CADecember 28, 2017
Most of my experience was positive but did go through 12 transitions in the 24+ years I worked at Kelloggs.
CPG industry is very competitive and it just seems Kelloggs is not a leader but a follower.
Pros
Good pay and benefits
Cons
Many changes seems behind the times with technology versus other CPG companies.
7 day a week with under educated management
Production Crew Leader (Current Employee) –  Battle Creek, MIDecember 28, 2017
expect 7 days a week and being forced for a 16 hour shift at least once a week. First starting you will be thrown around to multiple shifts, likely working each shift at least once every week. If you like money more than family, friends, and time this is the place for you. If you prefer not to be treated like corporate slave, id suggest you walk away. Once you start, its hard to walk away due to the pay and benefits. As we all say here, signing the job acceptance is signing your soul to Kelloggs. So think carefully what you chase after.
Pros
Pay and Benefits
Cons
Everything. Worst Environment EVER!!
bad on your car
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Lake Geneva, WIDecember 27, 2017
I don't have anything to say. go to the stores unload your product, place on shelf, check out of codes. that's it
I didn't learn anything I knew the job already.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
hard on your car
Enjoyable to work with my customers
RETAIL SALES MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Kennewick, WADecember 27, 2017
Sales, marketing, forecasting, training, merchandising, mentoring, ordering, and customer service. Learned how to lead a team and delegate duties. Had a great, supportive management team. Great workplace culture. Hardest part of the job was keeping morale up as the company had made many changes in the years I wa employed. Most enjoyable part of the job was working with my customers and hitting my sales goals.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Company restructuring
great and friendly
Production Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Rossville, TN 38066December 27, 2017
kelloggs is a great place to work. friendly and very educational. the workers are very helpful. I learned alot of ways to work in the kelloggs company,
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  801 sunshine kckDecember 26, 2017
Long hours , forced overtime moments notice .union poor results on complaints, employees benefits during contract negotiations. Management not always on same page shift to shift.
Production Worker
Production/Assembler/Utility Worker (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, KSDecember 22, 2017
Kelloggs was a stable work place. I had a set schedule and all the over time i requested!! And for this reason I loved working there and would refer anyone to get a job there.
enjoy production
Production Supervisor (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CADecember 22, 2017
fun place to work. fast paced day. enjoy the challenges of taking on the day. Pay is competitive in area which is great being in silicon valley. crew is great to work with.
Management was very hard to deal with
Class A CDL Truck Driver/Warehouse (Current Employee) –  Earth City, MODecember 20, 2017
Had ups and downs ending with kelloggs shutting down all distribution centers nationwide. Ran the place as shorthanded as they could which put a huge strain on family life. Never knew when your workday was going to end. Had many 14 hour work days.
Pros
pay was good
Cons
bad management
Excellent Benefits
TSR (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZ 85043December 19, 2017
For full time employees the starting pay , benefits , milage and discounts that were available to you were Better than any company i have worked for...the only stressful part of the job was not having enough help..
Pros
to many to list
Cons
none to mention
Choose Another Company
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, NHDecember 19, 2017
Though I really have nothing bad to say about the company itself, my experience with Kellogg Snacks could have been different if my immediate supervisors didn't continuously change. Like many food merchandising positions you will have to share your stores with other representatives who may or may not do a better job than you, often resulting in store management complaining to you if a job hadn't been done right by someone else. The expectations of keeping your stores happy fall onto your shoulders regardless of PT/FT status. As for the work, you could be working anywhere from 1-2 stores in a single day or as many as 5-6 as requested, during holidays multiple trips to the same stores.
Pros
Freedom of Travel, When You Begin Your Day and Indepedence
Cons
No Paid Mileage and only Paid Drive Time Between Stores
The team I worked with was outstanding
Route Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 18, 2017
Fun place to work at. Position was eliminated due to restructuring in the company. Pay was good. Work life balance was good. Very nice boss and team.
Pros
Work life balance
Cons
Position eliminated
Great place to be an intern.
Tech Support & Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CADecember 16, 2017
During my internship in this company I loved the great people and all the coaching they provided by letting me work in such a big company and experience the work life.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kellogg Company. Our community is ready to answer.