Kellogg Company Employee Reviews

They are laying everyone off in a few months dont apply
part time merchandiser (Former Employee) –  NJFebruary 13, 2017
They are going direct ....shipping orders to stores in a few months dont apply you will get laid off
Worked for the company for 3 years no room for advancement no raises no benefits ...
Took the company cars away and we had to pay for our own gas
Pros
Cons
Toomany to list
it's not a terrible job, but ....
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  New HampshireAugust 16, 2016
It's not a terrible company to work for, but upper management needs to step out on to the sales floor in order to really see how un realistic their expectations are. They have made a lot of changes to the company. Not good ones either. They want a months advance notice for time off, as a part time employee you get no vacation time, no holiday pay, no benefits, very little travel pay in-between stores. Over all managements expectations are unrealistic. I like the fact that you get to travel around and aren't stuck on one spot all day. But I've been with the company three years now and am really starting to dislike there high expectations and not even listening to their employees
Pros
be your own boss, traveling around, meeting new people
Cons
upper management, month notice for time off, unrealistic expectations
Good company with good products
District Sales Manager - Louisville (Current Employee) –  Evansville, INFebruary 20, 2017
Overall pleased with company. Provided good support of front line management and offered a very competitive pay and benefit program. Met a lot of good people at Kellogg Snacks
Was a great place to work
Route Driver & Order Selector (Current Employee) –  New Hudson, MIFebruary 20, 2017
Was a great place to work until they decided to close there snack distribution down on Feb 8 2017. Putting thousands of people out of work. That's sales, merchandisers, management, warehouse, and drivers.
Pros
Great pay and benefits
Cons
Lost of job 7-29-2017
Overall fun environment, positive
Sales and Merchandising (Former Employee) –  palmadaleMarch 9, 2017
Not a lot of room for advancement, decent pay due to workload, sales and merchandising combined. Not a lot of support as far as management and workload verses time allowed is unrealistic.
Pros
experience and pay
Cons
support and advancement
Senior level account management and people development
Retail Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Orange County, CAFebruary 14, 2017
Planning based on company targets, expectations, and actions. Meet with my direct report team of 4 individuals and discuss best steps for execution and implementation. Then discuss resources needed including scheduling time commitments to meet criteria. I learned that observation is key after clear and specific measures have been agreed. Coaching and development is an aspect of the job I enjoy greatly becasue of the ability to improve others to make the organization better for the future. Making strong negotiations and having the results shape as planned and forecasted makes my day complete and is one of the most enjoyable time in my career. I love meeting new people in new environments while growing the business results faster than the expectations.
Pros
Company Car, Home Office, many resources, and great people and leaders
Cons
Company re-organization nation-wide in 2016. Career path changes within the company.
Ok Place to work
Operations Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Terre Haute, INFebruary 22, 2017
Good pay with good benefits awesome culture and learned a lot. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with different personalities and being able to help each one.
Pros
Good Pay and benifits
Cons
Poor corporate Managment/Practice what you preach
Greedy Corporate Pigs
Class A CDL Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Hartford, CTMarch 8, 2017
This place would sell thier own mother if it would get them one more nickel. The upper management are a bunch of bush league hacks that got fired from previous employment and landed here at a discount.
Pros
Cons
The greed is disgusting
Good Company lots of change
Regional Sales Trainer (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 9, 2017
Lots of change leading to instability within the organization. Great pay and benefits, constant restructure with no sense of job security within the organization.
Job Discontinued
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNFebruary 13, 2017
I was just hired in November of 2016, on February 9, 2017 we were informed of a mandatory conference call where all employees were notified that our jobs are discontinued as of August 1, 2017. The pay for the KM position is good, but management goes from one extreme to another, I am often times scheduled to work on my days off, and then the area manager calls and tells me that I am spending too much time at each stop and have too many hours, but my immediate supervisor (KSD) leaves me a list of duties on "Stay In Front" that is so detailed that I have no choice but to work extra time at each store, when I have not been as detailed my KSD yells at me and states that I HAVE to be more thorough and then the area manager calls me back and tells me to spend more time at each stop, you can never satisfy the management staff. I have received text messages at 3:00 a.m., and am constantly having to take tests on my days off!
Pros
Nice wage and mileage reimbursement (when their Motus program pays you)
Cons
Managment disorganized, hours long, health insurance refuses to pay for some drugs).
laid off for restructions
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Battle Creek, MIMarch 14, 2017
Start at first account work back stock product, talk to management order sales items and empty shelves. Go to my next stop and repeat process until i reach my last stop.
Pros
freedom on schedules
Cons
Great high paced place to work
Regional Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Cranbury, NJMarch 5, 2017
Great high paced place to work. If u like a challenge this is the place for you. Daily quotas and guidelines this company makes you a stronger salesperson,
benefits
Kellogg's Sales Representative DSD
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  OhioAugust 8, 2016
The role continues to change while the DSD business continues to struggle. Upper management is riddled with people that lack management training and people skills. The hardest part of the role is that you never feel like you are part of a team since you work alone and your superiors tend to treat you like a number. You are disposable so not achieving budgets may result in immediate termination. The nicest thing about the role was being able to control when you work but new technology now monitors your every move.

Anyone looking for an entry level sales role it is a great role where you can learn how to overcome challenges and tough customers. However, if you are looking to switch careers into the industry or have any sales experience stay away from the role you will be disappointed.

The DSD business at Kellogg's will not be around long term so you may want to just avoid it all together as promotability becomes harder and harder.
Pros
Base Pay + Commission is high for the industry
Cons
Management, Training, Promotability
Trying to find themselves
Senior Retail Manager (Current Employee) –  East RegionFebruary 28, 2017
Tough place for a career oriented person

Senior leadership changes at the top every year. Never fully get engaged with the new direction before they make a change

constant structural changes and layoffs, which wouldn't be bad if they hadent resulted in worse performace than the prior change.

Does not engage the field to better the organization, they have a consultant first approach

Brands are failing, but they continue to invest good money into them

Innovation not on trend and often items that we had and deleted years past
Pros
The Name
Cons
alot
Just like mnay other companies bottom line is the only thing that matters
Merchandising (Former Employee) –  MAOctober 22, 2016
Merchandising very physical. Management, well this is" ole school boy" company! One person tells you this and one person tells you that? You work extra hours to cover missed stores the next minute your working too much OT!
Pros
Not many
Cons
Weak salary and car compensation!
Truck Driver Class A (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORFebruary 10, 2017
Pay, benefits and management were great. Good equipment. I'd be working there for years to come if not for the lay offs. I'll miss it.
Review
Retail Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PADecember 12, 2016
I worked a lot of hours and did not feel fairly compensated for the amount of time that I had worked there Benefits were good.
Pros
healthcare benefits
Cons
no work life balance, hours were long
Easy job with great benefits but long hours
Machine Operator II (Current Employee) –  Rome, GADecember 18, 2016
Kelloggs is a great place to work that pays really well!! The work is kinda easy considering the amount of money they pay. The benefits are great!! They could be better at training people to do their job. The hours are pretty long but since they've done a lot of hiring you don't have to work many days a week. But sometimes 6 or 7 days so you never get to see your family. But like I said the pay is great! They're making money that doctors and lawyers are making! Seriously!! I love it!
Pros
Good breaks, benefits, easy
Cons
12 hour shifts, the people
Job filled need when I needed it.
Part time Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Frederick, MDAugust 23, 2016
Liked the position. Very hard on the body physically. No chance of moving up for a woman in this company. Definitely a "good Ole boys" club. Pay was good for a part time job. Flexible with no one looking over your shoulder watching you. You must be self starter and need little direction as communication from upper management was awful. Obvious you were just a number to them.
Pros
Good money for part time job. Flexible.
Cons
No opportunity for advancement
The company has a great culture
US Foreign Trade Compliance Manager (Current Employee) –  Battle Creek, MIAugust 1, 2016
The company is lead by the Kvalues, which dictate employee interactions with internal stakeholders and third party providers.
Pros
Compensation and benefits, work-life balance, dress for your day
Cons
Restructuring and minimal job security

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kellogg Company. Our community is ready to answer.