Kellogg Company Employee Reviews

Merchandiser
Merchandising (Former Employee) –  Battle Creek, MINovember 30, 2015
Fun place to work supportive management. Decent amount of pay for work at hand, good training. But not enough work or hours to keep employment.
Pros
flexible
Cons
not enough hours
great money maker
Bulk Unloader (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, KSNovember 30, 2015
great for change if you like moving around at a company but lots of forced overtime and low morale all supervisors use the same I should write you up tactic for any infraction no matter how large or small
Pros
great pay
Cons
low morale long hours lots of forced overtime
Caual on call work is interesting. You meet alot of new people.
Casual on call temp. (Former Employee) –  Battle Creek, MINovember 28, 2015
Sweep floors, dump cereal fines bins from under conveyers, Clean equipment as part of sanitation. report to Supervisor or lead as required. Management was nice. They really never knew one on call from the other. Co workers I only knew the ones I was trained with. They were nice. Hardest part of the job. Was not knowing whom your Supervisor was. Usually met with the leads for area worked. Leads do the on the job training or have a full time worker show what is to be done.
Excellent Place to Work
Manager, Ethics & Compliance (Current Employee) –  Battle Creek, MINovember 23, 2015
A typical day for me would include triage of ethics inquiries, concerns and allegations; responding to standard company policies as it relates to the Global Code of Ethics; Sharepoint sites maintenance; designing eLearning modules; administering training campaigns to a global audience; designing eLearning modules in multiple languages. Working closing with various vendors contracted by our department.
Pros
Big company, small town. Excellent work/life balance, compensation, and culture.
Slow moving, insular company
Director (Current Employee) –  Battle Creek, MINovember 20, 2015
Organization is Very resistant to change, insular and bureaucratic. Lots of tactical activities...leadership lacks strategic vision and capabilities to transform the 'old' sleepy company to a winning CPG organization. Company does not invest in talent, no real career paths.
Pros
Low hanging fruit, good pay, good benefits, great work-life
Cons
Lacks diversity, strategic focus and career development
very fun place to work
Administrative Support (contractor) (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHNovember 17, 2015
Very good company my daily duties included faxing and filing and updating database with scheduling My co-worker was my boss very nice lady hardest part of the job was the filing it was intense most enjoyable part of the job was the people interacting with them was fun
Pros
cookouts
Cons
industrial environment
Great teamwork environment
Oven Operator; Arc-all cleaner (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GANovember 17, 2015
Great work place with supportive management and team work.
Emphasis on team work and safety. The best part of the job was the working environment, cross training, and being part of an illustrious team.
Pros
Great benefits
Kellogg Review
Senior Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 9, 2015
See other Kellogg review. Very good compensation and rewarding company to work for. One negative is they are a little slow to adapt to changes in the market.
I loved it
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  NevadaNovember 9, 2015
Some times I worked alone. I traveled a lot. My typical day required me to lift and unload the truck.There was nothing hard about the job.
a typical day at work
PACKING UTILITY, (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYNovember 8, 2015
I loaded and unloaded materials on a daily. I assisted my fellow co-workers with their tasks. I kept a clean free environment.

Want to know more about Kellogg Company?

Ask a question
Management is terrible
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Wyoming, MINovember 6, 2015
Management is terrible. They want robots working for them instead of real people.

They blame the employee for any injury, regardless of the circumstances.

Wouldn't allow me to use earned vacation time.
Pros
Pay, hours, benefits
Cons
Breaks, coworkers, management
part time job
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  New YorkNovember 6, 2015
This is a part time position. Salary could be better. Hours could be more consistent

schedule is flexible. Good manager.
Great Comapny to work for
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  La Palma, CANovember 6, 2015
This is a good job for anyone who can work on their own and remain motivated. The only two reasons I am searching elsewhere is because I want out of the grocery industry and the commute to my territory has become rather taxing.
Pros
make your own hour (to an extent), freedom, good pay
Cons
your phone rings after business hours and on weekends
lot of over time hardly no time offlot of over time hardly no time off. good group of co-worker to work with. not alot of issuse wiht them. ,
Supervisor of Operations (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNNovember 4, 2015
lot of over time hardly no time off. good group of co-worker to work with. not alot of issuse wiht them. ,Lot of walking a checking to ensuse that everone is safe ad that a good quailt produt is being makd.. ensure that producton is meet
Pros
overtime
Cons
notime off
Great company with strong values that people strive to follow
HR (Current Employee) –  GANovember 4, 2015
Kellogg is a great company with very competitive wages and benefits. There is less work life balance in manufacturing facilities than corporate roles, but the people are great.
No Company car
Merchandiser/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  PANovember 2, 2015
No company car-- Expected to travel without gas money etc

Nothing else to talk about= Supervisor is ok - But commuting back and forth is not ok
Pros
Bouncy
Cons
Hours
A challenge daily, but worth it.
Chief Regional Engineer-Base Electrical Power Grid (Former Employee) –  Kosovo/Romania/Bulgaria/MacedoniaNovember 1, 2015
Very involved management team and very supportive from the top to the bottom at all times. Daily communication regardless of my location for updates by upper management. A great team to work with.
Pros
Support & training.
Cons
Procedures/Red Tape.
interesting work place
Hand Packing/Case Packing (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIOctober 31, 2015
Awesome people to work with. Positive environment. Don't get hired through Manpower Group because they will over work you and give you minimum wage.
Pros
busy work days
Cons
Bad pay if you get hired through Manpower Group
Unfortunately I connot say it is a great place to work in the department I work in.
Crew Scheduler (Current Employee) –  Muncy, PAOctober 27, 2015
The pay is good but you work a lot of hours. My co-workers are easy to get along with and enjoyable to work with.
The department I work in has a high turnover of employee's therefore it requires us to work a lot of extra hours.
Also if there is someone out on vacation in the department we have to cover them by working double hours with in a week.
Pros
Great pay
Cons
mandatory work hours doesn't let much time for family
Good Job to hold me over and pay bills
Part time merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAOctober 26, 2015
travel around South Philadelphia and stock grocery store shelves. no direct supervision, just plans directly from manager and store managers.
Pros
no direct supervision, work at my pace and trusted to be responsible and professional.
Cons
low pay and if business is slow hours are not always available.