Kellogg Company Employee Reviews

Found 1,091 reviews matching the search
Job was eliminated!!
Territory Retail Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Quincy, ILJuly 25, 2017
Not enough hours to live on.
No room for advancement.
They decided to eliminate jobs
and did not inform us until the last minute.
I enjoyed the job but not enough hours to live on.
Kellogg Company
Transportation Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Sumner, WAJuly 24, 2017
Kellogg's is shutting down all the DSD operations and will no longer be in the distribution game. The Distribution Centers are closing as of August 31st.
Not the good ole' days
Key Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Battle Creek, MIJuly 24, 2017
someday this will be a good company to be at....right now, it is not. no work life balance, do more with less FOR less, be able and willing to work 24/7.
hours were somewhat flexable
Territory Manager (Current Employee) –  Battle Creek, MIJuly 23, 2017
I enjoyed the work and the people I worked with
unfortunately, because of a restructure, many jobs were lost including mine.
If offered, I would accept.
Pros
very little one on one supervision
Cons
jobs lost because of the restructure
USED to be a great place to work
Manager Sales Agency (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 22, 2017
Kellogg was one of the best companies that I ever worked for prior to the blending of Snacks division and the demise of the company. No one's position is safe - no bonuses are paid, even with top management still receiving theirs. All benefits including company cars were taken away. Horrible environment - no one is happy or wants to stay. Working the positions of up to 4 people now. THOUSANDS of long time employees let go - or no reason other than bad upper management. Do not work for Kellogg.
Pros
Absolutely Nothing
Cons
Almost everything - benefits, environment
great company
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Union City, GAJuly 21, 2017
its a great company but sorry to say that they have decide to get rid of the dsd department within the company. the company has had this department for many years and its sad to see people lose there jobs.
Pros
great pay
Cons
no more dsd
Great people - working with grocery stores - fun environment
District Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJuly 21, 2017
Kellogg's is a great company to work. The product is high quality and the company has a solid history of good business decisions. The changes they made this year were tough - they decided to exit DSD and changed the way they will be going to business. Many jobs were lost this year.

Kellogg's snacks managed all aspects of the business in each store - Walmart, Kroger, Target to name a few. We would write orders, merchandise the product, build displays and manage all product in each store - shelves and back room. We built solid working relationships with the stores and grew the business for many years. This format was very successful. This year Kellogg made many changes and the DSD format is going away. Now all product will be shipped to each companies WHS an taken care of by store employees.

The culture has always been strong. They care about their employees and its always been a place that focuses on work life balance.
Pros
Working with many great people, known products and company
Cons
Constant changes, rising prices
demanding sales position
Retail Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Battle Creek, MIJuly 21, 2017
Fast pace job. Relationship building a must. Current job position is no longer available. a new support orgaization is being put in place. sales reps will have new responsabilities.
Pros
plan your own work day
Company is great!
Quality Supervisor / Relief Production Supervisor (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAJuly 20, 2017
Kellogg is a great company.

The most enjoyable part of my job at Kellogg was working side by side with the operators and constantly learning from them.

I was hired as a production supervisor and when the Quality Manager left, I took care of food safety (quality).
Benefits
Cons
Schedule
worked for kellogg's snacks for 11 years
CDL "A" Truck Driver / Warehouse / replenishment (Current Employee) –  Franklin, MAJuly 19, 2017
i enjoyed working for kellogg's snacks and thankful i had the chance to work there for 11 years . It was a great and stable job. sad to have it come to an end
Good place to work. Immediate managers are good to work for
Driver (Former Employee) –  Warren, OHJuly 19, 2017
Equipment is generally in Good shape, well maintained. Start times are early and run till around 2:00 to 3:00 in the afternoon. Delivered mainly cookies and crackers to grocery stores. All product on pallets.
productive fast pace but great work environment
Picker, Inventory (Former Employee) –  Minooka, ILJuly 19, 2017
picker with Kellogg products. fast paced environment. Using the RF scanner, would tell you the exact location and quantity you would have to pick. was with you every step of the way to make sure not to over-pick or pick the wrong location.
Pros
like that the RF scanner would tell you everything so it was fairly an easy job
Cons
I was inventory for a little while, the manager only needed me temporarily
My position and about 5000 others were completely shut down over the last 8 months
Territory Sales Rep/Route Relief/Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Helena, MTJuly 18, 2017
Lots of travel and overnights to cover open routes and vacations. Some managers were not very qualified to manage themselves let alone others. The others I worked with tolerated the manager's shortcomings and performed their jobs expertly. Being away from home every week for 7 months was the hardest part of the job.
Pros
well compensated
Cons
the company ended our jobs
Loved it!
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MAJuly 18, 2017
I absolutely loved my job and my boss! They really worked with me on my availability. Any time off I needed, I was given. I liked the scenery change of going from store to store. The only downside was, I was part time, so no company car. So I racked up a ton of miles on my car.
Pros
Flexible, nice people, a lot of go, go, go!
Cons
All the miles I put on my car.
learn from my work
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Battle Creek, MIJuly 17, 2017
I learn from every job that I have had, from working with Kellogg, I try to make the shelf look neat. I liked the fact that my hours were flexible esp. during the winter hours
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
long hours during the holidays
Competitive working environment
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJuly 17, 2017
Some days can be long. If you have a good merchandising team, the job will be a lot easier. If not, you will have to merchandise a lot of products and fix other peoples messes.
Pros
Flexible schedule, good pay
Cons
May work on Holidays, can work late some days
retail merchandiser
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Ocala, FLJuly 17, 2017
Great company to work for. They were always there to help you one phone call away most of the stores were there to assist you They bring down pallets as need

Management was always a phone call away
The hardest was late truck you had to make up time on next store. The end of the day you know you did the best job every day
Pros
Great to work
Cons
they down size
It was a great place to work
Retail Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Franklin, MAJuly 17, 2017
I really enjoyed my time and the people I worked with. It was difficult when our jobs were eliminated. The job was very fast paced and our days flew by because of this.
great if i had a good trainer
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Klamath Falls, ORJuly 16, 2017
The trainer that was assigned to me was losing her job in 2017. This was due to cuts in the Snacks part of Kelloggs. She, in no way, was a trainer. She didn't answer questions, she wasn't engaging, I heard nothing but destructive criticism from her. I gained more knowledge from the receivers and other merchandisers
Pros
Wonderful working with people and learning new things
Cons
My trainer
Always behind the competitive curve
KELLOGG SALES REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLJuly 16, 2017
Usually slow to react company. Learned a lot about selling and navigating corporate culture. Management was constantly changing and moving the target. Hardest part of the job was managing to complete weekly displays with specified merchandisers. Most enjoyable part was the flexible schedule.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kellogg Company. Our community is ready to answer.