Kellogg Company Employee Reviews in United States

Fast paced environment
Picker/Packer Expediter (Former Employee) –  Lewisville, TXMay 18, 2016
Stack pallets, stage product, pick product, clean up work areas, assemble pre-cut boxes for store displays, pushing out material thats needed from customers.
Salary for an hourly job
Retail Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Texarkana, TXMay 11, 2016
I spent 50 hours or more each week stocking freight and 15 or more driving. That's all before trying to sell extra displays, building displays, or even trying to meet with management. Couple that with your boss, the regional boss, and the corporate office always sending in off season items to all of your stores without your consent. The majority of the time they wouldn't even tell you what was coming in advance. You had part time merchandisers but never had enough hours to give them.
Pros
Company car
Cons
Doing your job right forces you to work 80 hours a week
A new set of challenges every day.
Territory Service Representative (Current Employee) –  MassachusettsMay 11, 2016
A typical work day will have you out the door early(7:30) and home by dinner(8:00). The hardest part of the job is getting all your scheduled work done in a reasonable amount of time. Since I have been employed by Kelloggs they always seem to be in constant change and turmoil. It can be a great job, but from the top down it seems that they purposely make the job harder than it has to be. The most enjoyable part of the job is the relationships that you can grow with store personnel.
Pros
An ever changing environment. Never in one place longer than a few hours.
Cons
There is no appreciation for your efforts. Just another part of the machine.
production
Mixer Operator (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GAMay 11, 2016
great place to work, good people to work with, I learn a lot about operation management, food safety good pay mixing dough for production
Pros
great benefits
Cons
some people laying out work
Kellogg is a great company that creates amazing brands.
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYMay 10, 2016
During a typical day at work, you can find a way to improve to improve a process. Kellogg will empower you to look for these type of opportunities. This company has helped me learn how to engage people in different ways to build a great work environment.
Deplorable
Part-Time Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 9, 2016
Typical Day At Work- Being psychologically manipulated and abused by co-workers, customers, managers and your own internal dialogue.

What I learned- Life is short. Nothing matters. Humans are a negative species. When I die, everything about me will be forgotten, everything is meaningless. We are all pawns in a corporate and capitalist society obsessed with things of monetary value and materialistic worth, one in which that only benefits the top one percent, that rules this country, and the world with their ravenous greed and corruption.

Management- Despicable.

Co-workers- Didn't have any, but had the displeasure of working with people who worked at the various stores I had to service. What a terrible experience. Reduced my faith in humanity to an even GREATER extent.

Hardest Part of the Job- Interacting with mindless consumerist clones albeit customers, co-workers, or supervisors. Hamsters running on a wheel.The underbelly of what is wrong with society, this country, and the world.

The Most Enjoyable part- Changing my phone number the day I quit.
Pros
Cons
ALL OF IT.
The work environment was stressful and tough, but inside this rough environment there are good people.
Line Technician (Former Employee) –  Jackson, TNMay 9, 2016
A Typical day at work was spontaneous. I never knew if something would break down or added to our station. the demand for employees was always fluctuating, it was almost day and night. i learned that as an employee you either love the culture our you waist time being content.
Pros
Free Lunches, access to food products
Cons
short breaks, cheap health Care, slow advancement
unproductive
Forklift operator (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NE 68127May 4, 2016
was hired as a seasonal b which means temp. right after hired was laid off was not able to hold on any longer. would clean machines, learned a little on the forklift.
Officer No Show
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 1, 2016
The Site requires 2 Guards. you never when it's going to get busy. so it can be quite busy @ times. So I had to do the whole shift alone. But I was able to handle it.
easy going, laid back
Sanitation Worker (Current Employee) –  Lancaster, PAApril 28, 2016
Fairly simple and straightforward job. Mainly cleaning, sweeping, pressure washing, etc the machines and equipment.
A very great atmosphere
Quality Assurance Technician (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 26, 2016
A Typical day at work for me as a Quality Inspector. Tour the plant for Safety as well as documenting products manufactured for that day. During that time I almost always learn how people work and how important it is to work safe no matter what is being manufactured.
It also gives me a chance to consult with Management and learn the different views on being safe. The hardest part of the job is when something goes wrong Rather if it was an Safety issues involving an employee or if it was a product out of Specification because then its always double the work flow everyone is pointing fingers and wondering how something bad Happened as for QA its our job to get answers and documentation.
The most enjoyable part of the job is always when everything runs smooth and everyone is happy it makes you look forward to doing it all over again the next day.
Pros
1 hour Lunches
Cons
you cannot take a luch unless production is running smoothly.
Great Learning Experince
Operation Temp (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 25, 2016
Responsibilities involved learning the food process flow in operations, assisting with entering data into plant systems and understanding how to work in Union environments. Assisted Operations with other task as needed.
Productive fun place to work
Contractor (Former Employee) –  Battle Creek, MIApril 20, 2016
As a contractor at Kellogg. It was a greaat skill bulding, good inenvironment to work. Working at Kelloggs as a contractor, there was was job security, or benefits.
Pros
great learning and skill buiding experience.
Cons
no Job security, or benefits
productive and well friendly oriented
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GAApril 19, 2016
A typical day was mostly fun and socialble.
I learned how to manage shipping material.
My co-workers were always cool and helpful.
The most enjoyable part of my job was being able to work at all.
very clean work environment
Production Worker (Current Employee) –  Zanesville, OHApril 18, 2016
good place to work, management very good to work for, employees are good to work with and the training is good. I would recommend this job to anyone.
Pros
plenty of breaks for long hours
Cons
work can get a little boring
productive, continuous workflow
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  La Palma , CaApril 18, 2016
drive was no more than 15 minutes to and from work.

clock in , speak to my supervisor and get started on my tasks, which would include taking calls,filing scanning, printing, checking and sending email , as well as getting truck drivers paperwork ready for next days trip.

It was very interesting to learn how the whole operation is done each day.

management was doing the best to ensure good , safe working environment for its employees.

As far as the hardest part of this job was that I felt I wasn't valued as one of the regular employees due to being a temp. employee.

There was one co worker I avoided. He always seemed unhappy.
Pros
I enjoyed seeing my husband everyday, who is an employee of 30 years
Cons
i was sorry to see it end
Strong management, great team environment
Customer Service Analyst (Former Employee) –  Battle Creek, MIApril 17, 2016
Excellent management, and recognition was given regularly for a job well done. It was very fast paced and an ability to successfully multitask and work under pressure was imperative. Everyone worked together as a team, and I enjoyed the variety of people I had interactions with every day. The most difficult part of the job was when a situation that was out of my control caused me to not be able to fulfill a request or specific need of a customer. However, most of the time I was able to provide an acceptable alternative
Pros
Flexible work time, benefits
Cons
Transitioning functions to a contracted or third party provider
Fast work the time went quickly
Stocker/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Key West, FLApril 17, 2016
This was a part time job. I was essentially stocking shelves of Kellogg products. The job was mechanical, I worked with relatively caring and friendly people. In summary I was placing stocking grocery shelves. It paid a reasonable salary, but by the nature of the job it was not satisfying or fulfilling.
Pros
the time passed quickly and the pay was sufficient
Cons
Other than interacting with fellow works and customers - not so satisfying.
Great Place to work at
Maintenance Lead (Former Employee) –  Clearfield, UTApril 16, 2016
One of the best job i have ever had to bad they closed the place down. the employees and management was like family. they gave you all the tools you need to get ahead and if you needed more training on something they would send you to school to get it, Miss that place and people.
Pros
exelent people to work with and endless opportunitys
Cons
they closed down
it was fun sometimes
Line worker (Former Employee) –  Jackson, TNApril 15, 2016
I wouldn't mind working there again.
it was easy and hard at the same time because of the standing for so long. and you had to call a number to see if you had to work that day and you had to pay for your work gear and they take it out of your check.
Pros
free chips
Cons
long walks to the building not long enough hours