Kellogg Company Employee Reviews in United States

something new everyday
PART TIME MERCHANDISER (Current Employee) –  High Point, NCDecember 2, 2015
I have the ability to work at my own pace and to work different locations each day. Even though I worked independently, my work is crucial for the success of my company.
Pros
the pay
Cons
the traveling
Merchandiser
Merchandising (Former Employee) –  Battle Creek, MINovember 30, 2015
Fun place to work supportive management. Decent amount of pay for work at hand, good training. But not enough work or hours to keep employment.
Pros
flexible
Cons
not enough hours
great money maker
Bulk Unloader (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, KSNovember 30, 2015
great for change if you like moving around at a company but lots of forced overtime and low morale all supervisors use the same I should write you up tactic for any infraction no matter how large or small
Pros
great pay
Cons
low morale long hours lots of forced overtime
Caual on call work is interesting. You meet alot of new people.
Casual on call temp. (Former Employee) –  Battle Creek, MINovember 28, 2015
Sweep floors, dump cereal fines bins from under conveyers, Clean equipment as part of sanitation. report to Supervisor or lead as required. Management was nice. They really never knew one on call from the other. Co workers I only knew the ones I was trained with. They were nice. Hardest part of the job. Was not knowing whom your Supervisor was. Usually met with the leads for area worked. Leads do the on the job training or have a full time worker show what is to be done.
Excellent Place to Work
Manager, Ethics & Compliance (Current Employee) –  Battle Creek, MINovember 23, 2015
A typical day for me would include triage of ethics inquiries, concerns and allegations; responding to standard company policies as it relates to the Global Code of Ethics; Sharepoint sites maintenance; designing eLearning modules; administering training campaigns to a global audience; designing eLearning modules in multiple languages. Working closing with various vendors contracted by our department.
Pros
Big company, small town. Excellent work/life balance, compensation, and culture.
Slow moving, insular company
Director (Current Employee) –  Battle Creek, MINovember 20, 2015
Organization is Very resistant to change, insular and bureaucratic. Lots of tactical activities...leadership lacks strategic vision and capabilities to transform the 'old' sleepy company to a winning CPG organization. Company does not invest in talent, no real career paths.
Pros
Low hanging fruit, good pay, good benefits, great work-life
Cons
Lacks diversity, strategic focus and career development
very fun place to work
Administrative Support (contractor) (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHNovember 17, 2015
Very good company my daily duties included faxing and filing and updating database with scheduling My co-worker was my boss very nice lady hardest part of the job was the filing it was intense most enjoyable part of the job was the people interacting with them was fun
Pros
cookouts
Cons
industrial environment
Great teamwork environment
Oven Operator; Arc-all cleaner (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GANovember 17, 2015
Great work place with supportive management and team work.
Emphasis on team work and safety. The best part of the job was the working environment, cross training, and being part of an illustrious team.
Pros
Great benefits
Superb place to work ...
Sr. Operations and Capture Manager (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VANovember 15, 2015
Top-notch work environment and leadership the majority of my time at the company. Challenging, difficult work brought the best out in most employees ... and keep the adrenalin flowing! Competing for multimillion dollar Defense contracts was thrill and made teamwork, communication and trust tantamount. The work/family balance was not ideal due to the type of work being done and the required deadlines and effort of work. This was NOT a 40-hour work week, home with mom/dad and the kids every weekend. My typical day during times we were writing proposals was 70-80 hours a week, with more than a few Saturdays and Sundays thrown in for good measure. Hard work ... long hours ... but rewarding!
Pros
Challenging but rewarding work...
Cons
Long hours and time away from family, Communication was not always accurate, Not always complete or helpful, Efforts were made/being made to fix the problem.
Kellogg Review
Senior Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 9, 2015
See other Kellogg review. Very good compensation and rewarding company to work for. One negative is they are a little slow to adapt to changes in the market.
I loved it
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  NevadaNovember 9, 2015
Some times I worked alone. I traveled a lot. My typical day required me to lift and unload the truck.There was nothing hard about the job.
a typical day at work
PACKING UTILITY, (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYNovember 8, 2015
I loaded and unloaded materials on a daily. I assisted my fellow co-workers with their tasks. I kept a clean free environment.
Management is terrible
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Wyoming, MINovember 6, 2015
Management is terrible. They want robots working for them instead of real people.

They blame the employee for any injury, regardless of the circumstances.

Wouldn't allow me to use earned vacation time.
Pros
Pay, hours, benefits
Cons
Breaks, coworkers, management
part time job
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  New YorkNovember 6, 2015
This is a part time position. Salary could be better. Hours could be more consistent

schedule is flexible. Good manager.
Great Comapny to work for
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  La Palma, CANovember 6, 2015
This is a good job for anyone who can work on their own and remain motivated. The only two reasons I am searching elsewhere is because I want out of the grocery industry and the commute to my territory has become rather taxing.
Pros
make your own hour (to an extent), freedom, good pay
Cons
your phone rings after business hours and on weekends
lot of over time hardly no time offlot of over time hardly no time off. good group of co-worker to work with. not alot of issuse wiht them. ,
Supervisor of Operations (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNNovember 4, 2015
lot of over time hardly no time off. good group of co-worker to work with. not alot of issuse wiht them. ,Lot of walking a checking to ensuse that everone is safe ad that a good quailt produt is being makd.. ensure that producton is meet
Pros
overtime
Cons
notime off
Great company with strong values that people strive to follow
HR (Current Employee) –  GANovember 4, 2015
Kellogg is a great company with very competitive wages and benefits. There is less work life balance in manufacturing facilities than corporate roles, but the people are great.
No Company car
Merchandiser/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  PANovember 2, 2015
No company car-- Expected to travel without gas money etc

Nothing else to talk about= Supervisor is ok - But commuting back and forth is not ok
Pros
Bouncy
Cons
Hours
A challenge daily, but worth it.
Chief Regional Engineer-Base Electrical Power Grid (Former Employee) –  Kosovo/Romania/Bulgaria/MacedoniaNovember 1, 2015
Very involved management team and very supportive from the top to the bottom at all times. Daily communication regardless of my location for updates by upper management. A great team to work with.
Pros
Support & training.
Cons
Procedures/Red Tape.
interesting work place
Hand Packing/Case Packing (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIOctober 31, 2015
Awesome people to work with. Positive environment. Don't get hired through Manpower Group because they will over work you and give you minimum wage.
Pros
busy work days
Cons
Bad pay if you get hired through Manpower Group