Kellogg Company

Kellogg Company Employee Reviews

Fun and fast paced enviroment
Territory Service Rep (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZMarch 23, 2015
Pros: flexible work schedules great co-workers
This is a great company with a creditable history. requires alot of driving though. Strong communication skills and contact with store management is a must.
Poor work life balance
Retail Sales Representative (Current Employee), MIMarch 22, 2015
Pros: flexible schedule
Cons: work load, work life balance, little to no advancement opportunities
I changed career paths to create a better work life balance and made that clear during the interviewing process. However, this job requires you to be able to work at least 55 hrs a week, with no overtime pay. Even at 55 hrs a week, I usually overspend my payroll and often feel the threat of losing my job due to the overspend.
Fast paced and standing for long hours.
Assembly Line Worker and Mixing. (Former Employee), Zanesville, OHMarch 19, 2015
Assembly line work handling food product and mixing ingredients of vegetarian food. Learned how to feed off each others work. Management made sure the product was safe and clean. Very helpful co-workers as in making sure you did not fail. Standing for long hours in one spot was basically the hardest part of the job. Needing hours and was given to when in need.
Great place to work.
Manager (Current Employee), Battle Creek, MIMarch 19, 2015
Kellogg is a great place to work. Worklife balance and a great culture. The Cereal industry is struggling and Kellogg has recognized the need for change to continue to move forward. As with any change you will meet resistance and challenges and have some bumps in the culture.
Goosd
Merchandiser (Former Employee), Sacramento, CAMarch 16, 2015
It is a good job if you like variety, you get to stock, face and order product at different stores everyday. It is a great place to learn sales.
An outstanding company to work for
Route Sales Rep (Current Employee), Earth City, MOMarch 14, 2015
Pros: good salary, freedom in field
Cons: not enough time at home with family
Kellogg's is a great place to work for.I have 14 stores I'm responsible for,which includes selling,stocking and building displays.Management is very pro-active.I work with a bunch of passionate people,who strive for success.

The hardest part of the job is the current climate we live in as people's buying habits have changed,and there is a lot of competition for customer's dollars.
Independent work environment which is nice
Merchandiser (Former Employee), Manchester, CTMarch 11, 2015
Pros: get to work alone, no distractions
Cons: not many hours to come by.
An overall decent workplace if you can find hours to come by. Unfortunately you only get hours if you're a full timer or if people continuously buy merchandise.
IM thankful to be gone.,
Sanitation Lead (Former Employee), Louisville, KYMarch 10, 2015
This employer has no desire to allow anyone to succeed. There is no work/life balance when you work 7 days a week, and rarely get a holiday off. To work here you have to put this place above your health, sanity, and family. Im glad I got to go
A difficult company to work for.
Territory Relief Manager (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKMarch 9, 2015
Pros: as long as you showed up for work there was work to do.
Cons: no work life balance. long and very physical labor.
I worked for Kellogg Company for 5 years+. It was a very demanding job on my time and it was very physical. There was no work life balance with this job. Every day was a new day.
a productive work place
Hand Packer (Former Employee), Grand Rapids, MIMarch 9, 2015
a typical day at work is waiting for protein bars to come down the line so you could hand pack them your standing on your feet the whole time.
i learned that only a lazy person don't want to work
i really did not look forward to management, it was a temporary job for me at the moment.
my co-workers were nice people they always made sure you were comfortable.
the hardest part of the job was standing on your feet all day i like to move around and stay active also they would sometimes run out of work to do.
the most enjoyable part of the job was my co-workers you could be having a bad day and being around positive people could change that.
the normal day and the impact i have on my job
qa tech (Current Employee), United StatesMarch 5, 2015
Pros: no supervisor over my dept.
Cons: 12 hours per day
my typical work day is checking the measurerments of the product,and the moisture and how much water is in the product.
i learned that the hi water in the product can cause the product to mold faster and also learned more verbal and communication skills
i have to deal with managers on a daily basis and i have very good managers that will work with you if you have problems. co workers are great and they will also work and fix things if there is a problem
the hardest part of the job is the amount of paperwork we do and the most enjoyable part of job is knowing that i have an impact of what was packaged and shipped from the plant
Great Opportunity and great pay
PRODUCTION SUPERVISOR (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCMarch 4, 2015
Kellogg was a great place to work they believe in their own KValues and was such a friendly place to be. The pay was very fair and very well earned. I am going to miss being in this bakery.

Kellogg Charlotte Bakery was the place
Productive & Good Work Atmosphere
Work Life/ Recognition (Current Employee), Battle Creek, MIFebruary 25, 2015
Pros: great atmosphere
Cons: the reorganization of kellogg's
I currently work on Recognition Programs within Kellogg's to recognize Employees for years of service, K Values & any other recognition piece. I work on policies & procedures (i.e. vacation, tuition remimbursement, bring your child to work day, flex scheduleing). I have learned a lot in my time at Kellogg's and have developed many good relationships. I have a good relationship with my co-workers as well. The hardest part of the job is deadlines, but I never let that get me down because I thrive to hit goals and deadlines and work well under pressure. I enjoy working with people the most.
Good pay and benefits for now....
Mechanic (Current Employee), Lancaster, PAFebruary 24, 2015
Pros: current benefits
Cons: company continues to reduce employees
This is not a place to work if you want to improve the skills you have or obtain new skills. It can be a very frustrating place to work if you take pride in your work and have a desire to make improvements. The company continues to reduce the number of employees which has and will continue to increase the burden on each employee through more work days and more hours. They company also believes that the employees are overpaid and their benefits are excessive. Don't expect to come here and see an increase in your compensation, if fact, expect a decrease and you won't be disappointed.
Many career opportunities
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Battle Creek, MIFebruary 23, 2015
Good, solid company with many opportunities to grow and experience new directions. Wonderful employees. Great community presence.
Great Pay and benefits
Material Handler (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCFebruary 23, 2015
Great laid back place pay was excellent no hard work Seniority rules so it determines how much overtime you work. The rules changes to fit the situation but overall it was a great place to work before they close
Extermely disapointing
Sr Global Category Manager, Capital Procurement (Current Employee), Battle Creek, MIFebruary 22, 2015
Pros: friday's in the summer are 1/2 days
Cons: poor leadership, cramped, noisy working conditions, misleading
The "global" job as promised has not materialized, it would be ok if I was interested in an east of the Missippi plant support position. Stock, as promised during negotiations, was changed shortly upon arrival to only a handful of people.

Some of the worst leadership I've witnessed starting with my Director and on up. Moral across the Indirect Procurement team is very poor.

Biggest career mistake I've made...
Worked at my pace and no supervison
Part-time Merchandiser (Former Employee), Greenville, TXFebruary 18, 2015
Pros: working alone, working at my own pace
Cons: not enough hours, they cut them back
I loved what I did, it like working out without having to got to a gym. I stocked shelves of local grocery stores with products, unloaded truck items to place on store shelves or into the back stock and occasionally took product orders for the supervisor. I worked at my own pace and there was no time limit. I worked with myself, not that I don't like working with people, but I was a part time merchandiser and filled in where the supervisor couldn't do. The hardest part of the job was trying to organized the back stock in date order and keeping it that way. My supervisor was wonderful, usually communicated by phone.
Productive and fun place to work
Supply Chain Planner II (Current Employee), Battle Creek, MIFebruary 18, 2015
Kellogg's is a great place to work with rich culture and history of bringing innovative products to the marketplace. The organization offers endless learning and growth opportunities.
terrible Company
service rep (Current Employee), new york, long islandFebruary 16, 2015
I Cant stand this company, never know when you will be home, at the mercy of your higher ups and alot of meaning less "safety" teaching they preach but never put into practice
Headquarters