Kellogg Company

Kellogg Company Employer Reviews

Love the people I work for and if it want for the layoffs all the time I probably would stay.
Machine Operator (Current Employee), Cary, NCMarch 24, 2014
Pros: the pay is great
Cons: lays off a lot during the year
Its really a fun place to work.We have good benefits,the people are friendly and they reward us for good services.I also like the cultural fair we have every year for our 50 different nationalities that works there.The pay is also good.
Inspiring place with friendly and professional atmosphere
Part time Merchandiser (Former Employee), Bremen, GAMarch 23, 2014
Pros: flexible schedule part time position as i went to college
Cons: did not work enough hours.
My daily job required me to inventory product when it was delivered to the store. Put all products on the shelves and rotated all product. And speak with managers of every store to be sure all displays were set up where they wanted them and to see if they needed any product or wanted to send any product back to the Kellogg's co.
Work at my own pace
Product Manager (SALES/PRODUCT MANAGEMENT) (Former Employee), Pine Bluff, ArkansasMarch 18, 2014
Lots of travel required to regional stores. Great people to work with.
Not friendly to diversity
OPERATIONS SUPERVISOR (Former Employee), Zanesville, OHMarch 17, 2014
Pros: plenty of tshirts and free meals
Kellogg's has a lot of potential, but they are not friendly to diversity in many areas. We worked a lot of holidays to have the Monday after the holiday off for inventory.
worked with my boss from previous job
Merchandiser (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCMarch 14, 2014
Pros: fun
Cons: drove alot
was fun because i got to work with my ex boos from the previous job.
Kellogg
SEASONAL (Former Employee), Battle Creek MichiganMarch 13, 2014
I was a seasonal at kellogg. That took up your whole summer. Long hard days of manual labor. But it was worth it! The pay was unbelievable! Not bad for college kids starting off.
learned a lot about manufacturing business
Processing Cook Operator (Former Employee), Battle Creek, MIMarch 11, 2014
Pros: very clean place, cafeteria inside the plant
its a very fun place to work at. very clean environment to work at. i learned so much about the food production business. from sanitation of machines and belts, receiving raw grain/ wheat to cook packaging and shipping
Working in Own Territory
Retail Service Representative (RSR) (Current Employee), Pittsfield, MAMarch 9, 2014
going into stores selling our product for displays, managing labor and trying to hit a budget
great manufacturing company
Plant Inbound/Outbound Scheduler (Current Employee), memphis,tennMarch 7, 2014
great work place, with excellent work benifts. a wonderful food manufacturing plant
Productive Place to Work
Assembly Line Operator (Former Employee), Memphis, TNMarch 6, 2014
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
Great place to work and grow with the company. Great benefits and pay
Great company that has lost their way
Sr. Analyst (Current Employee), Battle Creek, MIMarch 5, 2014
Pros: flexible schedule pending position, decent compensation
Cons: work/life balance is awful. management is clueless.
One of those places people used to work at for 25-30 years because of the culture, pay, and security. This place was stellar when I started a few years ago, but the culture has been killed and management sees employees as a liability rather than an asset.
Maintenance Planner (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCMarch 2, 2014
Love this company. Great benefits, and great work life balance. Diversity is great, and people feel like family.
Fun and rewarding job.
Territory Service Representative (Former Employee), Omaha, NEFebruary 26, 2014
Pros: fun co workers and great management to learn from.
Cons: must have a car that meets there standards for there car program.
A typical day at Kellogg's includes going to grocery/supercenters to build displays, take down displays, work back stock and trucks all within standards which you are trained on.
Great learning experience to build on, work life balance is a struggle to attain mainly due to micro managing from upper management.
Operations Supervisor (Current Employee), Rome, GAFebruary 25, 2014
Pros: lots of opportunities to learn, trial and error, technical and analytical.
Cons: micro-managing from upper management, no work life balance.
Overall good experience and learning platforms. Gained exceptional technical and project management skills along the journey. Great place to build a foundation from and use as stepping stone to bigger and better adventures.
Vendor.
Merchandiser/Vendor (Former Employee), Houston, TXFebruary 24, 2014
It was part time, there was a lot of traveling, and no compensation for gas. They didn't have a schedule for me, they would call me every night at around 9:00-10:30 P.M the night before work, and I would have to be up at 6:00 A.M...
Project Engineer
Project Engineer (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCFebruary 24, 2014
Pros: established company
Great company.
Remember that business is business. When I was employed there, a major portion of the company was relocated to Georgia to save money. Many of us could move with the company, choose a different role, or be laid off.

Great people & staff.

Great HR department.

Manufacturing environment with 3 shifts.
Good company going through some tough transitions.
Retail Sales Representative (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZFebruary 23, 2014
Pros: more than competitive pay and benefits
Cons: long hours, horrible work personal life balance
Continuous and constant cutbacks and changes have made working for this company very difficult. You are at a disadvantage with competition with labor and pricing making their expectations unachievable. High expectations by management and customers make any relaxation time almost impossible. Disorganized management is always changing and shifting priorities. – more... They are reactionary and do not proactively plan their business. Kellogg Company expects you to work miracles with very little support. Their culture of management is very dictatorial with very little opportunity to have meaningful two way conversation to improve company performance or deal with issues. – less
Snack Division of Kelloggs, typical production facility
Utility Worker (Current Employee), kansas City, KsFebruary 23, 2014
Pros: we have alot of new products coming in, long term job security.
Cons: forced overtime can come without a notice.
Day starts with overview of previous shift and updates from supervisors for current day operations. I work directly with 2 other operators who always have my back. They are easy to work with and knowledgeable of my machines as well as there own. We can count on each other for help as well as depend on each to cover entire when need be.
Class A Driver with endorsements (Former Employee), La Palma, CAFebruary 22, 2014
Pros: a really good company to work.
Verify shipment accuracy and assure saleable condition of product.
Transact proper documentation in computerized hand-held device or paper.
Verify and secure loads, binders, straps, ropes, load locks.
Pre-trip and post-trip inspection of vehicle.
Load/unload trucks.
Inspect equipment according to company and DOT regulations; Tractor, trailer, pallet – more... jack, load bars, lift gates.
Maintain a valid Class A and current DOT medical card.  Per Company and/or DOT regulations, report any moving violations to management immediately.
Complete all daily DOT and customer paperwork including delivery tickets, pre and post trip inspections, driver logs, and vehicle service reports.
Stock and/or rotate product in warehouse where required.
Utilizing continuous improvement mindset, assist in identifying opportunities to improve processes.
Responsible for food safety, pre-requisite programs and food quality related to designated area.  Report any food safety and food quality related issues to management immediately.
Perform other duties as assigned. – less
A great learning experience
CREW SCHEDULER (Former Employee), Chicago, ILFebruary 20, 2014
Pros: paid overtime, the opportunity to learn a lot about the business
Cons: stressful, demanding, not recommended for a person that has family.
A typical day at work can be full of excitement from start to finish! Not always good excitement. Extremely busy because of breakdowns, call-offs, accidents, phone calls, inquires, emails, etc...

I learned the importance of safety. Working in a safe environment is a top priority.

Our department cannot be successful without the cooperation of my co-workers. – more... We all had to work together, in order to complete a full day of work. I had some awesome co-workers.

The hardest part of the job is time management. A lot of things can happen throughout the shift that will cause me to put in a lot of overtime. That can be very difficult when you have a family.

The most enjoyable part of the job, was servicing the employees. I loved helping the people and communicating with them. – less

About Kellogg Company

In 1906, W.K. Kellogg saw a better way. Healthier food and a healthier work place. “I’ll invest my money in people,” – Read more

Kellogg Company Photos