Kellogg Company Employee Reviews

Kellogg's
Department Relief / Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  2287 Ralph Ave Louisville KY 40216February 19, 2017
While working at Kellogg's I learned numerous jobs, applied myself to meet the needs of the company. We had a lot of overtime due to being short staffed, so the money was good if you were willing to work. On the downside, we had a lot of unorganized management, which led to confusion among employees.
no work/life balance- no job security
Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  Battle Creek, MIFebruary 18, 2017
not a happy place to work. no work/life balance like they "say" they strive for. Company is not thriving. Constantly downsizing
Offered great benefits
Transportation Manager (Current Employee) –  Syracuse, NYFebruary 18, 2017
Joined Kellogg's Snack Division in 2015 and they offered a premium relocation package and good compensation. It has been a pleasure to work with them these past two years. I am only leaving due to company wide layoffs in regards to the dismantling of the Direct Store Delivery network.
Kellogg's
Territory Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Battle Creek, MIFebruary 18, 2017
I loved working for Kellogg's Com full benefits, com car, for full time workers. Lots of physical work standing, stooping, kneeling, reaching. Merchandising.
Pros
Great Benifits, 401 k, medical, dental, vision.
Cons
very physical.
Great Company to work for
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Santa Rosa, CAFebruary 17, 2017
Job responibilities easy to follow. Great work enviroment, friendly employees. Sales goals always met which led to bonus at the end of the year. Great communication
Really Enjoyed working for this company
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Mount Pocono, PAFebruary 17, 2017
I wished The company would have kept all of merchandiser's and workers but unfortunately they must do whats best for them.
Pros
Own hours
Cons
Needed more hours
Senior level account management and people development
Retail Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Orange County, CAFebruary 14, 2017
Planning based on company targets, expectations, and actions. Meet with my direct report team of 4 individuals and discuss best steps for execution and implementation. Then discuss resources needed including scheduling time commitments to meet criteria. I learned that observation is key after clear and specific measures have been agreed. Coaching and development is an aspect of the job I enjoy greatly becasue of the ability to improve others to make the organization better for the future. Making strong negotiations and having the results shape as planned and forecasted makes my day complete and is one of the most enjoyable time in my career. I love meeting new people in new environments while growing the business results faster than the expectations.
Pros
Company Car, Home Office, many resources, and great people and leaders
Cons
Company re-organization nation-wide in 2016. Career path changes within the company.
Management has sold out to stockholders
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INFebruary 13, 2017
I have spent 5 years in this company, and have given all that I can. I received a layoff as a thanks. Along with several other thousands of kellogg employees. Over the years sales have slumped and the budgets have gotten higher and harder to achieve. In return all blame goes to the employees. They have now transitioned away from having a sales team. We were never appreciated. I am gone and am never looking back.
Pros
Experience dealing with many problems
Cons
You will never have a grrreat day here.
They are laying everyone off in a few months dont apply
part time merchandiser (Former Employee) –  NJFebruary 13, 2017
They are going direct ....shipping orders to stores in a few months dont apply you will get laid off
Worked for the company for 3 years no room for advancement no raises no benefits ...
Took the company cars away and we had to pay for our own gas
Pros
Cons
Toomany to list
Job Discontinued
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNFebruary 13, 2017
I was just hired in November of 2016, on February 9, 2017 we were informed of a mandatory conference call where all employees were notified that our jobs are discontinued as of August 1, 2017. The pay for the KM position is good, but management goes from one extreme to another, I am often times scheduled to work on my days off, and then the area manager calls and tells me that I am spending too much time at each stop and have too many hours, but my immediate supervisor (KSD) leaves me a list of duties on "Stay In Front" that is so detailed that I have no choice but to work extra time at each store, when I have not been as detailed my KSD yells at me and states that I HAVE to be more thorough and then the area manager calls me back and tells me to spend more time at each stop, you can never satisfy the management staff. I have received text messages at 3:00 a.m., and am constantly having to take tests on my days off!
Pros
Nice wage and mileage reimbursement (when their Motus program pays you)
Cons
Managment disorganized, hours long, health insurance refuses to pay for some drugs).
Kelloggs cutting whole division June 1.
Merchandiser/Sales (Current Employee) –  Woodland, CAFebruary 13, 2017
Company great but closing my division June 1, 2017, They are switching to a full warehouse system, eliminating manager, reps and driver. I would have loved to see career grow here.
Busy , enjoy the work
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOFebruary 12, 2017
This is a great part time job. Works well with my full time employment. Good interaction with stores employees and customers.
I wish it were more diverse.
DSD Deployment Planner (Current Employee) –  Battle Creek, MIFebruary 11, 2017
Great atmosphere because of the people that work there, but the culture isn't what it use to be. Still a great place to work.
Pros
The people
Cons
The culture
Horrible Leadership & Temp Infused
Phase 3 2nd shift (Current Employee) –  Zanesville, OHFebruary 11, 2017
I don't like to write bad reviews, but I feel I have to. The leadership in this plant is horrible. I cannot believe these are managers! Very biased, not engaged, and don't care about the people.

They don't even hire full time anymore, they just hire temps and more and more temps.

The temps don't know safety or food safety and they get hurt and they don't do good cleans.

Not sure how they don't even count temps on our records either. This seems very fishy.

I want more full time employees hired that know how to do the job and how to do the cleans, although they have cut our times down to the point where everything is really borderline on to whether it gets cleaned correctly.

The worst thing is that you smell like grease when you leave because the huge fryers.
Pros
You can usually get a free veggie burger
Cons
Temps, Leadership Managers, Smell
Overall great work environment
Sales Support Agent (Current Employee) –  Battle Creek, MIFebruary 11, 2017
Great place to work overall. Always something more to learn about the business. Many opportunities to cross-train and advance in the company. Very understanding of work/life balance
Safety driven
Truck Driver Class A (Current Employee) –  Woodridge, ILFebruary 10, 2017
Easy job. Great benefits. Union guaranteed minimum pay. Well maintained trucks. Puts driver safety above all. Best job I have ever had. One in a million.
Truck Driver Class A (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORFebruary 10, 2017
Pay, benefits and management were great. Good equipment. I'd be working there for years to come if not for the lay offs. I'll miss it.
Good Company lots of change
Regional Sales Trainer (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 9, 2017
Lots of change leading to instability within the organization. Great pay and benefits, constant restructure with no sense of job security within the organization.
Kelloggs
District Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYFebruary 9, 2017
The team was very passionate about the business and achieving the goal set forth for them. I is unfortunate that the dsd portion of the business is closing.
Sales Co-Op
Co-op Student (Former Employee) –  Battle Creek, MIFebruary 9, 2017
I was selected to tour the facility in Battle Creek Michigan, and help the company come up with more efficent ways to run their production line. The opportunity was one of the best i have had, even if it were only a co-op.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kellogg Company. Our community is ready to answer.