Kellogg Company

Kellogg Company Employee Reviews

NA
Payroll Assistant (Former Employee), MEMPHIS, TNFebruary 9, 2015
Pros: na
Cons: na
Nice company to work for great benefits. I was laid off I worked for this company for many years and enjoyed my time there.
Lead by example not just by instruction
Production Manager (Former Employee), Augusta, GAFebruary 9, 2015
My day would start at 5 am until. 7 am management meeting with the supervisors.The things i learned was my methods of leadership was to be held accountable of the high standards i had set.I worked with some very professional people that did their jobs very well. The hardest this is to fire someone The most enjoyable part of my job was to get feed back from the customer and employees.
Customer Service
PROCUREMENT SHARED SERVICES COORDINATOR (Current Employee), Battle Creek, MIFebruary 9, 2015
Customer Service is a big part of this position. Multiple tasks with multiple outcomes. Internal and External customers
Nice place to work
Retail Sales Manager (Current Employee), Horsham, PAFebruary 8, 2015
Kellogg's is a nice place to work that has a strong focus on safety. My coworkers are great to work with. Most enjoyable part of the job is knowing you are working with a quality product.
Good Company to work for as long as results are positive
Mid-Level Manager (Former Employee), VariousFebruary 8, 2015
Pros: professional, good compensation
Cons: limited advancement, passive-aggressive culture, somewhat arrogant
Kellogg was a positive, professional company that I enjoyed working for. Being based out of Battle Creek, MI, you do get a sense of arrogance from those who work at HQ. I was able to advance and felt my work performance as opposed to "networking" helped me do so. If you are ambitious, advancement becomes very challenging as there is little turnover within mid to upper management. The company operates well when hitting results but takes drastic measures when performance lags... it can seem very passive aggressive at times.
kelloggs
Merchandiser (Current Employee), Greensboro, NCFebruary 4, 2015
Pros: you basically make your own hours and you can work independly
Cons: there not enough hours to support yourself
kelloggs is a good job if you are looking for a second job or need some extra cash. they do not give you enough hours to support yourself on. it does have it advantaged to work for them. but whats not so good about this company is that you use your own car and gas. they do not pay for mileage.
Alright place to work
Shipping Coordinator (Current Employee), Cary, NCJanuary 28, 2015
Pros: schedule
Cons: no overtime
Coordinate yard check / compare empties with daily load schedule
Receive all pertinent information from the prior coordinator
Review loading issue with prior coordinator (hot loads, special instructions and product availability)
Perform Daily Shift Assignment, Headcount, and Attendance forward and review with Supervisor
Walk dock, inspecting trailers in process. Verify trailer cleanliness and product loading quality. Fix issues. Communicate issues to your Supervisor
Monitor all safety rules and regulation; communicate any concerns or issue to Shift Supervisor
Direct and continuous communication with Turret Operators, Loaders, Spotter, Gate Operators and Inventory Coordinator of all issues
Review partial pallet report and add partial pallets to outbound loads
Ensure completion of Daily Equipment Checklists Sign-out, forward to Manager.
Have communication with Turret Operators, Loaders, Spotter, Gate Operators and Inventory Coordinator of all issues.
Coordinate trailer movements to and from doors.
Allocate orders, proactively, as work is needed. Research all shortages, via inventory query, production schedule and inbound log. Report any un-resolved shortages to your Shift Supervisor,
Conduct audits of loading. Enforce loading guidelines
Regulate breaks, lunch, overtime and downtime.
Ensure all areas are clean, neat and all products are put away prior to end of shift. (This includes wrappers, shipping office and surrounding area)
Other Assignments as dictated by your Shift Supervisor
Ensure that the next shift has enough work allocated to get their shift started
Safety concious clean work place diverse group of employees customer friendly
My title was COOKER OPERATOR (Former Employee), Memphis, TNJanuary 28, 2015
Pros: longevity of the company in community, great pay, very knowledgable leadership, and me and my family eat their product.
Cons: i was a contingent worker (not permannant), 12 hour a day 7 days a week
Relieve out going operator after shift change conference to communicate any promblems or issues with equipment or process then monitor screen to determine product cycle count and where you are in dump cycle to know which cooker will fill, which one to be dumped and which one starts on time to keep cycle going.Communication with management trhoughout shift relay any issues as well as Mill operators to determine if cycle change is needed to acommendate food going through dryer to mill. Repeat process throughout shift. Learned how cereal is made what goes in it and how to operate a cooker.The hardest part of the job was the long hours and no time off. The most enjoyable part of the job was learning the process as well as meet new people and the closeness family type atmosphere.
Good place to work.
Forklift Operator (Temp) (Former Employee), Rossville, TNJanuary 27, 2015
Pros: good pay
Cons: uncertainy work
Good work place, made good money, managers was fair, had good co-workers. The hardest part about the job was not knowing whether or not if I had to report to work on a daily basis.
a job
Territory Service Representative (Former Employee), Orlando, FLJanuary 26, 2015
Pros: decent pay, some good sales management team members, plenty of room for advancement
Cons: long days, unforgiving culture, high turn over, under staffed
typically start before most retail stores are open, stock orders, address any individual store's needs/concerns and anything you can't take care of yourself you report to the sales lead. A very basic merchandising job. You cover your sales territory if the lead is on vacation including scheduling, ordering, etc. You are held responsible for sales as well although you have very little control over this unless you are covering the sales route. You can be 'let go' simply on the word of a customer who isn't a fan of you but they grant you a very nice severance package.
Merchandiser
Part Time Merchandiser/Sales (Current Employee), Rochester, NYJanuary 23, 2015
Pros: people i meet
Cons: not enough pay.
Stock store Shelves. Report at 7:30am and work until assigned stores are done.
Great company to work for
mixer helper (Current Employee), Columbus, GAJanuary 23, 2015
Great place for anybody to work for, very productive safe work place. Offered a lot of health and wellness programs to employees. On a typical day who knows what to expect. What we learned was this, more about our jobs, more about the Kellogg's as a company, more about your co-workers. Management as a whole, I would rate it at about 50%. There wasn't anything hard about this particular Kellogg's location as far as our jobs, we were trained well and qualified to be successful.
Work Life at Kelloggs
Packer/Machine Operator (Former Employee), Seelyville, INJanuary 23, 2015
Pros: great pay and friendly environment
Cons: sometimes its hard to get a life at home
A typical day at Kelloggs would be signing in at the security office. The security officer will than make sure who you are and give you an ID badge. You walk to the entrance and scan your badge. You than go to the locker room and put on your PPE. Your PPE is your safety glasses, your vest, hairnet, and earplugs.
You than go to the hand washing area and wash your hands. After that your sanitize your work boots and put hand sanitizer on your hands. You go to your station and put your gloves on and case pack crackers. When the boxes of crackers go trough the machine wrap two people are on the other side palatalizing. You do this eight hours a day and rotate every half and hour.
When I started working here I was really nervous, because it was my first factory job ever. It turned out than I became to love what I did. You learn something new there everyday. The more i started working there I learned how many boxes need to come down your line to make a full case. I learned that not having your earplugs in was asking to go deaf.
If u don't walk on the yellow path that was put there for a reason you could get hit by a forklift. They have all these rules for one reason and that is keeping their employees safe. Safe is very important to kelloggs. Hand washing is very crucial as well. Bacteria can easily be transferred into the crackers, so management is on top of everything.
Management is always updating machinery to work fast and safer. There's always safety meetings in the tree house building. Management is a big reason why everything runs so smoothly there. It means a lot to the employees – more... that being safe is important to them as it is to us. Management is always one step further than anyone else there.
Nothing is better than a place to work, but a place to work with wonderful co workers. When I worked there I got along with everyone. Everyone was so nice and supportive. Working there I learned that team work was everything. The people I worked with were amazing and I miss them from this day on.
When a new person starts working there, it seems like its everybody job to make sure that person understands literally everything. Working somewhere that you enjoy just gives it a wonderful environment to work in. Getting along with everyone makes you want to come back to work everyday. I loved what I did every night I went into work, but honestly i loved the people and the environment more.
The hardest part of the job was the hours you worked. I never complained one time, but you worked more than you had time to sleep. The longest i had to work there was 14 to 16 days straight. Going into work was fine, but when your on your 10th day you got exhausted. I loved what I did and I continued to go to work everyday, but sometimes when tragic occurrences occur it's hard to work that much without missing any days.
Kelloggs is a wonderful place to work specially if the environment is what makes you want to go to work. It did for me, because nothing is better than awesome people to work with. If you get along with everyone you learn more from others about what they do. Plus it helps when you love the pay. The pay and the friendly environment was the most enjoyable part about the job. – less
Fun place to work and meet new people daily
Merchandiser (Former Employee), San Diego, CAJanuary 21, 2015
Pros: job security
Cons: physically demanding on a daily basis
Some days are more brutal than others in terms of work load. But overall great job security if you're willing to work hard for it.
Good company , bad management
Retail Sales Representative (Current Employee), charlotteJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: bonuses, driving, flexible schedule
Cons: work life balance, poor management, no communication
This company is poorly ran but the incentives and bonuses were out of this world. Not a whole lot of job security since you are always at the mercy of the stores you manage. You get a company car and good pay but lose all hope with a personal life.
Its an okay job
UTILITY WORKER (Current Employee), Kansas City, KSJanuary 11, 2015
Pros: good benefits
Cons: work shedule
There is 6 different work schedules,I learned PPE,SOP,GMP.HACCP. Management was okay, worked good with coworkers
A Good Job with Good Benefits
Machine Operator (Current Employee), Kansas City, KSJanuary 10, 2015
Pros: healthcare, 401k
Cons: steel toe boots
Overall working at Kellogg's is great, every job has it's ups and downs though. A typical days work at Kellogg's for me includes operating on machines. Also training new hires and training long term employees as well. Kellogg's provides their employees with opportunities for job advancements as well as additional training. They work with their employees when they see they are struggling or need further understanding. Kellogg's also offers a lot of overtime for their employees also they work with their employees with schedules and flexibility. The hardest part of the job for me maybe the long hours but it's well worth the pay. The most enjoyable part of the job for me is helping and training people.
Kelloggs
Merchandiser (Former Employee), Sumner, WAJanuary 9, 2015
I enjoyed being a merchandiser with this company I enjoyed working with the store managers and my team leader
People, People, People
Plant Manager (Current Employee), Louisville, KYJanuary 7, 2015
Pros: people make the difference
Cons: 30 years of doing the same thing
The people truly make the difference. I built some very close relationships with my co-works because the organization was run and managed as a big family people cared about the company and each other
Great stepping stone up the corporate ladder
Operations Supervisor (Former Employee), Rome, GAJanuary 5, 2015
Pros: paid tuition reimbursement
Cons: no work life balance - only a number in a word of thousands
Great place to learn what you can and move on. You can gain a lot of valuable skills and experiences for you continued career other places.

About Kellogg Company

In 1906, W.K. Kellogg saw a better way. Healthier food and a healthier work place. “I’ll invest my money in people,” – Read more

Kellogg Company Salaries

$49,000 per year
Machine Operator
$40,000 per year

Kellogg Company Photos

Kellogg Employees volunteer their time as a part of our commitment to community and the United Way.
Our 2013 Summer Interns pose for a photo during orientation.
Our European Recruiting Team shared Kellogg goodies with finance students after their ACA exams.