Kellwood Company Employee Reviews

Very segregated
PRODUCTION COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  City of Industry, CADecember 23, 2015
Unless you belong in their clique of people since the first day, you are the first to be expended. Since the original CEO has been forced to retire, the majority of the teams of people that had a cushy job is no longer there except the ones that know how to play the game or is a manager. They are able to get rid of the ones that they know is a threat to them. No possibility of advancement unless you are kidding yourself.
Pros
legal Holidays
Cons
a lot of behind the back stuff going on and if you are thrown under the bus, usually you cannot retract what people have badmouthed about you behind your back.
Friendly and prodcutive.
Patternmaker / Technical designer (Former Employee) –  New york, nyJanuary 6, 2012
Management should be more involved and respect employee's suggestion.
Pros
some benefits : transportation, sample sale & coupons
Cons
no overtime pay
Productive and fun place to work.
Secretary of Director of Mfg (Former Employee) –  Rutherford, TNAugust 28, 2012
I love to learn and they allowed me to learn how the business was ran in every possible department. I loved my job and wished to find another one like it very soon.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
non
Good company
HR/Benefits Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Summit, MSFebruary 15, 2013
Good benefits
Management were easy to work with
They sold our part of the company out
We were like a big family
Loved working for this company and the professional work habits
Senior Staff Accountant (Former Employee) –  Industry, CAAugust 15, 2013
Working for this company was enjoyable as there were multiple companies within the parent company. I worked for one of the companies in California that managed multiple companies under it. I learned the Fixed Asset System with this company and managed six companies as a senior staff accountant/fixed asset system accountant. Management was very professional and had an open door policy and co-workers were easy to work with. The hardest part of the job was closing year end as it required multiple company financials to be consolidated. The people that I worked with were enjoyable as I had been with the company for 13 years.
Excellent working company with great growth.
Quality Assurance / Operation Manager (Former Employee) –  Rutherford, TNJanuary 14, 2013
As QA Manager / Operation Manager I was responsible for Sourcing and meeting Shipping Shedules and quality products.
Manufactured Blazers, Outerwear and Womens Career Apparel and 8 thru 11 sewing facilities.
Had great bosses to whom I reported to in Rutherford and Jackson TN.
Traveled some to meeting in TN and visiting sewing facilities in Central America when productions started drifting to those countries from DR.
Pros
good stable production...
Cons
don't recall any....
Fashion
Administrative Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 30, 2015
Working at Kellwood Company you had the ability to teach yourself the inner workings of clothing production company. You are able to gain experience without being mircomanaged and able to make decisions on your own on various issues.

I truly enjoyed my time working at Kellwood!
Great Fashion Company
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 23, 2013
This company was a great place to work! There was a lot of challenging work and the people their were helpful and positive!
Pros
always busy and work diversity
Cons
no real job security because of the industry
Great company to work for...
Quality Assurance / Operation Manager (Former Employee) –  Rutherford, TNNovember 10, 2014
Overlooked production at over 8 manufacturing facilities. I learned to source and auditing techniques. Great management and boss with values.
Pros
large and stable company
unsupported team-members
Desk side Support Analyst III (Former Employee) –  City of Industry, CAJuly 19, 2014
Working here is amazing only because I got to meet and became good friends to some staff. Other then that, working with the technical team was not so grate at all. Upon asking on how to perform certain test or task, there was no advice or teaching on how to do such performances.
Pros
non
Cons
unfriendly team-members who assume that one should have known how to do certain troubleshootings.
Run far far away
Worker Drone (Former Employee) –  Chesterfield, MOMay 18, 2014
if you like being micro managed by managers that don't know what they are doing, this is your place.
Pros
pay
Cons
management
Not a very employee friendly place to work.
Accounts Payable Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Chesterfield, MOJanuary 15, 2013
Fast paced and unorganized. Learned that it is essential to have backups for each role. When someone leaves the company, there was always a mad dash to find someone who knew how to do the job.
Pros
location
Cons
disorganization
fast-paced, friendly environment
Tech Design Intern (Former Employee) –  La Puente, CAAugust 23, 2014
A lot going on all the time, but it's great that way! I would do busy work sometimes but also was able to feel like i was actually useful when i did CAD sketches or tech packs.
Inventory supervisor
Inventory Control Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Chesterfield, MODecember 20, 2013
I was in charge of the yearly physical inventory.
Supervised 20 employees.
Signed off on shortages and had issued cycle counts
Work closely with receiving and shipping departments

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kellwood Company. Our community is ready to answer.

2.3