Kellwood Company Employee Reviews

Good Company and great environment
Credit Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brockton, MAJuly 21, 2017
Enjoyed people and work environment. Employees enjoyed sharing their knowledge with you. Learned many aspects of credit and collections. Was Goodman Knitting when I was hired but was bought by Kellwood. Kellwood closed location and absorbed department into their corporate headquarters in St. Louis, MO.
Pros
Great Environment
Cons
No Longer there
Good Company
Declined to say (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 9, 2017
Things have been in a whirlwind recently because of the acquisition, but it's an awesome atmosphere with good pay and mediocre (average) benefits. Good Management before the acquisition, not much known about the new owners.
Pros
Days Off
Cons
Picking order from ticket on a assembly line love it
Picker/Packer (Former Employee) –  Trenton, TNJune 1, 2017
The job was enjoyable because we work as a team !!!! And the hour was morning shift. We had nice supervisor and if we had any problem we could go to them. They pay rate was good and we always got our raise on time. Then when the company close up we got service pay for how many years we had been working out there!!!!
Pros
Get to leave for lunch
Cons
10min break
Best work environment , lots of creatives people to learn from.
CAD Designer (Former Employee) –  City of industryMay 22, 2017
I started working as a technical designer assistant. Kellwood gave the opportunity to develop other abilities within the company .
Good
Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 21, 2017
I developed my analytical and budgeting skills here.
The hardest part was forecasting
learned about sellingw omens clothing
Inventory and damage goods
Working for a large apparel manufacturing company
E-COMMERCE STUDIO MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Industry, CAMarch 16, 2017
Working at Kellwood, gave me the opportunity to learn A LOT. From product knowledge to sales strategy, you are provided with an abundance of resources, including your peers. I really like how the office is open-desk policy, so everyone can collaborate.
Challenging work environment
Business Intelligence Engineer (Contractor) (Former Employee) –  Chesterfield, MOMarch 4, 2017
As a contracted business intelligence engineer, I enjoyed Kellwood company. It was challenging and a different industry than I was used to.
Productive and good place to work
Warehouse Associate/ Maintenance Worker (Current Employee) –  Industry, CAFebruary 20, 2017
A typical day at work will start by checking all equipment and logs. While working at kellwood I have learned many skills in the field. The management is great.
Pros
Holiday bonuses and employee recognition
Cons
No complaints
Kellwood is a "laid back" atmosphere. We wear casual clothing to work every day.
Senior Accountant (Current Employee) –  Chesterfield, MOFebruary 20, 2017
A typical day for the Senior Accounting position is to check on the retail store activity from the previous day. Put in any adjustments to inventory as needed.
During the month-end process, close out the Epicor system for the current month, process the journals that need to be put in. Most all journals will be a standard entry that is used every month. There are a few Non-standards.
After month-end, prepare month-end reconciliations.

The most enjoyable part of the job are the people I work with. Always willing to help each other.

The hardest part of the job is to reconcile the Ecommerce Credit Card Activity Account
Pros
Kellwood has always been involved with the community, They give contributions to community charities and organizations.
Cons
There is no room for advancement, The managers that are there have been there for years, Not much movement in order to advance.
Good place to work with lots of talented people.
Senior Solutions Architect (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOFebruary 12, 2017
A very family friendly organizations with positive focus work life balance. There were pockets of resistance to change and technological advancement but for the most part employees seem focused and ready to work hard. IT was challenged with budget constraints but managed to drive forward with technology and do a lot with a little. The biggest concern was the concern of company sale and job cuts. Inevitably a sale just occurred late in 2016 and office closure announced.
Great Work Life Balance
AR Coordinator (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOFebruary 7, 2017
Great location and hours. Good management and nice people. Casual dress code. Management is fairly hands off and trusts employees to do their jobs.
Pros
Dress Code
Cons
No serving cafetera
good place to work family oriented
A/R claims Specialist (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJanuary 31, 2017
During the day I would review accounts and research to see if the claim was valid that the vendor is taking. If not valid I would ask for more detailed information or bill in back to them. At month end I would do reports that would balance the deductions taken for the month for each business unit. The hardest part was the month end crunch to get all the reports done by the deadline. The most enjoyable part was the business trips I was able to take to New York City and Los Angeles to visit our other offices.
Pros
family oriented, holiday partied
Productice and good place to work
Warehouse Associate/ Maintenance Worker (Current Employee) –  Industry, CADecember 31, 2016
warhouse is located in good area and works well with my schedule. co-workers are great. while working at Kellwood I have learned many skills. Management is very friendly and understanding to evey need an employee has.
Very segregated
PRODUCTION COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  City of Industry, CADecember 23, 2015
Unless you belong in their clique of people since the first day, you are the first to be expended. Since the original CEO has been forced to retire, the majority of the teams of people that had a cushy job is no longer there except the ones that know how to play the game or is a manager. They are able to get rid of the ones that they know is a threat to them. No possibility of advancement unless you are kidding yourself.
Pros
legal Holidays
Cons
a lot of behind the back stuff going on and if you are thrown under the bus, usually you cannot retract what people have badmouthed about you behind your back.
Management lacking
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Ocean Springs, MSOctober 13, 2015
The premise of a retail outlet for their overruns was a good idea, but management misread the target market and continually sent clothing that was meant for a completely different age and style from the representative community. Management would not listen when there was an impending disaster in the area and would not let me close the store when all other businesses were already closed.
Fashion
Administrative Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 30, 2015
Working at Kellwood Company you had the ability to teach yourself the inner workings of clothing production company. You are able to gain experience without being mircomanaged and able to make decisions on your own on various issues.

I truly enjoyed my time working at Kellwood!
Great company to work for...
Quality Assurance / Operation Manager (Former Employee) –  Rutherford, TNNovember 10, 2014
Overlooked production at over 8 manufacturing facilities. I learned to source and auditing techniques. Great management and boss with values.
Pros
Large and stable company
fast-paced, friendly environment
Tech Design Intern (Former Employee) –  La Puente, CAAugust 23, 2014
A lot going on all the time, but it's great that way! I would do busy work sometimes but also was able to feel like i was actually useful when i did CAD sketches or tech packs.
unsupported team-members
Desk side Support Analyst III (Former Employee) –  City of Industry, CAJuly 19, 2014
Working here is amazing only because I got to meet and became good friends to some staff. Other then that, working with the technical team was not so grate at all. Upon asking on how to perform certain test or task, there was no advice or teaching on how to do such performances.
Pros
Non
Cons
unfriendly team-members who assume that one should have known how to do certain troubleshootings.
Run far far away
Worker Drone (Former Employee) –  Chesterfield, MOMay 18, 2014
if you like being micro managed by managers that don't know what they are doing, this is your place.
Pros
pay
Cons
management