Kellwood Employee Reviews

Corporate in a good way
Junior Sportswear Designer (Former Employee) –  Industry, CAJuly 31, 2016
Very good place to work. Very hard work but very good people. Fair and good compensation. The environment was cheerful and lot's of coworker participation.
I loved that job good people and a good work environment
Picker/Puller,packer (Former Employee) –  Trenton, TNJuly 18, 2016
I really enjoyed working there it was a great place good people and you could learn different jobs.It was a place that made me want to go to work.
Cons
they went out of bussiness
Kellwood
Associate Designer (Current Employee) –  El Monte, CAJune 6, 2016
Great place to work as a growing designer. The company has great benefits and a great work environment. Overall, it is a good company.
stressful
Trim Buyer (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAFebruary 22, 2016
this was a good place to work for
but to stressful and under paid
had to work on weekends
short breaks
my manager was always to busy to hear our complains
Pros
near the freeway
Cons
stressful
Supportive management, a very team oriented company
Voice Communications Analyst (Former Employee) –  Industry, CASeptember 30, 2015
A company with an open door policy that wants all their employees to succeed. Management was not on-site, but was available by phone and always willing to help. The most enjoyable was being part of a team that allowed learning and growth. Making CAT5 cables was fun and saved the company money.
Pros
Flexible start time, supportive co-workers
Cons
Company down sizing
Kellwood is a well respected organization in the fashion industry
Manager of Technical Design Services (Former Employee) –  Industry, CAJune 30, 2015
I enjoyed working at Kellwood because it was a short commute from home to office. I got along with my boss and everyone I interacted with on a daily basis but it was time for me to find my personal growth with different opportunity to explore my horizons.
Pros
Everyone were very nice to work with at Kellwood
Cons
You can get bored very easily doing the same thing over and over
Very exciting and professional employer in a large city.
Senior Claims Manager (Former Employee) –  Rutherford, TNApril 24, 2015
A very professional corporation with professional people. Lots of opportunities to excel and assist others with their problems.
Productive workplace with room for growth.
Jr. Art Director/Associate Textile Designer (Current Employee) –  Industry, CAMarch 4, 2015
A productive corporate environment with growth within the company. Kellwood has a portfolio of 15+ brands, which makes it easy to gain perspective on all different marketplaces and target customers within the fashion industry.
good
Payroll Specialist II (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MONovember 7, 2014
Not a bad place to work. Job was good people I work with not bad.
nice, peaceful environment
Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Industry, CAJuly 7, 2014
very quite and have to stay focused, i learned how to work with excel, and microsoft word, co workers were very nice, hardest part of the job would have to be the graphing, enjoyable part of the job was having my own desk and work cubicle
Pros
lunch truck, discounts on products
Cons
strict
great place to work
prdouction patternmaker (Former Employee) –  Industry, CAJune 13, 2014
there are so many people who are great at what they do. there is something to learn from everyone.
the best part of the job is that after working with so many people for so long it feels like on big family.
Pros
enjoyable atmosphere
Cons
traffic going to and leaving work
Hay Vanna is a great manager
Domestic Trim Buyer / Production Manager Assistant (Former Employee) –  Industry, CAMay 5, 2014
I was fortunate enough to work with Hay Vanna. He has great management skills and creates a positive work environment.
Ever changing and challenging work environment with great people
Production Manager (Former Employee) –  Industry, CAMay 5, 2014
The fashion/garment industry is always changing and challenging you to learn new skills in order to keep up and move in the direction that the trend may heading. With change in this industry, come new systems which assist in finding more efficient ways to complete tasks. These changes helped re-evaluate how I worked both at my desk as well help understand and help that worked under me. It's great to work with people that are used to change as it helps departments transition smoothly.

The most challenging aspect of my job was getting all the necessary components in house at the same time in order to start production in a timely matter. Even with these challenges, we were able to exceed and or meet our timeline.

The most enjoyable part of my job was after we had a good month - all finished goods in house and shipped to stores on time.
Pros
no weekends, insurance and paid vacation
Cons
stressful at times
Great Company to work for
Senior Technical Designer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 4, 2013
Very hectic
Grading on computerized machines
Very Good
Easy to work with & very cooperative
making sure all deadlines are met
When garment construction looks good
Picker
Production worker (Former Employee) –  Trenton, TNOctober 1, 2013
I would get tickets that told you what to pick off line then send it off to be packed. Worked well with others. The most enjoyable part is i never got bored always work to do
Productive warehouse with a great atmosphere
Forklift Operator Certified/ Warehouse Clerk (Former Employee) –  Fernwood, MSApril 16, 2013
I loved my job and the experience I received there. I learned how to a team leader, working with others to get the job done, and time-management.
Pros
this was an excellent job to work
Fashionable
Importing Assistant (Current Employee) –  City of Industry, CASeptember 17, 2012
You have a chance to view the fashionable trends before anyone else. Alot of screaming and throwing of garment around. Weekly updates of famous actresses wearing David Meister's collections.
multi-tasking is the key word
SENIOR DESIGNER - GB/DILLARD'S (Former Employee) –  City of IndustryJune 20, 2012
Overall Kellwood was a great experience. I gained a considerable amount of knowledge and experience during my 6 years there. I designed everything from junior sportswear for mulitple brands to junior social dresses, outwear, denim, and girls (7-16). I was involved in all aspects of the process: from design, to choosing fabrics, colors, trim, developing prints; working with patternmakers, sewers, local and oversea vendors, fitting, production, tech packs, sales, buyers on a daily basis, along with merchandising the line.
Overall i rate Kellwood on a scale of 3 out of 5
Allocator (Former Employee) –  1441 Broadway, New York, NY 10018February 29, 2012
I worked at Kellwood for 4 years. I believe in where the company want to go and the brands that they service.
Pros
opportunity for growth
Cons
healthcare