Kellwood

Kellwood United States Employee Reviews

Productive workplace with room for growth.
Jr. Art Director/Associate Textile Designer (Current Employee), Industry, CAMarch 4, 2015
A productive corporate environment with growth within the company. Kellwood has a portfolio of 15+ brands, which makes it easy to gain perspective on all different marketplaces and target customers within the fashion industry.
good
Payroll Specialist II (Former Employee), St. Louis, MONovember 7, 2014
Not a bad place to work. Job was good people I work with not bad.
nice, peaceful environment
Data Entry (Former Employee), Industry, CAJuly 7, 2014
Pros: lunch truck, discounts on products
Cons: strict
very quite and have to stay focused, i learned how to work with excel, and microsoft word, co workers were very nice, hardest part of the job would have to be the graphing, enjoyable part of the job was having my own desk and work cubicle
great place to work
prdouction patternmaker (Former Employee), Industry, CAJune 13, 2014
Pros: enjoyable atmosphere
Cons: traffic going to and leaving work
there are so many people who are great at what they do. there is something to learn from everyone.
the best part of the job is that after working with so many people for so long it feels like on big family.
Hay Vanna is a great manager
Domestic Trim Buyer / Production Manager Assistant (Former Employee), Industry, CAMay 5, 2014
I was fortunate enough to work with Hay Vanna. He has great management skills and creates a positive work environment.
Ever changing and challenging work environment with great people
Production Manager (Former Employee), Industry, CAMay 5, 2014
Pros: no weekends, insurance and paid vacation
Cons: stressful at times
The fashion/garment industry is always changing and challenging you to learn new skills in order to keep up and move in the direction that the trend may heading. With change in this industry, come new systems which assist in finding more efficient ways to complete tasks. These changes helped re-evaluate how I worked both at my desk as well help understand and help that worked under me. It's great to work with people that are used to change as it helps departments transition smoothly.

The most challenging aspect of my job was getting all the necessary components in house at the same time in order to start production in a timely matter. Even with these challenges, we were able to exceed and or meet our timeline.

The most enjoyable part of my job was after we had a good month - all finished goods in house and shipped to stores on time.
Great Company to work for
Senior Technical Designer (Former Employee), New York, NYDecember 4, 2013
Very hectic
Grading on computerized machines
Very Good
Easy to work with & very cooperative
making sure all deadlines are met
When garment construction looks good
Picker
Production worker (Former Employee), Trenton, TNOctober 1, 2013
I would get tickets that told you what to pick off line then send it off to be packed. Worked well with others. The most enjoyable part is i never got bored always work to do
Productive warehouse with a great atmosphere
Forklift Operator Certified/ Warehouse Clerk (Former Employee), Fernwood, MSApril 16, 2013
Pros: this was an excellent job to work
I loved my job and the experience I received there. I learned how to a team leader, working with others to get the job done, and time-management.
Fashionable
Importing Assistant (Current Employee), City of Industry, CASeptember 17, 2012
You have a chance to view the fashionable trends before anyone else. Alot of screaming and throwing of garment around. Weekly updates of famous actresses wearing David Meister's collections.
multi-tasking is the key word
SENIOR DESIGNER - GB/DILLARD'S (Former Employee), City of IndustryJune 20, 2012
Overall Kellwood was a great experience. I gained a considerable amount of knowledge and experience during my 6 years there. I designed everything from junior sportswear for mulitple brands to junior social dresses, outwear, denim, and girls (7-16). I was involved in all aspects of the process: from design, to choosing fabrics, colors, trim, developing prints; working with patternmakers, sewers, local and oversea vendors, fitting, production, tech packs, sales, buyers on a daily basis, along with merchandising the line.
Overall i rate Kellwood on a scale of 3 out of 5
Allocator (Former Employee), 1441 Broadway, New York, NY 10018February 29, 2012
Pros: opportunity for growth
Cons: healthcare
I worked at Kellwood for 4 years. I believe in where the company want to go and the brands that they service.

About Kellwood

Who would be one of the leading US apparel makers? Kellwood would. The firm generates┬ámost of its sales from women's wear, including – Read more