Kelly-Moore Paint Company Employee Reviews

manager (Former Employee), TexasOctober 23, 2013
Cons: management pay is poor
Very dissappointed to briefly work for this company. I started my paint career with KM in the early 80's, Worked there for 8 years, then moved on to another paint co. I had the opportunity to come back and manage a store with the hopes of retiring with KM, but, as fate happens, I was dis-missed and terminated, reason, given, was that I had upset some painters. But, after, further, investigations, KM salesman was the one behind, getting a pettition from his buddy painters to get me dismissed. But, after talking to alot of contractors, in the area, The Saleman was intimidated that I would take his job , as a rep. and be more successful as he. KM, upper management, you need to take a closer look at this rep, He could be a liability to your company!!! Just a matter of time!
Good Company, Nice People, Poor Pay
Sales (Former Employee), DallasMarch 24, 2013
Pros: good people, good paint, long term working environment
Cons: poor pay, expensive insurance, no 401k contributions, behind the times in operational strategies
The company is filled with nice people that have worked there forever. Lots of long term employees which is hard to find anywhere. If raises are not important to you, you will be happy here. Management is easy going and fair.
You can work with this company forever but don't look to get a raise, I didn't had one in 4 yrs.
401K contributions stopped a few years ago, so don't expect that but they still have a retirement plan that you are not vested in until you are with the company 5 YEARS. Yep, you heard me 5 YEARS, and that is truly sad. THIS COMPANY IS STUCK IN THE 1950'S WITH PAY, BENEFITS AND RETIREMENT.
Some kind of a raise makes employees feel valuable. The employees that are still there have been around hoping that there would be better benefits and raises after the economy turns around. They have waited too late to get out in the job market and have said that their ages would make it difficult to find another job and therefore they stay.
Kelly-Moore is a decent place to work but it doesn't provide much opportunity for upward mobility
Assistant Foreman (Current Employee), San Carlos, CAMarch 4, 2013
Pros: great coworkers
Kelly-Moore work duties are the same day in and day out. It repeats itself so much that the work week starts to feel like just one long day.
Good company!!
Store MGR (Former Employee), Lewisville, TXMarch 12, 2012
Was a great place to work at. Good benefits, raises, took care of employees and had a great product.