Kelly Educational Staffing Employee Reviews in United States

great company to work for!
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  FloridaAugust 13, 2016
definitely a great place to work, management team is amazing! only complaint i have is pay.. i feel the company shorts the lower men on the totem pole in order to make more money all together.
Orlando substitute teacher
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 12, 2016
If you don't NEED a job but just want to work once in awhile, then this is the perfect job for you. However, if you need to pay bills with a weekly income that is adequate, you'll probably have better luck elsewhere.

Kelly Educational Staffing has a great online scheduling system that allows employees to pick and choose where and when they want to work their substitute assignments. As long as you work the minimum requirement of 2 Fridays in a 45 day period, you will remain in their system. After that, you can work as little or as much as you wish. There is ALWAYS a need for substitutes. If you're willing to travel far enough and work in neighborhoods that you don't normally drive through, then you can work every school day of the year.
Pros
Very flexible scheduling. Autonomy. Great networking opportunities. Early workdays.
Cons
The very low rate of pay, It doesn't come anywhere NEAR compensating fairly, The enormous amount of responsibility that's expected of Substitutes, They kept calling with assignments at 5am after I asked them not to.
Powerful position of impacting, influencing and seeding into young lives
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLAugust 12, 2016
It is a great set up through the Kelly Services to acquire assignments in the public schools. However, my one experience, getting banded from one middle school was never explained. I take most of my assignments in the middle schools and receive many request to return, so that is puzzling that the company supported this request. I love what I do and love having the opportunity to affect positive change. This is a great generation, with so much potential, needing direction.
Pros
Very timely on request for changes
Cons
Trainings on class management when teacher/student ratio is above requirement.
Ok Job
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SCAugust 10, 2016
This is an ok job. The downside is the unpredictable schedule. Additionally, it is quite a bit more competitive as the current employees make deals with teachers so they will request for them and also get long term assignments.
Excellant Educational company to work for.
Substitute teacher (Former Employee) –  Tupelo, MSAugust 9, 2016
The most rewarding experience as a substitute teacher is working with different school age students.The hardest part as a substitute teacher is it not done on a regular basis.
Pros
Paid for full day work when accepting a late assignment
Cons
Not regular work
Personnel are very helpful when I have had to call.
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  Provo, UTAugust 5, 2016
Teachers creating lesson plans that are easy and accurate to follow made my days a wonderful experience.
Kelly's training program is one of the best.
Pros
Friendly environment.
Cons
No benefits for part-time.
Substitute teacher (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLJuly 28, 2016
Resume role of the teacher in their absence. maintain class order and student discipline. confirm student attendance and follow instructions left by teacher. Don't be afraid to use/ask for administrations help.
Pros
temporary
Cons
temporary
Nice work environment
Paraprofessional (Current Employee) –  Walterboro, SCJuly 25, 2016
Like working with children. The schedule was amazing, If I has to wok this job it would be ideal because of the flexible work hours and days.
Professional staff, Good Communication
Guest Teacher (Current Employee) –  Denver, CO 80231July 21, 2016
Kelly Educational Staffing is a very professional company. They do a pretty good job with most communication and are easy to talk to.
Pros
You can choose the schools and grade levels you like.
Cons
Not guaranteed work everyday.
The hardest part of the job
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 18, 2016
You do not know what to expect when you get an assignment until you get to the class and start your day. Sometimes you are covering for a sick teacher that did not leave for you a lesson plan and his/her students are not very cooperative.
Pros
Free to choose where you want to work
Cons
Don't find a lesson plan
Employees were quick to respond and aid in any issue that arose
Custodian/Janitor (Former Employee) –  North Charleston, SCJuly 13, 2016
I did enjoy working for Kelly Educational Staffing, I've never had much issue with them, just some of the locations where I was placed. Most of my coworkers were rather laid back and relaxed. I learned the benefits of having a cleaner work place and what could happen proper safety wasnt taken into account each time one would clean. Hardest part of my job were days where some classes were extremely dirty, hard to reach areas and having to use certain tools to clean harder to reach places
Pros
Great work environment
Cons
Some places were easier to work than others
Easy to Manage Work Dates
Substitue Teacher (Former Employee) –  Clarksville, TNJuly 12, 2016
It was easy to log in & choose a school and date to fill my schedule. The hardest part of the job was encountering an unexpected issue in the classroom. The best part of the job was gaining experience to be ready if that situation were to arise again in the future.
Support staff extremely supportive and professional
Contract Teacher (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 12, 2016
Enjoy working in the educational field. Kelly offers many opportunities to work with children 6 to 18 years of age. Their support services are excellent. I enjoy the flexibility of being a contract worker.
Pros
Flexibility of schedule.
Cons
Travel.
Good company
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJuly 8, 2016
This staffing agency help out alt, they listen to you, and try to accommodate what they can. The website is easy to navigate and you get to choose the area in which you want to work
Pros
very helpful staff
Cons
I don't see any
Excellent work availability during school year
Substitute teacher-current employer (Former Employee) –  New Castle County, DEJuly 4, 2016
Kelly staff is always available to assist when you need help. My day varies depending on my job assignment. All work and payroll can be obtained through the computer and the website is easy to navigate.
Great place; when you place students first.
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXJuly 1, 2016
Allow a good balance of work and family. There are great offers from schools to business that are available for employees
Pros
Teachers and staff at the schools reach out to support you
Cons
Part time and on call
Great way to earn teaching experience.
Substitute Teacher/ Paraeducater (Current Employee) –  Lakeland, FLJune 28, 2016
Great job for someone who is thinking about going into teaching and wants to gain experience working in a classroom setting. Any issues that had were always resolved by their team quickly and efficiently.
Productive Workplace
Substitute Teacher, Duval County (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJune 24, 2016
I love working for Kelly. They have proven to be consistently accommodating to my life goals and aspirations. I highly recommend Kelly as a place to work.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Temp
Substitute Teacher - Varied experiences
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 24, 2016
You never know what you'll have to deal with.

Maybe you're told that you're teaching P.E. that day (despite not having signed up for it). Or K-2 Special Needs students.

Maybe you're assigned to a class of seniors on the last week of school and your only lesson plan is "They're working on a project and they know what's expected of them."

Or maybe you're helping at an elementary school and the kids really bond with you.
Pros
Variety
Cons
Hard to discipline when you're a substitute
Kelly Staffing is a great place to work!
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  Gulfport, MSJune 23, 2016
I have been employed with Kelly Educational Staffing since January 2015, as a substitute teacher. KES provide great training to prepare us (substitutes) for our role and their recruiting staff provided us with a thorough orientation.

I enjoy being a Kelly employee!
Pros
Thorough training, courteous and helpful staff, weekly pay...

4.3