Kelly Educational Staffing Employee Reviews

substitute teacher
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 28, 2017
I would substitute for teacher sometimes for weeks or months at a time. I learned that it a hard adjustment for the children as well as the substitute coming in because they now have to adjust to someone new that also was the hardest part of the job. Everywhere I went everyone was very nice and treated me like I was a part of their school which was really nice.
Pros
no lesson plans
Cons
adjustment
Overall
Subsitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MOJune 27, 2017
I enjoyed being able to pick what Elementary schools that I would be able to teach at on a given day. Flexible work schedule. Compensated for our time weekly.
Pros
Flexible work schedule
Cons
Unfriendly work environment
New method for substitute teaching
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJune 27, 2017
Great flexibility provided to get into many schools. Easy to use website with smart phone apps available that made scheduling assignments even easier. There were times that assignments originally accepted were changed by the secretary to accommodate for unforeseen call-offs.
Want to be a sub? Work for Kelly.
Subsitute Teacher (Former Employee) –  New London, CTJune 26, 2017
Awesome company to work for. They always have your back and are 100% professional and caring. The only downside I can think of is that they require schools who like and want to hire their subs away to pay a "finder's fee," so working there can actually be detrimental to your other job prospects. However, that's what happens with for-profit education.
A good place to get immediate employment!
Substitute School Teacher/ Windham Public Schools (Former Employee) –  New London, CTJune 26, 2017
No two days are alike. The best part of the job is being able to pick the assignments you want. You have to be very flexible in this position. It allowed me to learn about the educational field
Pros
Immediate employment
Cons
low pay
Just a way to make money really
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee) –  Farmington, CTJune 26, 2017
Being a substitute teacher can be very difficult. Many of the cliches of students losing complete interest once they learn their teacher is absent and disregarding rules are true. Following lesson plans and keeping attendance are the easier parts of the job, but the aforementioned issues make the position very frustrating. Furthermore, the pay isn't very good at all and there is no room for advancement. This is something that I would only suggest to someone that had no other options at a certain point in their career.
Pros
Pick your own schedule/assignments
Cons
Poor salary, lack of advancement, disrespect for the position
Great
Substitute teacher (Current Employee) –  Catoosa, OKJune 26, 2017
Great place to work for. They have opportunities everywhere. Very friendly. The job itself can be stressful because you're working with kids, The districts are fantastic.
Pros
flexible schedule
Substitute Teachers for Hillsborough County Florida
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 25, 2017
Fairly good place. I don't have a great deal of interaction with the office staff because the assignments are obtained at the website they maintain for assignments and time clock functions.

A typical work day is conducted at whatever school one's assignment is at. The day is usually 7.67 hours long. There are no benefits to speak of (holidays, paid sick days, insurance), they offer health care but it is fully paid for by the employee.

Time is reported on the website, and can be updated on a daily basis.
Pros
lunch time is paid
Cons
no paid time off, health insurance
Flexible scheduling
Substitute teacher (& janitor) (Current Employee) –  Bemidji & Cass Lake, MNJune 25, 2017
A "typical day" at work as a substitute teacher seems to be an oxymoron. Each day is different. You can work with a variety of ages, subject matters, schools, and settings.
Pros
flexible scheduling
Cons
poor pay
Enjoyed working for Kelly Services
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee) –  Title 1 SchoolsJune 23, 2017
Good experience working for Kelly Services, staff so professional, and you will get paid weekly, they give you the highest respect, and value you as an employee.
Pros
paid on time
Cons
no travel pay

Want to know more about Kelly Educational Staffing?

Ask a question
n/a
Substitute Teacher K-12 (Current Employee) –  Olive Branch, MSJune 22, 2017
I like that we get paid every week and you choose the schools you want to sub at. I like that it is a flexible job and you only have to work two days a week.
Great Place to Work
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJune 21, 2017
I would go to the school, view the teacher's sub plans, and then follow them thoroughly. Make sure the kids are safe and that they are learning or follow directions.
Pros
preference of schools to work at
Cons
amount of pay for
Supported staff members
Support Staff (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 21, 2017
This was something new to me, and I really enjoyed working for the Philadelphia School District. Each day was a different challenge.
The staff was so supported and nice to work with. The task were easy nothing hard about the job.
Pros
Little more training
Flexible hours, invaluable experience
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  Farmington, CTJune 20, 2017
Kelly allowed me to structure as many workdays (or half-days) as I could and/or pleased while studying toward a master's degree part-time. I learned an immeasurable amount about teaching and the public education system, and although each school had a unique method of tracking hours (which takes adapting to and occasionally causes payroll problems), this only gave me a fuller impression of the everyday snags with which a working person has to contend. As a young professional, I am grateful to Kelly for improving my teaching skills and self-sufficiency.
Great Place for Educators
SUBSTITUTE TEACHER (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 19, 2017
Kelly Educational Staffing is a great organization. They are organized, efficient and committed to providing excellent services to the communities it serves.
Love working with a diverse cultural background of students
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 19, 2017
A rewarding job to be able to help students to achieve success in their lives. Awesome administration team who were very professional in working with the Kelly Educational Staff.
Pros
excellent staff
Cons
no free lunches.
Excellent managerial and customer service staff.
Contract Teacher (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 19, 2017
I enjoy working at Kelly during the school year. The hours are flexible and the pay is weekly. I have come to appreciate that I have worked with students of different age groups even though my certification is in Secondary Education.
Pros
Courteous professional staff
Cons
Some assignments are far geographically.
Really great place to work.
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  Gulfport, MSJune 19, 2017
As a Substitute Teacher with Kelly Educational Staffing, i really enjoy working with the students. It's a wonderful feeling to know i have made a positive impact in their lives. I have learned a lot about teaching strategies and classroom management. I am well satisfied with the compensation and work schedule.
Productive and busy day
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 16, 2017
Working for this company you will have great experiences to where you wish you was a tracher in real life. The pay sucks for teachers but i loved what i do, and the kids/schools i got to know. You will get to do what a teacher does every single day k-12. and most days you will love it because i did.
Pros
great experiences
Cons
pay low
Ok communication
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  King of Prussia, PAJune 16, 2017
Kelly Educational Staffing offers subbing opportunities in a lot of public school settings. You need to be on top of your paychecks every week because there is a good chance they will be wrong.
Pros
Can pick when you want to work
Cons
No paid time off

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kelly Educational Staffing. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3