Kelly Educational Staffing Employee Reviews

Opportunities to help students become productive US citizens.
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee) –  Beaumont, TXFebruary 1, 2016
I assisted students to keep up with class work and home work in their teacher's absence. I made them feel that to be genuinely interested in subject matters will be good for them to achieve future goals.
Pros
The feeling that I can make a positive difference in our future citizens
Cons
No being able to keep up with each individual student as they learn and grow.
Based on need
Summer School Substitute Teacher (Former Employee) –  Enterprise, ALJanuary 29, 2016
My position with this company was need based. I only went in when called for substitute teaching and secretarial work including two long term positions- maternity leave replacement and summer school teacher. My schooling is education based and I've worked not only in the classroom, but in the office as well. I was required to handle money, provide instruction, discipline students, consult with staff/parents on student's behalf, answer phones, email, check students in and out, and perform normal secretarial duties.
Great COmpany
Paraprofessional (Current Employee) –  Port Arthur, TXJanuary 12, 2016
great schedule, enjoyed working with the children and interacting with them. Made me love the job even. Only wish the pay was more.
Experience Enhancing with Flexible Opportunities
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  Lake City, FLJanuary 11, 2016
Provided an opportunity to work as often as you want with a flexible schedule. Opportunity available to learn new skills and supervisor makes self available to provide support when needed. Afforded me an opportunity to be a positive influence in children's lives.
Pros
Free skills training available and flexible scheduling.
Love working with kids and faculty
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJanuary 11, 2016
Love going into a classroom and making a difference in a child's life by my teaching methods and hopefully noticing children who need extra attention.
Pros
Love Teaching
Cons
The pay is not as high as I would like.
flexibility
Substitute Teacher (K-12) (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 5, 2016
As a substitute teacher it offers flexibility. However, it can be difficult dealing with different children each day.
Educational work place
Substitute Teacher K-12 (Current Employee) –  Lakeland, FLJanuary 3, 2016
Substitute Teacher in Polk County Schools for all ages and grade levels. My typical day at work would be helping students with different type of assignments and also dealing with different types of attitudes.
Pros
no pros
Cons
no cons
I enjoy working through Kellly Services
Paraprofessional Educator (Current Employee) –  Savannah, GADecember 30, 2015
I like working with children and Kelly Services makes it easy, they understand if you have doctor appointments s well as being very polite.
Pros
Work with you as a person if there's an illness with family members
Cons
calling 5a.m in the mornings, may not work but 1 or two days a week
Good experience
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  INDecember 29, 2015
I am a substitute teacher and do not get the opportunity to interact with other Kelly employees. I have found the customer service staff helpful when needed.
Not stable
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee) –  Port Arthur, TXDecember 29, 2015
Good place to work for a student or parent without stable sitting arrangements. Very flexible. You can work around your availability. I did not have any bad experiences.
Pros
flexibility
Cons
No permanent placement
Excellent Management team. Excellent training program. Flexible hours.A good way to see what is going on in various schools.Friendly.
SUBSTITUTE TEACHER (Current Employee) –  New Haven, CTDecember 19, 2015
I worked for Kelly's 10 years ago, before I worked for the New Haven Public Schools I returned because I was laid off without advance notice, but I knew I could always go back to Kelly's until I found something else. The management team is excellent. the hours are flexible. This job allows me the ability to find other work. The pay is not enough for me to live on but it has been a "life saver" for me.
I need a job that pays a "professional" salary. I like working with children but I am not using all of my clinical skills.
Professional and Prompt
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLDecember 14, 2015
Kelly Educational Staffing is very user friendly. They provide online access to substitute job openings daily. As well, there is flexibility in where you choose to work, and when you choose to work.
Good company with flexibility
Substitue Teacher (Current Employee) –  Provo, UTDecember 7, 2015
I like working as a substitute teacher for Kelly Educational Staffing. It allows me to choose the district I sub for ads well as the teachers and classes I sub.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
I dont have any to report
Fun place to work very rewarding
Tech Support Representative (Current Employee) –  Lake Mary, FLNovember 30, 2015
Working with kids is always fun. I enjoy making change and actually taking the time to teach the children different things.
great experience builder for new teachers
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  Olive Branch, MSNovember 29, 2015
Great temporary job. Helps with building teaching experience. Flexible scheduling options and job opportunities with schools that you sub for.
Greatest staff
Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLNovember 29, 2015
I enjoyed going to work every day at this company! They were very understanding and personal! We all worked as a team and it was the best work environment I've ever worked at.
Pros
Hours
Cons
Temporary/Cut Backs
Overall, good
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLNovember 21, 2015
The flexibility is nice, it's just unfortunately low pay. It is nice to be able to pick the schools and grades you want to teach.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Low pay
My day as a substitute Teacher
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  Overland Park, KSNovember 9, 2015
During a typical workday as a substitute, stopping in the office to check in, pick up lesson plans. Read the lesson plans, go over the lesson for understanding what is being taught.
Take attendance, go over lesson plan answer question if needed
One of the hardest part of the job is not pronunciation of name when calling role.
you meet many new teachers in many areas of skills.
the most enjoyable part of the job you meet all types of young people from all over the world.
Pros
not full time work
Cons
the pay is good
Descent workplace, but should pay more if an individual have a Master's Degree.
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLNovember 5, 2015
My typical day at work runs smooth and steady...
I enjoy the flexibility of this workplace.
There is not a hard part when it comes to this workplace.
Pros
Get paid weekly!
Cons
Do not pay enough, and having to work a Monday and/or Friday out every month can be challenging.
A day at work
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLOctober 31, 2015
Conducted small group and individual classroom activities based on differentiated learning
needs.Observed students to supply teachers with feedback regarding potential learning blocks and
opportunities for support.Supplied one-on-one attention to each student, while maintaining overall
focus on the entire group.Supported students in developing strategies for individual needs and
classroom group dynamics.Administered minor first aid to injured students.