Kelly Educational Staffing

Kelly Educational Staffing Employer Reviews

.Pros and cons
Sr.Staffing Supervisor (Current Employee), ctApril 9, 2014
Pros: online training
Cons: little advancement
.Staffing,lot of multitasking. Fast paced. Computer based. Online training.
Employer for Substitute Teachers in Duval County
Educator (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLApril 5, 2014
Pros: the staff at kelly did everything to make our lives better! great benefit plan!
Cons: would not verify employment, $84 fee for "re-fingerprinting every 5 years"
I loved working for Kelly because it gave me the flexibility to manage my own schedule and appointments. The challenges of being a substitute for K-12 teachers are many. The staff at Kelly did everything to make our lives better. For example, there was an affordable health insurance plan, choices of half-day or whole-day assignments, both online and – more... telephone scheduling, one-time hourly rate increase after working 30+ hours, paid holidays for those who work most hours. My only complaint was the $84 charge for "re-fingerprinting every 5 years". I could see no reason why a temporary, part-time employee should be required to pay for that. I rate Kelly highly in every other category! – less
Sucks to work here
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee), New OrleansApril 2, 2014
Pros: choose your own schedule.
Cons: no regularity
I spend my day trying to keep unmanageable kids that don't seem to want to learn from getting into trouble. This company provides barely any training and doesn't seem to care about its employees at all.
Kelly Educational Staffing
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee), Terre Haute, INApril 2, 2014
As a substitute teacher, I learned that you need to have a lot more patience than I have. I did not mind doing it a few days a week, but to keep your sanity, I would never sub all week. I enjoyed the middle school aged students the most and tried to keep my work at my childrens schools.
Enjoyed working for the company friendly and helpful staff.
Substitute Teacher K-12 (Former Employee), Orlando, FLMarch 13, 2014
Pros: teacher's party and bonus
Cons: not paid for travel
Educated students in elementary, middle and high schools.
Substituting wis great for students
Substitute teacher (Former Employee), Orlando, FLMarch 12, 2014
I was a Sub as a college student. It was great as I was able to make my own hours as well as being able to have some funds before I was able to get a career path I liked
LIds
Store Manager (Former Employee), Bloomington,InMarch 10, 2014
*Performed daily inventory counts and employee shift scheduling using X-Store Database and post per company website
*Enrolled consumers in the Passport Membership Cards in accordance with company standards and provide its rewards
*Responsible for new hire interview scheduling, arrangement and conduction
*Responsible for managing new hires on maintaining – more... company standards per training guidelines
*Arrangement and alterations of display areas at the initiation and finalization of the promotional period
*Initiated of up-sell of store merchandise during promotional periods
*Assisted with Audit Estimations with Loss prevention
*Participated in daily scheduled district conference calls
*Provided customer awareness to all products including customization, passport memberships, etc via in-store and on-line
*Master in SWF Tajima software and PC programming
*Master in customization/design in all creative fields – less
Part-time income for full-time work!
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee), Jacksonville, FLFebruary 24, 2014
Pros: flexibility, hands-on training for educators, weekly pay
Cons: low hourly rate, inconsistent work nature, no advancement
I decided to make a career change into becoming an elementary school teacher. I recently relocated to Jacksonville and felt being a substitute teacher would not only give me hands-on training but also determine which schools would be a good place to start my new career. I accepted assignments for all grade levels including special needs all over the – more... Jacksonville area. I made a mental list of which schools I had an enjoyable time substituting versus the ones that were not so enjoyable. If you are new to Jacksonville school system, either you can follow my strategy to determine which school is for you and/or you can ask other substitutes their opinions about different schools. Schools have either a good, bad, or "stay away" reputation. I take my hat off to those educators, both permanent and temporary, who work in the "stay away" schools. When I first started with Kelly, other subs gave me a verbal list of which schools to AVOID. A couple of times, I ignored the advice given to me and selected the assignment. Some of those assignments, I wish I had listened and stayed away.
The pay is great for SUPPLEMENTAL income only. For more money and consistent income, try to aim for permanent substitute positions through a school directly. Especially, if you're taking steps to become a permanent teacher. Overall, Kelly provides great hands on experience for classroom management and teaching. Also, great supplemental income not good for sole income. – less
Great means of networking
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee), Jacksonville, FLFebruary 16, 2014
Great means of networking. Duval County Schools are tough. Standby.
Need for adjustment in managerial personnel
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee), Rock Hill, SCFebruary 11, 2014
Enjoyed working with the students, teachers & adminstrators in the various schools.
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee), Birmingham, alFebruary 4, 2014
Review assignments that have been left by teacher and complete tasks
Great company to work at
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee), North Charleston, SCJanuary 15, 2014
While at Kelly I was sent to multiple schools within Berkeley and Charleston County school district. The duties performed differed per school.
Very Rewarding
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee), Clarksville, TNJanuary 10, 2014
Pros: i always have a great day!
Cons: arriving early when the students are scheduled for a late day.
The most rewarding job i've ever held. I enjoy coming in and meeting different students everyday. I love the opportunity to make an impact for their future in a short amount of time.
Great experience but not long-term solution
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee), Springfield, MOJanuary 8, 2014
Good experience to build up a resume, but not a solution for permanent long term work
Great agency to be apart of!
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee), New Castle, DEDecember 18, 2013
Kelly has been a great agency to work for, they are always able to assist me in anything I may need from them. They have helped me obtain short and long term positions and also kearn many strategies for teaching on the go.
Never a dull day at the schools.
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee), Metairie, LADecember 14, 2013
Pros: weekly pay.
Cons: you may travel far to work.
I work as a substitute teacher, and the staff is excellent. I have really learned classroom management and how to deal with irate parents. The hardest part of the job is the pay. The most enjoyable part of the job is working with the children and the staff.
I loved working with the children.
Temporary Substitute Teacher Grades K-12 (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INDecember 12, 2013
Pros: it was a great learning experience.
Cons: it was a temporary assingment and i wish it would have lasted longer.
I would substitute teach for grades k-12. I filled in when their teacher was unable to make it to class. I would be assigned to different schools all around the west side of Indianapolis.
Substitute Teachers with Kelly Educational Staffing
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee), Jacksonville, FLNovember 22, 2013
Pros: you can select school preferences
Cons: the pay needs to be increased
Being a substitute teacher has been one of the most rewarding jobs. I have the opportunity to substitute at the schools of my choice. The staff at Kelly Educational Staffing are approachable and available to assist with scheduling.
Exciting , Engaging, Constant change,never a dull a moment
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee), Jacksonville, FloridaNovember 8, 2013
Pros: weekly pay, convenient working schedule for family purposes
Cons: no pay when students are out on holiday breaks and summer break.
As a Substitute Teacher, I immediately introduce myself to the classroom. I reinforce the regular instructed rules. I sometimes give the students the opportunity to introduce themselves as well.I have learned while being a substitute, that every child does learn things differently. Some students require a hands-on approach or visual example and some – more... require independent learning by reading the information at he or she own pace. Kelly's management is very clear, consistent and considerate with expectations I am to follow. The hardest part of this job is trying to maintain order of a class who may have a few disruptive students who chooses to be challenging, regardless of my approach.The most enjoyable moment of being a substitute teacher is being able to serve and encourage students who may or may not feel confident enough to continue reaching for goals; whether it's to complete daily assignments or even graduating from their current grade. I always advise every student that "Anything" is achievable as long as they don't give up. Failure may come, but that's when we should pick up the pieces and try it again. – less
Flexible job for students and individuals that just want to work part time, Weekly pay is awesome.
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee), Dothan, ALNovember 5, 2013
Pros: flexible
Cons: most likely at different schools or classes daily
Each day is a new experience. The most enjoyable part is meeting all the new children and being able to make a difference in someones life.

1 2 3 4 5