Kelly Educational Staffing Employee Reviews in United States

Love working in the schools.
Substitute Teacher - Primary Grades (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAMay 17, 2016
Very organized scheduling. Supervisors are always available to answer questions. Scheduling operators are always friendly and very helpful when changes occur.
Dont care about you
Custodian/customer service/maintenance (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCMay 17, 2016
I worked for Kelly services for a little over 3 months and I got called into the office and they let me go over what someone put on my facebook, I was told I had to go seek professional help from a shrink before I was ever able to come back to work.
Pros
great way to get in to a state job
Cons
they will gt rid of you quicker thank you can say i didnt do it
Where You're Your Own Manager
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLMay 13, 2016
You don't make many friends within your company, but you meet many other teachers and learn of other potential employment if you're looking for full-time, non-temporary work. Your day goes as you will it to be, and schools tend to be helpful when dealing with students who are making your job difficult. The only negative to the job is that the pay is not great, but, as teachers make very little already, substitutes make less. I've received better compensation at retail jobs than I have with my college degree working at Kelly.
Pros
Paid lunch breaks, design your own schedule, only teach at schools you want to, can take a lot of time off when needed and with no reason
Cons
Low pay, unexpected behavioral issues at schools, have to be ready for when the school needs you to cover somewhere else entirely
Paid Weekly/Flexible
Guest Teacher (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAMay 11, 2016
Great flexible job, work when you want to and get paid every week. Jobs are hard to find unless you have substitute alert subscription/app on your phone.
Pros
Paid weekly; flexiblef
Cons
Jobs hard to snag
Good environment, professional
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  Vidalia, GAMay 4, 2016
Check in school office. Get lesson plans that teacher left and follow them. Maintain control and behavior of students according to school policies. Leave substitute report for teacher at the end of day. Lock room and take anything to office that needs to be returned.
Challenging, yet rewarding position.
Substitute Teacher K-12 (Current Employee) –  Kansas City MetroMay 3, 2016
I enjoy flexibility in my substitute schedule. I can chose the days and school districts that I wish to sub for and plan my calendar accordingly. The rewarding part of this position is forming trusting relationships with the students and staff. I enjoy revisiting several schools.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Aesop Education website may be down.
Red flag
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee) –  FloridaMay 3, 2016
I refused to work any longer for KES after they refused to pay me for the hours that I worked. Very shady...would not recommend to anyone.
Pros
No pros.
Cons
Not getting paid for hours worked, don't even know you (just a number to them)
Kelly Educational Staffing
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMay 1, 2016
I have taught K-12 in all subject areas, and all grade levels. The hardest part was disciplining the children,and lunch duty.
Pros
breaks
Cons
lunch duty
Fun and educational work experience
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLApril 13, 2016
Instructs assigned classes in the locations and at the times designated. Maintains reasonable rules of conduct, which encourages self-discipline and responsibility. Implements a variety of instructional techniques and instructional media as required in the instructional plans for the day. The hardest part of the job is when teachers leave no instructions/work for students to do during that day. The most enjoyable part of the job is when students are learning, to see that as a teacher is a beautiful sight.
Good for a retired teacher who has benefits or a stay at home mother looking for extra cash
Full-time Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  Olive Branch, MSApril 11, 2016
Company had a decent system to attain substitute jobs, but pay was very minimal and rarely was there a scheduled job before the morning of.
Pros
Weekly pay
Cons
Little notice of jobs, but not the fault of employer, just the nature of the business
Not a good company
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNApril 7, 2016
your pay was never on time. They didnt send people where they asked to go to be closer to home. They were very unorganized.
Great Company
SUBSTITUTE TEACHER (Current Employee) –  Marietta, GAApril 6, 2016
My entire experience with Kelly has been great. The staff is friendly and want to see you succeed. My only complaint is with the job itself (which has no bearing on Kelly Staffing) Substitute teaching is just a tough job because students tend to give subs their worse. the pay isnt great, but for an inbetween time job, its convenient.
Pros
flexible
Cons
low pay
Teaching
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOApril 5, 2016
Pros
I love working for Kelly Educational Staffing because I'm able to have control of scheduled. Also, I don't have to worry about being micro managed.
Cons, The thing I don't like about working at Kelly Educational Staffing is the fact that there is no opportunity to earn more hourly because it is paid per day. Also, having a steady schedule is not guaranteed.
Kelly Educational services
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOApril 5, 2016
Kelly is a good company to work for. The hours are flexable and they can work with your schedule. They have a variety of opportunities within thier company for advancement.
It's good for what it is.
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  Newark, DEMarch 30, 2016
A substitute company gives a lot of flexibility which is nice. They expect you to work at least three days a week. The compensation is not much. It starts at $68 a day if you have an associates degree and goes up to $85 a day with bachelors. I think that once you get your actual teaching degree you are eligible to receive about $100 a day but even if you sub every day that still puts you right around the poverty line. It was good for while I was in school and to get some experience but I would never want to be a career substitute.
working with the student
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMarch 29, 2016
the substitute teacher imparts knowledge and provides instruction, just like regular teachers. But they work either for only a few days at a time or when the regular teacher is away on extended leaves, like a vacation.
Substitute teachers use lesson plans, assign class work and homework, keep the class in order. They often work in new places, with new students. This is both a pleasure and a responsibility
Good Company
Substitute Teacher K-12 (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAMarch 26, 2016
I like working independently and my brief encounter with other teachers has been very positive. All of the schools and staff are great.
Pros
Prep Schools have free lunch provided by a chef.
Cons
No benefits or holiday pay unless you have been there for a really long time
Flexible and accommodating
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMarch 20, 2016
Kelly educational staffing was a great experience. It provided an opportunity for a newly certified teacher to test his abilities and have many "at- bats" in front of students. There was not much professional support, but jobs were frequently available in a wide range of settings from urban centers to suburban.
Pros
Flexible; Incentives
Cons
Not much professional development/ training
Great company
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  Lee's Summit, MOMarch 15, 2016
Great company to work for that offers educational opportunities.
Management is very cooperative and easy to work with.
Offers a variety of jobs.
Good company to work for!!!
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  Polk County, FLMarch 8, 2016
I like the convenience of being a substitute teacher. You create your own schedule and select which assignments you want. The staff in the office are very professional and helpful. Overall, it is a good job.
Pros
Make your own schedule, you choose which jobs you want to accept, weekly pay.
Cons
Sometimes there aren't any assignments.