Kelly Government Solutions Employee Reviews

Operations Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Rockville, MDFebruary 2, 2018
I have been with Kelly Government Solutions for 13 years; NIH the entire time working in NICHD and NIBIB. Kelly offers an abudance of opportunities. The managerial staff is exceptional.
relaxed environment with fun people to work with and who you can relate to.
File Assistant (Current Employee) –  DC - District of Columbia, DCNovember 28, 2017
I say good morning to my co-workers and set up my desk for work. I put folders in place along with notepads. Then log into my computer to wait on request that my co-workers complete, so that I can check them as well as send them to the record center.
Pros
I learn the government workers work assignment.
Cons
I don't get paid as much as the others but do there work.
many contract opportunities at NIH
Clinical Protocol Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Bethesda, MDSeptember 10, 2017
Definitely worth looking into. Each contract position is unique and will depend on the assignment and those you are working with. Kelly provides decent compensation and and benefits.
Great company to work for
Adjunct Professor- Management (Current Employee) –  Wheaton, MDAugust 19, 2017
• Manage day-to-day office operation, including but not limited to problem and conflict resolution, organization and prioritization of tasks, and responding to written communication.
• Design and coordinate systems of communication among staff to facilitate the efficient flow of information relating to projects and program activities.
Temporary
General Clerk III USPS (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNAugust 11, 2017
I'm a contractor and this is a temporary position. the job is great, the people are great and so is the environment. I'm looking for stability in a company. Management is good as well.
Pros
Great pay
Cons
Temporary assignment
Dynamic, fun and a good work-life balance
Scientist (Contractor) (Current Employee) –  Bethesda, MDJuly 26, 2017
Since the company is a contractor company the typical day at work, workplace culture etc. varies. In general Kelly government solutions support their contractors very well and are available to help with any issues.
Pros
Excellent benifits
Cons
Fair compensation but no real growth opportunities
Senior Computer Analyst (Current Employee) –  Rockville, MDJuly 20, 2017
I expressed initiative and motivation to learn new skills. However, those desires where rejected because management expressed that if you were hired for a certain position, that's what you should focus on exclusively. Therefore, there was no opportunity for growth within the company.
Kelly is great; the place where I am contracted is horrible
Biological Science Technician (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJune 25, 2017
Kelly Gov Solutions is largely a wonderful company to work for. Benefits, paid vacation and access to management are great. The first sticking point is job title; not accurate which directly effects pay. The salaries are already on the low end.
Second, NIA is the worst site to be placed. There are 2 managers there that are astonishing in their rudeness, vindictiveness and lack of professionalism. You will not be happy here working in, or related to, the core lab. The first 6-12 months are doable but most people don't stay longer than that.
Pros
Association with NIH; plenty of paid vacation; paid Government holidays
Cons
NO opportunity for advancement; no salary increases; Point of Contact for job site is very, very difficult to work with.
Kelly
Program Analyst, contractor (Former Employee) –  Bethesda, MDJune 6, 2017
I worked at Kelly Government Solutions as a contractor employee to the federal government from 2012 - 2016. I had the same assignment at the National Institutes of Health for the entire 4 years of my employment with Kelly.
Pros
Being affiliated with and working to support the top physician scientists in the Nation
Cons
being a contractor
Lack of professionalism on part of client
Records FOIA Clerk (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMarch 8, 2017
The culture was one that you were placed with a prime contractor that wasn't sure of daily business operations. Team leads lack leadership, and Records manamgent knowledge.
Pros
Cons
No directions or instruactions. Mnagement used there prossion on personal basis.

Want to know more about Kelly Government Solutions?

Ask a question
Excellent Cost of Health Benefits Equivalent to Federal Gov
Grants Project Analyst (Former Employee) –  Rockville, MDMarch 6, 2017
In addition to working with a federal government client, my contract included health benefits equivalent to the cost of federal employees. I was included in all teambuilding activities/training. I felt like one of the team and not as an outside contractor.
Pros
Fun onsite activities, excellent inhouse training
Cons
transitioning to federal employment was not an option
a typical day at work
PASSPORT ASSOCIATE LEVEL 1 (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXDecember 31, 2016
The work is steady and my coworkers are friendly and professional. There seems to be opportunity for professional growth. Leadership wants their employees to succeed.
I work as a federal contractor in a Grants Administration Office
Grants Assistant (Current Employee) –  Rockville, MDDecember 4, 2016
I work in the grants administration office for the Nation Human Genome Research Institute. I review competing and non-competing applications to receive federal grants and I provide guidance to grantees on federal policy, procedures and regulations. I have worked on complex research awards and cooperative agreements as well as NRSA training grants and fellowships.
Procudctive place to work
Shipping and Receiving Clerk (Contract) (Current Employee) –  Rockville, MDMarch 15, 2015
A typical day is filled with receiving and distributing packages that come in for the customer. Day to day functions also consist of assisting lab mangers with stocking the labs, cleaning labs, and ordering items for the labs. Co-workers are so easy to get along with. Everyone is very friendly and helpful. The hardest part of my job if getting all of the shipments to all of the customers before the end of the day because we occupy three buildings. The most enjoyable part of my job is when I'm able to able to help the customer in any way possible.
Love working for them!
Procurement Technician (Current Employee) –  Rockville, MDFebruary 25, 2015
What a great company. These people really care about their employees and are always helpful. Getting a chance to work for NIH with them is a great experience.
Company review
Registration Analyst (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJanuary 30, 2015
I really don't interact with anyone at the company unless I have a serious issue or questions. My position is great. When I questions or concerns it's address quickly. The weekly pay is great. But the company benefits for it's employees could be a little better. I guess it depends on the contract.
Pros
Paid weekly
Cons
Better benefits
Review of Kelly
Program Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Bethesda, MDJanuary 26, 2015
I was a part of a Reduction in Force with DC Government. I found employment with Kelly Government Solutions. This was the best assignment. I enjoyed being a part of Kelly. They offered a generous benefits package and compensation. I earned leave and the staff was always concerned and very helpful when there were issues on the sites. I enjoyed working for KGS and would recommend them to anyone!
Productive, fun place to work.
Oper Assist/Admin Assist/Jr. FSO (Former Employee) –  Greenbelt, MDSeptember 19, 2014
Open office. Turn on all office machines. Make coffee. Check interview room for supplies. Check voice messages. Check emails. Assisted recruiters with administrative work. Learned how to access JPAS. Co-workers were a joy to work with. Enjoyable place to work.
Pros
Free parking
Cons
No overtime.
great placement company, they leave you to the specific contractor
Computer Technician / System Analysis (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDAugust 26, 2014
I come in to work a do what the Contractor (Government) ask for. most of my day i am programming to get information. Coworkers are great. The hardest part of my job is the distance i have to travel to get to work.
Pros
Company is always available in all situations
Cons
Very little say in advancements and salary increases
Limited opportunities
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Bethesda, MDMay 2, 2013
Limited opportunities for movement or advancement within organization.