Kelly Services Employee Reviews

Found 6,560 reviews matching the search
in/outbound calls, good environment , good co-workers, teamwork
Lead Customer Services (Former Employee) –  San Juan, PRNovember 19, 2016
verify emails and new offers, answer inbound calls. Every Tuesday we need to read the playbook, which it has the new offer or the offers that will continue. The hardest job is the outbound calls for the welcome calls and addresses verification. I usually do the training for the new employees and supervise the new employees. Good working environment and good co-workers and teamwork.
Pros
vacations and sick
Cons
health, 401k
What I Learned at Kelly Services
Senior Staffing Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ALNovember 27, 2016
It's been several years since I worked at Kelly Services but I do recall the names of the people I worked with and how much I enjoyed working with them. We pulled together as a team to make the work fun for everyone. Managing employees and contracts was at times a challenge, but at the end of the day I was pleased with our accomplishments.

Work hours were Monday - Friday, no nights and no weekends. Work - Life balance was great!
Pros
Great team of staffing supervisors
Cons
Few
Apple project from home
Retail Specialist (Former Employee) –  Suffolk, VAOctober 30, 2016
Working for the apple project with Kelly was a learning experience. it was my first at home job my co-workers became my best friends we exchanged numbers and face timed because we lived all across the map. My management team was the best they helped me learn the job and the products due to I'm not an apple user. That was the most difficult part of the job helping customers who had questions about apple products and I had no clue. Once I learned about the different products I really enjoyed my job! Apple customers know what they want and when that new phone comes out every year the phones and the stores are BUSY!
Pros
Saving on gas and luch
Cons
no benefits
On Site Manager - Not a good experience
On site Account Talent Manager (Former Employee) –  Kent, WAOctober 27, 2016
I worked as an onsite manager for a manufacturing company in Kent, WA. Kelly Services bent over backward to provide exceptional service to this client who truly did not view the relationship as a partnership. This resulted in a toxic work environment not just for me but for the Kelly temp employees. It was one of the worst working environments I've experienced.

On a positive note they do offer tremendous learning opportunities with a vast library of online classes which I was able to access for continuing education credit towards my HR certification.
Pros
Online learning opportunities are tremendous
Cons
Lack professionalism in the way they treat temp workers.
Kelly Temporary Services
Accounting Clerk (Former Employee) –  San Angelo, TXOctober 27, 2016
Kelly pays well, and I truly appreciate them. I worked at the same assignment from December last year to the end of October this year, which is GREAT. However once I learned to enter my time in their website, I never heard from anyone there except to tell me my contract had not been extended. I believe they are a great company and do a great service for job seekers, but they need a little more personal touch with their employees.
Pros
Good money for the area, it's work, willing to work to find me something else when this assignment ends.
Cons
Temporary, turmoil over whether you will have a job next month, Medical insurance is terrible. It is Very expensive for very little coverage.
Very employee friendly and family orientated place of employee
Technical Support Advisor (Current Employee) –  Troy, MIOctober 25, 2016
Working for KellyConnect from home is a very wonderful experience. I like the fact that I can work from the comfort of my own home but still have a professional work setting. I have a great relationship with my team members and well as team leads and supervisor. We communication as if we are family and not just co-workers.
Pros
Working from home, user friendly system, connecting across the world.
Cons
Productive environment always seeking employment for large volumes of applicants.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNOctober 23, 2016
Kelly Services was a very competitive staffing company that was constantly finding great matches for employment with various companies. I found work at various companies doing short data entry assignments. I learned about the operations and goals of various companies. Management was very professional and serious about candidates that they selected. The hardest part of the job was the high competition and lack of work availability. The most enjoyable part was seeing that I completed assignments at customer satisfaction.
Pros
Free training programs and various resources.
Cons
Lack of work availability.
Enjoyed working with elderly residents,and families
Pharmacy Technician Assistant (Former Employee) –  Rochester, MNOctober 19, 2016
It was a great experience in end of life care, rehabilitation services. And working with residents one on one. Involving our residents with community activities such as Rochester Fest, Festival of Trees, and many other community events through out the year.
Pros
Helping residents live thier lives even though they were in a nursing home setting.
Cons
We didn't have the best budget for all the things we needed.
good
Packing Associate (Former Employee) –  Rockledge, FLOctober 14, 2016
You'll learn how your employees feel about your business, the work, the culture, etc. You'll uncover blindspots in your company. You'll be able to address issues before they turn into bigger problems.
You'll learn what everyone in the company is working on. Everyone will be on the same page. No one in the company will feel in the dark about what's going on.
You'll learn more about everyone in the company as people. This could be a favorite recipe or movie. The small connections will bring everyone a little closer together.
Pros
free
Cons
short
Summary
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INNovember 20, 2016
• Ability to adjust to divergent lesson plan/instruction established by primary teacher
• Ability to adapt to new environments, administration, and students regularly
• Adapts and improves established approaches to work
• Effective management of class time to complete all assignments
• Demonstrating and reinforcing social standards of behavior, establishing norms of class behavior and maintaining order at all times
Productive and fun workplace
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  romoteOctober 11, 2016
Kelly Services is a great company to work for, based on my experience. Working from home was very convenient for me. The only complaint I have is not being informed about being trained in mac+, and it not being an option not to continue the training if you didn't feel that you could provide the best customer experience to the customer. Other than that, if you love tech support and love computers, I say go for it!
Pros
Awesome team leaders, group chats, and virtual training
Cons
No option to discontinue mac+ training if you were clueless, some TLs couldn't answer mac+ questions in chat rooms, moved to different team leaders
Learned a lot, but wouldn't go back in any capacity
Corporate Trainer (Former Employee) –  Troy, MIOctober 4, 2016
I learned a lot about the laws of hiring and HR. Unfortunately, Kelly sees it's own employees as if they were temp workers; Low pay, a general lack of job security,and though they aren't union, they firmly believe in First In Last Out.

Work/Life Balance- Time off is readily available
Compensation/Benefits- Good healthcare, very low pay.
Job Security/Advancement- If you're a white male, almost none of either.
Job Culture- You need to make everyone like you, or you won't succeed. Skills are a far second to the popularity contest.
Management- Kelly believes that the best performer is the best leader. Those are two very different skill sets
Pros
lots of time off
Cons
poor middle leadership
productive work but some managment problems
Braider Operator (Former Employee) –  Rocky Mount, NCOctober 4, 2016
My experience with this company has always been a successful one as far finding me the right type of job but when I get to the job site there was never a on site liaison to deal with the issues that temps may were having that conflicted with the company you were working for. Other that that everything else was ok but I would like to have seen a better turnover rate as far as temp to hire with this company b/c every job I ever had with them I always got laid off for different reasons that were out of my control and didn't conflict with company policy
Primarily a mill to run people through to fill postions
QUALITY CONTROL INSPECTOR FOR DENSO MANUFACTURING (Former Employee) –  Battle Creek, MISeptember 30, 2016
I had found that Kelly services, while fairly professional, did not care one whit about my college experience and my degree. I had expected a job placement with a heads up to the company I was placed with that I was looking for advancement and had education to back my desires up. Sadly, that was not to happen. Kelly services completely ignored the few restrictions that I had to work and was consequently removed from my position by my doctor.

The plus side of working for Kelly services was Very fast placement and there was never a mistake with my check. The co-workers were all quite pleasant and great to work with on the job.
Enjoyed working with all the people
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORNovember 14, 2016
The best group i ever worked for They treat you like a valued employee even though you are a temporary worker. I learned everything right away with minimal supervision. I recommend Sigma Design to anyone looking for temporary work when they offer it through KELLY.

And for KELLY services

They ROCK!!
Pros
Great work environment
Cons
wish they would offer more assignments in Vancouver WA.
I work with a wonderful company, always staying busy and working my way to the top
Human Resources Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNSeptember 20, 2016
I love Amazon and Kelly Services. It took about 3 weeks for them to find me this job and I love it! I coordinate all the direct hire orientations, which is every Wednesday for about 8 hours. I meet new people and personalities every day. I scan documents on our OnBase program. I help with all the hires, even seasonal positions. Set up interviews and schedule them. I deal with job abandonment and attendance hotline also.
Professional Contractor
Professional Contract HR and Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Denver, CO and Charlotte. NCSeptember 15, 2016
This is a staffing agency that places its employees at the sites where clients (Companies) are needing assistance.
I have been provided the opportunity to not only get to work at some of the best companies, but also been privileged to cross train and learn many skills and work with countless people!
I am very much a people person so it is not hard for me to work with others. The part that I have most enjoyed is the cross training and experience I have gained from working as a contractor. I may not have been able to pick up as many skills and have the same experience with such diversity as I have if I had I not been recruited as a contractor.
Awesome, Easy Accomodating
Temporary Employee (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKSeptember 20, 2016
A day at work could change at any minute. I learned multiple things varying from Undercover work to working for the state of Alaska. Management always worked with me and made life easy. My co-workers were very open and welcoming. Hardest part was not knowing if I would be working with the same people or different. Most enjoyable was the change of pace constantly.
Pros
Worked when I wanted, No strings
Cons
No structure
Good people, well organized, willing answer questions.
Parts Inspector (Former Employee) –  Saginaw, MINovember 15, 2016
Since Kelly Services is a temporary service agency you don't interact with their job coaches on a daily bases. Which for me makes it even more amazing how well we get to know one another. A typical day would be joining other temp staff and getting our job done. We have to self motivated. Yet management was always a phone call away if we needed them.
Well organized but mainly a temporary job
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  Brooksville, FLNovember 23, 2016
The job is easy, the staff is friendly, and the pay is almost minimum wage. It can be challenging at times working with students, but overall is a great place to work! My only issue is the low pay and there is no guarantee for work hours so it is first come first serve.
Pros
Schedule your own days. Easy to use system.
Cons
Low pay, first come first serve type of scheduling

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kelly Services. Our community is ready to answer.