Kelly Services Employee Reviews

Found 3,595 reviews matching the search
Management was disconnected
Business Administrator level III (Former Employee) –  Troy, MIJanuary 20, 2014
I was hired in as a business administrator for a Vendor Management System as a contractor on a 1 year contract. I had just a little experience with Vendor management systems at just over half of a year but management had a lot of faith in me. I was hired in directly after just 3 months on the contract. When starting I took over for someone who had more than 7 years experience. I started managing the program with 17 accounts. He only managed one account with another vendor management system. At that point the department was struggling to keep up with the 17 accounts and was always extremely behind. My team consisted of me and another worker who assisted part time. This worker had been with company for 10 years and managed only 1 account. Routinely that co-worker did not assist and I was left managing the 17 accounts and growing while he struggled to keep up with 1. He had a different sexual orientation and seemed to get away with doing less and it seemed that this may have been due to this lifestyle choice. The company seemed to shy from reprimanding him due to possible backlash of discrimination accusations. Me and him were good friends on the job even though he often self admittedly did not pull his weight. After 6 months at the position the department had grown and eventually there were more than 30 accounts. I was working from 7 in the morning until 10 or 11 at night on a regular basis. I brought our struggles to the department manager and she spoke of adding help to this team in our department. The manager did nothing for a long time and provided very little help, direction  more... or knowledge. I spoke with her regularly letting her know that we were in trouble. The manager did not seem to know much about many parts of the business and did not understand a lot of the workings of this Vendor management tool. She provided a lot of hands on assistance to the other administrators who serviced another vendor tool with which she had much more knowledge and experience with. Several months went by and it was nearly a year at the position before another body was added. I spoke with HR sometime around this point letting them know that I was doing a lot more volume of work than my peers and being treated differently. HR was unhelpful and said that this was about me and not my peers. I was demoted at the same time and the new hire was hired from within. This new hire worked remotely. I was expected to train the new hire and work the same volume I was working before. At this point I was extremely skilled in this position and our volume was getting under control as I was able to provide direction to our team and manage our queue effectively. At this point I was working a comfortable schedule of 7-4 and doing quite well. Eventually management hired a another body that I trained for a few weeks and I was unexpectedly let go. The reason given was that my quality of work had declined. I asked for explanation and they tried to provide mistakes. Nothing that was provided were mistakes. The director who is above my past boss had just made a few large mistakes that had a large impact on business. This person also had a large ego and enjoyed walking around talking about how much they thought they knew about the system. I felt betrayed. I had just bought a house and a new truck. I also have a child on the way. My management knew of this.Once I left I spoke with my past team member late at night. It was near 10:30 in the evening and he said that he was still working. He said that the team was consistently working long hours again and that they had to regularly call upon the guy I originally took over for assistance. Overall this position left a bad taste in my mouth. I feel like my being let go was political. The positives were while some people were not so great at work I did meet some great people that worked there that I still speak with.  less
Pros
met some good friends
Cons
some management is disconnected
Poor local management
Former full time employee (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYOctober 30, 2014
Kelly Services is not a bad company, the leadership is as a whole supportive and knowledgeable. However, corporate management should make a bigger effort to confidentially gather feedback from full time employees on their local leadership and operations. There was a dramatic negative shift affecting business and morale of full time employees. Dishonest business practices started to become the norm, and even encouraged-doing anything necessary including falsifying records to meet the needs of the customer. Work/life balance and support were no longer important and the focus was solely on gaining a bigger presence in the local market with little to no regard for the employees who were making it happen. Ultimately this resulted in the loss of several large accounts due to overworked, underpaid and burned out employees. The irony is staffing levels decreased, placing even more burden on the employees, who were required to perform the jobs of 3, even 4 employees with no increased salary to compensate. Not only was there no recognition for assuming these responsibilities, there was little to no support from management, and no tolerance or flexibility on family emergencies, illnesses, appointments, etc. Additionally, due to the decrease in staffing levels, it became the norm for their to be multiple payroll issues for the temporary employees, and other serious issues which required constant escalation to the corporate level. The management became a dictatorship watching from the sidelines, no longer leaders concerned with developing their employees and offering guidance and support.  more... The management falsely promotes to new and current clients a positive environment with the bandwidth to handle their needs, however their is a clear consensus among full time employees that the environment is in fact hostile and extremely negative. Nearly all full time employees are actively looking for other opportunities. There is the promise of an open door policy, however it is for compliance and appearances only. It is well known that any discussions or concerns brought to management will not remain confidential within the management team, but also shared with other full time employees purely as a topic of conversation. There are members of management who openly mock other members of the management team as well as other full time employees. Personal information is shared freely with no regard to the promises of confidentiality.Turnover increased tremendously with multiple long time valuable full time employees quitting for better opportunities or released to make way for management's personal connections who are not held even close to the same expectations. The pay for full time employees is clearly below market standards-another irony for the near impossible expectations of the employees.
I would not recommend this company, nor would the majority of current and former employees
Cons
management
Kelly + Allstate Jacksonville, FL
New Business Specialist - Allstate (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLApril 7, 2014
I was excited to get an open-ended assignment through Kelly at the Allstate corporate office in Jacksonville, FL office. The first red flag was the vague answer to my question about training - I repeatedly asked if there would be training. The response? "It's mostly data entry but there will be someone available to answer any questions." The second red flag? Not getting a full description of this "mostly data entry" position from the Kelly representative. But, the hourly rate was decent (another red flag; the pay scale in Jacksonville for ANY job is poor. Most data entry positions I've seen advertised start around $8/hr. This position was $14/hr.) and I needed a job.
First day at Allstate: I met my manager (who's office was a 5 minute walk from where my cube was) as we walked from security to the area where the other Kelly temps for New Business were kept. I was shown to my cube & was told someone would be with me soon. Red flag #4: the "training notebook" was put together by another Kelly temp that had been there about 3 months. The team leader (& the person who was going to be there to answer all my questions) & I were introduced. He then told me he was super busy & had another temp sit with me to go over the navigation of the 5+ programs needed for the "data entry" I would be doing.
This wasn't a data entry position obviously. I was reviewing applications that had been rejected & determining what needed to be done to process the application. In the 3 months I was there, I was trained by the team leader for approximately 10 hours in 15-30 minute increments. His answer to most
  more... questions was "skip it." The manager was unavailable - I approached her a couple of times & she assured me that I was doing a great job. That was Allstate.
What about Kelly? It was worse. I called my representative & left messages on voicemail and with the receptionist. I emailed. I emailed from work with my Allstate address & I emailed from my home email address. I wanted a progress report, some feedback -anything! I had talked to several other temps in different departments & generally they had been there for 6+ months. I wanted to make sure I was doing what needed to be done so I could continue (it was a 3 month at a time assignment). No response. No phone call, no email, no smoke signal. That is until the day before my last day.
Kelly has a good reputation, is well-known & presents itself well. And I should have known when they couldn't give a detailed answer about training that there were issues. I would not recommend Kelly Services or Allstate Insurance as a possible employer or as a customer.
Sad, but true.
Pros
it was a job.
Cons
everything else
Good support staff and most leadership is excellent.
Global Supplier Contract and Compliance Lead (Former Employee) –  Troy, MIJune 26, 2012
Most of my days involved trouble-shooting contract and insurance compliance problems for our department. This was the most challenging and most enjoyable part of my job. This might include drafting corrective contract language, having a single meting with a staff employee to discuss the issue, or escalating a problem to the appropriate level of management for leadership action, and/or having discussions directly with the supplier on ways in which the supplier could achieve the contractually required insurance obligations necessary to continue on-boarding as a supplier and/or maintaining a fully compliant standing with the company and our customers.

I worked with little direct supervision and acted as the subject matter expert with regard to insurance and contract compliance issues for the entire department; not just for my specific staff. I liaised with both the Contract Department and the Risk Management Department on serious issues of contract compliance and contract language development. All this was to mitigate contract risk wherever I found inconsistencies with my employer’s standards or our customer's standards.

Most days were 9 hour long, with many evenings, and the occasional weekend, spent at home on my laptop catching up on email, developing presentations or working on data analysis projects that went undone due to ever changing priorities throughout the day.

I conducted training for cross functional departments on Global Supplier Relations processes in general and on contracts and insurance compliance, specifically. I enjoyed my work and my staff a great deal.
  more... The people, my staff, were reliable and hard working.

I thrived on contract review and analysis, along with risk assessment for jobs we were asked to staff. I enjoy making presentations. This base of experience was gained over my 20 year career in Risk Management and Insurance. It served me well when I was promoted into Global Supplier Contact and Compliance Lead in the Global Supplier Relations Department.
Pros
leadership was very approachable, flexible work schedules, inclusive of telecommuting in certain jobs, strong employee dedication to doing their jobs well, on-sight cafeteria made it easy to manage one's lunch time effectively.
Cons
extremely expensive health insruance costs borne by the employee, very low employer contribution to 401k plans, bonus plans eratic and in some cases inequitable with other plans in the organization.
I had the pleasure of working under Kelly Services with Murdoch, Walrath and Holmes for 9 months. I worked with a highly-skilled and respected company
Receptionist/ Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cordova, CAOctober 14, 2013
My day normally starts off (at work) with opening the office, prepare coffee, turn on office machines, retrieve the voice mails so that any staff calling in off work is accounted for and is noted on the office's main calendar so that other staff is aware,always inform (via email) the office director and supervisor of anyone calling in sick or off work for the day, deliver voice mails to the appropriated persons, always review the main office calendar so that I can account for all staff's whereabouts and scheduled meetings, answer multiple phone calls throughout the day, and direct them to the appropriate person or associations within the department, any scheduled meetings (within the department) are to be logged into appointment book and placed on the outlook main calendar, communication via email with staff members, prep meeting room for scheduled legislative meetings, assist outside vendors with any deliveries or pick-up, receive all US postal deliveries, retrieve and deliver incoming mail, reconcile account payables daily and ensured that accounts agreed with daily balance sheet reporting and weekly bank deposit, track and confirm payments from vendors via membership database system, upkeep the department's inventory/office supplies and ordered supplies as requested, received, processed and sent out monthly invoices for various associations membership dues, coordinated the printing of business cards and distribution of publications, utilized all office equipment, fax, photo copier, scanner, troubleshoot equipment problems, tracked month-end reports for copiers and postal  more... and mail usage, at the end of the day responsible for securing/ and locking up the department.

I learned that the key to enjoying your job, you must be productive, organized, use your time wisely, communicate with your co-workers, share and be informative so that you can assist others when needed, communicate with your superiors.

The hardest part of my job was wanting to learn more about the other associations within the department as well as perform other duties but were not allowed to because it wasn't of my job description.

The most enjoyable part of my job was getting along with my co-workers, knowing that I can multi-task in a timely manner and accomplished all of my task for the day.
Bad Management
Parts Stocker (Former Employee) –  Davenport,IAMarch 25, 2014
I had worked for Kelly Services for several years and the work was easy and the pay did increase. But the place I was assigned to had some serious civil rights violations going on. Peolpe working for Kelly Services and the Global auto manufacturers warehouse started to practice witchcraft,black majic and some other stuff on me and others. I'm a Christian and that is against my religion, I had serveral meetings with both representatives of Kelly services and the company who I was contracted to. And they did nothing but tell me I would be fired if I kept speaking out about it. I was really disapointed in these companies and there management. They don't seem to grasp what civil rights are in the workplace and the major companies philospy is respect for the individual. These people were doing some bad things to people and the company equipment. There were several coworkers who went to break and never came or told anyone they were quiting or people would be victomized by these people doing this evil and be fired because of work performance. I had never heard of anything like this taking place in the workplace before.I ended up being told I had to write a statement of what had been going on and name peoples names and what they were and had done to me and others, no other options but to write this statement. So I wrote it and got a call from Kelly Services headquarters saying they had read my report and said it was too dangerous for me to return to the job assignment and to stay home and they would do a investigation.But then the next morning I got a call from the same people and they  more... said they wanted to put me in another job asignment without conducting a investigation into the matter like they had just said the day before.So I said you couldn't protect me in that warehouse how could you in another job asignment without a investigation first. So I was forced to quit and how you could here the excitement in the Kelly Service peoples voices on the other end of the phone.So I'm seeking legal help against this civil rights violation. And I would never buy a product with that major auto companies name on it for what they represent and let go on in the workplace.These two companies just want to protect their brand image, especially the major auto maker.I would not reccomend Kelly Services to anyone who has ethics and morals and believes in civil rights being taken serious.  less
Pros
easy work
Cons
bad management, don't protect workers rights
DON'T WORK FOR KELLY SERVICES
order picker (Former Employee) –  davenport iowaFebruary 12, 2013
If I were able to give Kelly Services ZERO stars then I would have. After being told in December of 2012 that I was hired to work at American Honda in Davenport IA, I was told the job wouldn't start until January 2013. I asked if they had any other jobs I could do until then, they said that's all they had available. Really? an employment agency with one customer BALONEY. When January came aroung the Kelly Services office in Davenport at 100 Kimberly said that the job would start in February sometime. It was obvious that they were holding off on sending clients to any other jobs in order to satisfy Honda with as many prospective temps as possible, holding back all applicants from being placed anywhere else. When I was finally sent to an hour and a half training session at the office, it took Kelly 2 weeks to even figure out where my check was, let alone get it to me. Then I needed to change my checking account information for direct deposit, and corporate said the office had to send it, and corporate said they didn't get it, the office said they sent it, corporate said they don't have it....etc etc etc....so I decided that I didn't want those morons any where near my account information so I asked them to give me a Kelly Pay card which I have not seen yet. WHEN I FINALLY GOT CALLED TO HONDA they scheduled me for training from 12-4:30 PM and then they called and asked if I could come in at 7:30 AM til 11 AM instead, and said yes. I worked for 4 hours and did a great job (the job is very easy) then right before I left for work the next day the Kelly rep. onsite called to tell me  more... that the lazy, constantly complaining, man who had no problem with me doing his job all day at Honda told them I wasn't learning the job...really?..I was there only 4 hours? He's been there 8 years...it was a nightmare....I almost quit a REAL job I was actually hired through normal channels not a temp. service. DO NOT GO THROUGH KELLY SERVICES THEY WILL MAKE YOU JUMP THROUGH HOOPS JUST TO MAKE YOU JUMP THROUGH MORE HOOPS TO FIND YOURSELF IN A HOOP .INCOMPETENT KELLY SERVICES OFFICE AND CORPORATE REPS WILL PUT YOU OUT ON THE STREET.INCOMPETENT INCOMPETENT INCOMPETENT  less
Cons
not enough time to train
A temporary staffing company that allowed me the opportunity to work in numerous manufacturing facilities
Manufacturing and Logistics (Former Employee) –  Michigan City, INJune 15, 2015
Federal Mogul: Southbend, IN
Federal-Mogul is a market leader in materials technology, application engineering and advanced testing capabilities for pistons in high-performance engines.
A typical day at work for me consisted of loading an anodize machine, at first, to working side by side with my operator of the anodize machine, and then promoted to end of the line inspector.
I learned about the entire process from molten metal to finished product, of numerous types of pistons.
Management was competent.
My co-workers were excellent to work side by side with. Their knowledge and training impressed me thoroughly.
The hardest part of my job was adjusting to the 12 hour shifts, which only took a week to do so.
The most enjoyable part of my job was having a co-worker see my potential, and teaching me things that were well above my pay-grade.

Geberit Chicago Faucets: Michigan City, IN
Chicago Faucets has been America's leading manufacturer of commercial faucets for over 110 years.
A typical day at work for me consisted of manufacturing, assembly, and distribution of faucets and there components. I had started by working in an area called JK (Replacement Parts), to assisting a line operator, to running a line myself.
I had learned how to read the schematics to do my job successfully, to building and finally to testing the faucets, and boxing and preparing for shipping.
Management was excellent. Chicago Faucets is a family based business, and they are very capable, competent, and able to meet deadlines efficiently.
I enjoyed my co-workers immensely.
The hardest
  more... part of the job was the "Red Card" Policy, but it kept the safety standards high, which is why they are a successful company.
The most enjoyable part of my job was that Chicago recognized my potential and allowed me to grow within their company.
Pros
Great people to work for and with
Cons
Payscale is lower than I had anticipated
A GREAT JOB FOR A HUMBLE EXPERIENCE
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NV.July 11, 2015
Opportunity Village is definitely a great organization where they welcome clients with mental and or physical disabilities have an opportunity to become a part of the community. OVIP's (Opportunity Village Important People) the clients, are also given the chance to work, participate and engage in different activities in their programs. My time I have worked there has been great because each day I get to greet clients, their guardians and others who come to visit such as tours and sponsors. I like staying productive, so I am mostly on my feet to supervise the clients, assist them with daily living activities, and engage with other productivity to keep their mind stimulated. With the experience and knowledge of working for this company, you definitely will learn to have patience, empathy and a positive outlook because it is a joy and will open your mind to see that the clients have so much potential and is capable of many things that it will surprise you. It has also been wonderful being able to work with a staff who is welcoming and helpful; I am grateful of that. We all understand that many jobs can be stressful but I have only found it to be slightly stressful at times when you have to change certain clients who can be difficult or uncooperative; however, when you are passionate about what you do and have compassion for those under your care, you will still be positive because you should already know what is required of your job or responsibilities. When it is a job of your passion to care and help better the lives of others, then that is all that matters. For me, money is  more... just what helps us survive to live but when I am able to give someone hope, make their day even a little better and they are happy with a smile on their face that is what's worth more and at least I know I have done all I can to do my job right.  less
Pros
Flexible
Cons
On-call
Uncaring upper management
Senior Advisor Work at Home (Current Employee) –  GeorgiaOctober 24, 2015
Ok, so I have worked for kelly services work at home for 11 Months for a leading provider in technology. When I started the training all wen't well and my instructor was very knowledgeable. After graduating from training I was taking phone calls for a few weeks and then was moved up to a senior advisor position. All was well for the most part until things begin to change and shift to the left. During the duration of my time there I was bounced back and forth between team leads and was constantly changing teams. Only because so many additional team members were being hired on for the up and coming product launch. During the course of my employment my computer that I worked from was stolen from my home along with a few other items. I sent the staffing department the police report and they told me that the "supervisors" were going to review it and then get back to me on whether or not they would be able to send me out a new work computer. Ok fair enough. One week goes by no response... two weeks go by no response... three weeks go by still no response... now I have been out of work for 4 weeks and have not gotten a response what so ever. I even reached out to my supervisor and he never emailed me back. Go figure. I also spoke to staffing and have been hung up on and treated unfairly. I offered to buy another computer to work from or to even go to a brick and motor call center in order to continue working and no one has gotten back to me. Keep in mind I have to continuously call in from work because i'm still on the schedule but I don't have any equipment so I can't work. It's really  more... sad because im a great worker one of the top advisors on the program but no one cares if I work or not obviously. I guess I will wait another 6 weeks for a response. Very disappointed!  less
Pros
Work at home
Cons
uncaring management, micromanaged, favoritism when it comes to moving up in the company
The most unprofessional company I've ever worked for
Apple Advisor (Former Employee) –  FloridaJanuary 28, 2016
The lack of training they provide before they throw you to the "wolves" is what I found hard to unbelievable. We had ample time to learn about the actual job we would be doing but instead spent the weeks on basic customer service skills (previous customer service experience was a requirement, lol) When a customer was inquiring about a certain type of Mac, or other device I wasn't familiar with, I was a deer in headlights. How are you going to expect people to sell a product that you didn't train them on? So, I spent my nights after work learning all this specifics of their products and devices. In training, we were told it wasn't a sales position, when in fact there were definitely sales metrics to meet, ridiculous ones at that. The lack of professionalism is another issue I had as well. Every time I spoke with my supervisor, she seemed to be very distracted with her current game of Candy Crush. The reason I left my previous job for this one was because of the opportunity for advancement. I made sure to tell my supervisors of my career goals and advance so they could help me on that track. Well, after almost 6 months of working, being told I was doing a great job and this and that, I wasn't able to log on. An email was sent out saying that there could be a technical issue, and if there was, to attend a Blackboard meeting. I was assuming I had to just change my password or something. Nope! We were pulled into different virtual classrooms about 10 people at a time and fired in groups, lol. Where do they do that at??? No warning, no explanation, no severience pay. We were kicked  more... out of the room and they remotely locked our computers. They let go about 200 people right before the holidays...  less
Pros
They send you all the equipment needed to perform the job, but wont send you the right power cord for computer
Cons
Low pay, no benefits, no management, no morals...
Kelly Services
HR Admin (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYNovember 26, 2014
I loved working for Kelly and was sad when my contract ended.
Supported branch 4301 by working closely with Senior Recruiters, to support all administrative processes. I’m responsible for ensuring a seamless and compliant interview and selection process for each open position.
Serves as point-of-contact for candidates and hiring managers for technical and procedural questions related to the recruiting process.
Create interview specific documents, collect and compile Applicant Feedback Forms
Schedules candidate interviews and coordinates recruiting dates.
Serves as point of contact for Hiring Managers and Interviewers regarding candidate interview schedules and rescheduling of interviews
Posts open positions within the ATS and to other relevant job boards, organizations, and networking affiliations. Performing payroll accounting and administrative duties to support the department including setting up payroll account codes, processing payroll setting up voluntary deductions, processing and auditing payroll, auditing payroll reports, processing tax forms and resolving payroll issues.
Reviews, analyzes and checks payroll forms and reports for accuracy and makes necessary adjustments or corrections. Review, analyzes and check payroll forms and reports for accuracy and makes necessary adjustments or corrections.
Issues W-2 Wage and Tax Statement reprints. Processes and maintains W-4 tax data and changes in personal data. Used ADP payroll system..
Pros
location, training, people, support
Cons
contract
The modern way to get a permanent position if you are looking to be hired by a corporation
Claims Processor (Temporary) (Current Employee) –  East Syracuse, NYJune 24, 2012
Kelly does an awesome job of meeting the needs of its clientele by finding the right person for the right job. Corporations nowadays seem to want people with very specific skills AND experience and don't want to waste time or money on training. While opinions vary on the sustainability and/or ethics of this business approach, the reality is what it is and Kelly does exactly what they say they will. They negotiate your salary up front and even allow you to purchase benefits when you work for them for a length of time. For assignments which can last a lot longer than three or six months, this is an ideal way to split the costs down the middle for everyone involved. The service coordinators know what they are doing and everyone is extremely professional. The hiring process is as transparent as possible to my knowledge and all their policies are available on the Internet, which makes finding out the etiquette of applying for a permanent position at the workplace you are assigned a lot less awkward. In addition, I REALLY liked the ability to get paychecks direct deposit and see all my tax info and pay stubs online. I've worked with various different agencies; this is the only one out there to deal with both me and my employer straight up while meeting both our needs. If a corporation or employer posts a job through multiple agencies and you find you have a choice when it comes to signing the exclusivity agreement? Whatever these recruiters tell you, SIGN WITH KELLY.
Pros
eventual benefits, transparency, honesty, great pay and people
Cons
well it's temporary!
Temp agency not worth your time.
Customer service (Former Employee) –  MaineJune 30, 2014
Took an assessment test at a career center. After completing 2/3 of the test I was unable to download the 3rd portion of the test. It wouldn't download. Called them and explained and they said, "we can't help you. Call the tech support line. Called tech support. They kindly explained that my test scores were recorded & that I would not have to retake those portions of the test, but I should try to complete the final portion at one of their offices. Went to one of their locations and they were unable to help me to complete the test. So then I went to another location. The employee there told me I would have to take the tests over from the beginning. When I mentioned that I had already taken 2/3 of the test and that tech support said they had it on record, he said that, I had not and that the scores did not come through. I agreed and took the test again, even though this was a lie and they are inept in dealing with the company that handles their assessment tests. Then I was rudely exited and when I called regarding my test reviews, I was condescended and told that others have completed the tests at Career Centers. Even after Career Center employees told me that they must not have comparable technology. Because I simply said to this one employee that I had already completed 2/3 of the test, I was deemed abrasive. Even though he was on the phone during my visit. He was not giving me undivided attention and was unprofessional and then deemed me unprofessional merely because he was unable to retrieve my test results. I have several friends who have had similar experiences and recommend  more... them to nobody.  less
Cons
inept at their own software.
The mighty are no more
Customer Service Fulfillment Service (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORJanuary 20, 2014
Years ago, I worked for Kelly Services. That was when you could start one day, have a holiday hit and then work the following day and you'd get paid for that day. Now, they have become as bad as their clients and as uncaring.

I work in Portland, the city recently passed a law that ALL employers in the city had to provide sick leave and they cannot "Discipline" the employee for such.

Kelly WOULD shaft you for being sick and even with a doctors note, they remove you anyway!! I know of at least 5 people who were ill or had medical problems and they came back to work, only to be told "You missed too much work, you're fired" and then they lose UI benefits.

The have been running ads for this company and lead you to believe that there's massive overtime and you'll be working and get hired real quick. Nothing could be further from the truth.

If you're lucky, you'll get 30-40 hours of work each week. Usually the average is 33.75 The pay recently went up as the state voted in a higher min wage. Yes, the client is cheap and makes millions per month. Isn't that wonderful?

Oh they want you to carpool, but they don;t give you a parking space unless you have a PERMANENT employee with you!! After 3 months, you are "Allowed" to apply for positions.

They give an award to the temp employee of the month. The permanents get a jacket, then a $25 gift card and then 3 get 1 hour pto. So if you're good at kissing (You know what) you'll do fine...Oh and they really like hispanics, or russians.
Cons
long walk to lunchroom, not always 40 hours a week. no benefits (except sick pay now by law!)
A Productive Day in the Life of a Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician (Current Employee) –  Freeport, TXFebruary 20, 2014
My work day begins by checking my work email for any important messages from my boss and supervisors. Once that's done, I check the to do list for today that I made on yesterday and add anything new that needs to be added. Writing a to do list helps me to manage my time better and will offer me an opportunity to communicate with my leaders about the time line for a specific project that needs to be done and if some experiments need to be moved around as to meet the deadlines for our projects. I then write out a Safety Card which lists all the tasks and hazards that may be associated with the task so that I will ensure my safety and the safety of those around me. My co-workers have the same attitude about safety and getting things done in a time and orderly fashion as i do. Its the culture that's created in this work environment. If one of us needs help, if we have time, we pitch in to help each other achieve our project goals. the hardest part of my job is wanting to help everyone meet their project deadlines but having to say "no, I'm sorry, but I can't help you because of a deadline that I to have to meet." You really do want to help everyone but sometimes you just can't. the most enjoyable part of this job is knowing that I have contributed in part to the project that I'm working on, I may have only had a certain part to work on but I know I have contributed and that my results are on target with everyone elses.
Pros
free lunches because of great team work.
Cons
priorities changing in the middle of the a project.
Beware!!!! Kelly Scientific Midland Mich
research tech (Former Employee) –  midland, miApril 12, 2013
If you’re of the opinion this is your way into a full time position at dow you will most likely be disappointed. Some have but they’re a minority. Some companies have a policy of allowing a temp to work for a maximum length of time or there are some legal requirements which I don’t know what they are. Some persons work there permanently as temps. I worked there for 5 yrs 4 of which were in a very abusive situation against me until it ended. As a contractor (kelly) you are a convenient scapegoat for other persons incompetence and you have not even a chance to argue you position. You are not part of the dow group and won’t give it a 2nd thought since you can’t fire back at them. All Kelly administrators will assure you it was all YOUR fault and will not stand up for you at all. And to prove that is not true, they will demand that you never tell anyone about any of it which I am obviously doing.
The pay rate you start a is OK but you can think if it as a teaser rate sort of like what a new credit card company has. There will be 5% pay reductions coming your way and a brand new person who knows nothing will start out more than you. You have to restart there on the pay scale. If you start a position with kelly, ask them that and see what kind of response they give you. They will squirm and probably say something like “We can’t predict what pay arrangments Dow will have for contractors in the future”
In summary, working for kelly at dow is no better than working for these greedy pimps somewhere else.
Pros
probably are none
Cons
read the review
See resume
On Site Manager @ Boston Financial Data Service (Current Employee) –  Canton MAApril 23, 2014
• Direct the requisition fulfillment process from creation to candidate’s start on an assignment.
• Manage screening techniques that ensure only high-quality résumés are submitted to the customer.
• Successfully monitor contractual rates to ensure they are aligned with supplier contract.
• Manage assignment logistics with Human resources and or hiring manager regarding the temporary workers' assignment information (i.e., start and end date, location, rates, hours, etc.)
• Manage quality control processes; metrics, reports as required, provide a high level of service de-livery.
• Developing and implementing recruitment strategies for open positions. Maintain an updated candidate pool to ensure the timely meeting of client needs.
• Resolution of program related issues with hiring managers.
• Appropriately manage the customer relationship by building a professional rapport, following up consistently, and by maintaining ongoing contact and communication.
• Proactively identify service delivery issues and provide appropriate and timely solutions.
• Conduct resource planning with hiring managers to anticipate future staffing needs.
• Prepare, present and review quarterly ABR with both Kelly Services, Inc. and the management team at Boston Financial Data Services.
• Provide regular training to associates and client to avoid co-employment issues.
• Coordinate and supervise hiring events to satisfactorily meet client staffing needs.
Fragmented Services aka Kelly Services
Laboratory Technician II (Former Employee) –  Pleasanton, CAJuly 20, 2012
Working for Kelly Scientific/ Kelly Services as a Lab Technician you are held to standards of higher responsibility than your co-workers that are not contracted employees. Kelly Services does not show loyalty to their contract employees and leave you to work in hostile environments without providing the contracted employee proper safe workplace support.

Co-workers that are at the assignment sites can be pleasant others can treat you with less respect and will use the fact that you are a contracted employee as a means to harass verbally, knowing that if you complain you will most likely be terminated and that Kelly Services will use the "At Will Worker" terminology towards your position as a means to disregard any claims made against your your assignment co-workers or management.

Management at Kelly Services can be less then professional and abuse your privacy right regarding contact methods such as your cellular phone, by calling you after your assignment paid work hours are finished disregarding the fact you are off the clock and not being paid.

The only highlight to Kelly Services it that you can gain access to large corporations that currently do not have permanent hiring plans, this will help you to make a sound decision regarding your career pathway.
Pros
large corporation assignments, networking
Cons
pro management, abusive and sometimes hostile work environments
Excellent Company
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Anchorage, AKNovember 21, 2012
Answer phone calls (direct and transfer to applicable person)
• Greet people who visit the agency
• Notify employees when their appointment has arrived
• Notify Clinician or Case manager immediately or "On Call" individual in the event of a crisis call or internal crisis situation (depends on the situation)
• Provide clients with intake forms.
• Monitor the clinic schedule daily.
• Confirm a client's clinical appointment at least one day in advance of the appointment.
• Follow daily opening and closing procedures.

Other Activities & Responsibilities:
• Sort & date stamp daily mail.
• Maintain On-call bag check out system.
• Copy and distribute occasional notices or memos.
• Make and post agency closure signs.
• Promptly make copies of the foster parent stipends and send them to billing dept.
• Maintain the employee sign-in/out board with 80% accuracy.
• Maintain the Medical Records, Main Agency and van sign-out key system
• Maintenance vehicle check list.
• Maintain the visitor sign-in system.
• Assist senior management with administrative needs.
• Make ID badges and distribute them to employees.
• Monitor and clean the lobby.
• Make and maintain employee and foster parent mailboxes labels.
• Replenish agency form in the mailroom.
• Distribute and mail checks to employees and foster parents.
• Schedule meeting rooms and up-date the meeting room schedule signs.
• Assist with the maintenance of the bulletin boards in the mailroom.