Kelly Services Employee Reviews in United States

Found 6,206 reviews matching the search
Data entry jobs seem to be the highlight of my experience.
Data entry and Property Management Assistant (Current Employee) –  Downtown Buffalo, NY for both positionsMarch 24, 2016
A typical day would be come in to work, turn the computer on and get to it. Nothing too special.

I actually haven't learned too much, as it has all been data entry regarding construction work that I have a well formed set of knowledge in and speaking over the phone. Both I am proficient in performing.

My managers were all fair and some even fun to talk with about work. The breaks are laid out plainly and there was never a bad word said about anyone in the offices, even when other co-workers showed up late or not at all.

The hardest part of my job was a co-worker that wanted to follow my every step and act as my guide when I was already provided information on how to do things correctly by my manager.

The most enjoyable part of the job was actually the management at the offices. they know what they need, and you provide it. The praise received is always worth it when they tell you "That was done well". or "This is the best report I have ever seen", Instant gratification is always nice.
Pros
Home-life balance was par.
Cons
Not many to speak of.
Prefer to not work for a Contracting Company
Review Coordinator III (Contractor) (Former Employee) –  Minnetonka, MNMarch 28, 2016
I enjoyed the staff at Kelly Services. When I applied for a position I did not realize it was a contractor position. I do not personally like contracting positions because there is no benefits through the company and a long wait for benefits through the actual contracting company. The insurance they offered for myself only was over $250 per month. That is not reasonable. Sometimes there were times of miscommunication through the manager of the business I worked at and the contracting company and myself. That was frustrating. I also didn't like how the job can just end with no explanation. All in all, if you are looking for a contracting position Kelly Services is a great place to go. Contract work is just not for me.
Pros
Good pay, nice staff
Cons
health insurance cost, no pto/vacation/paid holidays
Variety of schedule and places to work
Various Secretarial (Former Employee) –  Blue Springs, MOApril 5, 2016
Having multiple secretarial skills, payroll, receptionist, data entry, filing, mass mailing, copying of materials and putting them in presentation form. They gave me an advantage to work long term assignments and get a check out other companies. Most management I worked for were great, but a few wanted more than what they had hired me for during that day or few days. Most my assignments were from 2 weeks to 6 months or even extended.
Pros
variety of place and people I met
Cons
pay and no benefits
Temporary Assignments with various companies
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAFebruary 10, 2016
Afforded the opportunity to work in many different office environments. The learning experience from each assignment landed to my being able to be proficient in the jobs that followed. The management team in New Orleans was thorough and kept me as busy as I chose to be. The hardest part of being a contract worker was not knowing the environment in which I would be working and how the overall makeup of the team would be. The most enjoyable part of the job is that I met many different, interesting people.
Pros
Learning different office environments
Cons
No benefits
Great fast paced company with a lot of over time hours. Unpredictable work schedule, no room for growth.
Assembly Line Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLFebruary 11, 2016
I enjoyed working at a fast pace and pushing each other to reach the goal as a team. The hours were good, plus over time, so the pay compensation was great. You could not make plans for Saturday, though, because we almost always had to work, and you never knew when they were going to switch the work schedule.I didn't see much of an opportunity for advancement with this company.
Pros
Hours/overtime: fast paced environment.
Cons
Unpredictable work schedule: not much room to advance.
Difficult job
Feeder (Former Employee) –  Newton, NCApril 4, 2016
Kelly Services is a temporary company that hires you to work at Target Distribution Center. When they first took over I was working for Manpower, but the switch was a little rocky. At first Kelly raised everyone's pay by $1, but now it has been cut by $2.50, making it lower than when Manpower ran it. The work is not worth the pay and the environment is very strict; no visitors, no leaving the building until the end of the shift, no window access.
Pros
Education
Cons
Pay
Producticve
Sr Funder/Compliance Analyst (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJanuary 6, 2016
This work requires excellent attention and focusing skills. Regulatory restrictions can be complex and detailed. A good compliance analyst must be familiar with the laws, aware of planned changes and able to identify anything that might fall on the wrong side of the law, even if it appears nebulous or subtle. Experience is critical, and an analyst who has substantial industry experience and connections might be more employable and better able to negotiate pay and benefits. People who are already working in an industry but have an interest in changing careers to compliance analysis might want to consider going back to school for certification.
Pros
Overtime
Cons
No health insurance
Great hours and safe environment.
Assembler/Packer (Former Employee) –  Champaign, ILFebruary 24, 2016
My day will start off great, I'm very punctual always on time. I loved my hours. My co-workers were great, nothing better than to work with a group of people that like to get the work done. I learned to work quickly in the assembly line, O-ring installation and Pre-box Sequencer. My supervisors were very knowledgeable and helpful in the time of need. The hardest part of my job was when I had to deal with heavy objects that were greasy, which made it harder to work with. Overall I enjoyed working for Kelly Services the job kept me on my feet.
Pros
Great hours
Cons
No benefits provided
Being recognize for the work that you do
Medical Receptionist/ Data Processor (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIMarch 2, 2016
A typical day on the job would be arrived to work early, print out the schedules for the day for both myself and the Doctors, make sure patients information is readily available for Doctors such as labs that are not in systems, any patient messages that are of urgent to respond to, check in and out patients if receptionist is responding to other patients, input information in system, process referrals for patients, retrieve mail, cover different departments if I'm requested. The hardest part of the job would be that a good Doctor would spend a little extra time with his patient, or come in late, or have a meeting in between time that would run behind and the patients get upset because they are sitting in the lobby more than expected. The most enjoyable part of my job is that I try to make sure that I respond to a patients need or request before the allotted time frame and if I could not I would ask them to bare with me.
Pros
meeting drug reps, meeting new patients, free lunches, flexible schedules, great staff, learning new things.
Cons
short breaks, short/long term benefits are a year out, vacation request is within one year of employment
Kelly Services / Apple (work @ home project)
Senior advisor (Former Employee) –  Troy, MIDecember 1, 2015
I worked on the work @ home / apple project for just over 2 years while I was attending college. The positives are the recognition from your peers and/or management, "online" social events, and a fairly consistent schedule each week.

The cons are working holidays, nights and weekends (which is common for help desk work, not uncommon in the industry). Because the salary is so low and the hours demanded there is no way you could work a second job or support yourself on what you make there. If you can work part time (a few of my team did) or you just need a little extra cash, then this might work for you. If you are expecting to be paid $15+ per hour, then this will not be the job for you despite education and/or experience.
Pros
consistent schedule, weekly paychecks, mostly flexible schedule
Cons
low pay, lack of benefits, working christmas day
don't care about employees
Information systems (Current Employee) –  Midland, MIFebruary 15, 2016
Only work if you have no choice. Benefits and health insurance is horrible and very expensive. Very little available training then its training put together by other kelly employees not true marketable training. No career paths for most jobs unless you work for Kelly services but if your contracted to another company that is your job till you leave or they terminate your contract.
Great Staffing Agency
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Roanoke, VAMarch 20, 2016
This is the first staffing agency that I worked for when I moved to Roanoke in 2003. I registered and took the required testing. Two weeks after arriving, I was working. I worked for them almost 2 years until I got a permanent job.

The pay was between $10 - $14 per hour depending on the assignment.
Pros
Experience received from working at a variety of places
Cons
No Benefits
a diverse workplace, with lots of people to get to know
order picker, Sequencer (Current Employee) –  Champaign, ILJanuary 14, 2016
repetitive work, I have learned how to drive a forklift and an order picker, overall the management is ok. I like 99% of my co-workers it is a good workplace, the hardest part is being repetitive everyday, the most enjoyable part of this job is my co-workers, I like being able to talk to so many people it really makes the work day more productive and go by faster when you like who you work with.
Pros
some incentives, secure job.
Cons
No benefits, low pay, hard to advance
fun job
Material Handler (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNMarch 31, 2016
• Receiving Products into the warehouse and reconcile products with invoices and shipping documents
• Follow shipping manifests to prepare products for shipping out of warehouse
• Ensure warehouse and stock room are organized
• Manage and operate inventory on computer systems
• Work as a team with others to ensure tasks are completed
Pros
the people the environment
Cons
no benefits
Was hard work and Long hours
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Troy, MIFebruary 25, 2016
When I worked for Kelly Services it was a temp agency. I was only paid so much and did not receive benefits. I had to work so long where they sent me in order to get hired on full time. I was told it would be about 6 months, but I was never hired onto the company and never received and benefits or health insurance. I worked anywhere from 12-14 hour shifts 5 days a week.
Cons
Got 3-4 breaks inbetween the shifts
Good solid place to work
Computer Operator II (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIMarch 23, 2016
Good, solid place to work. Have been employed for almost 4 years. Benefits are good. Co-workers are pleasant.

Flexible schedules. Management listens to employees.

Seems difficult to change jobs within the company.
Pros
flexible
Cons
Hard to move within company
Job Placement
Assistant Teacher (Current Employee) –  Tupelo, MSApril 5, 2016
Day is joyous from time to time working with children, I enjoy working with some of my co-workers I wished that they allowed the assistant teachers to get medical benefits or some of the same benefits as the teachers
Pros
Naptime for the children
Cons
Many kids are ADHD
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Lehigh AcresMarch 24, 2016
Great place to work and great benefits. Very convenient. Flexible hours and the convenience of being in your home are awesome. Customers can be a pain and the job can be very demanding but overall its a pretty good job.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Working from home can be boring
productive fun
Bilingual Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZ 85284March 14, 2016
I had a good experience working for this staffing company, the pay rate was also fair, good communication with management
Pros
good management
Cons
no benefits while being a temp worker
Quick to find work for people.
Factory Worker (Former Employee) –  Dunkirk, NYDecember 14, 2015
Allowed for various work types and locations. Learned to be flexible, and to do a variety of things. Never had an issue with anyone in management. Very nice folks. Co-workers, generally decent. Hardest part was knowing that it was just temporary, and that each assignment paid a different wage. The most enjoyable part was being employed.
Pros
Flexibility to change assignments without causing hurt feelings.
Cons
Temporary and not many benefits.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kelly Services. Our community is ready to answer.