Kelly Services Employee Reviews in United States

Found 6,093 reviews matching the search
Fantastic Company
SR. ACCOUNT TALENT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Bedford, NH 03110June 13, 2016
I worked at Kelly Services for 8 years I am a better man for having worked at Kelly Services. I was afforded an opportunity to grow with the company. The staff through out the state are very supportive of a team environment. The leadership keep everyone on track to deliver results while asking for input and supporting new ideas and challenging everyone to accept change while rolling out new initiatives.
Pros
Advancement opportunities
Cons
Excellent for variety and new challenges
Temporary Staff (Current Employee) –  Knoxville, TNMay 24, 2016
The managing staff at the Knoxville office is wonderful. They are responsive to the needs of the employees as well as the company. It is a great place to land if you are in need of something somewhat fluid. Due to the nature of temporary work, it can be difficult to leave a situation in which you had been placed. If you need variety and enjoy new challenges, it is an excellent place to work. The company does have some benefits offered such as health insurance and employee perks (discounts, etc.).
Pros
Variety of work, supportive staff
Cons
Temp work has little job security
My experiences as a Substitute Teacher for Kelly Temporary Services
Substitute Teacher K-12 (Current Employee) –  Olive Branch, MSJune 7, 2016
My typical day at work as a substitute had many challenges which I was able to overcome. Most of my students had behavior problems but my communication skills with them one-on-one improved the situation by teaching them to learn how to be respectful to their teacher, parents and each other.
Pros
free lunch for every child
Cons
sending the most disrespectul students to in-school suspension
Few pros. Many cons.
Apple Technical Support Advisor (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 19, 2016
Working with Kelly Services over the past two years has served its purpose, but is certainly not fulfilling.

Pros:
Work from home.
Some equipment is provided.

Cons:
Company rarely gives minute raises (if ever) and does "not accept raise requests".
High turnover rate.
Stressful due to the way that the staff is managed.
Purchase your own peripherals.
Time off requests frequently get denied no matter how far in advance you put them in.
Company continues to add more responsibilities with no compensation for extra work loads.
Lack of incentives to perform well.

If you need to work from home, this may be a good temporary position for you.
i would not suggest anyone to kelly services in rocky mount NC or Wilson NC
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Rocky Mount, NCMay 19, 2016
While everyone needs a job ,you would think Kelly's is a good temp service but soon as you the person they send you to says anything , your job is lost, People go though a lot of things , day to day week to week , the resolution is not always letting you go, Kelly's does not care .The pay rate sucks. No one can survive or take care a family on $8 a hour.
Pros
flexible with hours because you are on a call basis
Cons
not enough hours, not full time and no type of security
This company is great for placing you in acceptable wage contracting jobs
Data entry (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZMay 17, 2016
Kelly staffs administrative support or assistant, or even administrative management when something comes up. I was happy with the compensation for the most part but was not happy when I was in a contracted position that could be bumped for any reason. I appreciated the pay cycle and the ability to live decently on the income.
Pros
Kelly kept me working pretty much.
Cons
Temporary positions, contracts often end with no reason
Excellent
GIS - Data Analyst (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 15, 2016
This was a very productive, but relaxing atmosphere with each member of the team feeling a sense of obligation and responsibility.

Geography Information System is what we primarily focus on. I learned several aspect of mapping through google and various software available for GIS, Gained a certificate in GIS through trained staff provided by company.

The best part of this job was the completion of delegated task that give you the entire picture of what had been done and if there was need for further advancement. Very creative.
Pros
Atmosphere very relaxing and no micro management.
Cons
It is a productive agency to work for
Administrative Assistance II/Data Entry Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lyndhurst, NJJune 17, 2016
A typical day was doing the duties that was assigned to you

I've learned so many trade working at this temp agency by sending me to temp jobs

Management was very professional

Co-workers was helpful

The hardest part was not being assigned to a job

The most enjoyable part was being assigned to job position or company that you liked
Pros
No free lunches given from the temp agency
nice clean room had to suit up.very big lunch room.
Resistance Tester (Former Employee) –  Irwindale, CAMay 23, 2016
Working with Kelly services help me to add more experience to what I already new. it was a joy working with Kelly services testing parts for pacemaker using mho meter and small hand tool.it made me file file important i like when i test a part and it pass. management was nice. co -worker were very nice. never had a hard time on the job. the most joy i had was staying busy.
Pros
nice and a hard worker
Cons
short brakes
The company i worked for is doing wonderful things in our community!!
Data Entry in Microsoft Excel for billing (Former Employee) –  Portsmouth, ohioJune 22, 2016
It just so happens the job placement they sent me to was a place that I have a lot of respect for. They provide wonderful service for our community. My typical day was data entry in excel for Medicaid billing. While working there I learned more how to navigate through excel than what I previously knew. The managers and co-workers all had a positive, supportive attitude with one another. We all worked cohesively together. The most enjoyable part of the job was the fact that we played a part each day in providing a service that is extremely needed in our community.
Pros
Half hour paid lunch. 8-4 work day Mon-Fri. Positive work environment!
Cons
There honestly weren't any.
Good employment assignment to Dow Engineering Solutions.
Sr. PCE Engineer Designer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 20, 2016
Typical work day is relaxed, without pressure, flexible work schedule, empowered job responsibilities, good benefits.
Expanded my work/job experiences.
Good co-workers, helpful.
Hardest part of jobs was new challenges from new equipment types and schedules.
The most enjoyable part of the job was the opportunities to be creative.
Pros
All good experiences
Cons
I don't know of any Cons
Human Resources/Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 27, 2016
Sourced for potential candidates throughout the U.S. for multiple positions
Pre-screened candidates
Scheduled interviews with candidates
Referred applicants to specific position openings
Administered pre-employment forms (employment applications, I9, W4, policies)
Administered tests (aptitude, personality, interests)
Checked references, processed changes with regard to employee status
Informed job applicant by telephone or letter of acceptance or denial of employment
Maintained personnel records, along with other various clerical duties
Day on the job
Temp Labor (Current Employee) –  Conover, NCMay 25, 2016
The Temp leader tells us where to go, Could be 3 departments repow/feed ,or inbound ,outbound ect If I was sent to repo I would remove frieght from the lines and put them in cages. If I was to feed, I am to remove the freight from cages that were from repo and load them on the lines so the packers can do their job and I would keep feeding them until time to go home we have 30 min lunch and 25 min break inbetween we feed. inbound is where the frieght is uloaded from trucks and put on belts.management is good there always around there called gl's Guide Leaders the peolpe I have worked with they do there job but there are some that just don't care and make it harder on everyone else.if there is team the work is steady, flow and the faster that we get it done and done correctly then we go home .
Substitute Teacher
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  Gulfport, MSApril 30, 2016
I love being a substitute teacher for this company. The benefits and pay are not the best, but I enjoy my job. The days that I work are very flexible and I'm able to take a day off when I want, which is a plus. However, I also have to wait for a job to be posted, which may not come. So you never know when you will work from day to day. Also, the rate of daily pay and the ease of the day really depends on the school district you work in. I love the district and the schools that I work in. Kelly Services also offers bonuses and incentives at different times throughout the school year. I would recommend this job to anyone who enjoys children and don't require a 40 hour work week.
Pros
Work when you want, enjoy the children and coworkers
Cons
Pay isn't that great
Productive Nice People
Line Operator (Former Employee) –  Sanford, NCMay 11, 2016
I enjoyed working with the people at Kelly's, The work wasn't very hard & everyone was friendly. I learned how to move at very fast speed, also making sure everything was in order as far as the products being made. managing time & working with others. Hardest part the job was when there was more product than people around, or when the product would come in damaged. I Loved the management team everyone got alone well.
Productive, and fun place to work
Call Center Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Florence, SCApril 22, 2016
A typical day at work would be to arrive fifteen minutes early that way I can prepare myself for the job at hand, and have all of my systems up that way I am ready for work . Then to go around, and make my rounds to see who is currently at work or not at work. I've learned to stay on task with the job at hand, and I've learned the proper etiquette on how to speak to my customers on the phone. The most enjoyable part of the job was when we received awards for our recognition of a job well done, or for obtaining a 100% QC score for the month.
Pros
great pay
Great Opportunities
Data Entry Specialist (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXApril 21, 2016
I worked for Kelly Services for about 18 months and I was happy with the assignments they put me on. Some temp assignments have management personnel that treat temps like garbage. Luckily, Kelly had my back in these situations and pulled me from the assignment because I didn't deserve to be treated this way. I was fortunate enough to be given a temp assignment that ended up lasting over a year and I was very happy with this assignment.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCJune 16, 2016
learned new systems and different company policies, I love working with people, people was friendly and willing to assist when needed, showed their company values, management had open door policy and was willing to help you find the job to fit your skills
Pros
varied work environment, allows you to hone the skills you have — and learn new ones
Cons
temporary position, benefits, pay, no holiday pay
Temp agency Overall rating 4 out of 5
Press Operator (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYApril 18, 2016
I was placed at a factory that manufactures parts for hospitals. I worked 12 hour days, 4 days in a row then had 4 days off. The repetitive bending and lifting took a toll on my back.
I learned how to run an injection mold press.
The co-workers were very friendly and respectful. I worked with the same people for the most part, aside from working overtime.
The temp agency does need to listen to the client about what their wants and needs are.
Who you know base company
Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  Taft, LAMay 18, 2016
I feel Kelly Services can be a great company. However, they hire friends and family verses qualified employees with work experience. They are not a company that keeps good workers that will be productive. They have bad recruiting habits.
Pros
Competitive pay, Large company
Cons
Bad hiring practice, will not hire you unless you know someone to talk for you, Not so professional in some places