Kelly Services Employee Reviews

Found 7,052 reviews matching the search
It was alright
AppleCare Advisor (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GAFebruary 13, 2017
I worked for AppleCare. It was generally alright, but you're pushed to meet unreasonable metrics and not fully help the customer in favor of meeting those metrics so that their "numbers look good". I ended up completely disregarding this in favor of helping people until it got to a point they were going to fire me, and then I quit. Management tries to help you but really they're just pushing metrics, and thats all they really care about because it's what drives their raises and promotions, and yours. If you don't mind being a little morally objectionable, this might be a place to work for you.
Pros
Work at home
Cons
Just wants to push their metrics
Great company, but no opportunity for growth
Commercial Recruiter (Current Employee) –  NYC, NYJanuary 19, 2017
While Kelly Services is a very large company, it does not have room for advancement within. The commercial division and the professional and technical division are very segregated, and offer no opportunity to advance from the commercial side to the technical side of recruiting. The salary is significantly lower than most other staffing agencies, and do not offer increases. Healthcare costs are very high to cover a families.
Pros
Work from home
Cons
Healthcare costs are very high for family coverage, no room for advancement, and low salaries
one of the worst place to work for
Medical Device Technician (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLFebruary 8, 2017
Only apply if you're going to quit after 1-3 months. They have absolutely no advancement or pay raise for their temps. They play favorites and if you are a temp to hire worker, you will get the blame for everything and constantly be bullied. You are forced to do the hardest work, and gain no recognition for it. Management will coerce you into staying with the company by telling you they are bound to hire you soon, but that is extremely unlikely as they play favorites. I was there for a year and was told I would get hired within the first 6 months to a year. But after learning everything including the paperwork and all the stations, I was still not hired. They make you work mandatory overtime so you have no life and you could be going in as early as 4am the next day without warning including having to work mandatory Saturdays without proper warning. Communication always seem to be a issue they can't seem to solve as well despite working in the same building!
Pros
after a long time there, you can get holiday pay without even getting hired on
Cons
poor management, low pay, peer abuse, you cannot have any sort of scent so you better change your shampoo
Learned a lot, but wouldn't go back in any capacity
Corporate Trainer (Former Employee) –  Troy, MIOctober 4, 2016
I learned a lot about the laws of hiring and HR. Unfortunately, Kelly sees it's own employees as if they were temp workers; Low pay, a general lack of job security,and though they aren't union, they firmly believe in First In Last Out.

Work/Life Balance- Time off is readily available
Compensation/Benefits- Good healthcare, very low pay.
Job Security/Advancement- If you're a white male, almost none of either.
Job Culture- You need to make everyone like you, or you won't succeed. Skills are a far second to the popularity contest.
Management- Kelly believes that the best performer is the best leader. Those are two very different skill sets
Pros
lots of time off
Cons
poor middle leadership
Use them for what they are for and do what you have to do!
HR Assistant/Marketing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Glen Allen, VAMarch 8, 2017
I've never had a problem with Kelly. I was in between jobs, and they helped me out tremendously. The assignment they put me on offered me a permanent position, but I turned them down because I found something in my field.

My experience was very positive. Their directions are clear cut, the Senior HR recruiters are tough but pleasant and fair. It's simple: Do your assignment, do it well, and you will be fine. Also, don't look at a temp service for an answer to a permanent job situation and you'll fare well.
Pros
Overall good experience.
Cons
Expensive benefits (if interested)
Shelf Customer Service Rep
Shelf Customer Service Rep (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INDecember 30, 2016
• First point of contact for customer interaction
• Responsible for handling customer inquiries, processing orders, and addressing billing issues
• Answering product knowledge inquiries for TASC Readiness Assessment, Terranova, TABE and LAS Links Products
• Handle escalated service issues
• Must remain in available for phone coverage 85% of scheduled shift while also maintaining case load and processing orders within 24hrs of case being assigned
• Member of the OAS processing team responsible for processing Online Orders for TABE, TASC, Las Links, and Terranova Online products
Pros
Work is consistance, friendly atmosphere, managment is nice
Cons
Temp service, no benefits, pto etc...
Very unfair organization & practices
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJanuary 7, 2017
I worked successfully for Kelly as a temp for many years & was hired by one company at one point and had a stellar reputation. That is until one assignment where I was treated unfairly, given misinformation, yet was told I was doing a good job. After the assignment ended early, I later found out I was given a horrible review & Kelly stated I jeopardized them with the client! Never was I told there was an issue and Kelly never ASKED ME what happened at the job or gave me the benefit of the doubt given my many great reviews with Kelly & other assignments. It never occurred to them that the CLIENT may have had issues & they never even spoke with me nor the client mention any issues with me. So Kelly, YOU lost a great candidate & I've been with other agencies ever since & given great reviews. So no great loss. In addition, the salary for the position I was in was extremely low and I was told I should be grateful for any salary just to be working there ???
Pros
A lot of companies use Kelly
Cons
Unfair, deceptive practices
They dont care about you!
General Laborer (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAJanuary 12, 2017
Temp only. The chances of being hired on is ZERO. The accounts they have are very short contract jobs. No benefits or health coverage. My assignment was terminated early and when I was out of a job they would not help me get a position at another opening in my area because of my termination at my assignment where I was having problems with other temps. needless to say I went through another temp agency and got the same exact position that Kelly had said I was uneligeble to work in through Adecco!!! My recruiter was unprofessional and Rude. Now I am a great company full time with Benefits.
Apple project from home
Retail Specialist (Former Employee) –  Suffolk, VAOctober 30, 2016
Working for the apple project with Kelly was a learning experience. it was my first at home job my co-workers became my best friends we exchanged numbers and face timed because we lived all across the map. My management team was the best they helped me learn the job and the products due to I'm not an apple user. That was the most difficult part of the job helping customers who had questions about apple products and I had no clue. Once I learned about the different products I really enjoyed my job! Apple customers know what they want and when that new phone comes out every year the phones and the stores are BUSY!
Pros
Saving on gas and luch
Cons
no benefits
Perfect for getting a start but I wouldn't rely on them for matching your skills to the job.
Accounting/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ashland, KYFebruary 16, 2017
Enjoyed working at my job assignment. I was able to refresh my QuickBooks skills and learn additional software from the brokerage standpoint. However, I was interviewed for another position and from the time I was interviewed till they made the offer, the money amount and benefits were completely changed.
Pros
Saved me from going business to business.
Cons
Low pay, not always completely upfront about assignments I.E. Pay, hours, etc.
very easy work
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Zanesville, OHJanuary 19, 2017
first yr working for kellys services wasnt to bad..was placed at kelloggs plant..down fall no benefits no raises. after 1 yr of service laid off for 90 days then have the choice to go back but start over with hrs. down fall is communication with site manager. down fall with site manager they promote people that hasnt been working there long. promote people that have no exp being a lead
Pros
can make easy money
Cons
12 hr shifts, no raises, no benefits, get laid off after 1 yr of service
Productive and fun workplace
Professional/Technical Recruiter (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 25, 2016
A typical day would be come in to work, turn the computer on and get to it. Nothing too special.

I actually haven't learned too much, as it has all been data entry regarding construction work that I have a well formed set of knowledge in and speaking over the phone. Both I am proficient in performing.

My managers were all fair and some even fun to talk with about work. The breaks are laid out plainly and there was never a bad word said about anyone in the offices, even when other co-workers showed up late or not at all.

The hardest part of my job was a co-worker that wanted to follow my every step and act as my guide when I was already provided information on how to do things correctly by my manager.

The most enjoyable part of the job was actually the management at the offices. they know what they need, and you provide it. The praise received is always worth it when they tell you "That was done well". or "This is the best report I have ever seen", Instant gratification is always nice.
Work at Home Technical/Customer Support Representative
Technical Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Work at HomeMarch 8, 2017
No work life balance at all.
Poor management- unprofessional Leads. Your switched from one lead to another almost monthly while they are constantly hiring and firing employees.
What I learned: never work for this company again.
Culture: Cheerleader type management- no technical skills. If you sound like a cheerleader and cannot pass the tests, they make you a team lead. Your direct supervisor has less skills then you do. You are encouraged to move to Senior advisor positions only to find out you will be handling the angriest of customers.
Promises of incentive pay and increases never occur. No sick days.
Poorly run operation. Mass hiring and firing - they mass hire before a product launch, then mass fire after the launch.
Pros
Cons
Low Pay, Weekend and Holiday Hours, Cheerleaders as management, No room for advancement, no sick days
great people to work with
Forklift Driver/Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Berea, KYFebruary 4, 2017
Running a forklift and unloading trucks management was great the work culture was pretty good the hardest part of the job was getting all the trucks unloaded really fast before you got another truck in the most enjoyable part about the job was the people i worked with
Pros
pay, and friendly environment
Cons
had to work in all kinds of weather and benefits
A great place to find work
Production Operator (Current Employee) –  North Haven, CTJanuary 3, 2017
Although Kelly Services has been helpful and steady, it is hard to advance anywhere and most temps do not get hired; in addition, there are no benefits for the employee which makes it harder. The people and management are amazing and the there is a lot of variability among culture. Work and life balance is good too since there is little to no change with work schedules.
Very associate oriented company. Well organized and helpful.
Final Assembler (Current Employee) –  Elizabethtown, KYFebruary 8, 2017
Kelly is a great company to work for, they have given me a great opportunity and work expeirence. They are easy to contact and willing to help with their workers needs. The only downside of this company is that it's temporary. Them giving me a foot in the door at Altec is great and I hope to continue into Altec as a full-time associate.
Pros
Good benefits, good work enviroment, reliable managers.
Cons
Only temporary
Productive and fun workplace with great employees
Laboratory Technician (Former Employee) –  Baytown, TXJanuary 31, 2017
At typical day we got there at 6am and started working immediately. At 7:45 we had a morning meeting and everybody would eat breakfast together. I learned more about procedures and keeping them up to date. I learned about tagging out instruments and writing permits for different jobs. Learned a lot about safety and how important it is! The most enjoyable part of my job was my coworkers!
Pros
free lunches and fun people
benefits
Good to use between lay offs
Core Service Specialist, Medical Records Clerk (Former Employee) –  Towson, MDFebruary 4, 2017
Kelly Services was ok. They seems to change staff a lot and was not always upfront with the positions and they information. If you use them make sure you ask a lot of questions regarding the assignments they send you on. Such as parking, hours, work place culture is very important for those looking to achieve full time status
Pros
quick turn on on assignments
Cons
no benefits
Ok place to work
Talent Acquisition Solutions Specialist (Former Employee) –  Troy, MIMarch 20, 2017
If starting your career this is a great place. Cold calling and finding leads. Typical day at work was emailing and cold calling. Management was helpful in creating your brand and helping you grow
Pros
Work from home option
Cons
No benefits - No pay raises - Expect a lot for pennies on the dollar
This job actually gave me the space to be creative to develop new processes
Warehouse Administrator (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 9, 2017
This job allowed me to excel fairly quickly as they gave me opportunity to show my creative side. I was able to help develop new processes that allowed us to store and pull records quicker.
Pros
Opportunity for advancement.
Cons
The demand on the job was great but the compensation wasnt good enough.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kelly Services. Our community is ready to answer.