Kelly Services

3.5K reviews

Kelly Services Employee Reviews

Was part of a successful warehouse and logistics team.
Logistics Supervisor (Former Employee), Annandale, VAAugust 28, 2015
Pros: good colleagues
Cons: long hours; no overtime pay
Helped lead a small team of dedicated employees to get the work done in the most efficient manner. Was recognized by manner for good work and going above and beyond on many occasions.

Helped resolve complex customer problems on time - saving the company money and resources.
Administrative Support
Program Associate (Former Employee), Monterey, CAAugust 27, 2015
Long Term Temporary Job Placement. Supportive managers and team members. Skill set and willingness to work with team members was appreciated.
exciting.
temp worker (Former Employee), Boise, IDAugust 26, 2015
Pros: exploring different jobs.
Cons: I might work only a half day and would waite two weeks for pay.
By working at a temp service agency I was able to work at different companies both private and state government. I was able to work for all kinds of people in all kinds of jobs from processing credit card applications to the hotline for any issues that arose at HP.
A temp agency that cared about more than just numbers.
Composite Materials Production Specialist (Former Employee), Ashtabula, OHAugust 26, 2015
Pros: more than just a warm body and a pay check
Cons: being required to wait to be hired on since you start out as a temp worker at your designated job
As a temp worker for kelly services, I was given the opportunity to work at an ever developing and evolving industrial company in the field of composite materials. The work was interesting, but challenging at times, but progress in the company was fast paced.
typical temp service
Machine Operator / Assembly (Former Employee), Grandview, MOAugust 26, 2015
if you want to make quick couple dollars. All they care about is that your there to work and pay you next to nothing. no benifits
Good Company
Temporary Employee (Former Employee), Bakersfield, CAAugust 25, 2015
Pros: Found work fast
Cons: N/A
This is a temp agency so work quality will depend on where one gets assigned to and the quality of work the employee does. This place just helps one to find employment.
Great Job
Nurse Liasion (Current Employee), Troy, MIAugust 25, 2015
Pros: travel expenses
great job got to travel to different states at their expense. loved it. worked with great people very knowledgeable of what they were doing
Enjoyble place to work
Blue Cross Blue Shield - Claims Checker (Former Employee), Cape Girardeau, MOAugust 25, 2015
Pros: Admin
Cons: Lunch
When I started work everyone was very enjoyable to work with.
It was a nice environment. 8 - 10 hours per day. Depending on workload.
entertaining environment
General Laborer (Former Employee), salt lake cityAugust 24, 2015
good work environment, skilled management, hard work but made learning a new skill set interesting. Would recommend them as an employer
a job is a job
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee), evans,gaAugust 24, 2015
i gain a lot of experience working in factory and wouldn't mind going back if a position is available. but i would like more money.
Temp Agency
Quality Control Checker (Former Employee), Clarksville, ARAugust 24, 2015
Pros: Friendly and helpful staff at Hanes
Cons: Rigid point system and no help from Kellys
She placed me at HanesBrand. I didn't mind the job at all and I was getting quite good at it toward the end. The people were very friendly. I was supposed to check product from approximately 65 machines for defects. and if I found defects, I was to check for more defects, log them and report the issue to a "knitter" who could fix the problem. But I was consistently getting followed around by supervisors with stop watches timing how long it took me to check each machine, because I wasn't able to reach 8 rotations a shift. I addition to this, I lived 25 miles away and commuted to work daily. in the winter if the roads were bad, they told us to not come in if we didn't feel safe. But if we did that, we were docked points and if we ran out of allotted points, we were fired. Working for Kelly's we were not given vacation and not allowed to request days off if we did not have the points to cover it. If you were sick, that also came out of your points. So, I'm sure that you can see how quickly this adds up. When I went to the doctor and found out I had an allergic reaction to the oils in the machines, I no longer had points to use to take time off to let the swelling in my hands go down, and I was no longer employed.
Productive workplace within school systems
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee), Rome, GeorgiaAugust 24, 2015
I had a great time working for Kelly services and the school systems, but the probability of working for the school systems were slim due to so many substitutes working for the same area.
A good employment placement service.
Production Associate (Former Employee), Terre Haute, INAugust 24, 2015
Pros: Friendly staff
Cons: cost of healthcare
Fairly easy to get registered with them. The office staff is very friendly and helpful. It is my opinion is that they don't research the companies more in depth.
Kelly IT Services
IT Product Tester, Computer System Assembler (Former Employee), Folsom, CAAugust 23, 2015
This company offered great employment opportunities and benefits. They were great at working with people and their work schedules/personal related issues as well.
Good starting out job, not good overall
Case Packer (Former Employee), Carthage, NYAugust 23, 2015
Good starting out job, long hours not worth it. I worked so many hours yet I got less on my paycheck. Typical factory environment
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLAugust 23, 2015
Productive, case load is pretty intense, kid to teacher ratio is very high. Full time might have been better, but just subbing from time to time did not give me a chance to get to know the students
Growing company, different lunch rooms.
Kelly Services Temp (Former Employee), Georgetown, KYAugust 23, 2015
Pros: company trips, automatic benefit
Cons: No Child Care offered, shift times.
Rules were easy to remember, all about safety. Wonderful management that cared and pushed you to do your best not only for the company but for you as a person. My co-workers were very supportive and always ready to give advice on how to better myself. The hardest part of the job was the hours on second shift being away from my family and not having a place at work to have my children watched after being a Temporary. And the most enjoyable part of the job was toward being apart of a great company.
Productive and fun in a fast paced environment.
Auditor (Current Employee), C&S Wholesale Grocers North East, Md.August 22, 2015
Pros: Able to work independently or as a team.
Cons: No benefits
Nice company to work for. As an Auditor, I have learned to have more patience and diligence. Also, i have learned to become more detailed oriented.
Good Temporry or Starter Jobs
Electronics Technician (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLAugust 22, 2015
Pros: Can be a variation in Assisgnments, for wider possibilities
Cons: Pay on the Low Side for Company Profit, Job future uncertain
Get a pass down from others on the Job or Note(s) from night before.
Meet with maintenance supervisor if still on the production floor.
Go out on the production floor, clean up and lubricate cutter knives
for second shift. Co-workers generally helpful.
Check Silver Recovery and prep (check PH of Fluid) for a new batch.
Perform Corrective Maintenance as assigned alone or as a team.
Communicate with management as required.
Stage materials for the next day.

Leave pass down notes or needs for the next day or shift.

When the company was to be sold I was laid off which is understandable. Workers on the production cutting floor
complained and I was hired back by Qualex.
working with a temporary service
specialist (Current Employee), AuroraAugust 21, 2015
I received an assignment that they quoted at a certain rate and found out on payday that the pay was not the same due to a government amount being put in an "escrow" account. So I was making less and driving further. Not only that but the job they put me in a position of a hostile environment. The manager's sister worked there and was very unprofessional and hostile to the "temp"
Industry