Kelly Services Employee Reviews

Found 6,358 reviews matching the search
I work with a wonderful company, always staying busy and working my way to the top
Human Resources Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNSeptember 20, 2016
I love Amazon and Kelly Services. It took about 3 weeks for them to find me this job and I love it! I coordinate all the direct hire orientations, which is every Wednesday for about 8 hours. I meet new people and personalities every day. I scan documents on our OnBase program. I help with all the hires, even seasonal positions. Set up interviews and schedule them. I deal with job abandonment and attendance hotline also.
Great position to get your foot in the door in HR
ACCOUNT TALENT RECRUITER (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MO 64108September 9, 2016
fast-paced position that you'll either sink or swim in - great job if you're new to HR and want to learn the basic principals of HR. The company is good but there's always too much work and not enough people to do it. They run their offices lean so you end up working a lot from home just to get ready for next day. The life/work balance is not there
Pros
foot in the door to the HR world
Cons
healthcare benefits not good - work/life balance is not there
Productive and fun work place in a friendly environment!
NRA shopping assistant and Air National Guard call (Current Employee) –  Lynchburg, VASeptember 2, 2016
A typical day is business casual wonderful customer service and communication skills. Working here makes you think on you feet allowing you to be able to conquer all obstacles. The management is great and they believe in getting the work done.The co-workers are very nice and friendly they believe in working in a place where you can relax and be yourself at a professional level.I love working in the call center because I am a peoples person and with that kind of mindset any one can do just about anything.
Pros
30min lunches and two 15min breaks
Cons
the jobs arent always something close by.
Professional Contractor
Professional Contract HR and Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Denver, CO and Charlotte. NCSeptember 15, 2016
This is a staffing agency that places its employees at the sites where clients (Companies) are needing assistance.
I have been provided the opportunity to not only get to work at some of the best companies, but also been privileged to cross train and learn many skills and work with countless people!
I am very much a people person so it is not hard for me to work with others. The part that I have most enjoyed is the cross training and experience I have gained from working as a contractor. I may not have been able to pick up as many skills and have the same experience with such diversity as I have if I had I not been recruited as a contractor.
Very productive workplace.
Educator (Former Employee) –  Port Arthur, TXAugust 22, 2016
On my assignment at a middle school, students come in eager to learn and ready to be taught something different everyday. Being I was out in the gym, the students had to learn time management between class periods but they managed to make it work after approximately 3 weeks and it lasted until the end of the school year. Most co-workers were upstanding about the unfortunate distance from the main building but a few were not.
The hardest part of the job was not being able to get everyone 100% engaged. The students who just were not extraverts would not let me break that shell but still maintained a lever of respect.
Pros
Working with Children
Cons
Short breaks
Very poor work enviroment
Call Center Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Granbury, TXAugust 19, 2016
Was hired with company knowing I would be having a newborn baby and was told they would work with me when it came time. The day he was born I was terminated from the company. They do not work well with employees and the 3 months I was with the company I went through 4 different managers cause they couldn't keep a manager for our group. Our group started with over 30 employees and by the time I had left we were down to 9 employees. All due to them not working with employees and people having family emergencies that they wouldn't work with.
Pros
Work from home
Temp Agency found placement when available
Seminar Coordinator/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VAAugust 20, 2016
The is good Temp Agency if you are looking for a permanent job and have not got that call or you are a stay at home mom and cannot work everyday. Kelly Services was good finding jobs in you area not a lot of clerical available. Staff was very helpful and tired their best to make sure you got paid weekly. The management could be better in the payroll department.
Pros
Temporary
Cons
Did not always pay on time
Good place to find a part time job
Order picker, forklift operator (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLAugust 18, 2016
I was contracted to a warehouse position at a vision care company.I learned soon that there were more contractors than full time employees,so most of the work was done by contractors.Most of the employees were easy to get along with,and the job itself was easy,but their were a handful of people who only caused trouble for others.
Pros
easy job, lots of downtime
Cons
parking, management was hyper sensitive
Great opportunities!
Temporary Accounts Payable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Kent, WAAugust 5, 2016
I so far have only had one assignment through Kelly Services. There was always something different from day to day. Learned more about MS Excel and how to create and work with pivot tables. Management/co-workers were helpful. The hardest part of the job was learning how to process the concrete invoices and when I found out that the job was ending. The girl that trained me there has become somewhat of a friend.
Pros
Pay was great
Cons
Not alot of opportunities!
Awesome, Easy Accomodating
Temporary Employee (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKSeptember 20, 2016
A day at work could change at any minute. I learned multiple things varying from Undercover work to working for the state of Alaska. Management always worked with me and made life easy. My co-workers were very open and welcoming. Hardest part was not knowing if I would be working with the same people or different. Most enjoyable was the change of pace constantly.
Pros
Worked when I wanted, No strings
Cons
No structure
I did meet some really fun people!
Loss Mitigation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCAugust 25, 2016
I was under an 18 month contract and I had to work every day of that! I really did not think I would have to as I feel my professionalism spoke for itself. A company will know if they want to hire you on within 3-6 months I feel. I only spoke with my assigned person a few times to deal with any payroll questions I had but other than that I mainly dealt with the company I was placed at.
Cons
no paid holidays
Productive Staffing Agency
Hedis Abstractor (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAJuly 28, 2016
Nice and productive staffing agency. Always was available to take my calls and handle my concerns

I worked with the HEDIS Project conducted by HealthNet insurance.

The supervising staff were helpful with any questions I had concerning the project.

The hardest part was calling the patients and asking them questions on when they had the tests in question.

The easiest part of the job was abstracting the information from the charts
Short term clerical positions at various companies
Temporary Clerical (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 25, 2016
It was fun to meet new people and to work at different locations but it has it's down side too. You don't get to people because the job might be for a day or two weeks and then cut short. Every day was a challenge since you don't know who you are to report to and the job sometimes was boring. Companies have to be careful on who to allow on their computer systems. And if they have had bad experiences from previous temporary employees all you can do is answer the phone.
Pros
worked close to home
Cons
couldn't get to know employees due to length of assignments
When working withspecial needs students
Clerk (Current Employee) –  Sherman Oaks, CAJuly 23, 2016
Paying attention to students needs, and interest.

They might bite or wipe their boogers on your shirt. Just let them know that that is not acceptable, and what they should do instead. If they need to calm down, give them some time, and have them return to you.

When outdoors, they always like the chance of competing with a teacher, or teacher assistant. However, if someone is doing what they school not be doing, they school be ask to step away from the activity and then ask to return, when they are ready.
Pros
Free Lunches, the students calling me, "teacher".
Cons
few breaks
Good resource for job hunting
Contract / Claims Data Analyst (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 22, 2016
Kelly Services is a good place to go through to find a job however I would suggest looking for a straight to permanent employment through them. It's a little stressful knowing you could be removed from that contract at any moment. However, they are good about providing benefits like some vacation time as well as insurance coverage.
Pros
Good resource for job hunting
Cons
Cotract jobs don't give the benefits of permanant work
travel easy
DATA ENTRY CLERKII / Various Positions held (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FL / atlanta, gaJuly 21, 2016
Planning and organizing information collection and management , problem solving, attention to detail, decision making skills, communication skills, confidentiality, ability to work under pressure, prepare compile and sort documents for data entry, check source documents for accuracy , update data and delete unnecessary files, transcribe information into required electronic format. check completed work for accuracy, maintain log books or records of activities and tasks and comply with data intergrity and security supplies.
Pros
upward mobility
Cons
hard to be placed permentaly
I enjoy knowing what I do saves lives. The ambiance in the workplace is also enjoyable.
Production Associate-Contractor (Current Employee) –  Round Lake, ILAugust 4, 2016
I have been working at Baxalta/Baxter for over 5 months now and shown my potential to advance but the management team has recognized and overlooked at the same time. I truly feel my talents have not been utilized and would like to advance my career elsewhere, somewhere I can grow within the company.
Pros
Hours
Cons
Mandatory Saturdays
Kelly Services is an excellent company to work for.
Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Troy, MIJuly 16, 2016
Working for Kelly Services was an excellent experience. Management treated everyone respectfully and gave me the tools and guidance to move up in my career.

I learned how to provide customers with outstanding service and to creatively manage problem resolution.

In addition, I learned how to develop processes and process improvements.

As a Manager, I was able to mentor my Team in an effort to assist them in moving into higher level positions.

The most enjoyable part of the job was delivering a high level of customer service.
Too Demanding
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYJuly 13, 2016
Through Kelly Services I was tempt to hire for Maximus (New York state of Health). At this employer I didn't enjoy being on the phone all day. Dealing with different customer scenario's daily made it hard for me to enjoy my job. Coworkers were really all about themselves and weren't really work friendly. Management was horrible due to supervisors having to answer, and take issues to different head managers for any results. The hardest part of the job was trying to meet the company's high expectations. Nothing was enjoyable for me at this employer.
The phone support position was great, and the schedules were very flexible
Technical Support Advisor (Full-time) (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCAugust 4, 2016
I would still be with this company if they did not lie about the expectations related to the chat position. Phone support was great, for you are dealing with 1 customer at a time.

During training for the chat position, we were told we would not have more than a 2 chat concurrency. They used this lie to get phone Advisor's to transfer to the chat position. Only after training were we told that we would have to take 3 chats at a time.

They did not allow any Advisor's to go back to phone support, despite the misrepresentation of that position.
Pros
Decent pay and flexible scheduling. The phone support position was great!
Cons
Management is not trust worthy. They will lie to get Advisor's into certain positions.