Kelly Services Employee Reviews

Found 6,351 reviews matching the search
Data entry jobs seem to be the highlight of my experience.
Data entry and Property Management Assistant (Current Employee) –  Downtown Buffalo, NY for both positionsMarch 24, 2016
A typical day would be come in to work, turn the computer on and get to it. Nothing too special.

I actually haven't learned too much, as it has all been data entry regarding construction work that I have a well formed set of knowledge in and speaking over the phone. Both I am proficient in performing.

My managers were all fair and some even fun to talk with about work. The breaks are laid out plainly and there was never a bad word said about anyone in the offices, even when other co-workers showed up late or not at all.

The hardest part of my job was a co-worker that wanted to follow my every step and act as my guide when I was already provided information on how to do things correctly by my manager.

The most enjoyable part of the job was actually the management at the offices. they know what they need, and you provide it. The praise received is always worth it when they tell you "That was done well". or "This is the best report I have ever seen", Instant gratification is always nice.
Pros
Home-life balance was par.
Cons
Not many to speak of.
At home agent; Apple project
Technical Support Representative (Former Employee) –  at homeMarch 7, 2016
The pay is ok, and its easy to get hired. Job security doesn't come with the job. They downsized a few times over the 9 months I was employed. Employees received little notice. I was let go due to technical issues with my residential internet and landline. They in no way work with you regarding outside issues that you cannot control. I was booted from the project and denied Unemployment since it counted as days missed. Even with a letter from the cable company explaining my service issues didn't help me.
Pros
pay, relaxed management, working from home
Cons
no job security, no flexibility with schedules
Variety of schedule and places to work
Various Secretarial (Former Employee) –  Blue Springs, MOApril 5, 2016
Having multiple secretarial skills, payroll, receptionist, data entry, filing, mass mailing, copying of materials and putting them in presentation form. They gave me an advantage to work long term assignments and get a check out other companies. Most management I worked for were great, but a few wanted more than what they had hired me for during that day or few days. Most my assignments were from 2 weeks to 6 months or even extended.
Pros
variety of place and people I met
Cons
pay and no benefits
Temporary Assignments with various companies
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAFebruary 10, 2016
Afforded the opportunity to work in many different office environments. The learning experience from each assignment landed to my being able to be proficient in the jobs that followed. The management team in New Orleans was thorough and kept me as busy as I chose to be. The hardest part of being a contract worker was not knowing the environment in which I would be working and how the overall makeup of the team would be. The most enjoyable part of the job is that I met many different, interesting people.
Pros
Learning different office environments
Cons
No benefits
Difficult job
Feeder (Former Employee) –  Newton, NCApril 4, 2016
Kelly Services is a temporary company that hires you to work at Target Distribution Center. When they first took over I was working for Manpower, but the switch was a little rocky. At first Kelly raised everyone's pay by $1, but now it has been cut by $2.50, making it lower than when Manpower ran it. The work is not worth the pay and the environment is very strict; no visitors, no leaving the building until the end of the shift, no window access.
Pros
Education
Cons
Pay
Service Manager was a total mismatch for the position
Shop Technician (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 3, 2016
I can only speak for the location where I worked; definitely a 'buddy system' in place. The manager was more concerned about hanging out than actually getting any work done. Absolutely no work culture. The two people I worked with expected a pay check just for showing up. Very little actual work got done.
Pros
Great pay and schedule
Cons
Management, culture, outlook, treatment, job stability
Great fast paced company with a lot of over time hours. Unpredictable work schedule, no room for growth.
Assembly Line Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLFebruary 11, 2016
I enjoyed working at a fast pace and pushing each other to reach the goal as a team. The hours were good, plus over time, so the pay compensation was great. You could not make plans for Saturday, though, because we almost always had to work, and you never knew when they were going to switch the work schedule.I didn't see much of an opportunity for advancement with this company.
Pros
Hours/overtime: fast paced environment.
Cons
Unpredictable work schedule: not much room to advance.
Great place to Work
District Manager (Former Employee) –  Harlingen, TXFebruary 8, 2016
Culture and management is great. Kelly Services is a great place to work for someone starting their career in HR. They is a Global staffing agency that you can relocate within if needed.
Cons
Wasn't a very fun place to work.
ASSEMBLY WORKER (Former Employee) –  MississippiFebruary 20, 2016
My typical day of work here was okay. There was hard work, standing for 10 hours a day, and rude co-workers.

Management was pretty good. The manager always made sure to handle the business as professional as possible.

The job was not hard at all.
Pros
It was good for someone who needed to build work experience
Cons
Work long hours of the day with only two 10 minutes break, and only one 30 minute lunch breaks, That required in shorter-periods to rest up and recollect yourself
Good Place to Start
Help Desk Technician - DeCA CARTS (Current Employee) –  IBM, Boulder FacilityApril 4, 2016
Since Kelly Services is a contractor, the job I do for them is not relevant to their company. I will say that they have treated me well during the time I've been working with them and have made dealing with the managers at my work site a lot easier.
Pros
Reliable Management, Job Security, Affordable Healthcare
Cons
No Vacation Time, Little Room for Advancement
Producticve
Sr Funder/Compliance Analyst (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJanuary 6, 2016
This work requires excellent attention and focusing skills. Regulatory restrictions can be complex and detailed. A good compliance analyst must be familiar with the laws, aware of planned changes and able to identify anything that might fall on the wrong side of the law, even if it appears nebulous or subtle. Experience is critical, and an analyst who has substantial industry experience and connections might be more employable and better able to negotiate pay and benefits. People who are already working in an industry but have an interest in changing careers to compliance analysis might want to consider going back to school for certification.
Pros
Overtime
Cons
No health insurance
Did not have a good experience working for them at all
HAP Agent (Former Employee) –  St. Cloud, MNMarch 9, 2016
It was good experience to learn the in's and out's of being a HAP agent, however would have preferred to have started to work with a different Temp Agent company. The management of Kelly services as well as the pay department were very disorganized; was with the temp company for only about 8 weeks and received my paycheck late every single time and if not lost on some pay weeks. When I returned all the equipment, was told it was all there and about a month later received a phone call looking for a missing important part for Bluestem....over all a horrible experience
Pros
experince gained in being a HAP agent
Prefer to not work for a Contracting Company
Review Coordinator III (Contractor) (Former Employee) –  Minnetonka, MNMarch 28, 2016
I enjoyed the staff at Kelly Services. When I applied for a position I did not realize it was a contractor position. I do not personally like contracting positions because there is no benefits through the company and a long wait for benefits through the actual contracting company. The insurance they offered for myself only was over $250 per month. That is not reasonable. Sometimes there were times of miscommunication through the manager of the business I worked at and the contracting company and myself. That was frustrating. I also didn't like how the job can just end with no explanation. All in all, if you are looking for a contracting position Kelly Services is a great place to go. Contract work is just not for me.
Pros
Good pay, nice staff
Cons
health insurance cost, no pto/vacation/paid holidays
Nice place to work. No stress level there.
Laser Operator (Former Employee) –  Lynchburg, VAMarch 29, 2016
.A typical day at work wasn't bad. Just show up on time and do what your suppose to do. .I've learned how to Auto form by reading there blue prints and how to measure certain areas of the product by using a Caliper. And then I learned how to use there Laser machine by reading there directives on how various types of steel sheets needed to be cut. .Management was alright, they didn't make it hard for the Employees. . Co-workers where pretty cool. They made you feel comfortable and also helped you out when you needed help. . There was really no hard part of the job. It's your wiliness to learn. .My most enjoyable part of the job was that I had a job. And also it was a nice place to work. And if I can, I will go back there.
Pros
N/A
Cons
N/A
don't care about employees
Information systems (Current Employee) –  Midland, MIFebruary 15, 2016
Only work if you have no choice. Benefits and health insurance is horrible and very expensive. Very little available training then its training put together by other kelly employees not true marketable training. No career paths for most jobs unless you work for Kelly services but if your contracted to another company that is your job till you leave or they terminate your contract.
Kelly Services / Apple (work @ home project)
Senior advisor (Former Employee) –  Troy, MIDecember 1, 2015
I worked on the work @ home / apple project for just over 2 years while I was attending college. The positives are the recognition from your peers and/or management, "online" social events, and a fairly consistent schedule each week.

The cons are working holidays, nights and weekends (which is common for help desk work, not uncommon in the industry). Because the salary is so low and the hours demanded there is no way you could work a second job or support yourself on what you make there. If you can work part time (a few of my team did) or you just need a little extra cash, then this might work for you. If you are expecting to be paid $15+ per hour, then this will not be the job for you despite education and/or experience.
Pros
consistent schedule, weekly paychecks, mostly flexible schedule
Cons
low pay, lack of benefits, working christmas day
a diverse workplace, with lots of people to get to know
order picker, Sequencer (Current Employee) –  Champaign, ILJanuary 14, 2016
repetitive work, I have learned how to drive a forklift and an order picker, overall the management is ok. I like 99% of my co-workers it is a good workplace, the hardest part is being repetitive everyday, the most enjoyable part of this job is my co-workers, I like being able to talk to so many people it really makes the work day more productive and go by faster when you like who you work with.
Pros
some incentives, secure job.
Cons
No benefits, low pay, hard to advance
Good solid place to work
Computer Operator II (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIMarch 23, 2016
Good, solid place to work. Have been employed for almost 4 years. Benefits are good. Co-workers are pleasant.

Flexible schedules. Management listens to employees.

Seems difficult to change jobs within the company.
Pros
flexible
Cons
Hard to move within company
Good company
Account Talent Manager (Current Employee) –  St. Joseph, MOFebruary 5, 2016
They are very flexible and a good solid company to work for. Local management is very involved and teamwork in the branch is amazing.
Pros
Cons
Advancement
While working at mayo clinic at valley high drive (that building was Celestica building before mayo bought it )
Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Rochester, MNMarch 12, 2016
I always reached my job place in time and took any instructions from previous worker and it was fun to work there as I learnt my job work, during my training period in a better way. I liked my job and my co-workers and me had a very good working relationship and we always respected each other work ways and even learnt each other work and some days, we had to work on other persons work and I was happy to do the different work, from daily routine work. I always took more work as a challenge to complete in time. Some times our scanner had to be fixed, but I was rare thing to do and still we always completed our work load in less time. Management was very good to us. Keeping all the things in the end of the day work, at its best fixed places, before going to home, was most enjoyable part of the daily work.