Kelly Services Employee Reviews in United States

Found 6,278 reviews matching the search
Worked at Micron through Kelly Services
Operator 1 (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDJanuary 18, 2016
Once employed with Micron, there was no contact with Kelly Services, worked mainly with Micron. Fast paced working environment. Amazing people to work with. Hardest part of the job was not having any job security. The greatest thing about working with them was meeting new people and getting to know different cultures.
Pros
Some online discounts
Cons
Expensive healthcare that doesn't cover much of anything.
Productive and Challenging
Staffing Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Auburn, NYFebruary 2, 2016
Working as a Staffing Supervisor for Kelly Services was very challenging. Finding the right fit for potential employee and employer could be difficult at times. Researching and interviewing for the right candidate was always interesting and fun. I learned about people and I also learned a lot about the companies we provided candidates for. Kelly Services is a wonderful place to work and management always took interest in their employees. Always willing to listen and help when needed. I worked in a local office and my co-workers and I had a great relationship and always jumped when and where needed. The hardest part of the job for me, was having to turn people away when we couldn't match them to an opening that was available. On the other hand, finding the right match and having that person be hired on was a great reward.
productive fun
Bilingual Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZ 85284March 14, 2016
I had a good experience working for this staffing company, the pay rate was also fair, good communication with management
Pros
good management
Cons
no benefits while being a temp worker
Downhill over a decade
Senior Staffing Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Annapolis, MD; Columbia, MD; Georgetown, KY;January 30, 2016
I started at Kelly Services as a recruiter in the Baltimore area. Our team had the backing of our local management and was giving significant leeway in managing our accounts. Upon transferring to the Lexington KY area my team came under the leadership of a separate corporate group that went through 4 managers in 18 months, several redesigns and subsequent tear-downs of recruiting strategies for a large automotive manufacturer that was a highly profitable account before corporate intervention. My own office saw no less than 3 managers in that same 18 month period. The last manager was allowed to fill open vacancies with friends and family, regardless of their qualifications for the positions. All of this led to a fractured, stressed environment and ultimately my tenure there was ended after I candidly expressed my concerns to the corporate HR department.
Fulfilling
Clerk (Former Employee) –  Auburn, NYFebruary 2, 2016
After being laid off due to lack of work, Kelly Services set me up with the Department of Social Services HEAP Unit and Employment Unit. In the HEAP department, I received applications, reviewed them to make sure all was completed and proper documentation received. After doing this, I processed application. On occasion I would have to make sure funds were applied to correct account to avoid shutoff. In the Employment Unit, I was responsible for contacting clients to make sure they were following through with medical needs and if I could be of some assistance. My co-workers were wonderful and made learning easy. Management was great and allowed me to work independently but were also available if needed. The hardest part of the job was trying to get clients to follow through. The most enjoyable part of the job was helping someone.
Pros
Wonderful Co-workers
Cons
Being part-time/Seasonal
Great hours and safe environment.
Assembler/Packer (Former Employee) –  Champaign, ILFebruary 24, 2016
My day will start off great, I'm very punctual always on time. I loved my hours. My co-workers were great, nothing better than to work with a group of people that like to get the work done. I learned to work quickly in the assembly line, O-ring installation and Pre-box Sequencer. My supervisors were very knowledgeable and helpful in the time of need. The hardest part of my job was when I had to deal with heavy objects that were greasy, which made it harder to work with. Overall I enjoyed working for Kelly Services the job kept me on my feet.
Pros
Great hours
Cons
No benefits provided
Productive and nice place to work
New Group Business Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 18, 2016
Very helpful people at. Nice management very open to suggestions on how to better the business and help people become suscessful
Pros
Compensation
Cons
Stability
Quick to find work for people.
Factory Worker (Former Employee) –  Dunkirk, NYDecember 14, 2015
Allowed for various work types and locations. Learned to be flexible, and to do a variety of things. Never had an issue with anyone in management. Very nice folks. Co-workers, generally decent. Hardest part was knowing that it was just temporary, and that each assignment paid a different wage. The most enjoyable part was being employed.
Pros
Flexibility to change assignments without causing hurt feelings.
Cons
Temporary and not many benefits.
Temporary employement
Processing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INMarch 8, 2016
Contracted to Lincoln Financial Advisors, a typical day at work is busy. I work between 5 different operating systems, the main one being workflow based. I manage a departments email in Microsoft Outlook where reps in the field send in work items, I determine if work is ready to be processed or if further action is needed before starting the process.

The co-workers are very friendly and helpful, and so is management. I've learned many office related new skills in the 10 months that I have worked here.
Pros
overtime always available
Cons
short breaks
Substitute Teacher
Substitute Teacher K-12 (Current Employee) –  Marietta, GAApril 4, 2016
This is a job that is what it is. You get paid to work and there is plenty of it-most of the time. I average 4-5 days a week. Although make sure you plan for down time during school holidays.

Management's focus is to interact with the schools to get more schools using Kelly Services. They do not interact with you once you're on board since you are a contractor.
Pros
Freedom of schedule
Cons
Pay is pretty low. 75-100 a day.
Great company to work for.
Talent Solution Manager (Former Employee) –  Miami Lakes, FLFebruary 11, 2016
Typical day is dealing with my customers, and employees. Meetings, counseling, and guiding employees.

I have learned that communication is the best tool when dealing with your customers, and keeping an open door policy.

Management was always there when I needed guidance and help with day to day issues.

Hardest part of my day would be if I did not accomplish all my "TO DO's"
Most enjoyable part of my day was helping and finding solutions to my customers needs.
Challenging Administrative Duties With the Opportunity for Community Service
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LAFebruary 5, 2016
I performed various general and advanced office duties on an administrative and executive level. Credentialing of New Residents and Faculty. My Other Duties Included Typing of General and Specialized Documents and Reports; Data Base Management; Coordinating and Scheduling Calendars; Maintaining Inventory of Office Supplies and Preparing Requisitions for the Purchase of Supplies and Equipment. Payroll; Typing of General and Specialized Documents and Reports; Data Base Management; Coordinating and Scheduling Meetings; Dictation and Transcription of Meeting Minutes; Maintaining Inventory of Office Supplies and Preparing Requisitions for the Purchase of Supplies and Equipment; Preparing Travel Arrangements, Authorizations and Expense Reports. I also Developed and Maintained a Confidential Client DataBase According to Federal Guidelines.
overwork ,too little ,working in a sweat shop
producction slave (Former Employee) –  Midland, MIJanuary 31, 2016
not somewhere i would work too long . overwork,too little pay. very unappreciated sacrifices. work long hours and not enough notice on most . abusive management. no kind of maners towards employees,
Pros
no advantages
Cons
worst job i ever held
Worked as a contractor assigned to Angus Dow Chemicals in Sterlington LA
Office Professional / Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sterlington, LAMarch 1, 2016
I loved this job!

Assisted management with projects.
Organized area.

Learned new system and implemented the library project into that system. Organized the library.
Library is where they had to document everything since it is a chemical plant. Had to make sure that everyone who came into the plant was certified thru OSHA.
In charge of the security badges.

Mainly helped organize a lot of their areas.
Pros
Found me a job at ANGUS Dow Chemicals.
Cons
Not enough vacation time off.
Toxic work environment
Operations Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Bethesda, MDNovember 23, 2015
While a typical day at work was basic, Kelly services does not support its employees. The work environment is unstable without any job security. Management sides with the customer and not the contractor. Any allegations against a contractor is taken as fact, even if false. Contractors are treated like second class citizens, who can lose their jobs at a moment's notice. Kelly does not offer any recourse for coworker harassment/ targeting or uncomfortable work environments.
Interesting Place to Work
Client Services Associate (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAFebruary 22, 2016
I really enjoyed working there. I learned many new skills and brushed up on ones I already had. I became more efficient with Excel and I learned how to generate quotes. My co-workers were great team-players who were always available to assist each other. I really enjoyed working at Anthem. The work environment was very calm, yet friendly, allowing me to concentrate on my work and get the job done without any problems. The hardest part was saying Good Bye when my temporary assignment ended.
Pros
Great room for advancement and growth
The phone support position was great, and the schedules were very flexible
Technical Support Advisor (Full-time) (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCAugust 4, 2016
I would still be with this company if they did not lie about the expectations related to the chat position. Phone support was great, for you are dealing with 1 customer at a time.

During training for the chat position, we were told we would not have more than a 2 chat concurrency. They used this lie to get phone Advisor's to transfer to the chat position. Only after training were we told that we would have to take 3 chats at a time.

They did not allow any Advisor's to go back to phone support, despite the misrepresentation of that position.
Pros
Decent pay and flexible scheduling. The phone support position was great!
Cons
Management is not trust worthy. They will lie to get Advisor's into certain positions.
Great Staffing Agency
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Roanoke, VAMarch 20, 2016
This is the first staffing agency that I worked for when I moved to Roanoke in 2003. I registered and took the required testing. Two weeks after arriving, I was working. I worked for them almost 2 years until I got a permanent job.

The pay was between $10 - $14 per hour depending on the assignment.
Pros
Experience received from working at a variety of places
Cons
No Benefits
Temp Agency
Title Verification Specialist (Former Employee) –  Duluth, GAJuly 15, 2016
Kelly Services is a temp agency. During the interview process, they claim to have the employee's back and will do anything to help you find a job, keep a job, find a better job. After being placed at the client's office not the case. Very difficult to get a call or email back, don't even think about a raise. If looking for another position they will not help you. If you have any personal issues with the client you are working for, oh well or lose your job. Once the assignment is over, they claim they are there to place you in a different position with other clients, not so. I cant even get a courtesy email back
Pros
the company i was placed with was well known.
Cons
Never available for concerns, the insurance offered is a joke and the hours requirement are next to impossible to obtain
Truly was an amazing place to work.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 20, 2016
Was truly an amazing place with an exceptional work environment going to work while it may have been hard on some days but never without any fun. Management was excellent and very easy to talk to and was always there to help motivate you. Co-workers were nice and made the work life a really great place. The most enjoyable part of being an employee was being part of the engagement team which meant I was able to help motivate my co-workers as well so they didn't get too tired.
Pros
We had games that enabled up to win prizes, we'd also win rewards anytime we accomplished something, whether it be perfect attendance or always staying in the 90% on the metrics.
Cons
There wasn't any room for growth, no pay raises while you moved up positions.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kelly Services. Our community is ready to answer.