Kelly Services Employee Reviews

Found 6,370 reviews matching the search
Fun and Upbeat Company
Clerical Support (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCNovember 9, 2015
You could be working anywhere
How to work in an office setting and all of the necessary equipment
Wonderful
Always helpful and upbeat
The hardest part was leaving the friends I made when the assignment was finished
Meeting new people and learning new skill was the most enjoyable part of the job.
Pros
Paid weekly, Chances to learn new skills
Cons
No Benefits and leaving jobs that I enjoyed
Great place to Work
District Manager (Former Employee) –  Harlingen, TXFebruary 8, 2016
Culture and management is great. Kelly Services is a great place to work for someone starting their career in HR. They is a Global staffing agency that you can relocate within if needed.
Cons
Team Leads and Management along with my fellow employees were all fantastic..
Customer Director Eligbility Advisor (Former Employee) –  Troy, MIJune 29, 2016
Extensive coaching and up-learning going on all the time with TL's. I learned a lot about how to ask probing questions and how to identify the type of personality the customer's have and how to amaze and delight and WOW my customer's on every call The co-workers were some of the best I've ever worked with. TL and Management went out of their way to make sure you had it down and were reaching your metrics every week . It was a great job with the best people at every level.
Pros
Apple Products and other prizes based on reliabilty and metrics
Cons
Unfortunitly the client decided to end the CDEA potions with Kelly and it took us all by suprise.
Work at home Advisor
Technical Support Advisor (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 28, 2016
working with Kelly had its advantages and disadvantages. On the whole, it was convenient and user friendly working with Kelly. I received a "new" mac and the whole set up. The only thing I did not appreciate with kelly is the multiple layers of supervision and the fact that you can never get a clear answer or resolution for virtually anything. Everyone is micromanaging and it can get quite irritating, especially when issues arise that effect your productivity or customer satisfaction which can effect your cash flow.

After working for Kelly for over a year, I found another position with a brick and mortar company and decided to let Kelly go, don't you know they told me I could not be rehired by the Kelly/ Apple work form home project because I quit and Im thinking "did you want me to work for a temporary agency the rest of my life? I'm not supposed to pursue other business ventures?
Pros
working from home
Cons
micromanagement
The company i worked for is doing wonderful things in our community!!
Data Entry in Microsoft Excel for billing (Former Employee) –  Portsmouth, ohioJune 22, 2016
It just so happens the job placement they sent me to was a place that I have a lot of respect for. They provide wonderful service for our community. My typical day was data entry in excel for Medicaid billing. While working there I learned more how to navigate through excel than what I previously knew. The managers and co-workers all had a positive, supportive attitude with one another. We all worked cohesively together. The most enjoyable part of the job was the fact that we played a part each day in providing a service that is extremely needed in our community.
Pros
Half hour paid lunch. 8-4 work day Mon-Fri. Positive work environment!
Cons
There honestly weren't any.
Daily Task
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fort Mill, South CarolinaAugust 17, 2015
Arrive 15 minutes to prepare my day - put purse, cell phone, lunch, in proper areas.
Turn on all machines that need to operating, computer, printers, check to make sure paper is replenished.
Check emails, telephone messages overnight packages, and messages from interoffice .
Ask if anyone needs anything or if I needed to ask a question concerning a matter of importance from a client or employee.
Talking with clients, data entry, and answering emails or questions from clients and employees was enjoyable.
Learning a new position with a person that knows how to train was very enjoyable.
Did not like being on the phone, unless I had the correct answer for the client.
Pros
overtime, exercise/gym accessible to employees, can move up in pay..
Cons
did not get hired, will be a temporary position, no benefits.
Great Employer
Keying and Underwriter (Former Employee) –  Fargo, NDDecember 23, 2015
Kelly Services works with you to find just the right position for you and your schedule.

Good compensation and willingness to go the extra mile to meet your needs,
Pros
Flexible employment opportunities
The most unprofessional company I've ever worked for
Apple Advisor (Former Employee) –  FloridaJanuary 28, 2016
The lack of training they provide before they throw you to the "wolves" is what I found hard to unbelievable. We had ample time to learn about the actual job we would be doing but instead spent the weeks on basic customer service skills (previous customer service experience was a requirement, lol) When a customer was inquiring about a certain type of Mac, or other device I wasn't familiar with, I was a deer in headlights. How are you going to expect people to sell a product that you didn't train them on? So, I spent my nights after work learning all this specifics of their products and devices. In training, we were told it wasn't a sales position, when in fact there were definitely sales metrics to meet, ridiculous ones at that. The lack of professionalism is another issue I had as well. Every time I spoke with my supervisor, she seemed to be very distracted with her current game of Candy Crush. The reason I left my previous job for this one was because of the opportunity for advancement. I made sure to tell my supervisors of my career goals and advance so they could help me on that track. Well, after almost 6 months of working, being told I was doing a great job and this and that, I wasn't able to log on. An email was sent out saying that there could be a technical issue, and if there was, to attend a Blackboard meeting. I was assuming I had to just change my password or something. Nope! We were pulled into different virtual classrooms about 10 people at a time and fired in groups, lol. Where do they do that at??? No warning, no explanation, no severience pay. We were kicked  more... out of the room and they remotely locked our computers. They let go about 200 people right before the holidays...  less
Pros
They send you all the equipment needed to perform the job, but wont send you the right power cord for computer
Cons
Low pay, no benefits, no management, no morals...
I really enjoy teaching children and working with other teachers.
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  Provo, UTJuly 20, 2016
I enjoy working with children, however, at times it is difficult dealing with their behaviors.. I love to teach them the curriculum.
I enjoy working and learning from other teachers.

A typical day is getting to know the children and the other teachers and teaching them what is prepared for me by the absent Teacher.

I learn a lot about behaviors, and how to deal with them. I learn teaching skills, what works, what doesn't.

Management at Kelly Services are great. Whenever I need something they are there to answer any questions I have, and help in whatever possible way needed.

The hardest part of the job is dealing with difficult behaviors in children.

The most enjoyable part is connecting with the students. It is wonderful to see a child who doesn't understand a concept, all of the sudden, get it. They become excited to learn more. I it very enjoyable to see.
Pros
Fulfilling to teach and help children understand different subjects.
Cons
Dealing with difficult behaviors in children.
Nice place to work. No stress level there.
Laser Operator (Former Employee) –  Lynchburg, VAMarch 29, 2016
.A typical day at work wasn't bad. Just show up on time and do what your suppose to do. .I've learned how to Auto form by reading there blue prints and how to measure certain areas of the product by using a Caliper. And then I learned how to use there Laser machine by reading there directives on how various types of steel sheets needed to be cut. .Management was alright, they didn't make it hard for the Employees. . Co-workers where pretty cool. They made you feel comfortable and also helped you out when you needed help. . There was really no hard part of the job. It's your wiliness to learn. .My most enjoyable part of the job was that I had a job. And also it was a nice place to work. And if I can, I will go back there.
Pros
N/A
Cons
N/A
travel easy
DATA ENTRY CLERKII / Various Positions held (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FL / atlanta, gaJuly 21, 2016
Planning and organizing information collection and management , problem solving, attention to detail, decision making skills, communication skills, confidentiality, ability to work under pressure, prepare compile and sort documents for data entry, check source documents for accuracy , update data and delete unnecessary files, transcribe information into required electronic format. check completed work for accuracy, maintain log books or records of activities and tasks and comply with data intergrity and security supplies.
Pros
upward mobility
Cons
hard to be placed permentaly
Very poor work enviroment
Call Center Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Granbury, TXAugust 19, 2016
Was hired with company knowing I would be having a newborn baby and was told they would work with me when it came time. The day he was born I was terminated from the company. They do not work well with employees and the 3 months I was with the company I went through 4 different managers cause they couldn't keep a manager for our group. Our group started with over 30 employees and by the time I had left we were down to 9 employees. All due to them not working with employees and people having family emergencies that they wouldn't work with.
Pros
Work from home
rewarding, meaningful, variety, interesting
Engineer (Former Employee) –  Hillsdale, MIAugust 5, 2015
Explanation of certain ratings above--comp and security. Enjoyed working at the Dow Chemical facility. Since the position was through a temp agency, there was job security--once the project requirements were met the position is eliminated. However, i was the last person to leave this particular project because of my performance. The facility leaders were quite pleased with my work and willingness to accept any task. Due to the nature of temp agencies compensation is not as beneficial as compared to a direct-hire position.
Pros
flexible hours, began at 7 AM
Cons
no particular cons to speak of
Diffiult to get in touch with representative after employed.
Sanitation Worker (Former Employee) –  Pelahatchie, MSJuly 18, 2016
I was not satisfied with a job and was unable to contact my representative, so I found other work on my own. Even though I was in contact with my supervisor at the MS Baking Company, I was let go after missing one day of work simply because my vehicle was not drivable. I let her know on my off day what the problem was, and let her know as soon as I got it fixed. I was told to call my representative before coming back to work, who I could not speak to until the following Monday. Furthermore, causing me to miss not one but two days of work, and thus being fired after doing what I was told to do. Then, at Sanhua the work was set at an extremely slow pace by another worker who had been there awhile. Instead of getting as much work done as possible, he would rather do as little as possible to drag along the day. I was never able to get in touch with my representative, so I found a faster pace of work on my own.
Pros
My representative did find work for me fast.
Cons
He was just not easy to get in touch with. I sent emails, and left voicemails.
Day on the job
Temp Labor (Current Employee) –  Conover, NCMay 25, 2016
The Temp leader tells us where to go, Could be 3 departments repow/feed ,or inbound ,outbound ect If I was sent to repo I would remove frieght from the lines and put them in cages. If I was to feed, I am to remove the freight from cages that were from repo and load them on the lines so the packers can do their job and I would keep feeding them until time to go home we have 30 min lunch and 25 min break inbetween we feed. inbound is where the frieght is uloaded from trucks and put on belts.management is good there always around there called gl's Guide Leaders the peolpe I have worked with they do there job but there are some that just don't care and make it harder on everyone else.if there is team the work is steady, flow and the faster that we get it done and done correctly then we go home .
I worked for different companies almost daily.
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  DeLand, FLNovember 30, 2015
They provide a temporary job service. You were given assignments, some lasted weeks others a day or two. You never got to interact with your co-workers because you were never at one place long enough.
Pros
Short team employment
Cons
No benefits.
awsome people
Customer Director/Tech support (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLNovember 30, 2015
I had a great time working for Kelly Services! the people there were a awesome group of people. Our leaders bent over backwards to help me succeed. The rest of the staff on our project are people I will never forget.
Pros
great work enviroment
Cons
lack of benefits
Did not have a good experience working for them at all
HAP Agent (Former Employee) –  St. Cloud, MNMarch 9, 2016
It was good experience to learn the in's and out's of being a HAP agent, however would have preferred to have started to work with a different Temp Agent company. The management of Kelly services as well as the pay department were very disorganized; was with the temp company for only about 8 weeks and received my paycheck late every single time and if not lost on some pay weeks. When I returned all the equipment, was told it was all there and about a month later received a phone call looking for a missing important part for Bluestem....over all a horrible experience
Pros
experince gained in being a HAP agent
This is your "way in"
Claims Processor (Former Employee) –  Blue Cross Blue ShieldJune 29, 2016
Kelly Services is a fantastic way to get your foot in an otherwise slammed door. I recommend it to everyone. I worked with fabulous people, and learned a lot from them. The hardest part of the job was the realization that it was not really intended to be a permanent job and I could not stay forever (although I would love that). The job environment was the best I have ever seen, let alone worked in. I learned tons of new skills; I got better at math, learned to 10-key, and learned a lot about how the medical/insurance world turns.
Pros
Effective, quick
Cons
Some jobs are not meant to be permanent (even when labeled as such -- not Kelly's fault)
Short term clerical positions at various companies
Temporary Clerical (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 25, 2016
It was fun to meet new people and to work at different locations but it has it's down side too. You don't get to people because the job might be for a day or two weeks and then cut short. Every day was a challenge since you don't know who you are to report to and the job sometimes was boring. Companies have to be careful on who to allow on their computer systems. And if they have had bad experiences from previous temporary employees all you can do is answer the phone.
Pros
worked close to home
Cons
couldn't get to know employees due to length of assignments

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kelly Services. Our community is ready to answer.