Kelly Services Employee Reviews

Found 8,513 reviews matching the search
good job
Team Member (Former Employee) –  georgetown kySeptember 11, 2017
I like working throw them because they helped me get on at Toyota and they made shore that the job was right for me. I worked throw them for a year and got hired on at Toyota full time.
The area I'm currently in is poorly managed and there is no job security
FSS Cash Reporting Analyst (Current Employee) –  Troy, MISeptember 11, 2017
The company is sending jobs to Mexico and laying the current employees off. The morale in the area I'm in is very low since people are constantly wondering when their jobs will be sent down.
Pros
Flexible work hours
Cons
Management by fear
Wasnt to good to be a temp. Treated poorly
Manufacturing Technician (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZSeptember 11, 2017
Work was fast and needed to be on top of your work station.
Management treated you like a second class individual. No respect.
As for the staff, they were wonderful, always will to help you out when you had problems.
fun assignments
Purchasing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Shreveport, LASeptember 11, 2017
a typical work day is always different

I learned a lot because I was working different jobs

the hardest part of the job for me was getting up early
Pros
meeting different people
Cons
can't think of any
Excellent Work Environment
Sr. Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 11, 2017
Management, work / life balance are all top notch. I would recommend anyone considering Kelly Services for full time employment to definitely consider them as an option.
poor management
General Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CASeptember 11, 2017
Got told I was getting hired for a long term, tempt to hire job, ended up getting laid off by the second week saying it was only an assignment contract I was in. i was never told the by the agency
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 11, 2017
I enjoyed working with this company. They were very flexible with my job assignments and helpful if I ever had any concerns or questions on any assignments.
Long Term Temp Position
Permissions Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Dover, NHSeptember 11, 2017
Kelly Services allowed me a position at Measured Progress where I was able to expand my administrative skills. I found that Measured Progress was a good place to work but unfortunately, they would rather use temporary employees than hiring individuals so they can avoid having to pay for employee benefits.
Pros
Long term assignment
Cons
Lacking in benefits for temp workers.
Great agency
Secretary (Former Employee) –  Waterford, MISeptember 11, 2017
A typical day at work will vary depending on job placement, as will management and workplace culture. What I most appreciated about Kelly Services was their helpfulness in placing me in a job that I loved.
Pros
Placement services
Cons
Temporary placement options
Temporary
Production Worker/ Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Troy, MOSeptember 11, 2017
Working for this company is meant to be temporary, so be prepared for a low-level commitment. Being hired on to your assigned customer can be frustrating when you are not getting a solid response with your potential hire date.
Pros
Good for quick employment
Cons
Not a permanent solution for employment
Professional
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 11, 2017
Managers are always willing to answer questions and are always hands on and available. Information is provided along with training. You are paid on time and the time card system is easy to understand and navigate. When you are placed into a company, you are always welcomed like a new employee and not an outsider.
Worst place to work
City Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDSeptember 11, 2017
The Baltimore office has such poor management. Everyone was jealous of one another and always back stabbing. In all my life I had never experienced anything like working there. It was one of the most horrific experiences of my life. The Regional Manager and her underlings were the most vicious people I ever met. It's a shame that that group gives Kelly services such a bad reputation.
Pros
There are no pros - get out while you can
Cons
This place sucks!
Fun Place to work
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Troy, MISeptember 11, 2017
Enjoyed my time there. Opportunities to work with clients in professional, engineering, healthcare, manufacturing, and education arenas. Kelly serves has been in staffing for over fifty years and has perfected the process.
Pros
Some great people.
Cons
Some of the management totally lack skills in effectively leading the staff.
I was a substitute teacher
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee) –  Metairie, LASeptember 10, 2017
Very low pay for an experienced teacher with a Masters Degree. However, temporary work allows for a lot of flexibility in work/life balance. Toward the end of my experience working with them, they started placing restrictions on the type of footwear we could wear, which in itself, was not a problem. What was the problem, is they claimed that the teachers and administrators in the school system were spying on us and would "report" us for violations which was NOT true. It felt like an immature and petty sort of way to approach a dress code issue. There is no need to send "threats" to an employee about violations. Simply state the rule and the consequences and that's it. Then when a violation is reported, respond appropriately. The way they handled it was treating us like children instead of responsible adults.
Pros
Work/life balance
Cons
No benefits or raises ever
Pretty good company to work for
Forklift/Tugger Operator (Former Employee) –  Tupelo, MSSeptember 10, 2017
This is a temp-to-hire company and they pretty laid back, it just all depends on where your job assignment is. They are pretty good with helping their employees and helping them fight for whats right in the event that there is some type of conflict at the job site.
Cons
No pto
Years at Kelly
Vendor Management Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Troy, MISeptember 10, 2017
During that last few years at Kelly I worked remote which provided flexibility for my work/life balance.
A typical day for me was on the phones with managers as a liasion with potential employees.
Substitute Teaching
Substitute Teacher PK-12 (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOSeptember 9, 2017
Its a good temp job. It nice to be able to be in a classroom on a part-time basis since a full-time position seems to be out of reach. It is a good place to work & lots of opportunities to work in different school districts.
Temp
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PASeptember 9, 2017
I enjoyed the temp job. I started at 12:30p and worked until 5p. The company employees were very nice and helpful when I had questions. I would like to b on their call back list.

Kelly Services was easy to work with and they walked me through everything to be their temp.

I would love to work for them again.
Pros
Great placement
Cons
Temp work is over too quickly
Its a job
Mac+ Advisor Home-based (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCSeptember 9, 2017
I miss the co-worker contact but its a great job if your a loner. I dont plan on leaving Kelly for the same type of job because its the best that I had. If I leave Kelly if would be for an higher position that pays more.
Pros
Work from home
Cons
Work alone
I really enjoy working for kelly services they give my a good oppertunity to learn about different Companys
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INSeptember 9, 2017
I would give them a good review we have a good history working with each other I'm a forklift operator and they always have something in the field that I'm in .Warehouse is what I do . I'm very detailed oriented and I will always make sure the job is done right.They know that they can depend on me to be on time & Follow directions as well as lead.
Pros
Can make a good living doing something you enjoy
Cons
Trying to always get it all done but sometimes you cant

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kelly Services. Our community is ready to answer.