Kelsey-Seybold Clinic Employee Reviews

good job with good pay and good benefits
Licensed Vocational Nurse (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 5, 2018
A typical day included: patient education, completing referrals, refilling medication, scheduling patient appointments, pre-op teaching, ordering tests for patients, and tracking patient care updates.
I learned about the different GI conditions and the procedures and treatments for those conditions.
The hardest part of the job is managing time between the inbasket, clinic, and phones - but it is very doable.
The most enjoyable part of the job is helping patients better understand their conditions and the treatments to improve their quality of life.
Good pay and good benefits.
Health Service Representative II (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 4, 2018
• Provide comprehensive service in order to facilitate a resolution to any caller request.
• Schedules appointments in a prompt and courteous manner utilizing the Epic software.
• Maintaining high volume calls while being able to multi-task with making appointments and assessing the patient in a timely manner.
Medical Environment
Customer Service Rep III (Former Employee) –  Pearland, TXJanuary 2, 2018
Management not always willing to work with employees ,not a very family oriented place to work.not a lot room for growth or promotion to much favoritism
Claims Examiner II
Claims Examiner III (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 29, 2017
I really liked working for Kelsey-Seybold. I was upset when I was laid off. I would work fr them again. They treated the staff very well and I liked working as a claims examiner for them.
Pros
Lunches
Cons
Over time some time mandatrory
Fun place to work
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 23, 2017
Very caring facility and fast paced and enjoyable people and patients I worked with. No advanced in the field i study so i decided to give my 2 week notice in a formal way
Very good place to work
Patient Access Rep (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 22, 2017
i love my job but the lack of career advancement opportunities I can no longer bare. I was promised a full time position in my department after 6 months on the job and I still have not yet been offered that position.
Utilization Review (UR) LVN (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 13, 2017
Everybody had their own scheduled work, they get along together. Encourage each other and help with the referrals. Very knowledge is good to work with that group.
Relaxed
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Webster, TXDecember 11, 2017
Monday through Friday 8 -5 pm. one hour lunch periods. Vacation, sick, holiday and personal time off. Holiday parties and gift cards provided. Pay checks every 2 weeks.
Pros
close to home.
Cons
not easy to go to school while working with this company
Do not work here
LVN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  The Woodlands, TXNovember 25, 2017
Nursing supervisor was terrible. No support. In private speaks to employee in degrading manner. Harrassed by male employee in same way and nothing done. Left and now being treated for PTSD from job.
Pros
Nothing. Have not heard of free lunches in five years. Not at our clinic
Cons
No breaks
good experience
Student Radiographer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 21, 2017
working at Kelsey-Seabold clinic has given me a good experience, especially that it's a big facility and it has CR, DR, working mostly with geriatric patients has taught me a lot
management
Account Representative II (Former Employee) –  Pearland, TXNovember 14, 2017
I think management needs more work because they do not look out for there team. A manager lied blankly in front of our supervisor on my production at work and no disciplinary was taken.
Pros
Christmas Dinner
Cons
When we were short handed our breaks were taken away
Senior Application Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Pearland, TXNovember 13, 2017
Good people to work with. However upper management needs to be more involved in the day to day workings of the clinics, and listen to what the employee needs.
Pros
Great Pay
Cons
Long drive
Compassion
Ambulatory Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 7, 2017
Kelsey Seybold is a company that cares about their employees. I had the opportunity to work with very friendly people. They instantly took me under their wings and showed me compassion and understanding.
Love my department!!!!
Vocational Nurse Graduate/CMA II (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 5, 2017
Manage daily schedule
Confirm HRA/PHY/WWE apt. and procedures one day prior to exam
Scrub schedules for HRA/PHY/WWE with Mammo. hold appt.
Review and update immunizations needed for exams
Complete in basket, orders, overdue results, and expiring orders.
Review office audits
Complete daily and month duties- (ex.) Sterilization log
Manage phone queue
Provide desk support for referral, appts, and triage.
Room patients for exam per dept. (Internal, Pedi-Family, Derm, Ortho, Pod.,OB-Gyn,)
Assist physician with procedures and or exams
Set up for procedures: Wet preps, Paps, STD panel, Vulvar Bx, Endometrial Bx,
Colposcopies, Cryotherapy, Leeps, Essures, IUD Insertions and Removals, Nexplanon
Insertions and Removals…etc,
Ob prenatal care/monitoring: FHT, U/A, NST/U/S monitor.
Assist with the supervision and training over new employees,nursing students,
& interns.
Order Office supplies for clinic
Log Maint.
Provide other duties upon request.
Pros
Love the OB-Gyn department!!! Look forward to going to work.
Cons
Wish I could receive a better pay rate.
Reception/Records Department
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 24, 2017
This was an externship and I loved the job. I have always been trying to get in this field but living in Houston not much an opportunity. They were always looking for experience not coming out of school was enough and if it was they only wanted to pay $8 and hour.
Great company if you are not concerned with having a competent HR
RN (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 23, 2017
Kelsey-Seybold is a great place to work, but don't look for career advancement opportunities. The HR department has a ton of turnover, which is telling. This is a very top-down organization. Nurses are often not included or involved in any decision-making and their ideas are not solicited. The workplace culture varies greatly depending on the department and location one works at. The most enjoyable part of the job was the nurses.
Official response from Kelsey-Seybold Clinic
November 7, 2017

It is unfortunate your experience at Kelsey did not match those of hundreds of our nurses. Since 1949, Kelsey-Seybold employees have formed a culture of patient-centered innovation and accountability. Recently, some of our nurses have been honored with 2017 Excellence in Nursing awards by the Good Samaritan Foundation of Texas. Nurses communicate with their leadership teams through nursing supervisors, nurse managers, and clinic administrators; they are encouraged to be involved in projects or special committees of their choosing. With 20 practice locations in the greater Houston area, our nurses have opportunities to work in over 70 specialties and sub-specialties. A Nurse Practice Council meets every other month to keep staff and management up-to-date on issues that impact patients. As within many departments at Kelsey, our professional Human Resources staff has earned multiple degrees and industry accreditations, and we strive for excellence in all we do. For more information about opportunities, visit www.Kelsey-Seybold.com.

Great working environment
Medical Assistant Extern (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 20, 2017
Everyone work as a team
Communication is key
Employees value their job

Medical Assistant provides supportive patient care functions for an assigned clinical area, under the supervision of a Physician, Registered Nurse or Licensed Vocational Nurse, ensuring the safety and comfort of patients and families according to legal, organizational and professional standards. Some duties may be delegated to the MA by the physician or RN. Ambulatory Care experience
Pros
outside food vendors visit clinic
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 17, 2017
While being employed with this company I had the chance to start out full time in one department. AFer two years I was then able to go per diem and work in a variety of different departments. What I learned from working in different places it helped me to understand the importance of health.
Pros
Free lunches
Kelsey Seybold Clinic
Patient Account Rep (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 17, 2017
A normal day at work in customer service would be answering inbound and outbound calls trough out the day with out irritable patients. I learned to identify error in patient accounts, take payments, data entry and review medical codes. The hardest part of customer service is not having accurate information on patient account to assist patient. My most enjoyable part of this position is to receive a call from a pleased patient .
Cons
bad communication
great work/life balance
Physician Assistant-Orthopedics (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 11, 2017
Very nice multi specialty practice group located in Houston TX. Great place to work for a good balance. Excellent medical records system. First ACO in the country; great managed care.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kelsey-Seybold Clinic. Our community is ready to answer.