Kelsey-Seybold Clinic Employee Reviews

Think about it first
Healthcare Service Rep II (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 22, 2017
The Contact Center is a place where if you get in please do not get comfortable get your three months in a look for a better position that will make you happy and that will not drain you each and everyday. If you get comfortable you will get trapped in the contact center and see yourself going nowhere. Great Company but the contact center is not where you would like to be.
Cons
Employees, manangement, Contact center
All Numbers
Soon to be Former employee (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 11, 2017
If you ok with being micro-managed, not being heard, not advancing, being a robot, not getting paid what you are worth, enjoying drama, enjoy getting talked to crazy by patients, being lied to about what you really thought you were being hired for, being lied to how the company really operates, enjoy tattle tellers, enjoy administrators, supervisors and coordinators who tries and throw you under the bus or who just don't care, or enjoy a place that is boring and is strict on celebrations *well not for all clinics or people..at their discretion* <<favoritism, or enjoy not having incentives, or benefits or constant write ups about being 1 to 2 miniutes late, or if you ok not being concerned about your own saftey. Oh yea KSC requires you to try and make it to work during a hurricane or ice day. If not you will be wrote up and required to use your vacation. Clinic must go on, even if there are no lights. Again all about numbers. So, if totally ok with all the above...this your place to work. I highly recommend this place for new graduates out of high school or the new graduates out college or the very naive or to the ones who knows no better. Good luck.
Pros
No weekends, No late nights and great co-workers
Cons
No real set structure, non competitive in salary, 1 to 3% raises, bias, all about numbers, do not care about employees voices, favoritism, micro-managment, no incentives, no good benefits
very profetional
Medical Records Clerk (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, TXMarch 8, 2017
I worked at different kelsey- seybold locations in the mornings, I would sent in and out charts to different clinics everyone was very helpful when you had questions,
Pros
Sometimes we had free dood
Cons
i needed more hours
Very productive
Certified Medical Assistant - Back Office (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 8, 2017
Nice environment. Room patients, vital signs, prepare patient for physical and pap exams, update medical history and medications, perform urine dipsticks, pregnancy test, and finger sticks for sugar check, tell them to schedule a follow-up appointment, if one was needed and go to lab/x-rays, according to doctor's orders.
Pros
5 days a week job
Cons
Healthcare coverage expensive
Quite an experience and a fast pace environment!
Health Care Representative II (Current Employee) –  Pearland, TXFebruary 28, 2017
I've learned so much while in this position! You literally experience a new situation everyday and will be introduced to multiple ways to solve issues
Good Place to work
Senior Benefits Specialist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 27, 2017
Learned a lot from caring employee's
Dr's are great
Work culture was good
Hardest part of job was life claims
Most enjoyed helping my core clients(employees)
Pros
Great employees
Cons
Some employees
Adminstrative Service Representative II (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 16, 2017
A typical day at Kelsey consist of checking in patients for their appointments, verifying ins, and collecting payment for services rendered. I have learned what it means to work as a team. By being part of a team we are able to give our patients the best care possible. The management at Kelsey -Seybold is excellent. The management team is very open to listening to what their employees think of Kelsey and are open to hearing peoples opinions about what is going good and what can be worked on. The workplace culture is excellent. Everyone at this company is open to the other employees around them.
Great Company Overall
Corporate Accounts Specialist (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 1, 2017
Kelsey Seybold is a GREAT place to work they really take care of their employees. I enjoy going into work everyday, the management team is great. The patients that come in are just joyful everyday. It really warms me up to know that I can assist in changing someone's life or day
awesome
Certified Medical Assistant, Spine Center (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 17, 2017
The ladies i work with are amazing. i would just like to increase my knowledge in other departments.
management in my department wasn't all that great but if you do your job you never have to worry about it.
Loved the job!
Exercise Physiologist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 14, 2017
The only reason I left was because I had an opportunity for significant financial growth.
There was so many things to do, I never got bored or felt unnecessary. Everyone was kind from the physicians to management to nurses!
LVN (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 12, 2017
I enjoy being here, however, we have slowed down recently as far as patients go so it makes for a few slow days. Other than that I like working here.
Great place to start in healthcare career
Healthcare Services Rep (Current Employee) –  Pearland, TXJanuary 10, 2017
Kelsey is a great place to start if you are looking for a job in the healthcare industry. The reason being is because everything in done in that network so you have the opportunity to grow in any direction.
"Great place to be a part of"
Ancillary Radiology Scheduler (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 5, 2017
A typical day at work consists of making numerous calls through out the day and scheduling numerous appointments Productive up. I've learned to take the bitter with the sweet and always cover self,stay positive and focused. Awesome co-workers and great management team. The hardest part of my job is hearing that some one is no longer here and not feeling well. The most enjoyable part of my job is seeing patients and all are happy when I am providing a relaxed smile with a thank you. Working at Kelsey-Seybold is most rewarding.
Pros
bonus
benefits
Very relaxed atmosphere to work in
Registered Nurse, BSN (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 24, 2016
Starting my day I would be able to prioritize my day, when I was a rooming nurse. When I started working the desk I had certain objectives to complete in a day, the majority of the time I was able to accomplish those objectives. There were times that I had to stop what I was doing to answer phone calls from parents, which was no problem, that was part of the job. The most enjoyable part of the job was when I was working walk-in triage and all of the different things I did; triage, immunizations, EKGs.
Pros
Good cafateria, free parking
Poor Management
LVN (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 15, 2016
KSC has their priorities all mixed up, very petty in many areas but the important needs go unhandled. No professional or admin support from Nurse Manger, every issue is turned into being the nurse's fault even when you go above and beyond. Management takes complaint and do not investigate. I have watched them discipline co-workers for things clearly could have been handled differently. There is no educational support for required CEU's No training or preceptorship and you are held accountable for things you were trained to do. PHONES, PHONES, PHONES!! The phones are top priority, yes they supersede a patient standing in front of you. Your phone stats are a part of your evaluation. The benefits are horrible, they force you to take KSC plan-managed care with high copays, they force you in their retirement plan without you making an election. No grace period, you are late at 801 and it's a occurrence, the expect robots to work no humans. Coworkers are disgruntled at all the pettiness, adults just want to come to work and work and go on about their day. In my opinion, if have other options RUN. These comments are pertaining to Main Campus-2nd floor Ortho/Spine/Pain
Pros
Pay is high for an office LVN position
Cons
Several: HIGH TURNOVER, benefits, management, no education, no training or preceptorship
Great Start to developing Customer Service
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 15, 2016
I worked at Kelsey for 9 1/2 years in their call center as a customer service rep. I am grateful to have started with Kelsey at a young age to educate me on developing Customer Service skills. The hardest part of leaving Kelsey was leaving my co workers, which I developed personal relationships with. Till this day I am still very close with quite a few of them.
Kelsey-Seybold Clinic
Ambulatory Service Representative II/ PBX Operator (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 14, 2016
My overall review of the company is good. I was given the opportunity work here for over 9 years and overall, I love it. Kelsey-Seybold offer great benefits and with excellent 401k and the employees are all like family. I would highly recommend
Great place to work.
Admin Clerk & Technical Enrollment Specialist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 14, 2016
I enjoyed my time at Kelsey-Seybold. I was able to move into several different positions that allowed me to work with different people and patients all while getting the opportunity to learn more about the healthcare industry.
Pros
Several locations throughout the Houston area
Cons
Salary
Nice environment
Healthcare service representative 1 (Former Employee) –  Pearland, TXNovember 8, 2016
Long hours for a very short lunch break, typical call center environment, nice environment good gifts during the holidays
productive
Health care service rep (Current Employee) –  Pearland, TXOctober 28, 2016
Kelsey Seybold works well with your personal schedule, helps student with school finances (investment). overall great company

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kelsey-Seybold Clinic. Our community is ready to answer.