Kelsey-Seybold Clinic

Kelsey-Seybold Clinic Employee Reviews in United States

Great company to work for
Nursing Supervisor II (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 5, 2016
Overall Kelsey-Seybold Clinic is a great company to work for. Good hours, great benefits, good salary. There are issues with fast growth, communication of ongoing changes, inconsistent treatment and decisions from upper management.

For a supervisor not much support depending on the clinic you are assigned and unrealistic expectations on work load. Great opportunities to learn and grow. Co-workers and team wonderful. Most rewarding is being a part of a great caring team that go above and beyond for the patient.
Pros
Great Nurses and MA's
Cons
Work load and stress level for nurses
A good old boy culture where the employees are treated like scum.
Management (Former Employee) –  Pearland, TXJanuary 29, 2016
Don't expect decent raises or promotions; the crooked management have decided who get the promotion long before the job is posted. You apply for an internal job knowing that you have no chance to obtain it as it is all just a process of formality.

Senior management could care less about the employee unless you are in "the click". They ignore your concerns and don't even try to take time to get to know you. They even walk right past the workers who keep the business afloat and could care less about speaking to them.

If you don't kiss butt and fraternize with management you won't ever get a leg up in the company. Hard work and results seems like a negative than a positive.

Anyone that comes in with ideas of improvement are seen as a threat to others job so the management team either claims your idea as their own or flat out ignore the idea.

It isn't surprising that this company not so long ago came out of bankruptcy and had to be financially supported by St Lukes. The leaders of the company are horrible and don't live by the companies missions and values. The organization is slow to respond to growing competition so there is no doubt that it will fall again.
Poor management will down an organization every time.
Pros
8-5 schedules, Job Stability
Cons
Horrid Management, Favoritism, Good Ole Boy Culture, No Advancement, Poor Training, Expensive Medical, Zero Integrity
Great place to work if you are a retired nurse
LVN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 2, 2016
If you are a new nurse don't work here. You are basically a secretary. On the phones all day and doing paperwork is not nursing. The management over my department (ortho) was very non compassionate and only cared about "staffing the clinic" the turnover rate In the department was really high a nurse left every month seemed like. overall it's an great place to work for a retired or pregnant nurse who wants to sit down all day! honestly would have stayed if supervisor wasn't so rude.
Pros
steady schedule, off weekends, benefits
Cons
no training, on the phone all day, understaffed
A place where everyone hates their job
Member Services KCA (Former Employee) –  Pearland,TXSeptember 12, 2015
Its all about hitting financial targets. Employees and patient tie for fourth place.

If you enjoy having supervisors scream across a work environment ; you'll love Member Services at the Pearland Business office.
Too lazy to email or instant message; they just constantly scream.

Kelsey is able to take micromanagement to a new level. Kindergarten kids have more respect and flexibility than this company.

Recruitment is amazing at low balling salary and promoting available promotions; none of which are true.
Pros
ZERO
Cons
Favoritism, MicroManagement, Abusive Work Environment
Health Care Service Representative II (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 29, 2015
Overall a great atmosphere and management. The possibility of growth within the company is highly praised and during my tenure I have witnessed many people move on to greater positions within the company.
Don't do it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  HoustonOctober 16, 2015
Mirco-Management at it's best
They will bait you in with a high dollar amount
Then low ball you, with 3% increase once a year
then raise your insurance premiums.

They let the patient's talk to you crazy and upper management does nothing.
The most enjoyable part of the job was leaving everyday at 5pm
Pros
There are none
Cons
Management sucks
Productive work environment. Great place to work.
ASR II (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 25, 2016
A typical work day started at 7:30 am...make coffee for patients and bring it to the waiting area then the day begun....start checking in patients, being that it is a Cancer Center it is high volume.
I have learned a lot about cancer.
Management is okay.
The hardest part of the job was seeing your patients one morning and the next morning they could have passed away.
The most enjoyable part is seeing the patients ring the bell after their last treatment of chemo or radiation.
Pros
medical center
Cons
cancer
Horrible Management
RN (Current Employee) –  HoustonJuly 20, 2015
Soooooooo many rules of what not to do but there is no employee retention. People hate coming to this place and management knows it and they do not care. They are their own insurance company. They make too much money to care about their employees. They can never stay staffed, my own supervisor's supervisor told me that. Its a lot of drama everywhere with everyone. Managers and supervisors are messy and childish so of course the staff will be the same. Doctors know the environment but say and do nothing about it. Do yourself a favor do not work at this place. penny raises. pay is not competitive. what good is it to have benefits you can not use? they watch the timeclock for every punch, if you are late one minute clocking in, you are late. you get written up. you get written up for everything. you cant call in, even if you have a 104 fever, they dont care. you can be in a car accident, they dont care. nothing will make them care and it doesnt matter that you have worked there for years. they have a strict policy and the environment shows how unhappy employees are. the employees are told in orientation if you ever say anything bad about the company, you get fired or written up. they dont want people to know how bad their company really is.
Pros
no pros... well the benefits.
Cons
horrible management, drama, penny raises, pay is not competitive, no growth
I really miss this job, everyone was so helpful ad friendly
HIM Tech/ Patient Account Analysts (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 25, 2016
• Scheduling and Canceling appointments
• Ensured billing accuracy and clean claim submission
• Verification and electronic billing of insurance
• Collections of outstanding charges, bad debts, and co-pays
• Charge entry and hospital charges
• Payment posting and reimbursements
• Consulted with patients in hopes to negotiate a payment strategy
• Experienced with electronic medical records
• Insurance follow-up
• Electronic Medical records
Pros
I love and miss this job
Cons
dont have a covered place to park
Horrible place to work from day one
RN II PREOP/PACU (Former Employee) –  Kelsey-Sebold ASC downtownOctober 7, 2015
Management was the worst I have ever worked with. Favorites, out right lie about their employees, promotes bad behavior and bad moral. Yells across the room, accuses of wrongful doings when the people who complain are the bad impressionist. After the first week was constantly looking for another job. Totally unfair work assignments and HR is not better when taking a issue to them. The Doctors aren't bad at all to work with but they do know what is going on and as long as their patients are treated well which they all are then they look the other way. Management does not have the experience nor education nor personality to lead let alone work beside any other people. It is all in who you know. Will poopoo all over a good employee to keep a friend happy. The most enjoyable part was becoming friends with some other workers. The hardest part was not seeing those friends on a daily basis through grueling work assignments.
Pros
Some good people that worked with
Cons
Lots
Productive and professional work place.
Healthcare Scheduler (Current Employee) –  Pearland, TXJune 14, 2016
Overall great work experience. Professional and productive environment. Scheduled appointments in coordination with physicians. Processed Co-Payments as well as explained insurance coverage. Updated patient demographic information. Checked in patients according to appointment times.
Great Place to work
INSURANCE FOLLOW-UP TEAM LEAD (Current Employee) –  Pearland, TXSeptember 2, 2015
• Analyze employee statistics for data entry and collections.
• Perform monthly employee audits
• Provide feedback to employees on weekly or monthly basis as needed
• Check and verify Pre- certifications for medical procedures.
• Provide training on new policies and new changes
• Train employees on benefits and operating systems
• Insurance follow-up and claim status inquires by telephone and use of various payer websites.
• Collect payments for patients appointments and past due balances.
• Run and maintain monthly A/R for clinics.
Management very rude, disrespectful
Ambulatory service representative II (Former Employee) –  main campusJuly 29, 2015
Monday thru Friday, I sit at front desk and collect co-pays, and bad debt, I don't feel comfortable collecting but supervisors put pressure on employees to do it. Overall, when guest get upset and request a supervisor we don't get the support that we deserve.
At the end of the day we have to count the drawer down, if the money is short or a miscount supervisor will not help, so I have been there for a hour pass my shift trying to figure out a mistake, that's what supervisors suppose to be there to help but they look at you as a problem.
Pros
breaks, department easy to run, cafeteria very nice
Cons
short breaks, management unprofessional, company don't care about employees
Love the Location
Configuration Analyst (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 24, 2016
Cool Company
Great environment but management is overworked, they could use some strategizing to make things a little better.
A Little unorganized but they are progressing
I would definitely work there again.
Employee reconation committe
CERTIFIED REGISTERED CENTRAL STERILE TECHNICIAN (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 3, 2016
My overall review is Fair. I am leader I take pride in my job everyday I step place in the workplace. Have a Instrument tech for twenty-five years.
Pros
Free parking
Cons
Inexprience Leaders
great admistration
LPN (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 23, 2016
Learned many skills with this company. Had many ways to move up in the company. Worked with many specialist. Very professional administration and staff.
Pros
fulfilling work
Cons
short breaks
cool place
Healthcare Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Pearland, TXMarch 10, 2016
the overall company is an amazing place to work. I have to relocate due to the fact I will be moving and I am unable to change locations.
Every employee has their own role.
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 2, 2016
Every employee has their own role. Getting to work and set up for the day, depending on the department you will do more office work than clinical or vise versa.
Kelsey
Healthcare Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 28, 2016
Good place to work! On the job training will help you along the way, allow you to move up within 6 months. You will get 30 min lunch.
Pros
30 min lunch
Ambulatory Service Representative III (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 23, 2016
I love working at Kelsey! I learned a lot over the years, working at different locations and specialties. Great co-workers/friends. I enjoyed my experience there.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kelsey-Seybold Clinic. Our community is ready to answer.