Kelsey-Seybold Clinic Employee Reviews

Would be a great job if management would make necessary changes.
Healthcare Services Representative I (Current Employee) –  Pearland, TXMay 23, 2017
Started part-time as a HSR 1 rep. I was told after 90 days a full time position would be offered which never came. Team leads and management clearly have favorites and don't try to hide it. Rules are constantly changing and as employees we are not made aware of it until we are reprimanded for it. I was told before that they do this in order to keep a steady change in employees but I hadn't believed this until seeing it for myself. The pay is good, however you have to deal with a lot of bull for the pay. You are given sick, personal, and vacation time but it is extremely hard to get approved to use it. If you call in for any reason, even with documentation you are penalized and wrote up for this even when you have sick time available.
Pros
pay
Cons
everything but pay
Productive and fun group of women and men to work with
Triage RN (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 21, 2017
Receiving calls from patients regarding labs, images and medication clarifications. Triaging patients from pediatrics to elderly. Talking with the on call physicians about any immediate concerns.
Pros
Every other weekend
Cons
Physicians do not read their notes prior to calling nurse for further information.
Patient Transporter (Former Employee) –  Houston, TX 77030May 18, 2017
Kelsey was a great place to work. its very laid back , great people very free flowing.... I would recommend this place to a friend to work... thanks...
fast paced
Ambulatory Services Rep II (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 11, 2017
Great benefits, salary, support staff, opportunity for advancement or job change. Physicians very appreciative.Limited holidays. Accumulate time per pay periods.
Kelsey Seybold Clinic is a fun and exciting place to work.
Medical Assistant/Dept. Support Specialist/ ASR (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 9, 2017
Kelsey Seybold Clinic is a great an exciting place to work with room for growth. I've learned a lot in my 12 years here. And would recommend Kelsey Seybold Clinic to any one for a Job.
A day at work
ASR ii (Former Employee) –  Kingwood, TXMay 8, 2017
No two days are ever the same at Kelsey. Management tries to make the day enjoyable, especially for the holidays. Management provides needed supplies and education. Signup for additional education is available if wanted. The most enjoyable part of the day is getting a smile from a difficult patient.
Excellent Employer
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 3, 2017
This is a warm welcoming environment to work in. The opportunity for growth and education is definitely there and the benefits and pay are quite competitive.
My Day At Work
Medical Assistant II (Former Employee) –  Houston, TexasMay 3, 2017
My typical day at work, I can in click in, say GOOD MORNING to my co workers, we chatter a little. I check my work schedule to see how many patients I have. Once my patients start arriving, I call them back take their vital signs.;, after which the physician comes in the room. I answer the phones, with patients refills, referrals, and insurance information. I go to lunch at 12, after lunch I do it all over again, until its time for me to go home.
Pros
Nice Work Enviroment
Cons
Healthcare a little high.
Work anywhere else but here
CMA (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 30, 2017
Work at any clinic besides main campus ortho. The manager doesn't know what she is doing, everyone there is lazy and not a team player, the doctors are rude and arrogant, hard to take off days, you have timed restroom breaks, you get very little training, you have people telling about every little thing you do. JUST RUN AS FAR AWAY FROM THIS PLACE AS YOU CAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They're lucky I can't give 0 stars.
Great company benefits
Ambulatory Service Rep I & II (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 27, 2017
Was the first medical position and I fell in love with the patients and coworkers. The turnover rate was high but staff were very positive. Insurance was reasonable.
productive and benefits were wonderful
Texas Ambulatory Service Rep II (Former Employee) –  Humble, TXApril 25, 2017
Great company to work for. Enjoyed the benefits. Disliked not able to have overtime, management was very strict on overtime hours, other than that Kelsey- Seybold is a wonderful group of providers and staff that truly care for the patients and employees.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
no overtime
Great place
In-Clinic Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 20, 2017
Kelsey-Seybold is a gem. Can be very laid back depending on where you worked. I had the best supervisors anyone could ask for and the only reason I left was because of school.
Family oriented
RN (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 11, 2017
Enjoyed my work experience.
Management is easy to contact and voice opinions.
Salary competitive.
Opportunity for advancement.
Great benefit packages.
Fun and entusiastic
Ophthalmic Technician (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 11, 2017
Start on time, all staff should be at the station on time.
technical support is grate
Managers are helpful and supportive
Patient's satisfaction is priority
Inter acting with people
Pros
Fre parking
Kelsey
System Support Analyst II (Former Employee) –  Pearland, TXApril 10, 2017
Was a very good place to work! Great location no traffic. Nice view and the ability to exercise on breaks. Great festivities arranged for all holidays that the company acknowledges.
great place to wrok
put up stock
called and verified insurance
answered phone
cash reports
Pros
Enjoyed the people I worked with
Cons
low wages/poor managers
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Katy, TXMarch 27, 2017
wonderful place to work in, not a very good place to expand pay is good here can be a hassle to get days off as needed but they try to work with you as much as they can.
Pros
Doctors
Think about it first
Healthcare Service Rep II (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 22, 2017
The Contact Center is a place where if you get in please do not get comfortable get your three months in a look for a better position that will make you happy and that will not drain you each and everyday. If you get comfortable you will get trapped in the contact center and see yourself going nowhere. Great Company but the contact center is not where you would like to be.
Cons
Employees, manangement, Contact center
Okay place to work
Hospital Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 14, 2017
The management of the location I worked at was very unprofessional. They have kids for management with catty ways. The building is beautiful, the cafeteria is wonderful and the location is great.
All Numbers
Soon to be Former employee (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 11, 2017
If you ok with being micro-managed, not being heard, not advancing, being a robot, not getting paid what you are worth, enjoying drama, enjoy getting talked to crazy by patients, being lied to about what you really thought you were being hired for, being lied to how the company really operates, enjoy tattle tellers, enjoy administrators, supervisors and coordinators who tries and throw you under the bus or who just don't care, or enjoy a place that is boring and is strict on celebrations *well not for all clinics or people..at their discretion* <<favoritism, or enjoy not having incentives, or benefits or constant write ups about being 1 to 2 miniutes late, or if you ok not being concerned about your own saftey. Oh yea KSC requires you to try and make it to work during a hurricane or ice day. If not you will be wrote up and required to use your vacation. Clinic must go on, even if there are no lights. Again all about numbers. So, if totally ok with all the above...this your place to work. I highly recommend this place for new graduates out of high school or the new graduates out college or the very naive or to the ones who knows no better. Good luck.
Pros
No weekends, No late nights and great co-workers
Cons
No real set structure, non competitive in salary, 1 to 3% raises, bias, all about numbers, do not care about employees voices, favoritism, micro-managment, no incentives, no good benefits

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kelsey-Seybold Clinic. Our community is ready to answer.