Kelsey-seybold Clinic

Kelsey-seybold Clinic Employee Reviews

Political company
Insurance Follow-Up Representative II (Current Employee), Pearland, TXMay 14, 2015
Very political company, they are unorganized, the benefits are good. I enjoyed what I did; however, my supervisor was a bully. The Founder Dr. Kelsey would be very disappointed to see that what he started has become.
Good place
Exercise Physiologist (Former Employee), Houston, TXApril 26, 2015
Good service, good patient care, great co-workers who help one another. Buildings very clean, kept up to date. Great place to work
every fast pace day
Assistant (Former Employee), Houston, TexasApril 22, 2015
Pros: had parties for different occasion
Cons: errors made with out any recourse.
90 to 100 patient procedures, learned to multi-task with phones ,patient ,families, co-workers and documents. The hardest part of the day was to keep each task on a smooth flowing course. I most enjoy metting people.
Not very professional
RN radiology (Former Employee), Houston, TXApril 22, 2015
Pros: competative compensation
Cons: Management
Management not up to par, politics are a major issue. Hard to balance work and home since there is little to no flexibility.
Work place was very productive met and took care of many people from different companies.
OFFICE NURSE (Former Employee), Houston, TXApril 7, 2015
Pros: Lunch breaks were few, lunch was often late.
Cons: There were very short breaks, the clinic was always busy.
I was responsible for all aspect of office work, implementing assignments in nursing care of patients. Clerical, data entry, filing, record management billing.

There were many duty as charge nurse. Love working at this clinic.
Insurance Verifier
Patient Account Analyst (Former Employee), Houston, TXApril 6, 2015
checking in patients and making sure the insurance is completed at the time of service. Collecting co-payments for the visits.
Great job security and culture
System Analyst I (IT) (Former Employee), Pearland, TXMarch 19, 2015
Pros: new building with cafeteria on site
Cons: long commute
Kelsey-Seybold was a great employer. I was provided many options for advancement. There is also a true sense of pride in the company and the services it provides.
great company and excellent benefits!!!
LVN Staff Nurse-Internal Medicine (Former Employee), Kingwood, TXMarch 16, 2015
Pros: employee discounts
Cons: hard to get days off
Great place to work ,great pay and hours!!!My co-workers were great and always willing to help. Every day was different. I liked the unpredictable days. I learned to do ear irrigations and loved doing them. Only thing was while I was busy doing an EKG, there was nobody to get my next pt ready for the provider.
Big let down!
CMA II (Former Employee), Katy, TXMarch 11, 2015
Pros: doctors and benefits
Cons: management
I worked here for over a year. The logs were the worst, they would change something and not inform until I had submitted the next month already. And it was still my fault. My former nursing superviosr has had inappropriate relationships with employees and they have their favorites. They break and bend rules only for their favorites, and you know if you are one of them. I can only speak for the 2 clinics I worked at and that was Cinco Ranch and Katy. I enjoyed working, but when it came to management I had enough.
Nice place to work
Prep/Scan Clerk (Current Employee), Houston, TXFebruary 18, 2015
It's a good place to work, no weekends and holidays off. The benefits are good. There needs to be more growth in medical records department. A typical day is slow and long, but we get the job done. The department is small that a nice thing. The management style could be different but its a nice place to work.
Good place to work for
Licensed Vocational Nurse (Current Employee), The Woodlands, TXFebruary 6, 2015
Pros: benefits
Cons: work load can vary depending on the patients to be seen
A typical day is to clock in, perform any checks on equipment, room patients, perform ambulatory nursing skills, go to lunch, come back and room more patients, and then clock out.
They have the latest technology software
Insurance Follow-up Rep, II (Former Employee), Pearland, TXFebruary 2, 2015
Pros: bonus opportunities
Cons: career advancement is limited
I learned how to research trends in a format suitable for management. Great research was encouraged. The management team trusts the staff with special projects as the hands on expert
A good place to start...but move up or out as soon as you can
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Houston, TXFebruary 2, 2015
Pros: stability, pay is decent
Cons: very strict rules and regulations..on your own if you make a mistake
I worked in customer service. Kelsey starts off really nice and makes promises to you about advancement. Unfortunately, it didn't work that way for me. It seemed to me like they help their favorites and shun the people they didn't like. They would even change the rules for people they wanted to promote. In all fairness, I made a lot of mistakes at first. But when I tried to fix and correct them, I wasn't given a lot of guidance or feed back. They are sticklers when it comes to taking your lunch and breaks at the scheduled times. They place is also kept ice cold, no matter how warm or cold it is.
great team to work with
Medicare Advantage Health Plan Services Technician (Current Employee), Houston, TXJanuary 17, 2015
I appreciate my employer for the additional knowledge I've gained about the healthcare industry.

*A typical work day includes scheduling pharmacists for daily MTM reviews and Hospital Discharge Follow-ups. I speak with patients on a daily basis about deductibles and formulary to help them improve their overall healthcare.

*The management is very support of the team and staff that work under them. There is a real sense of family.

*My co-workers are my second family we mesh together well.

*Sad stories from patients and the inability to help them in some cases (financial, loss of life, and social issues.)

* Helpimg my patients have a better understanding of what their healthplan was designed for.
great place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Pearland, TXJanuary 4, 2015
Great place to work ,but when they judge you by your phone calls it not a fair judge
workplace
Materials Manager (Current Employee), Houston, TXDecember 27, 2014
Ordering med-surg supplies, reviewing surgery schedule for implants ordering implants for surgery cases. Stocking shelves entering requisition for orders. Speaking to reps from different companies. Insuring orders have been placed following up with vendors on orders. Assisting business office with billing question and implant pricing.
busy days, not much room for growth
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Pearland, TXDecember 18, 2014
Schedules, confirms, and cancels appointments
problem solve for patients
effectively utilize scheduling software and Windows based programs

Management does not communicate effectively causing a lot of differences in information. They state the is a lot of room for growth, but they do not recognize any of the hard work employees do.

The hardest part of the job is the frustration of wanting to move up in the company, but knowing there is a glass ceiling. The most enjoyable part of the job is the other employees.
Great environment for work and life balance
Analyst (Current Employee), Houston, TXNovember 17, 2014
Pros: lunch meetings, work and life balance
Cons: minimal room for growth and less pay
Kelsey-Seybold Clinic provides a great environment for individuals who seek to obtain the optimal work/life balance. The management (the department I performed in) was excellent.
Productive and fun place to work.
Administrator Supervisor (Current Employee), houston, texasNovember 6, 2014
Pros: nice and warm office
Cons: healthcare
A typical day at work is walking into my office and being greeting with a smile by my employees. In the eighteen years employed by this company has taught me growth, customer service, and great leadership skills. The hardest part of my job is seeing my elderly patients ill and living on a fix income making it stressful for them to meet any financial medical obligations. The most enjoyable, seeing the company expand at higher levels.
A great place at first...
Mammography Technologist (Former Employee), Sugar landNovember 5, 2014
Pros: going home
Cons: benefits
This company is very business orientated. Patient care is a top priority although complaints continue to pour in and employees are "replaceable". You have no value there. The mangers do not care about their employees, only about money. I worked there for 13 yrs and rarely received a compliment. The clicky departments and low morale just made my days worse towards the end. My patients loved me but the new boss didn't. You work in fear - always threatened that "this or that" is grounds for termination...although u see the "higher ups" breaking rules. Politics and a poor work environment made me lose my motivation. Such wasted time for a job I loved with people who didn't appreciate me.

1 2 3 4

About Kelsey-seybold Clinic

Named for the patron saint of physicians and surgeons, St. Luke's Episcopal Health System cares for patients in the Houston area – Read more

Kelsey-seybold Clinic Salaries