Kelsey-seybold Clinic

Kelsey-seybold Clinic Employer Reviews

busy days, not much room for growth
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Pearland, TXDecember 18, 2014
Schedules, confirms, and cancels appointments
problem solve for patients
effectively utilize scheduling software and Windows based programs

Management does not communicate effectively causing a lot of differences in information. They state the is a lot of room for growth, but they do not recognize any of the hard work employees do.

The hardest part – more... of the job is the frustration of wanting to move up in the company, but knowing there is a glass ceiling. The most enjoyable part of the job is the other employees. – less
Great environment for work and life balance
Analyst (Current Employee), Houston, TXNovember 17, 2014
Pros: lunch meetings, work and life balance
Cons: minimal room for growth and less pay
Kelsey-Seybold Clinic provides a great environment for individuals who seek to obtain the optimal work/life balance. The management (the department I performed in) was excellent.
Productive and fun place to work.
Administrator Supervisor (Current Employee), houston, texasNovember 6, 2014
Pros: nice and warm office
Cons: healthcare
A typical day at work is walking into my office and being greeting with a smile by my employees. In the eighteen years employed by this company has taught me growth, customer service, and great leadership skills. The hardest part of my job is seeing my elderly patients ill and living on a fix income making it stressful for them to meet any financial – more... medical obligations. The most enjoyable, seeing the company expand at higher levels. – less
A great place at first...
Mammography Technologist (Former Employee), Sugar landNovember 5, 2014
Pros: going home
Cons: benefits
This company is very business orientated. Patient care is a top priority although complaints continue to pour in and employees are "replaceable". You have no value there. The mangers do not care about their employees, only about money. I worked there for 13 yrs and rarely received a compliment. The clicky departments and low morale just made my days – more... worse towards the end. My patients loved me but the new boss didn't. You work in fear - always threatened that "this or that" is grounds for termination...although u see the "higher ups" breaking rules. Politics and a poor work environment made me lose my motivation. Such wasted time for a job I loved with people who didn't appreciate me. – less
Day at KSC
Corporate Business Development Manager (Former Employee), Houston, TXOctober 16, 2014
Pros: got to join many organizations
Cons: multiple events in one day
Business development and business intelligence was the main focus at KSC. We needed to know what employer was doing what and what was the best approach to build that relationship.
Indecisive hierarchy and impractical procedures.
Radiology File Room Coordinator (Former Employee), Houston, TXSeptember 11, 2014
Pros: cafeteria but common in most hospitals
Cons: employees are pushed through a revolving door.
Changes were a constant in management, so the work procedures changed as well, for the worse. Requests for effective changes from low ranking employees feel on deaf ears.

Also Kelsey-Seybold stopped taking Medicaid and Etna insurance and left a lot A LOT of older, loyal patients out to dry.
This review is written by a former employee.
Productive Atmosphere
Patient Service Rep/Health Services Rep (Former Employee), Houston, TXAugust 28, 2014
Pros: free rep lunches, great hours, team parties
worked closely with Case Managers, fun atmosphere, in depth research
setting stone for great career
Ancillary Radiology Scheduler (Current Employee), Houston, TXAugust 18, 2014
This company is a great setting stone for a future career. I have learned a lot about the medical as well as radiology field with this company.
Very fast paced!
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Houston, TXJuly 22, 2014
Pros: meeting new people
Cons: short breaks
This job was very fast paced, constantly working and multi tasking. I've learned information on Medicare and Medicare advantage plans. The most enjoyable part of this job was the offsite events and getting to meet new people and seeing the joy the clinic brings to them.
Fun place to work.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Pearland, TXJuly 16, 2014
Typical day is always a productive day, satisfying patients.
n/a
Optometric Assistant (Current Employee), Houston, TXJuly 6, 2014
You have chance to move up in this company and benefit are good
More political than Washington DC
Nurse (Current Employee), PasadenaJuly 2, 2014
Pros: weekends and holidays off
Cons: there is a high turnover rate for a good reason
Nursing jobs typically come with substandard management, and KS is no different. I was hired as an "assistant manger" but am nothing more than a secretary, answering phones and typing letters. Physicians own the company, so as a nurse you have no voice, and are kept in your place through intimidation. The clinics are chronically understaffed because – more... more nurses means less income for the owners, the physicians. Most nurses are actively looking for another job within the first 3 to 4 months. Weekends off are great, but don't look forward to M-F 8-5. You start at 8 and end when the last patient leaves, and that can be as late as 7:00 or 7:30, sometimes working through most, if not all, of your lunch hour. – less
wORKING AS A TEAM
Insurance Follow-up Rep II (Current Employee), Houston, TXJune 6, 2014
• Manage assigned work file(s), which include web-based work files. Conduct and analysis accessing accounts. Adjudication experience in a HMO, PPO, or TPA environment.
• Adjudicates rejected and unpaid claims in accordance with established departmental policies and procedures; Communicating with insurance companies regarding unpaid claims.
• Identifies – more... payor reimbursement patterns and trends and alerts management on an as needed basis. Demonstrated understanding of DRG pricing methods, Outpatient Prospective Payment System Mechanics, Outliers and Case Rate Payment Mechanics
• Meets established production and quality standards.
• Works in conjunction with Level I employees, responding in areas of expertise in order to assist in denials, appeals and timely responses to accounts needing additional attention.
• Maintains competency by staying abreast of assigned payor(s) guidelines and policies regarding reimbursement.
• Communicate with patients and/or clinics to supply insurance information &benefits. Communicate with Admissions, Utilization Review. Business Office, Physicians or their offices, any problems or additional information needed for authorization, referral or pre-certifications. Demonstrate strong working knowledge of Payor Contracts, Utilization Review procedures (specific to authorizations)
• Helps to ensure patient satisfaction, physician satisfaction and effective revenue cycle process.
• Performs other duties as assigned. – less
Very pleasant environment
Family Medicine Clinical Nurse (Former Employee), Sugar Land, TXMay 6, 2014
Assisted two physician with all aspects of patient care, heavy phone triage, medication review, obtaining prior authorizations for procedures, medications, DME supplies etc.
My co-workers were very helpful in helping out when needed and my manager was the nicest and most helpful when needed.
All About Pt Satisfaction
LVN (Current Employee), Houston, TxMarch 6, 2014
A very professional company that puts the patient first!
It has taught me a great deal about customer service as the emplyees are educated on the right things to do every month. The management team help stay on top of things to make sure you provide every one with your very best.
Every changing scenry
Medical Assistant (Former Employee), Houston, TXJanuary 20, 2014
Pros: luncheons
I enjoyed visiting with the patients and ensuring them they would be taken care of.
Coders worked from denials instead of on the front end to submit cleean codes.
Revenue Coder (Former Employee), 610 Lakes Building, Coding DepartmentJanuary 16, 2014
Pros: i learned about private insurance handling of claims.
Cons: it is easier and more efficient to assign correct codes for a clean claim
I think it is more effective to code correctly to submit a clean claim rather than correct codes from denials. The Kelsey coders did initially assign the codes, resulting in a high denial rate.
I think Kelsey Seybold was a great place to work, I hate I left
Patient Account Analyst (Former Employee), Houston, TXJanuary 7, 2014
Pros: covered parking, good benefits
Cons: try to get use to doing different thing than dialysis benefits
I verified insurance benefits for the radiology department, we had a quota that we had to meet, we had different types of test that we had to verify. We had to submit referral for the referral department. This
was my first job when I get laid off, I never had to do quota's so I did not really give it a chance, I wish I would have stayed. The management – more... was good and the co-workers was ok. I would gladly work there again. – less
Infusion
Hem/Onc Infusion Administrator/PIC (Former Employee), Houston, TXDecember 9, 2013
Pros: salary
Cons: supervisor
Great place to work.
8am to 5pm M-F
Loved my co-workers.
Hardest part of job was working for a manager who didn't know what was going on.
GOOD
Appointment Desk (Current Employee), Houston, TXNovember 26, 2013
co-worker are friendly and helpful, the work load is simple

1 2 3

About Kelsey-seybold Clinic

Named for the patron saint of physicians and surgeons, St. Luke's Episcopal Health System cares for patients in the Houston area – Read more