Kelsey-Seybold Clinic Employee Reviews

Great company if you are not concerned with having a competent HR
RN (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 23, 2017
Kelsey-Seybold is a great place to work, but don't look for career advancement opportunities. The HR department has a ton of turnover, which is telling. This is a very top-down organization. Nurses are often not included or involved in any decision-making and their ideas are not solicited. The workplace culture varies greatly depending on the department and location one works at. The most enjoyable part of the job was the nurses.
Official response from Kelsey-Seybold Clinic
November 7, 2017

It is unfortunate your experience at Kelsey did not match those of hundreds of our nurses. Since 1949, Kelsey-Seybold employees have formed a culture of patient-centered innovation and accountability. Recently, some of our nurses have been honored with 2017 Excellence in Nursing awards by the Good Samaritan Foundation of Texas. Nurses communicate with their leadership teams through nursing supervisors, nurse managers, and clinic administrators; they are encouraged to be involved in projects or special committees of their choosing. With 20 practice locations in the greater Houston area, our nurses have opportunities to work in over 70 specialties and sub-specialties. A Nurse Practice Council meets every other month to keep staff and management up-to-date on issues that impact patients. As within many departments at Kelsey, our professional Human Resources staff has earned multiple degrees and industry accreditations, and we strive for excellence in all we do. For more information about opportunities, visit www.Kelsey-Seybold.com.

Great working environment
Medical Assistant Extern (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 20, 2017
Everyone work as a team
Communication is key
Employees value their job

Medical Assistant provides supportive patient care functions for an assigned clinical area, under the supervision of a Physician, Registered Nurse or Licensed Vocational Nurse, ensuring the safety and comfort of patients and families according to legal, organizational and professional standards. Some duties may be delegated to the MA by the physician or RN. Ambulatory Care experience
Pros
outside food vendors visit clinic
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 17, 2017
While being employed with this company I had the chance to start out full time in one department. AFer two years I was then able to go per diem and work in a variety of different departments. What I learned from working in different places it helped me to understand the importance of health.
Pros
Free lunches
Kelsey Seybold Clinic
Patient Account Rep (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 17, 2017
A normal day at work in customer service would be answering inbound and outbound calls trough out the day with out irritable patients. I learned to identify error in patient accounts, take payments, data entry and review medical codes. The hardest part of customer service is not having accurate information on patient account to assist patient. My most enjoyable part of this position is to receive a call from a pleased patient .
Cons
bad communication
great work/life balance
Physician Assistant-Orthopedics (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 11, 2017
Very nice multi specialty practice group located in Houston TX. Great place to work for a good balance. Excellent medical records system. First ACO in the country; great managed care.
Very Stressful Culture
Employee Relations Manager (Former Employee) –  Pearland, TXOctober 5, 2017
A typical workday is dealing with the workplace culture that is not conducive to change as well as being faced with poor leadership which affects the workplace environment and morale.
Pros
Healthcare Benefits
Cons
Poor Leadership, Specifically, VP of Human Resources
It is a really easy job for spanish speakers!
Health Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Pearland, TX 77584October 4, 2017
Super easy job but it can be stressful at times. You receive many calls a day but it is basic repetitive labor. If you are bilingual you do get a .50 cent bonus and you get less calls. Watch out for your bum because you will be sitting all day long. Management is alright but even they need training because most of the time they can't answer your questions. You can use your phone at work most of the time especially if you work night shifts. You do make friends here and if you earn experience at the call center you can move upstairs and earn a few dollars an hour more from what i've heard.
Pros
Surprise lunches, team events, nice team, pay is nice for what i do (16-17ish)
Cons
Short breaks, Sitting for long hours, ok management
ok
RN COORDINATOR (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 21, 2017
Minimum chance for growth, working for the company has it pro and con depending on what you want to achieve in your career.It is not flexible for school purpose.
Nice place to work everyone seems to be a team player
Radiologic Technologist (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 8, 2017
I enjoy my job and love what I do! I would recommend Kelsey to others. They seem like they try to work with you when it comes to needing time off. Nice work flow and team oriented
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
not enough hours
productive and entertaining work place
Healthcare Services Representative II (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 28, 2017
The work day consisted of scheduling appointments and listening for key words to determine whether the patient needed to get to the doctors nurse or not.
Pros
offered overtime
Cons
short breaks/lunches
Overall satisfactory
LVN (Former Employee) –  HoustonAugust 23, 2017
Worked here for almost 9 years. There are a few things that can improve. The pay is pretty decent compared to other employers. They lost many good employees when the BCBS contract was lost because everyone did not know when it would be their turn.
Pros
Pay
Cons
need more employee recognition
HSR II (Former Employee) –  Pearland, TXAugust 22, 2017
Awesome place to work, good balance of fast paced yet relaxed atmosphere, clean environment, great benefits, love the managers, love the doctors.......
Patient Service Rep
Patient Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 9, 2017
Routine administrative duties; answered and routed phone calls.
 Crossed trained as Ambulatory Technician.
 Verified insurance for ambulatory patients; compared medical codes.
fun place to work
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 8, 2017
I have worked here for a very long time. I have worked in many different departments. Plenty room to grow. Working at Kelsey is like being in a family at home.
Pros
free drug dinners while you learn more about the medication.
Cons
1 mniute police of being late.
Good place to start if you have no experience
LVN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 4, 2017
I enjoyed the clinic. I would work there again. I learned how to perform foreign travel injections, wound care and ran the flu shot program during flu shot season. Doctors I worked with were wonderful.
Pros
decent work hours, interesting patients
Cons
low paying job
Decent place to work, but not a lot of accountability
Certified Medical Assistant - Dermatology, OB/GYN (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 3, 2017
KSC is a fine company, but in the clinics I have worked in over the last two year, lack of accountability for completing your job seems to be a consistent issue.
I would not recommend this company for Experienced professionals
Ambulatory Surgery Representative II (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 22, 2017
I have been with this company for 2 years and the experience has not been favorable. The benefits could be a lot better. I would prefer a more diverse work place.
Awesome work place
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  VintageJuly 10, 2017
Kelsey is a wonderful company to work for ! Awesome piers ! Benefits are amazing and the staff is amazing! Working there I have learned many things and has had room for growth
Productive work environment
Utilization Review (UR) LVN (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 4, 2017
Under new management. Production is high on referrals and handling large amount of phone calls. I have learned to be efficient with time management.I enjoyed when i would speak to the patient and have the problem resolved.
Pros
Friendly and fun people in the department
Cons
One break
Productive, Professional work place
Patient Care Tech. II (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 22, 2017
I have worked here for over 5 years, the work is steady and patient reviews have been favorable. The staff is Professional and get along very well with each other, co-workers and patients.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kelsey-Seybold Clinic. Our community is ready to answer.