Kelsey-Seybold Clinic Employee Reviews

Poor Management
LVN (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 15, 2016
KSC has their priorities all mixed up, very petty in many areas but the important needs go unhandled. No professional or admin support from Nurse Manger, every issue is turned into being the nurse's fault even when you go above and beyond. Management takes complaint and do not investigate. I have watched them discipline co-workers for things clearly could have been handled differently. There is no educational support for required CEU's No training or preceptorship and you are held accountable for things you were trained to do. PHONES, PHONES, PHONES!! The phones are top priority, yes they supersede a patient standing in front of you. Your phone stats are a part of your evaluation. The benefits are horrible, they force you to take KSC plan-managed care with high copays, they force you in their retirement plan without you making an election. No grace period, you are late at 801 and it's a occurrence, the expect robots to work no humans. Coworkers are disgruntled at all the pettiness, adults just want to come to work and work and go on about their day. In my opinion, if have other options RUN. These comments are pertaining to Main Campus-2nd floor Ortho/Spine/Pain
Pros
Pay is high for an office LVN position
Cons
Several: HIGH TURNOVER, benefits, management, no education, no training or preceptorship
Great Start to developing Customer Service
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 15, 2016
I worked at Kelsey for 9 1/2 years in their call center as a customer service rep. I am grateful to have started with Kelsey at a young age to educate me on developing Customer Service skills. The hardest part of leaving Kelsey was leaving my co workers, which I developed personal relationships with. Till this day I am still very close with quite a few of them.
Kelsey-Seybold Clinic
Ambulatory Service Representative II/ PBX Operator (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 14, 2016
My overall review of the company is good. I was given the opportunity work here for over 9 years and overall, I love it. Kelsey-Seybold offer great benefits and with excellent 401k and the employees are all like family. I would highly recommend
Great place to work.
Admin Clerk & Technical Enrollment Specialist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 14, 2016
I enjoyed my time at Kelsey-Seybold. I was able to move into several different positions that allowed me to work with different people and patients all while getting the opportunity to learn more about the healthcare industry.
Pros
Several locations throughout the Houston area
Cons
Salary
Nice environment
Healthcare service representative 1 (Former Employee) –  Pearland, TXNovember 8, 2016
Long hours for a very short lunch break, typical call center environment, nice environment good gifts during the holidays
productive
Health care service rep (Current Employee) –  Pearland, TXOctober 28, 2016
Kelsey Seybold works well with your personal schedule, helps student with school finances (investment). overall great company
Productive and nice place to work
Certified Para optometric Assistant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 29, 2016
Great place to work, but there are no breaks, and management is not great. They focus on minor details while leaving major ones untouched. The providers are tough to work with as well.
Pros
Good pay and great benefits
Cons
No breaks and not so good management
A Good Place For Go-getters
Training Specialist (Current Employee) –  Pearland, TXSeptember 5, 2016
I have enjoyed working for Kelsey-Seybold Clinic because I am honored to have the opportunity to instruct our students in the Contact Center. I have enjoyed being a small part of their success story.
Pros
Great training, and opportunity
Enjoyed Learning
Patient Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 1, 2016
This is where I started my career in the medical field. I enjoyed learning all of the job duties that I had. There was always room for advancement. I enjoyed working here.
Pros
Advancement
Cons
Layed off
Overall Greta Work Experience
Health Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 30, 2016
I actually really enjoy this job. The only reasons I would have for leaving are that I want normal hours, somehow the new employees get the better shifts even though current employees have been on a list for shift change. I think that would seriously be my only gripe. Its and excellent job, with excellent benefits and interesting people.
excellent place to work at
LVN (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 26, 2016
My typical day would be arriving at 0745 getting procedure room ready, getting pt schedule for Doctor, addressing pt concerns
Pros
enjoyed the job
Cons
to far for me to drive when moved to kingwood
Stuck in the Past
Current Employee (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 26, 2016
Kelsey Seybold is a Company that is stuck in the past when it comes to best practices. They do not know how to develop their employees nor how to plan for the future.
Great Hospital
Student Intern/ Clinical rotation (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 17, 2016
Great place to work at. I enjoyed my clinical rotation there. Staff and patients all were very comfortable to work with.
Reliable, work independently
Coordinator /Business Office (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 12, 2016
Communicate well with others, co-workers.
people person
take full responsibility for work,
get alone well with patients
hard worker, and enjoys working with friendly natured people
great management
well organized
Good company
Various Temp Jobs (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 10, 2016
Typical day would be login into EPAC software to see what maintenance work orders needs to be done and completed. Also did filing for previous work orders. My co workers and management were out standing. The hardest part of my job would be learning the blueprint of each facility
Pros
near my place of residence
productive and professional work place
Registered Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, TXJuly 30, 2016
This is a very great workplace all staff is amazing. very professional employees and the facilities are beautiful. There are so many clinics located all over the Houston area which is convenient for all patients.
Friendly staff a
Department Support Specialist I (Current Employee) –  Sugar Land, TXJuly 21, 2016
Typical day at work involves making sure patient care is provided at all times and patient are directed to their area of services needed. What I have learned here is treating patients with respect and being friendly, along with providing them with services that met his or her needs makes them come back. Management do not spend time with employees because they feel they know us well enough to get the job done but not well enough to know what job skills each employees is capable of preforming. My co-works are respectful and helpful toward one another, we can talk and encourage one another to get to the next level of our lives or career. The only hard part of the job is not being able to help everyone by the end of the day because time does not allow it but there is always tomorrow. The most enjoyable part of the job is when patients come back and tell you how much they appreciate all your hard work and how you help them get through what seem like a difficult time for them.
Pros
Staff members get along well with one another
Cons
No breaks, short staffed sometimes
Kelsey Seybold
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 14, 2016
A typical day at work at Kelsey Seybold is challenging. I have learned to be open minded and multi task during the work day. The enjoyable part of my job is being able to complete my work.
Medical Assistant
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 11, 2016
I have been working at Kelsey for 3 years. Great benefits/compensation. Management needs to review current processes for communication of information.
Awesome work place.
Ambulatory Service Representative II (Current Employee) –  Katy, TXJuly 5, 2016
I really enjoy working at KSC. No workplace is perfect, but this clinic sure has a lot of positive and good qualities. Respect and teamwork are number one when in regards to employees. Patient satisfaction is of utmost importance when it comes to the job performance. In the end, if the patients are happy then the employees are happy and its a good day in the clinic!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kelsey-Seybold Clinic. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval