Kelsey-Seybold Clinic

Kelsey-Seybold Clinic Employee Reviews in United States

Great Company
Special Accounts Specialist (Current Employee) –  Pearland, TXOctober 13, 2015
This is a great company to work for. I just feel there is not enough room for growth within the company. This company provides great services to the patients and its so fulfilling.
Pros
Great services
Like the co-workers
Payroll Analyst (Former Employee) –  Houston TexasOctober 11, 2015
I really enjoyed the ladies I worked with, allowed me the chance to grow. This job allowed me to experience different types of payroll and I enjoyed that
Pros
location
Cons
pay
Horrible place to work from day one
RN II PREOP/PACU (Former Employee) –  Kelsey-Sebold ASC downtownOctober 7, 2015
Management was the worst I have ever worked with. Favorites, out right lie about their employees, promotes bad behavior and bad moral. Yells across the room, accuses of wrongful doings when the people who complain are the bad impressionist. After the first week was constantly looking for another job. Totally unfair work assignments and HR is not better when taking a issue to them. The Doctors aren't bad at all to work with but they do know what is going on and as long as their patients are treated well which they all are then they look the other way. Management does not have the experience nor education nor personality to lead let alone work beside any other people. It is all in who you know. Will poopoo all over a good employee to keep a friend happy. The most enjoyable part was becoming friends with some other workers. The hardest part was not seeing those friends on a daily basis through grueling work assignments.
Pros
Some good people that worked with
Cons
Lots
A place where everyone hates their job
Member Services KCA (Former Employee) –  Pearland,TXSeptember 12, 2015
Its all about hitting financial targets. Employees and patient tie for fourth place.

Don't expect decent raises or promotions; the crooked management have decided who get the promotion long before the job is posted.

If you enjoy having supervisors scream across a work environment ; you'll love Member Services at the Pearland Business office.
Too lazy to email or instant message; they just constantly scream.

Kelsey is able to take micromanagement to a new level. Kindergarten kids have more respect and flexibility than this company.

Recruitment is amazing at low balling salary and promoting available promotions; none of which are true.
Pros
ZERO
Cons
Favoritism, MicroManagement, Abusive Work Environment
Worked with well qualified staff.
Triage Nurse (Former Employee) –  HOUSTON CYPRESSSeptember 4, 2015
Good place to work. Drs. knowledgeable in their specialties. Very good professional atmosphere.
Please see my resume for my work experiences at Kelsey Seybold.
Great Place to work
INSURANCE FOLLOW-UP TEAM LEAD (Current Employee) –  Pearland, TXSeptember 2, 2015
• Analyze employee statistics for data entry and collections.
• Perform monthly employee audits
• Provide feedback to employees on weekly or monthly basis as needed
• Check and verify Pre- certifications for medical procedures.
• Provide training on new policies and new changes
• Train employees on benefits and operating systems
• Insurance follow-up and claim status inquires by telephone and use of various payer websites.
• Collect payments for patients appointments and past due balances.
• Run and maintain monthly A/R for clinics.
Enjoy my department team and what I do
CMA/Derm Tech (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 30, 2015
I actually enjoy my job and look forward to going to work everyday. I adore all of my coworkers and patient encounters but not much room for advancement over long term.
Management is HORRIBLE!
Coder (Former Employee) –  Pearland, TXAugust 19, 2015
I worked there 2 years at the Administration Office Building. It is so political, managers have their favorites, you won't be able to advance or receive decent pay increases. It was okay at the beginning, but in the end it really sucked.
Pros
Good benefits and weekends off
Cons
Too political, and too much micromanaging
Awesome
Healthcare Rep II (Current Employee) –  Pearland, TXAugust 11, 2015
Its was a great experience. The environment was accommendating, my co-workers was a absolute dream. The company is a great company to work for
I felt that this environment for employment was not a good selection
RN-Patient (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 10, 2015
dull environment,workplace interaction (somewhat depressing) room temperature in patient receiving room-cold all work long day. I enjoyed the patient contact and also interactions with the patients
Pros
when able to communicate with staff, very friendly
Cons
for most of 8hrs. except for lunch, nurse confned to cold room receiving patients for their scheduled injection and or procedure
Healthcare Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Pearland, TxAugust 7, 2015
Multiple phone lines,fast pace environment scheduling , resheduling patients appointments. What i learned is good customer service.
Very productive and professional
Wellness Coordinator (Current Employee) –  All around TexasAugust 3, 2015
easy-going, right to the point, fun, great surrounding, the people are understanding and when you need help, they will provide that for you. great interacting with the patients
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
nothing at all
Management very rude, disrespectful
Ambulatory service representative II (Former Employee) –  main campusJuly 29, 2015
Monday thru Friday, I sit at front desk and collect co-pays, and bad debt, I don't feel comfortable collecting but supervisors put pressure on employees to do it. Overall, when guest get upset and request a supervisor we don't get the support that we deserve.
At the end of the day we have to count the drawer down, if the money is short or a miscount supervisor will not help, so I have been there for a hour pass my shift trying to figure out a mistake, that's what supervisors suppose to be there to help but they look at you as a problem.
Pros
breaks, department easy to run, cafeteria very nice
Cons
short breaks, management unprofessional, company don't care about employees
Horrible Management
RN (Current Employee) –  HoustonJuly 20, 2015
Soooooooo many rules of what not to do but there is no employee retention. People hate coming to this place and management knows it and they do not care. They are their own insurance company. They make too much money to care about their employees. They can never stay staffed, my own supervisor's supervisor told me that. Its a lot of drama everywhere with everyone. Managers and supervisors are messy and childish so of course the staff will be the same. Doctors know the environment but say and do nothing about it. Do yourself a favor do not work at this place. penny raises. pay is not competitive. what good is it to have benefits you can not use? they watch the timeclock for every punch, if you are late one minute clocking in, you are late. you get written up. you get written up for everything. you cant call in, even if you have a 104 fever, they dont care. you can be in a car accident, they dont care. nothing will make them care and it doesnt matter that you have worked there for years. they have a strict policy and the environment shows how unhappy employees are. the employees are told in orientation if you ever say anything bad about the company, you get fired or written up. they dont want people to know how bad their company really is.
Pros
no pros... well the benefits.
Cons
horrible management, drama, penny raises, pay is not competitive, no growth
Kelsey was a good Monday through Friday clinic job.
Clinical Oncology Pharmacist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 18, 2015
Kelsey-Seybold is a good company with a good infusion pharmacy clinic department. It is a good place to work if you are looking for a Monday through Friday day shift pharmacy position.
OK place to work if your settling in to retire
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Houston, TxJuly 14, 2015
I have worked at KS for 10 years and it was great for the flexibility due to the low census days and GREAT insurance coverage. Not the place for obtaining knowledge in the ever changing education needed in healthcare advancement.
Busy, large patient volume
Administrative Supervisor II (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 8, 2015
High volume, fast pace
Most ejoyable part of the job is working with the patients to ensure their needs are met.
Staff and co-workers are all fun to be around
Pros
Monday thru Friday, no weekends
Cons
Not quite the life/work balance desired but doable
Great job
HSR I (Current Employee) –  Pearland, TXJune 19, 2015
I schedule appointments in a prompt and courteous manner utilizing Epic scheduling software. I am able to problem solve for patients utilizing identified resources. Great place to work for.
Externship (Former Employee) –  Internal Medicine, PediatricsJune 13, 2015
During Extership, I helped room patients, took vitals(B/P.W,P,R,T), recorded patient information into the Epic 2012/2014 system for the physician. I would also help do EKGs when ordered, enter orders for specimens when ordered by the physician(s) and take to LabCorp(inside clinic). Assist nurse and physician with whatever else that was needed to help the patient.
rooming patient, customer service, providing compassionate nursing
lvn (Current Employee) –  Pearland, TXJune 4, 2015
management is little to none and need more training on how to handle conflict with in the workplace and assist nurses with further education processes

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kelsey-Seybold Clinic. Our community is ready to answer.